Old May 8th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Coconut Oil Thread

Can Coconut Oil Help You Lose Weight?
Elizabeth Renter by Elizabeth Renter

April 25th, 2014
05/05/2014 at 8:52 pm

coconut 263x164 Can Coconut Oil Help You Lose Weight?People are using coconut oil for everything from baking to skin care, and with good reason—coconut oil is a versatile, healthful, and useful product. Though some of the benefits of coconut oil are vetted in kitchens and bathrooms rather than scientific labs, others have been tested and proven by researchers. One notable study, published in the journal Lipids, found that coconut oil could have a positive impact for those struggling with obesity.

For the study, the researchers analyzed the effects of daily coconut oil consumption on women with waist circumferences greater than 88 cm. The study involved 40 women between 20 and 40 years of age.

The women were separated into two groups: one receiving 30 mL of coconut oil daily and the other receiving an equal amount of soybean oil as a control. During the study period of 12 weeks, the participants were also told to eat a low calorie diet and walk for 50 minutes each day. One week before the study, baseline measurements were taken in weight, waist circumference, and blood lipid profiles.

During the study, women in both groups cut back on calories and dietary carbohydrates, while increasing caloric intake of protein and fiber. Fat ingestion remained unchanged. Only one week after the dietary changes were made, the coconut oil group had higher levels of HDL (“good” cholesterol) and lower levels of LDL. Further, though both groups had reductions in body mass index (a measurement of weight and height), only the coconut oil group experienced a reduction in waist circumference.

The amount of coconut oil used in the study was equal to about 2 tablespoons. Does this mean you too could reduce belly fat by including coconut oil in your diet? Possibly.

But before picking out the desirable parts of this study and running with it, it’s important to remember that the study participants also decreased their total caloric intake and began exercising daily for 50 minutes. Pairing these significant lifestyle changes with coconut oil consumption seemed to have the best results.

To make coconut oil part of your daily routine, you don’t have to swallow it by the spoonful. You can cook with it, put it in smoothies, or use it in place of other oils on salads, baked goods, and more. The health benefits of coconut oil are amazing – start using it now!

http://naturalsociety.com/can-coconu...#ixzz31B0ltgJl

Old May 8th, 2014 #2
Jimmy Marr

For about a week now I've been starting my day with a blended emulsion of espresso, coconut oil, and butter.

The mix changes the way I metabolize the caffeine. I don't get a rush after I drink it and I don't crash a couple hours later.

If I loose any blubber, I'll report it on this thread.

Meanwhile, I'm a stabler addict.

Quote:
Coconut Oil Coffee
Start Your Day Right with Skinny Coconut Oil

Have you ever put coconut oil in your coffee? It may just be the boost you need get off on the right foot or for an extra kick later in the day!

Coffee with coconut oil not only helps you be more focused and alert, but can also help you lose weight and boost your metabolism. What more could you ask for in a drink? Almost forgot, it also tastes great!

How It Works

Coconut oil is mostly made up of medium chain fatty acids (MCFA). These are processed directly by your liver, reducing the necessity for glucose production and not allowing the fat to be stored. MCFA-rich diets have also been shown to increase energy expenditure and metabolic rates. MCFAs, when processed by the liver, also produce ketones, which can be used by most cells in the body for energy, especially in the brain.

When you drink coconut oil in coffee you're not only getting your heart pumping, but you're also giving your brain and your metabolism a boost. It's a win-win-win.

Coconut oil and coffee can be prepared in many different ways. Whether it’s the amount of oil, how to mix all the ingredients or type of coffee, there’s no wrong answer. It really comes down to personal preference, but here are how some other coconut coffee lovers are enjoying this tasty concoction:

Coconut Oil Coffee Recipes

Wellness Mama

1 cup organic coffee
1 tablespoon coconut oil, or more
1 teaspoon organic grass fed unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon vanilla
Blend all the ingredients for 20 seconds and drink immediately after.

