Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Uncensored Europe + > Russia
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old March 9th, 2017 #1
Alex Him

Post Some false articles on the version of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia

Excerpts from Briefing by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Maria Zakharova, Moscow, February 22, 2017

Launching a special section dedicated to fake news on the Foreign Ministrys official website

To develop the initiative I mentioned during the press briefing on February 15, I direct your attention to the new section of the Foreign Ministrys official website, which will feature examples of published materials that contain false information about Russia. Today we are launching this section, which will be available on the website.

The first collection of such news has already been published. You can read them on the website in the Press Service section Articles and Rebuttals Published materials that contain false information about Russia. The section will feature bogus propaganda stories by various media sources and provide links to them.

Unfortunately, this section will be updated regularly. Of course, not every fake news story will be published there. The objective is to show the main trends in publishing fake news about our country and to try to stop their spread.

We work with foreign correspondents on a permanent and regular basis. You know where to find us and how to reach us by phone or email. If foreign correspondents have any suggestions for this section, or if they want to provide proof of their news stories so that they are removed from the website, please send us your additional materials. Please call, write, visit. We will address the information you publish.

Anti-fake news section on the Russian Foreign Ministrys website

Question:

Why has the Foreign Ministry decided to create an anti-fake news section on its website?

Maria Zakharova:

First, we have to speak at nearly all briefings about materials that include or promote unreliable information or information that is published again and again even though we have refuted it some time ago. Second, in addition to making comments on the situation at large, we consider it necessary to say that this or that topic is an example of stovepiping as part of an anti-Russia information campaign and to cite concrete materials in this respect. I believe the public must know its heroes. It is one thing to comment on a situation, but it is quite another matter when we provide the names of media outlets and journalists who are involved.

We fully respect media freedom. It was a choice of principle made by our country. We have a legal framework regarding this, and we not just respect media freedom but also journalists opinions even when we do not agree with them. Unfortunately, it is a fact that information campaigns are waged to promote false information planted for this purpose. There were elements of information warfare and information aggression last time I checked. Fake news has become a global trend. Paradoxically, Russia is regularly accused of engaging in this. I am referring to government agencies and media. All international media outlets use the same method when providing unreliable information about Russia they do not provide facts. This is the saddest and probably the most paradoxical element. A great deal of information is published, but never concrete facts.

On top of everything, a focus on entirely anonymous leaks represents a new component of this narrative. We are unaware of who is behind them, so no one can be held accountable. Meanwhile, the media tend to make major and far-reaching conclusions based on this information.

Theres another angle to it. Look at whats happening: first, some information is put out there in the form of leaks coming from unnamed high-ranking sources, or they even go as far as publishing official opinions without providing any reliable information. All of that trickles down from major to smaller media, and from print media to television. After that, everything spreads across the internet at breakneck speed. Public opinion is formed. Two to three months later, a correction is published. However, the damage caused by this unverified information or misinformation is enormous, because the information has reached everyone through print and online media. The correction is therefore pointless.

I often cite an example that you are familiar with regarding Russian submarines in Northern Europe. This is a very similar approach where information is published citing anonymous sources in several countries about Russian submarines surfacing someplace and threatening to do something awful, and so on. No data or facts are provided, and no one can be made accountable for that. Six months later that same publication, in order to legally absolve itself of responsibility, publishes a one-line correction to the effect that it was not a submarine, but a fragment or the debris of a ship or a regular boat. However, no one is interested in the news any longer. No one is anxious to spread it. Probably, only Russia is interested in it telling everyone that they are issuing a correction now. But the effect is zero. All of that goes on and on. This submarine scare has lasted for decades. Talk about a sustained trend.

We started this section in order to provide specific examples. We're not pioneers in this regard, nor have we come up with anything new. I reiterate that we are open to a dialogue. If a publication, an editorial board, or reporters decide that their article was posted there without grounds and provide us with the information which would corroborate their assertions, we will certainly take it into consideration. We are open to communication. However, things like what happened in Montenegro simply cannot be. After all, we are constantly refuting the information. With more planted stories making their way to the press, our rebuttals, which we made many times, were not even noticed.

