VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 15th, 2011 #41
Bassanio
Hath not a Goy eyes?

Quote:
Simple question: Do you think white women should be sold into sex slavery to kikes?
What I think is irrelevant. I'm here to state the facts, inconvenient and hurtful as they may be. Women are property. Women are spoils. Kikes defeated and enslaved their enemies. Therefore kikes can take whatever they want from their slaves, including their women.

Old December 15th, 2011 #42
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post
Many Christians, as well as most in Congress are gum smacking retards.
Oh really. I highly doubt you could beat a single white congressman on an IQ test.

They're not dumb, you're dumb. They're sellouts. They know exactly what they're doing, they don't care. It advances their careers and those, not the country, are what they care about.

Quote:
I had to explain to my Congressman on the Congressional Intelligence committee why having the son of a Jewish terrorist as White House Chief of Staff and the great grandson of Trotsky as an adviser might not be a real good idea. Intellijunce enh?
Yeah, they're experts in making little people like you, ie fools, think they're teaching them something. That's kind of the basic charade and sham that makes a democracy. You know what they actually think of you? That you're an idiot.

Old December 15th, 2011 #43
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
I take great offense at that remark. My family has lived in the South since they first landed on the coast of Virginia in the 1600's. All of my ancestors came to this country well before the Revolutionary War and they all chose to make their homes South of the Mason-Dixon line. My paternal great-great-great-great grandfather served no less than five terms of service in the Revolutionary War between 1777 and 1784, attaining the rank of first lieutenant, and he is buried right here in Alabama where he made his home and later died in 1841 at the age of 85. My paternal great-great-great grandfather fought in the War of 1812, and he too is buried here in Alabama, as are eight of my other ancestors who all fought for the Confederacy during the Civil War.

My heritage is typical of many White Southerners who live in Alabama. We are descendants of the old colonial gentry, born of Scots-Irish and British descent - not like the riff-raff Yankee rabble whose ancestors came over from places like Italy, Germany and Poland in the mid 19th and early 20th centuries, after we had already made and established a prosperous nation out of America.

Don't talk to me about Southerners being niggers with the paint scraped off. People like yourself are more like a nigger with a coat of whitewash.
Go visit Italy and Germany and compare what you see with the American South, and you try to figure out which is civilized and which is a bunch of illiterate Cooters ridin' around muddin' on their ATVs.

Old December 15th, 2011 #44
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
Are you drunk or just mean-reverting, intra-lifetime, to the tragically real 'stereotype' of the self-assured midwestern jackass?
I like fucking with people, and I think this approach tends to get the most out of everybody. It is funny you imagine I'm berating the South to raise the Midwest. I see very little difference between the South and the part of the Midwest I live in. You can take my South criticisms and apply them to pretty much all rural America. I think the South is dead and never will rise again. Perhaps at one point it did truly exist, and had a genuine culture, but it doesn't today and won't tomorrow. We should prepare for battles to come not battles dead and mostly irrelevant. I agree with what the jew prof wrote about Iowa - not because I don't like Iowa but because I know for a fact, whether that article was real or spoof, it is 90% accurate. And it goes for my area too. But I don't consider myself a midwesterner at all, beyond the extent of physically living there. I don't share the christian mentality, the anti-intellectualism or down-to-earthism that are the starting and ending points of midwestern 'culture.'

Last edited by Alex Linder; December 15th, 2011 at 10:04 PM.

Old December 15th, 2011 #45
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
I take great offense at that remark. My family has lived in the South since they first landed on the coast of Virginia in the 1600's. All of my ancestors came to this country well before the Revolutionary War and they all chose to make their homes South of the Mason-Dixon line. My paternal great-great-great-great grandfather served no less than five terms of service in the Revolutionary War between 1777 and 1784, attaining the rank of first lieutenant, and he is buried right here in Alabama where he made his home and later died in 1841 at the age of 85. My paternal great-great-great grandfather fought in the War of 1812, and he too is buried here in Alabama, as are eight of my other ancestors who all fought for the Confederacy during the Civil War.

My heritage is typical of many White Southerners who live in Alabama. We are descendants of the old colonial gentry, born of Scots-Irish and British descent - not like the riff-raff Yankee rabble whose ancestors came over from places like Italy, Germany and Poland in the mid 19th and early 20th centuries, after we had already made and established a prosperous nation out of America.

Don't talk to me about Southerners being niggers with the paint scraped off. People like yourself are more like a nigger with a coat of whitewash.
Such august pedigree you all have, makes you wonder why the South is all about muddin' and football.

