Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 5th, 2013 #1
Brooklyn Rick

Default Sig Saur p220 .45

Just bought one. Changed the grips to the wood Hoage wrap arounds, and this thing feels soooo right in the hand. Recoil is less than my 1911 and is very accurate out of the box. Didn't shoot it with hollowpoints yet. Does anyone else have one?

Old March 5th, 2013 #2
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

I have a Sig, bit not that one. Sig makes some great handguns.

Old March 5th, 2013 #3
Squarehead Chris

I don't go for that stamped sheet metal euro rubbish.

I have a Colt manufactured 1911...
Forged steel from top to bottom.

Old March 5th, 2013 #4
Brooklyn Rick

It's stamped MADE IN USA, pal.... I also have a Wilson CQB.

Old March 5th, 2013 #5
keifer

Sights are mis matched, elevation is off by 2.5 inches at seven yards from the factory. More nickle-diming that needs tended to, the short list keeps getting longer when it comes to gear upgrades and maintenance. Also, when considering sight radius, once the distance between front and rear sights has been established, there is little too much open space on the front sight alignment as if the sights are too small to begin with for that barrel length, or that they were not intended to be spaced at that distance from the get go. Too much light around the silhouette of sight alignment, too much play on the front sight. Target acquisition is slowed and second guessed.
Once the sights are replaced, this tool will be 100%.

De-cocking features are a must for any carry semi-auto.

Trigger guard has teeth breaking possibilities, and fits the criteria that any firearm should still function as a weapon when ammo is depleted. The trigger, when not cocked, has enough room for the index finger to fit inside the guard behind the trigger. This open space seemed a little excessive at first even for the travel required for the dual trigger sets, but once you realize that a full five finger grip can be had on the pistol with out engaging the trigger, you will realize the pistol whipping capabilities. This is how I sleep when sleeping in the bush, full grip, index finger acting as a secondary safety, ear to the ground.

If a person can not field strip this pistol while blind folded, then they are mentally challenged.

Old March 5th, 2013 #6
keifer

When posting up about gear, especially fire arms, a person makes a one sentence statement, followed by an entire paragraph of wording that is meant to ward off contradiction.
This firearm has no safety. When it is cocked, the trigger recedes the full distance of the trigger guard. When the decocking lever is engaged, the trigger moves forward. When stating that my index finger behind the trigger was a secondary safety, I can see where that would be misleading. I simply meant that I chamber a round, depress the decocking lever, and slide my index finger behind the trigger as a safety when sleeping with this fire arm under my sagebrush pillow.

Old March 5th, 2013 #7
keifer

Old March 7th, 2013 #8
Brooklyn Rick

I kinda like the big sights, Keifer. I have the Wilson low profile 3 dot's on my 1911, and sometimes they are hard to see. My 50 year old eyes aint what they used to be. One thing about the Sig sights is they are bright and discernible at night. I bought this mainly in case of Wolves, which are becoming a problem around here in the evening.. I can see how the big front sight covers some of the target on paper, but if I'm shooting something relatively large and furry It won't make much of a difference. I like it so far. It shoots pretty straight, so I know its the gun and not me.....................

Thread