Fake news

Question:

Will the Russian Foreign Ministrys site post Russian articles, for example, about a boy crucified in Slavyansk, in its fake news section? There are frequent situations when the positions of our, your and other correspondents differ a lot. For example, three years ago I was told in Crimea that the green men are Russian troops but the official stance was different. Or, for example, that a Russian Buk shot the Malaysian Boeing.

Maria Zakharova:

When were you last in Donbass? Tell me, who has ever been to Donbass? You are speaking about the situation in the south of Ukraine, but those foreign colleagues who were there can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Question:

Ive been there many times, as long as I was allowed to enter. Alexander Zakharchenko promised that if I called him, they would let me in. I called him three times and they didnt.

If theres a report that has me stating our opinion and proving that this is indeed the case, but you say that it isnt, that its fake news, what about it then?

Maria Zakharova:

Look how everyone has sat up. Frankly, I didnt even expect this kind of furore. This only goes to show that were doing everything just right. I didnt even think that everyone would be so concerned. If you dont publish fake news, why then does it worry you so? This means you have no chance of winding up there. I dont see what the problem is.

As for reports in the Russian media, as you understand, the Foreign Ministry is involved in foreign policy. We are the agency that, under Russian law, works with foreign correspondents. We issue accreditation and actually work with foreign reporters. Our task is to refute information that is published in foreign media outlets. This is part of our job description. I can tell you maybe you were not present in this room its a subsection of a large section that is related to rebuttals. If you click on it you will see that we regularly refute materials that, in our opinion, in one way or another are untrue and were published in Russian media outlets. Dont worry about your Russian colleagues. An appropriate spot is always allotted to them there.

Now youve taken this news too close to heart. Tell me, did you react in the same way to the reports that such sections were launched long ago in the media resources of European agencies that are overseen by Brussels? Do you ask them the same questions when they post information about the Russian media? Have you asked them about the criteria they use in selecting materials for publication? We asked this question and were told there are no criteria. We asked them to provide information or to substantiate these sections, materials and conclusions with concrete information. We received nothing. I can tell you more. Its unfair to rebuke me over the fact that Mr Zakharchenko did not respond to your call three times in a row. However, I believe that when they hear today about your difficulties in communicating with people in Donbass who are in charge of contacts with the press and we are live on the air they will pay attention to you. So come more often and get it off your chest. Youll be heard.

How responsive everyone always is to foreign correspondents concerns! How sensitive they are! In particular, yesterday a question was asked regarding the investigation into the case involving Swedish reporters. Foreign Minister Lavrov provided exhaustive information. The Information and Press Department could have provided all details to the Swedish correspondent but she decided to do so at the news conference, not in the regular course of work, as is common practice with many. How acutely this pain is felt when foreign correspondents are concerned! Dont put it into the fake news section. Dont strip them of accreditation. Of course, investigations are necessary. Why are you not just as sensitive and responsive to these problems where your Russian colleagues are involved? You dont consider them your colleagues? You dont regard people who have worked for years in Syria, where there is not a single Western correspondent, as professionals? Do you think all of this is fabricated? Every time we report on what we find in Aleppo. Why is this information reported only in the Russian media, but does not get through to you?

And another point. Look how many Russian correspondents were expelled from European countries. They are denied admittance to events they plan to cover. They have accreditation problems. A large number of TV channels in a number of countries were blocked due to their disagreement with the official position in these countries. Is this information reported in your media? No? Why? These are your colleagues. This is still about freedom of expression. Its indivisible. There cant be more of it or less of it. If you judge us, why dont you judge yourselves?

Finally, a very important aspect. Today we sent a letter signed by the Information and Press Department director to OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media Dunja Mijatović enumerating and specifying our concerns related to the infringement on Russian media rights. We not only lodge complaints but we also provide her and her institution with information about her concerns. For example, she asks us how the investigation of a particular case is proceeding, and we provide her the required information.