See, when I say many Southerners are dumb, what I mean is, they do things like diss Germany, then turn around and cite Mercedes' hiring Cooter to screw on a hubcap as proof of the high and mighty civilization to be found in Alabammy.

Old December 15th, 2011 #46
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Hetzenauer View Post
A very wise man -- his name I cannot recall at the moment -- once said that when one man suffers from a delusion it's called insanity; when many people suffer from the same delusion it's called religion. It fits the belief in an all-powerful "I'm gonna get your ass!" god to an f'in T...
That is a good one, and accurate. Similiar to the quote I like from Vonnegut about smoking being a socially acceptable form of suicide. Of course he said that back in the 70s, I think, right before it became socially unacceptable. But yes, the sheer numbers of flocking christies prevents normal men from accepting that their "thing" is a sick delusion. No man is entirely free from social pressure, as we are all forced to live with and adapt to other people, and that means getting along with them. To get along we need some kind of LCD, some kind of consensus. Somehow the jesus cult became part of that consensus, and now we are reaping the unhappy but inevitable result. There will be lots of pain involved in switching to something saner and Whiter.

Old December 15th, 2011 #47
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
And if you happen to drive a Mercedes-Benz, chances are it may have been built right here in Alabama at their state of the art production facility, near Tuscaloosa, in Vance, Alabama:
Why is Mercedes in Alabama? If it's for any other reason than the engineering genius of local 'bammies, then you have no point. But of course even you proud Alabamans will admit the mft is in your state for three reasons:

1) federal laws impose a penalty so high as to make it cost-sensible to produce or assemble the Mercs inside the US rather than in home plants
2) Alabama has, for whatever reason, comparatively lower wage costs, or business-conducive environment
3) the state or location offered exceptionally powerful tax incentives for Mercedes to locate in that particular locale.

To rehit the space oddity, you don't seem to grasp that the US space program was based on stolen German know-how in the form of technology, designs and literal men. Von Braun is the reason the museum is in Alabama, and the good weather is the reason most NASA stuff is in the South instead of somewhere else. The only fecund intellectual grounds in the South that I know of are the so-called Golden Triangle in North Carolina, and that is mostly a matter of Northern brains moving south rather than native brains.

Last edited by Alex Linder; December 15th, 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Old December 15th, 2011 #48
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Go visit Italy and Germany and compare what you see with the American South, and you try to figure out which is civilized and which is a bunch of illiterate Cooters ridin' around muddin' on their ATVs.
A specific example. I studied abroad in Germany. I got to know a German girl. She showed me a paper. It was a 15-20 page essay on Mark Twain's "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court." I doubt in any given year you could find five high schoolers in Alabama who could produce a like quality work in English.

Old December 15th, 2011 #49
Horseman

What exactly is a universalist?

Old December 15th, 2011 #50
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
What exactly is a universalist?
Universal - across the universe. One size fits all.

Christianity is a universal religion because every man needs it, whether that man is an eskimo on an ice floe or a pygmy in the Congo or an Iowa famer amid his soybeans. As opposed to a tribal god who belongs to only one people, as yahweh was the tribal god of the jews.

Just as christ-insanity advocates spiritual universality - we are all equal in the eyes of the lord, we all need to be saved, there is one route to salvation for all men in all places at all times - jesus, democracy is the political equivalent: one man one vote, even if that man is a woman, or a queer or a jew or a 50-iq nigger living in Equatorial Guinea, they all get one vote, and their votes are equally important.

Universalism is a concept that staggers a certain type of mind with its coolness.

Woah, man, everyone should have a democracy. We're all equal, man.

Universalism is the oppose of mature masculine reflection, which sees the problems the doctrine will inevitably produce, the distinctions it is overlooking. It's not blinded by the coolness of the exterior, it sees the rottenness within.

Some things truly are universal, and valid in their universality - match and science, for example. They apply to all men at all times, and truly. Math works for all people in all times and places whereas other bogus universalisms do not.

Old December 15th, 2011 #51
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
A specific example. I studied abroad in Germany. I got to know a German girl. She showed me a paper. It was a 15-20 page essay on Mark Twain's "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court." I doubt in any given year you could find five high schoolers in Alabama who could produce a like quality work in English.

Fuck you, too, Alex. You're just being mean now.

Old December 15th, 2011 #52
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Why is Mercedes in Alabama?
I imagine Mercedes built their plant in Alabama for the same reasons that Honda, Toyota and Hyundai have built their factories here, and Audi is considering Alabama as a possible site for a plant that it wants to build in the U.S. in the next three years.

