Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 7th, 2018 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default Is there truth to the claim that Scots have heavily mixed with jews ?

Seriously . .

Where does this cliche hail from ?

You see , those stories are even popular with 'conspiracy theorist'-circles, such as the rumour about the Sinclair family . . .

Without being too crude , that would , read that , would explain why a lot of Scots have the reputation of being 'money-greedy' but do you think that is overestimated?

What other things are present in Scotland that people associate Scots with being stingy?

I might add . . . that cliche is often being gutted , may I say , in favour of the jews . . .

For some reason it is politically correct to paint Scots as 'money-greedy' but never jews. . . .

What do y'all think ?

Old May 7th, 2018 #2
Skinhead Zack

Thumbs up

Hi Cold,
I am "Skinheadzack" from SF's guest forums.

I am not really sure if Scots are descendants of the Jews or not, but the bagpipes are actually not of Western European origin.

When Scotland Was Jewish: Scott's Ivanhoe - DNA Consultants
Quote:
Bagpipes – musical instrument most associated in the popular imagination with Celts and Scotland – first gained popularity in Scotland at the outset of the 1500s. This was an age which continued the neglect of Celtic culture but which saw the mass expulsion of Jews and Moors from Spain due to the Spanish Inquisition. Significantly, the bagpipe originated in Mesopotamia and Greece between 700 to 400 B.C.E. Hence, it is a Middle Eastern/Central Asian musical instrument, not one indigenous to northern or western Europe.
Traditional Music in the Time of Vermeer: The Bagpipes
Quote:
The history of the bagpipe
The bagpipe, with its venerable history, is one of the oldest musical instruments of mankind. The early ancestors of the bagpipe, the ancient reed-sounded single- or double-pipe, can be traced back to ancient Egypt and Middle-East (Babylonia, Mesopotamia). The invention of a bag as the air supply was merely an addition to the existing pipes. With the early double-pipes one of the pipes probably sounded the melody and the other the accompaniment, analogous to the later bag-blown instrument.
Plus the Jews invented lox there.
Quote:
3. Inventing Lox

When Jews began immigrating to Britain in large numbers in the late 1800s, they took their traditions of smoking and brining fish as a way to preserve and imbue flavor with them. British Jews soon discovered the flavorful wild salmon native to Scotland. “The quality of the fish was outstanding,” explains Aaron Forman, great-grandson of the founder of London’s oldest smokery, who still makes lox from fine Scottish salmon today.
The Jewish immigrants called their smoked salmon “lachs” from the Yiddish word for salmon, and their invention soon spread to Jewish communities around the world – as well as to Scotland itself, where smoked salmon is now considered a national dish.
Thus the hatred for Whites, "lox-ism"? pardon me for the pun, LOL.

Joking aside, many Ashkenazi Jews look White. and some do indeed have red hair like Scots do.
Also, surprisingly, they are said to have some Finnish and Russian heritage.

DNA of the nation revealed...and we're not as 'British' as we think
Quote:
Scottish residents have the highest amount of Finnish/Northwest Russian (1.31%) heritage, which is explained by their geographic proximity.

History of the Jews in Scotland - Wikipedia

Quote:
The earliest date at which Jews arrived in Scotland is not known.
The earliest concrete historical references to Jews in Scotland are from the late 17th century.
The vast majority of Scottish Jews today are Ashkenazi who mainly settled in Edinburgh, then in Glasgow in the mid 19th century.
Most histories of Jews in Scotland deal with the subject from a British perspective, thus tending to marginalise any distinctly Scottish dimension.

We all know nature of the Jews.
So I believe their red hair actually came from the Scandinavian / Russian side, while it's possible that the Jews expulsed from Spain have been there crypto until today.
Plus many Scots have blue eyes compared to the Yids, even Ashkenazi ones, too.

As for them being "stingy", "frugal", etc. is probably because of businessmen like Andrew Carnegie.
Andrew Carnegie - Wikipedia

Scotts are White just like other British people in my opinion.

Old May 7th, 2018 #3
ColdFire
Banned

@ Zack

Yes , I recognise you . . .

Welcome here

I also find the rumour that Scots have jewish blood a bit far taken . .

In fact Scots are one of the people in Europe most aware of tradition and jews are busy destroying tradition . . . .

Concerning religion . . .

I heard that witchcraft / Druidism was the original religion of Scotland ( some people claim that 'witchcraft' is just another name for ancient Druidism . . . )

The Druids were Celtic priests . . .

I heard that it took a lot of time to christianise them . . so I think they would have had much less in for jews . . .

Old May 7th, 2018 #4
Gladiatrix

As a person of some Scottish ancestry (my surname is Scottish) I find this thread obnoxious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Smith

Old May 7th, 2018 #5
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
As a person of some Scottish ancestry (my surname is Scottish) I find this thread obnoxious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Smith
Sorry but I didn't make the rumour up . . .

Yes , I know a lot of Americans have Scottish ancestry . . .

Some cannot really track their surnames though . .

As for me, I'm a native German living in Germany . .

My surname is Kurt .

( sorry for posting this but I've been the ass-end of this song mayn times . . )

Old May 7th, 2018 #6
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
Sorry but I didn't make the rumour up . . .

Yes , I know a lot of Americans have Scottish ancestry . . .

Some cannot really track their surnames though . .

As for me, I'm a native German living in Germany . .

My surname is Kurt .

Hier kommt Kurt - Frank Zander - Das Video

( sorry for posting this but I've been the ass-end of this song mayn times . . )
I am mostly of German ancestry. Some Scottish, Swiss, English and Italian in the woodpile.

Not actually certain what all was in my paternal grandma's side, but it was European.

Old May 9th, 2018 #7
Zander

Load of shite.

Old May 9th, 2018 #8
ColdFire
Banned

Now, ease up guys . . . .

Somehow not a coincident though that two of the people who got pissed at this claim are of Scottish ancestry . . . .

But, like I said , I didn't come up with that claim . .

Somehow ironic that someone w / the name Zander replied to this thread since I've already posted that Frank Zander video here . . .

Some more by Zander . .

He also did the German intro version of 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' . . .

The original version . . .

The German ( Frank Zander ) version . . .

Most ironic , though , in the German version the show was called 'Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles' .

Old June 24th, 2018 #9
ColdFire
Banned

By the way , it is a commonly known fact that many American Southerners descend from Scots ( even to the claim that the American Southern dialect is based on a Scottish pronounciation . . . )

What seems to be true is that the Southern 'upper-class' ( the plantation owners / capitalists of the 19th century ) almost exclusively descended from Scots . . .

Another fact which could hint to this is the American Confederate flag . . .

There is a similarity bewteen it and the Scottish flag . . . .

( two askance stripes . . .)

Maybe many Southerners back then were aware of their Scottish heritage ( and proud of it . . . )

Thread