Id like to give you one example. More than a year ago, we sent an official note from the Russian Foreign Ministry to the EU permanent mission in Moscow requesting information about the procedure for the accreditation of Russian correspondents abroad. Do you think we received an answer? No. When Russian correspondents are expelled or denied entry to European countries, we are told that they violated accreditation rules. We officially requested information about the accreditation procedure and visa requirements for foreign correspondents, in particular from Russia, so that they could work in EU territory. There was no response. And there is a whole foreign mission working here! Hows that? We constantly hear and thereve been a number of materials written by your colleagues alleging that Russia has a non-transparent and undemocratic accreditation system for foreign correspondents. Well, well! All documents on the accreditation procedure are posted on our website. This law has been at work for many years. It was signed under President Yeltsin and has not been amended once. Its available. Whats more, we reply to all questions practically in manual mode. Only once did we request the necessary documents from the EU to know the accreditation procedure for our correspondents so that they are not expelled. You see what I mean? These are not even double standards. This is simply playing on another chessboard.

I will say for the third time today what if some media outlets, which find their materials in the new section, have any questions and they provide us the relevant information, what problems can there be? We will look into their situation. The problem, however, is that the exact opposite is happening. When we see fake news (it is not our term; we did not make it up; we did not launch this campaign; it was a mainstream word in the presentations of all of our Western colleagues at the Munich conference), we write or try to get in touch with a corresponding media outlet and state our position. Unfortunately, very often no one wants to reflect Russias official line. Lets try doing it in reverse. If you have complaints, write and we will simply change something. Lets swap places and you will see how hard it is to prove that youre right.

Question:

Will you please repeat that. If a journalist or correspondent says he thinks the Malaysian Boeing was shot down by a Russian Buk, will the journalist be posted on that site section or not?

Maria Zakharova:

You are perfectly aware that journalists and media outlets are responsible for what they publish. This is not something seen in a dream. Surely, if you claim something, there must be some materials and data to support the claim. We are not speaking about social media accounts owned by individuals, we are speaking about the media. I just cant wrap my head around the idea that such an article will come out and there will be no arguments. Can this happen?

We have already launched the section of the website. We are awaiting your response. Please write, call, provide information, we are ready to work with you.

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/press_service/s...ent/id/2656004

Old March 9th, 2017 #2
Alex Him

Russia Considers Returning Snowden to U.S.

20 February 2017 - 17:33

This article makes false assertions.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ficial-n718921

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2652656

Old March 9th, 2017 #3
Alex Him

Russia plotted to overthrow Montenegro's government

20 February 2017 - 17:51

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...assassinating/

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2652691

Old March 9th, 2017 #4
Alex Him

Russia Deploys Missile, Violating Treaty

20 February 2017 - 17:54

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/w...eaty.html?_r=0

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2652709

Old March 9th, 2017 #5
Alex Him

Russia Is Hacking Frances Presidential Front-Runner

20 February 2017 - 17:56

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...fers-cyber-hit

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2652719

Old March 9th, 2017 #6
Alex Him

Vitaly Churkin is 5th Suspicious Death of Russian Diplomat in 3 months

22 February 2017 - 14:46

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2017...nths/2641.html

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2655982

Old March 9th, 2017 #7
Alex Him

Financing Syria reconstruction

27 February 2017 - 11:34

While confirming the negotiations between Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov, ambassadors of EU member states and European Union Ambassador to Russia on February 8, 2017, we would like to inform the Financial Times that during the meeting the Russian side did not suggest that the EU provide Syria with tens of billions of dollars for reconstruction. Unfortunately, Financial Times never contacted the Foreign Ministry for a comment on this prior to publication.

https://www.ft.com/content/47933554-...6-2d969e0d3b65

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2659041

Old March 9th, 2017 #8
Alex Him

The New York Times item about fake news

1 March 2017 - 17:08

On February 23, The New York Times published an article titled With Big Red Stamp, Russia Singles Out What It Calls Fake News. We are grateful to its author, Neil MacFarquhar, for his attention to the Foreign Ministry website about fake news and his desire to understand the reasons behind this important project.