Quote:
If it's for any other reason than the engineering genius of local 'bammies, then you have no point. But of course even you proud Alabamans will admit the mft is in your state for three reasons:
1) federal laws impose a penalty so high as to make it cost-sensible to produce or assemble the Mercs inside the US rather than in home plants
2) Alabama has, for whatever reason, comparatively lower wager costs, or business-conducive environment
3) the state or location offered exceptionally powerful tax incentives for Mercedes to locate in that particular locale.
You're probably correct in regard to the above; after all, what do us Alabama goobers know about them thar awteymobiles

Old December 15th, 2011 #53
John Tyler
Banned

you will notice that at the end of any sermon they always bring up "Planting a seed," or "Paying your tithes" code name for give me your money. I always like the adds on tv where they go to some place in Africa and pass out bowls of oatmeal to niggers trying to extract sympathy money from you and you know right after the filming they grab back their plastic bowls and get the hell out of there. You have to admit it is a really good business.

Old December 15th, 2011 #54
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
I hate to hold up a couple of liberals like Harper Lee and Truman Capote as examples of Alabama's literary talent, but you may have heard of them before.

Old December 15th, 2011 #55
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Such august pedigree you all have, makes you wonder why the South is all about muddin' and football.

See, when I say many Southerners are dumb, what I mean is, they do things like diss Germany, then turn around and cite Mercedes' hiring Cooter to screw on a hubcap as proof of the high and mighty civilization to be found in Alabammy.
I'm not dissing the Germans, Linder; but around here they are considered to be something of Johnny-come-latelys. We have a county next door to the one I reside in called Cullman, which was founded by German immigrants after the Civil War. Next to Winston County, it is the Whitest county in Alabama. They used to have a sign next to the courthouse there with a hooded Klansman pointing his finger that read "Nigger, don't let the sun set on you in Cullman County."

Old December 15th, 2011 #56
Horseman

Quote:
Universal - across the universe. One size fits all.

Christianity is a universal religion because every man needs it, whether that man is an eskimo on an ice floe or a pygmy in the Congo or an Iowa famer amid his soybeans. As opposed to a tribal god who belongs to only one people, as yahweh was the tribal god of the jews.

Just as christ-insanity advocates spiritual universality - we are all equal in the eyes of the lord, we all need to be saved, there is one route to salvation for all men in all places at all times - jesus, democracy is the political equivalent: one man one vote, even if that man is a woman, or a queer or a jew or a 50-iq nigger living in Equatorial Guinea, they all get one vote, and their votes are equally important.

Universalism is a concept that staggers a certain type of mind with its coolness.

Woah, man, everyone should have a democracy. We're all equal, man.

Universalism is the oppose of mature masculine reflection, which sees the problems the doctrine will inevitably produce, the distinctions it is overlooking. It's not blinded by the coolness of the exterior, it sees the rottenness within.

Some things truly are universal, and valid in their universality - match and science, for example. They apply to all men at all times, and truly. Math works for all people in all times and places whereas other bogus universalisms do not.
I see no problem with the belief in a single universal higher power, but one that probably doesn't like nigs or kikes except in rare cases. On the other hand, recently I've been starting to think that belief in god does lead to various inevitable insanities. For example, accepting harm to one's self or family by saying "It's meant to be," rather than trying to do something about it.

Last edited by Horseman; December 15th, 2011 at 08:57 PM.

Old December 15th, 2011 #57
Armstrong
Banned

Quote:
Oh really. I highly doubt you could beat a single white congressman on an IQ test.

They're not dumb, you're dumb. They're sellouts. They know exactly what they're doing, they don't care. It advances their careers and those, not the country, are what they care about.

Yeah, they're experts in making little people like you, ie fools, think they're teaching them something. That's kind of the basic charade and sham that makes a democracy. You know what they actually think of you? That you're an idiot.

Like you said, Alex, you like fucking with people.....nothing new in that revelation.

Both Emanuel and Axelrod were gone within a couple of months of that discussion. Not that the discussion had anything to do with it, of course.

I didn't say the Congressmen were stupid, or lacked intelligence, I said they were retards. Like you're an addict, addicted to his hatred of Christ.....they're retarded in their world view and their greed. They have not achieved what they really could be doing for America.

I'm well aware of what my Congressman thinks....about me and about many other topics.

Old December 15th, 2011 #58
Walter E. Kurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassanio View Post
Wrong. We now live in a time where white men are dickless, nigger-worshipping queers who can't even control their own women, let alone the niggers and kikes surrounding them.

Rigorous, animalistic sex is the essence of a healthy man's life. Christinsanity gave birth to romanticism and all that debilitating "oh sweet, tender, innocent maiden" BS.

