VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 15th, 2016 #1
Robert Ransdell

Default Tour de France

Anyone ever been there in person?

I have been watching it this year on TV and it seems as if it would be one of the few sporting events that take place today that would be enjoyable to attend.

Not only for the scenery and landscape but also for the long lines of fans and residents of France that line up along the roads to cheer the racers as they pass. Stage 12 went from Montpellier to Mont Ventoux and it was really awesome to see flags flying from nearly every European country along the roadside (fans set up after parking on the grass and many have large flags from their country of origin flying atop their campers or cars).

Seems like a great and unique opportunity to socialize with many different peoples of Europa.

My optimism is tempered by the thought of there being a glut of drunks and nuts mixed in with the crowd or perhaps a large part of the crowd.

There are a good number of fans who are dressed in costumes, some of them in their underwear, and they often will chase the riders, who object for safety reasons.

The current leader actually punched one of these clowns, the fan was from Columbia so encore I say.

Anyone ever attend or know anyone who has attended in years past?

- George Lincoln Rockwell concluding his speech at Brown University in 1966

Thread