It is regrettable that Mr MacFarquhar does not understand, or does not want to understand our position, as we can see from his statements that Russia appears to be labelling as fake any articles it dislikes, and is creating alternative realities. Neither statement is true. We explained our position clearly and unambiguously at the February 22 briefing.

Mr MacFarquhars article will be added to our new project for two reasons. First, it deliberately distorts Russias position. And second, it does not even mention, let alone objectively analyse similar projects by Euro-Atlantic organisations.

We reaffirm our respect for the freedom of the press and an interested exchange of opinions. We are not going to create obstacles for journalists or prohibit any publications in Russia provided they respect Russian law. Unfortunately, we see certain elements in the work of leading media outlets and not only in the West which experts describe as the tabloidisation of the press. This negative trend is in evidence in many countries. Experts and political scientists around the world are raising alarm over the plummeting professional standards in journalism, which explains the publication of distorted and unreliable information and sometimes blatant lies. The media community has not yet found a way to respond to this new global challenge, which is undermining the principle of free speech.

For our part, we will continue to draw attention to unreliable information about Russias foreign policy published in the international media. You will not get silent consent to these lies from us.

We hope The New York Times will hear our opinion and will put forth our position objectively and in detail in its articles about the Russian Foreign Ministry. We also hope that the newspapers journalists will fight disinformation and attempts to create alternative realities not only in Russia but also at home and in other European capitals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/w...ministry-.html

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2662229

Old March 9th, 2017 #9
Alex Him

Publication on the Al Jazeera website

1 March 2017 - 17:46

On February 26, an article, entitled Russias New Game in Afghanistan, was posted on the Qatari-based Al Jazeera TV network website. The author, Najib Sharifi, claims that Russia is collaborating with certain terrorist groups, in particular the Taliban movement. The journalist cites Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, who allegedly stated that Russia is sharing intelligence with the Taliban in fighting the Islamic State (a terrorist organisation banned in Russia). This is an outright lie; Mr Lavrov has said nothing of the kind. Replying to media questions after his meeting with Afghan Foreign Minister Salahuddin Rabbani on February 7, the minister mentioned Russias support for Afghan security forces and the Afghan national army with arms and ammunition.

The legal framework has been improved, and the agreement came into force in November 2016. We continue to supply arms and ammunition to the aforementioned Afghan entities. We have established close contacts between our respective special services and intelligence agencies. There are information exchanges related to identifying and eliminating terrorist groups and making efforts to combat them more effective. We reaffirmed our mutual position that the Taliban movement should engage in constructive dialogue based on the criteria laid down in the UN Security Council resolutions and supported by the government of Afghanistan [he said].

Unfortunately, such insinuations against Russia are nothing new. We have already commented on the absurd remarks by Gen. John Nicolson, commander of US and NATO forces in Afghanistan, who claims that Russia is supplying arms to the Taliban to undermine US and NATO positions in Afghanistan.

We reiterate that Russia is actually fighting international terrorism and does not support militants.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...095212195.html

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2662275

Old March 9th, 2017 #10
Alex Him

Insinuations regarding the official duties of the Russian Ambassador to the United States

2 March 2017 - 21:53

On March 2, CNN posted an article, Graham, McCain want answers on Sessions-Russia report, on its website in the U.S. Politics section.

A passage about Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak caught our attention. Citing current and former senior US government officials, the article claims that Kislyak is considered by US intelligence to be one of Russia's top spies and spy-recruiters in Washington, which is an egregious media provocation and a stunning charge to level at a Russian diplomat. The CNN reporters never asked the Foreign Ministrys Information and Press Department to confirm or refute this information.

Sergey Kislyak has been representing the Russian Federation in the United States since July 26, 2008 with the consent of the competent US authorities. We understand that no complaints against the Ambassador have been made by authorities.

