Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 3rd, 2012 #1
Dawn Cannon

Default Christian attacks worsen in Israel

ISRAEL's police have failed to make any arrests in a growing series of attacks on Christian targets.

This week, one of Jerusalem's most famous Christian sites was targeted - the latest in a series of attacks believed to be carried out by Jewish extremists.

This was the fourth attack on Christian sites this year.

"Jesus, son of a Whore Price Tag" was written in Hebrew on the Church of the Dormition on Mount Zion.

"Price tag" is a phrase used by Jewish settlers who have a policy to attack others, usually Palestinians, but more recently Christians if they do not like something the government has done.

In the past, Palestinians or mosques in the West Bank were attacked but more recently Christians inside Israel have been targeted.

Last month, "Jesus is a Monkey" was written on the Latrun monastery, near Jerusalem, and its door set on fire.

Jerusalem police spokesman Shmuelik Ben-Ruby said police were determined to find the suspects. Asked by The Australian whether it seemed strange, given the number of surveillance cameras around some of the sites, that no arrests had been made, he said: "You're right but we are determined to make arrests.

"It is difficult because the people who do these things keep them secret."

Some Christian leaders fear a rise in anti-Christian sentiment in Israel, where only 2 per cent of the population is Christian.

In February, "Death to Christians" and "We will crucify you" were painted in Hebrew on a Baptist church in Jerusalem.

In July, politician Michael Ben-Ari described the New Testament as "revolting" before he tore it up and threw it in his bin.

He said: "Millions of Jews were murdered in the name of the New Testament - this revolting book brought massacres of Jews in the Inquisition and throughout history."

A leading Catholic cleric in Israel, Franciscan priest Pierbattista Pizzaballa, said the incident was shocking. "If you as a Jew want people to respect you, you need to respect others," he said.

"There are billions of Christians for whom this book is holy."

Father Pizzaballa expressed concerns about how Christians were being treated. "When I came to the country, I was told that I should know that if I walk around with a frock in the city (Jerusalem), people would spit on me, and I shouldn't be offended, it's normal," he said.

In June, the Vatican registered concern about Israel's refusal to transfer to it sovereignty of holy sites such as the room where the Last Supper was believed to have been held.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226487662939

Old October 3rd, 2012 #2
littlefieldjohn

As the old saying goes concerning a fool and his money being ‘soon parted,’ truer words have never been spoken when it comes to Jeesus people and their all-too-willing role in thrusting upon civilized society the "Jewish state."

Old October 3rd, 2012 #3
littlefieldjohn

Default "Price of hate: Radical Israeli settlers vandalize Christian monastery"

http://rt.com/news/christian-monaste...jerusalem-510/

Tags
christians, israel, jerusalem, jesus, jews

Thread