VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 1st, 2013 #1
moviecritic
Banned

Default whites invented asian martial arts

pankration. Trained by greek legions, and spread east to india during Alexander the greats conquests, and probably continued east and gave birth to eastern martial arts like karate, tae kwon do, kung fu etc.

Old May 2nd, 2013 #2
MikeQuigley
Banned

I've been involved in martial arts for about 20 years but have read everything I can find on it my whole life. I think you're sort of right. I believe that since the first caveman had to protect his family or food, they started figuring out things that worked. It's hard to say at what point a groups ideas were considered a martial art. I think there were different ideas from different peoples. Obviously wrestling had to be second nature in it's rawest form. Hell animals wrestle. Did you ever watch a couple of cats playing? That is some of the most athletic high level jiu jitsu I have ever seen.

Old May 2nd, 2013 #3
Karl Lueger

Quote:
pankration.
Pankration is awesome;
the version we trained is a bit controlled, while the Spartans battlefield version was no limits at all obviously.

Rambo, John J.

Old May 3rd, 2013 #4
moviecritic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lueger View Post
Pankration is awesome;
the version we trained is a bit controlled, while the Spartans battlefield version was no limits at all obviously.
pankration means all powers when alexander the great conquered india
it spread to china which gave birth to kung fu karate and muay thai

Old May 3rd, 2013 #5
moviecritic
Banned

here proof
Indian martial arts were an important influence in the development of a number of modern Asian martial arts, particularly within the Indian cultural sphere (countries outside India influenced by Indian culture and religion) of Southeast Asia. Examples include Indo-Malay silat,[7] Burmese banshay, naban and bando,[8] Filipino escrima and kali,[9] Thai krabi krabong[10] and Cambodian bokator. Indian martial arts also lightly influenced[clarification needed] the various forms of Indochinese kickboxing, namely Muay Thai from Thailand, Muay Lao from Laos, Tomoi from Malaysia, Pradal Serey from Cambodia and Lethwei from Myanmar.[10]

Thread