Under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of April 18, 1961, the primary functions of diplomatic missions include not only representative functions, but also negotiating with the Government of the receiving State; ascertaining by all lawful means conditions and developments in the receiving State, and reporting thereon to the Government of the sending State; promoting friendly relations between the sending State and the receiving State, and developing their economic, cultural and scientific relations. Sergey Kislyak's efforts in these areas over the past 10 years have always been highly rated both in Russia and America.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/01/po...ion/index.html

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2664986

Old March 9th, 2017 #11
Ray Allan

Default Why can't we have women like this in America?

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old March 13th, 2017 #12
Alex Him

Allegations of Russias fifth column in Hungary to destabilise the EU

10 March 2017 - 19:30

On March 6, the Hungarian daily Nepszava published an article, Russians Step out of the Shadows, which, citing a report by the Political Capital think tank (Budapest), levelled new allegations at Russia, which now stands accused of funding and organising a fifth column to destabilise the EU. None of the Nepszava staff sought comment from the Foreign Ministrys Information and Press Department or Russian diplomatic missions in Hungary.

Speaking during the Government Hour at the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation on January 25, 2017, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said: As for the EUs collapse, we have never wanted this. As President Putin has said, we want the EU to be strong, united and independent.

It is bewildering to hear about the alleged Russian plots against the EU, that we have toppled the Democratic administration in the United States and plan to do the same in France, Germany, the Netherlands and other countries, Mr Lavrov said.

As Mr Lavrov said during negotiations with German Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs Sigmar Gabriel on March 9, We have never avoided any conversations. Give us concrete facts and we will be ready to discuss and deal with everything.

To reiterate, the Nepszava story has no basis in fact and is a continuation of the effort to discredit our country by certain forces in the West and big financial interests. We are convinced that such articles will fail to undermine Russian-Hungarian relations and impede the normal work of our diplomatic missions in Hungary.

http://nepszava.hu/cikk/1122643-magy...orosz-zsoldban

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2673733

Old March 14th, 2017 #13
VitezSrpstvo

Fake: Massive European Demonstrations Supporting Donbas

Russian media reported that on March 5 Europeans staged massive demonstrations in support of Donbas, the eastern Ukrainian industrial region currently occupied by Russian- sponsored separatists.
Website screenshot tass.ru

Website screenshot ukraina.ru

The demonstrations were in fact made up of small groups of emigrants from the former Soviet Union who gathered in several European capitals holding signs such as Je suis Donbas and Stop the genocide in Donbas.
All the demonstrations featured self-proclaimed Donetsk Peoples Republic flags, Russian national flags, red flags of the former Soviet Union and the notorious black and orange St. Georges ribbon, a Russian military symbol widely associated with Russian nationalist and separatist sentiment.
The demonstrators accused Ukraine of not abiding by the Minsk ceasefire agreement, of staging a coup in the country and conducting genocide against Donbas residents.
The rallies were organized by Donetsk Peoples Republic activist Shezhana Aendo. Speaking on the Abkhazian Network News channel (Anna-News) Aendo thanked the pro-Putin Russian biker gang the Night Wolves and the National Liberation Movement, an extremist group which believes Russia is a colony of the US, for helping organize the protests.
The demonstrators sacrificed their hard earned funds, hand painted the signs at night because they believe that they are the Donbas Aendo said (Anna news interview 12:35).
TASS, RIA Novosti, Rossiyskaya Gazeta, Vzglyad, Ukraina.ru, News front and others disseminated this story.

Snezhana Aendos site Yadonbas.rus contains video from the various sparsely attended rallies. The participants all speak Russian amongst themselves; some hold signs accusing Ukraines President Petro Poroshenko of orchestrating the war. The site also features a list of protest organizers and their social media accounts. They are all either Russian or pro-Russian societies.
To allege that Europeans massively took to the streets protesting the war in eastern Ukraine is clearly a gross overstatement of what were essentially a few small and insignificant pro-Russian gatherings that only Kremlin propaganda reported.