The Life

Put your coconut oil into a cup (2 tablespoons, but start with less at first)
Add hot coffee or espresso, tea is also an option
Stir, sip, and enjoy

Cape Cod Coffee Blog

Two brewed cups of coffee
3 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons half and half or milk of choice
One tablespoon honey
Half cup of ice
Blend well and drink

Bulletproof Coffee

2-6 tablespoons of unsalted, grass-fed butter
1-2 tablespoons of MCT oil (or coconut oil)
2 cups of hot coffee brewed with low-toxin coffee beans
Kick things up a notch by frothing your coffee with a Vitamix or Nutri Bullet blender. We recommend low toxin, Upgraded Self coffee or Kicking Horse Coffee and Kerrygold unsalted, grass-fed butter.
http://www.skinnycoconutoil.com/blog...nut-oil-coffee

Old August 7th, 2014 #3
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
The mix changes the way I metabolize the caffeine.
The fats would drastically slow the absorption of the caffeine in your stomach and intestines, yeah. You definitely notice the difference in how you feel when you drink a double espresso, and a double latte, for example.

Old August 7th, 2014 #4
Nate Richards

I've been known to use it "intimately". Clots up on you at room temps though. Yeah you can cook with it too.

Just let her know you're "rubbing the ugly away" lol they love that

Old August 7th, 2014 #5
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

I've never heard of soybean oil. I've even never seen it in Asia markets. The healthiest oils contain Omega-3 which is also found in quality seafood. Coconut fat ( it's only warm i summer. In winter, it coagulates)tastes overwhelmingly delicious. The problem with that is that most of it comes from Indonesia where those monkeys hack down rainforests which provide oxygen for everyone including Humans, unless it's biological palmoil:

https://www.regenwald.org/aktion/873...fia-zu-stoppen

Quote:
...Nordin kann große Erfolge verzeichnen: 2011 leitete die Polizei dank seiner Beweise Untersuchungen gegen zehn illegal rodende Palmölfirmen ein. Das Verfassungsgericht entschied zudem, dass tausende Hektar Palmölplantagen gegen die Verfassung verstoßen, weil Ureinwohner und Bauern vertrieben wurden...

Old August 7th, 2014 #6
N.B. Forrest

Coconut oil is also supposed to help fight age-related cognitive decline. I've taken it in the past, and intend to start again.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old August 7th, 2014 #7
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
The fats would drastically slow the absorption of the caffeine in your stomach and intestines, yeah. You definitely notice the difference in how you feel when you drink a double espresso, and a double latte, for example.
Totally true. It was such a buzzkill I quit coffee all together (for a while).

Now we just use it to make our own toothpaste. It works damn well on that, too.

Equal parts of coconut oil and sodium bicarbonate. Add peppermint oil for flavor. Spray food grade hydrogen peroxide in mouth first, then brush.

Your teeth will be become as white as Craig Cobb's at half the cost.

Nota bene: Don't try to make beer out of this shit, Donnie.

Old August 10th, 2014 #8
ILM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Toothgold View Post
I've never heard of soybean oil. I've even never seen it in Asia markets. The healthiest oils contain Omega-3 which is also found in quality seafood. Coconut fat ( it's only warm i summer. In winter, it coagulates)tastes overwhelmingly delicious. The problem with that is that most of it comes from Indonesia where those monkeys hack down rainforests which provide oxygen for everyone including Humans, unless it's biological palmoil:

https://www.regenwald.org/aktion/873...fia-zu-stoppen

Omega 3 is not healthy, that scam is same as the pufa scam.

I use coconut daily and that has improved my health.

Old August 11th, 2014 #9
Susan

Apparently it's a great anti aging skin lotion too. I'm not prone to wrinkles but if your family gets wrinkly you might want to try it.

Old February 6th, 2016 #10
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

I was told that the Alpha DME is the best quality coconut oil.

http://alphahealth.ca/products/alpha-dme-oil

If there is any other brand claiming to be better, I'd like to know about it.

Old February 8th, 2016 #11
Dakota Dave

Its also great for dogs. I give my dog a teaspoon a day with his morning food and he loves it. Its great for his digestion, coat and skin. In his case it also helps him with winter cracking of his pads. He use to get sore next to his nail beds and it would move into his pads from his constant licking. No longer an issue.

Thread