Old March 15th, 2017 #14
Alex Him

Deutsche Welle article about the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media

15.03.17 - 17:34

The Russian version of the article about the vacant position of the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media, which was published on March 11 after Dunja Mijatovic left the post, differs from the German version. This difference is crucial, because the Russian speaking audiences have been offered a very strange explanation of why the post has been left vacant for the first time in OSCE history.

According to Deutsche Welle, the fault is entirely Russias. To prove this, the publication provides a quotation from interpretative statements made by the EU countries and Canada that are OSCE members. However, the authors of this article did not cite any quotation from the statement made by Russia, which is part and parcel of the March 23, 2016 decision by the OSCE Ministerial Council. Acting in the best traditions of fake news, Deutsche Welle forgot to write that these statements concerned the coordination of candidates that took place in 2016.

Under Permanent Council Decision No. 193 of November 5, 1997, an OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media is elected for a term of three years with a possible three-year extension. Since no consensus could be reached to appoint a new Representative on Freedom of the Media last year, Russia supported the decision to extend, as an exceptional measure, the mandate of Ms Dunja Mijatovic as OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media for one year.

A year later, no consensus could be reached either, because of a stance taken by one country. But this country is not Russia. However, Deutsche Welle obviously had no intention of writing the truth.

Furthermore, the unhealthy atmosphere created in the article is based on false assumptions and is damaging to Ms Mijatovics reputation. Her relations with the Russian partners have always been constructive, close and businesslike. Russia promptly responded to the requests of the OSCEs Representative office, while Ms Mijatovic never refused to discuss issues of interest to us, that is, the media situation in the OSCE countries.

Lastly, Deutsche Welle did not even bother to ask Russia about its opinion on the problems with electing a new Representative on Freedom of the Media.

http://dw.com/ru/как-обсе-осталась-б...aca=rus-tco-dw

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/nedostovernie-publ...nguageId=en_GB

Old April 1st, 2017 #15
Alex Him

The BBCs US office item titled Trump Russia dossier key claim verified

31 March 2017 - 12:48

On March 30, BBC published yet another item about our colleague, Russian diplomat Mikhail Kalugin, who headed the Russian Embassys economics division until last August. The article titled Trump Russia dossier key claim verified alleges that Mr Kalugin was a spy and that this is proved by the so-called Steele dossier about Russias involvement in the US presidential election last year.

We want to once again make it quite clear that neither Mikhail Kalugin nor any other member of the Russian diplomatic service or any other agencies in the United States was connected in any way with the US presidential election and that they did not violate US laws.

Mikhail Kalugin is a career diplomat who worked in the United States for six years. His main mission was to promote bilateral economic ties. At present, he is on the Central Staff of the Russian Foreign Ministry. Contrary to what the BBC claims, during his assignment in the United States he regularly met with representatives of the US Department of State, the National Security Council and various US economic departments. Mikhail Kalugin was also engaged in the public sphere giving lectures and interviews. Responsible media representatives can check this information and publish the results of their enquiries. By the way, the BBC item claims that the State Department staff who dealt with Russia have never met Kalugin. This is a bare-faced lie. Although all official forms and methods of interaction were curtailed in 2014 at the initiative of the Obama administration, our diplomats searched for and found ways to keep our bilateral relations afloat. It is an absolutely normal practice.

We would like to repeat that this item published by the BBC is an absolutely absurd story that runs counter to the corporations professional principles. We believe its time to stop spreading these politically motivated allegations.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39435786

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/nedostovernie-publ...ent/id/2712949

Old April 4th, 2017 #16
Alex Him

Washington Times publication about the explosion in St Petersburg metro on April 3, 2017

4 April 2017 - 12:32

We were surprised by the visual content of the Washington Times article on the St Petersburg metro explosion on April 3. What was the editors reasoning for placing a photo from the unauthorised rally in Moscow on March 26? We hope they did not intend to compile facts to misinform their audience. We are, however, satisfied with the prompt corrections made after our call to their Moscow office.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-injures-unkn/

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2716052

Old April 5th, 2017 #17
Alex Him

Kommersant interview with Deputy Secretary General of NATO Rose Gottemoeller, NATO had no plans to strengthen its eastern borders before what happened in Ukraine

4 April 2017 - 16:31

We took note of the interview by Deputy Secretary General of NATO Rose Gottemoeller, posted by the newspaper Kommersant on April 3 under a dubious headline, which is also a quote from her interview: NATO had no plans to strengthen its eastern borders before what happened in Ukraine.

This statement from a high-ranking representative of the alliance, in fact, ignores NATOs rapid eastward expansion immediately after the Soviet Union collapsed, long before the recent coup in Kiev. Her subsequent statements only muddle the picture of what is happening near Russias borders.

In particular, the claim that all efforts of NATO members in Eastern Europe and the Baltic States are non-threatening, defensive, and proportionate simply is not true. After all, the matter is not confined to just four multinational battalions. These are long-term measures aimed at gaining a strategic advantage in Europe. Thus, a number of European countries will be storing advanced equipment for several US Army mechanised brigades. Staff structures are being created. The air force grouping is being built up, the aircraft of which will patrol the airspace, including above the Baltic States. The intensity of the exercises conducted by the NATO countries is increasing, and their scale is significant.

There are many concrete examples of the alliance ratcheting up military-political tensions in the vicinity of Russia's borders. Here are just a few. A US Navy destroyer, equipped with anti-ballistic missiles and cruise missiles, Tomahawk long-range strike missiles, was 30 nautical miles away from Kaliningrad. NATO ships called at the port of Odessa. The latest NATO fighter jets are based in Estonia at a distance of a 10 minute flight time to St Petersburg. Ms Gottemoeller should be asked about the true purpose of such a peaceful build-up of NATO's military presence near the borders of an aggressive Russia.How would Brussels react if Russian ships showed up within 30 miles of the US naval base in Norfolk or our planes were based within a five-minute flight from Long Island, New York?

With regard to deploying Iskander mobile missile systems in the Kaliningrad Region, we would like to point out the fact that Russia has never concealed that such military events are being carried out. The units of the missile forces were on several occasions redeployed and will be redeployed as part of the combat training plan for the Russian Armed Forces, including in the Kaliningrad Region. This happens on Russian territory and does not violate any international treaties or agreements.

Despite this latest confirmation that the leadership of the alliance is not interested in looking for ways out of the complex situation that NATO itself created, we emphasise again that we remain committed to look for ways to normalise Russia-NATO relations. The Russia-NATO Council, which has repeatedly demonstrated its relevance, continues to play a role as an important channel of interaction and a forum for discussing current issues of European security. Clearly, it is impossible to establish the necessary political foundation for dialogue without the military component. The willingness of the alliance to take into account Russian proposals on normalising relations and to engage in substantive dialogue with our country, instead of simply formally maintaining the appearance of a dialogue, are prerequisites for resuming contacts between our militaries. If the alliance continues to ignore this fact, then ultimately, as history shows, that it will negatively affect the security of all Euro-Atlantic states.

* The above quotes from the Deputy Secretary General of NATO are an example of fake news, as they refer to it in the West. Surprisingly, the publishing house Kommersant did not find it necessary to fact-check the interview.

http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3260420

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2716352

Old April 11th, 2017 #18
Alex Him

Apropos TOLOnews item about the alleged visit by a Russian military delegation to Taliban training camps

10 April 2017 - 16:45

We regard the April 5 publication of an item titled Russians Visited Taliban Training Сenters In Waziristan on the official website of the English-language Afghan television channel as yet another lie about Russia.

The author of this item is speculating on the rumour published in the local media following a visit by a Russian military delegation led by the Deputy Chief of the Russian General Staff, Colonel General Sergey Istrakov, to Rawalpindi in Pakistan. The Russian military went there for bilateral staff consultations.

These consultations were a major element of bilateral negotiations held to develop Russian-Pakistani interaction against the threat of international terrorist groups.

Regarding the geographical aspect of this visit, we have to say that apart from holding consultations in Rawalpindi, the Russian delegation also visited Miranshah, the capital city of North Waziristan. The visit was made at the invitation of our Pakistani partners within the framework of the presentation of the results of the Pakistani Governments counterterrorist Operation Zarb-e-Azb (Strike of the Prophets Sword). The delegation did not leave the city, let alone go to any Taliban training camps in the neighbouring provinces of Afghanistan. While demonstrating the effectiveness of their counterterrorist operation, our Pakistani colleagues took the Russian military to the Miranshah districts that were liberated from the terrorists. We will let the items authors worry about the unsubstantiated claims by witnesses who allegedly saw the Russian delegation along with the Pakistani military in Taliban training camps.

In conclusion, we would like to say that Russia has a sincere interest in regional peace and stability. Therefore, we will continue to provide assistance to Pakistan to strengthen its counterterrorism capability.

http://www.tolonews.com/afghanistan/...ers-waziristan

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2724651

Old April 12th, 2017 #19
Alex Him

Anti-Russian article, The World Has Failed the Syrians, published twice by The Nation, Thailand

12 April 2017 - 11:14

We noticed the biased editorial entitled The World Has Failed the Syrians, published by The Nation, Thailand, on March 19 of this year. This notorious article is a selection of anti-Russian clichs related to the Syrian crisis.

One will recall that the situation existing in North Africa and the Middle East has been created by a Western policy aimed at toppling the legitimate authorities and staging colour revolutions. The Russian actions, on the contrary, are based on international law. The Russian Armed Forces are in Syria at the official invitation of the legitimately elected Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. The results of these actions are self-evident: the financial and economic status of ISIS (a terrorist group banned in the Russian Federation) has been undermined; the Russian Centre for Reconciliation of Opposing Sides in Syria has convinced over 1,450 Syrian populated localities to join the process of national reconciliation; Syrias important economic and cultural centres, Aleppo and Palmyra, have been cleared from terrorists.

We believe that The Nations attempt to resuscitate the anti-Russian concoctions related to the liberation of Aleppo in Syria are designed, among other things, to divert public attention from the monstrous humanitarian disaster in Mosul, Iraq, where the US-led coalition has been involved in a military operation for more than a year now. However, the world media, with rare exceptions, are hushing up this tragedy and stubbornly neglect numerous facts proving the suffering of peaceful civilians at the hands of ISIS terrorists and the US-led coalition.

Let us remark in conclusion that search engines produce a queer result for The World Has Failed the Syrians. The Nation published the article twice: on December 18, 2016, and on March 19, 2017. We would like to believe that the publication of two identical texts about Russias alleged role in defending the inhuman Assad regime is a technical slip-up rather than the intentional compliance with the formula: Repeat a lie one thousand times and it becomes the truth.

The publication of March 19, 2017

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news...orial/30309526

The publication of December 18, 2016

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news...orial/30302319

Letter to the editors by the Russian Ambassador to Thailand Kirill Barsky, March 22, 2017

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news...ditor/30309823

The source of information - http://www.mid.ru/en/nedostovernie-p...ent/id/2725116

Old April 21st, 2017 #20
GoldfingerSRB

Thanks for the thread! I really appreciate the efforts of the Russian Foreign Ministry to combat the distortions and lies, when our opponents in face of Shillary and McCain flood world media with the fake news.

Sorry for the little off-topic, but I certainly like the sense of humor in the Russian Foreign Ministry, they seems very crafty at everything. I even posted this video in SF Russia, local Zionist fools didn't understand anything, it only means freaks like Poison do not even speak Russian:

Take a note, the video was created by News Front, the informational project of South-East front, their goal is truthful news from Novorussia, Russia, Serbia, Bulgary and Moldova.

Thread