Women were always treated as PROPERTY & SPOILS in antiquity. Because that's what they were, are and will always be. To this very day. Today's women aren't "liberated". They're the property of the governments and corporations (i.e. the judenbankers), toiling away 40-60 hours a week like good slaves and then spending all their worthless scrips on 10,000% marked up jew warez at the "company store" and 10'x10' cages called "apartments".
Fucking nailed it!

As regards the disease known as "Christ-initis", I laugh whenever I hear an xtian calling voodoo a "supertstition".

Another thought: As I understand it, some countries, such as Germany, subsidize their churches. This tells me that religion can be useful for state governance. Or, as Napoleon said: "Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich".

Last edited by Walter E. Kurtz; December 15th, 2011 at 09:14 PM.

Old December 15th, 2011 #59
Rick Ronsavelle

“When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Old December 15th, 2011 #60
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
To rehit the space oddity, you don't seem to grasp that the US space program was based on stolen German know-how in the form of technology, designs and literal men. Von Braun is the reason the museum is in Alabama, and the good weather is the reason most NASA stuff is in the South instead of somewhere else. The only fecund intellectual grounds in the South that I know of are the so-called Golden Triangle in North Carolina, and that is mostly a matter of Northern brains moving south rather than native brains.
We're more than a little familiar with old Werner down here in Dixie, and yes, the Nazi's did help a great deal in getting America's space program off the ground.

As for why NASA chose to locate their facility at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, I doubt it was the weather; we get about 56" of rainfall annually around here. I did come across the following information on the old Jewpedia:

Quote:
The George C. Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) is the U.S. government's civilian rocketry and spacecraft propulsion research center. The largest center of NASA, MSFC's first mission was developing the Saturn launch vehicles for the Apollo moon program. Marshall is today the agency's lead center for Space Shuttle propulsion and its external tank; payloads and related crew training; International Space Station (ISS) design and assembly; and computers, networks, and information management. Located on the Redstone Arsenal near Huntsville, Alabama, MSFC is named in honor of General of the Army George Marshall.

The center also contains the Huntsville Operations Support Center (HOSC), a facility that supports Space Shuttle launch, payload and experiment activities at the Kennedy Space Center, ISS launch and experiment operations. The HOSC also monitors rocket launches from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station when a Marshall Center payload is on board.

During World War II, the production and storage of ordnance shells was conducted by three arsenals nearby to Huntsville, Alabama. After the war, these were mainly closed, and the three areas were combined to form Redstone Arsenal. In October 1948, the Chief of Ordnance designated Redstone Arsenal as the center of research and development activities in free-flight rockets and related items, and the following June, the Ordnance Rocket Center was opened. A year later, the Secretary of the Army approved the transfer of the rocket research and development activities from Fort Bliss to the new center at Redstone Arsenal. Beginning in April 1950, about 1,000 persons were involved in the transfer, including von Braun's group. At this time, R&D responsibility for guided missiles was added, and studies began on a medium-range guided missile that eventually became the Redstone rocket.

Over the next decade, the missile development on Redstone Arsenal greatly expanded. Many small free-flight and guided rockets were developed, and work on the Redstone rocket got underway. Although this rocket was primarily intended for military purposes, von Braun kept space firmly in his mind, and published a widely read article on this subject.[2] In mid-1952, the Germans who had initially worked under individual contracts were converted to Civil Service employees, and in 1954-55, most became U.S. citizens. Von Braun was appointed Chief of the Guided Missile Development Division.[3]

In September 1954, von Braun, proposed using the Redstone rocket as the main booster of a multi-stage rocket for launching artificial satellites. A year later, a study for Project Orbiter was completed, detailing plans and schedules for a series of scientific satellites. The Army's official role in the U.S. space satellite program was delayed, however, after higher authorities elected to use the Vanguard rocket then being developed by the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL).

In February 1956, the Army Ballistic Missile Agency (ABMA) was established; von Braun was the director of the Development Operations Division. One of the primary programs was a 1,500-mile (2,400 km), single-stage missile that was started the previous year; intended for both the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy, this was designated the PGM-19 Jupiter. It was first launched in August 1956, and was eventually taken over by the U.S. Air Force. In this same time period, the ABMA developed the Jupiter C sounding rocket, composed of a Redstone rocket first stage and two upper stages. This was first flown in September 1956, traveling 3,355 miles (5,399 km) and attaining an altitude of 682 miles (1,098 km). The Jupiter C capability was such that it could have placed a fourth stage into orbit, but that mission had been assigned to the NRL.[4]

The Soviet Union launched Sputnik 1, the first man-made earth satellite, on October 4, 1957. This was followed on November 3 with the second satellite, Sputnik 2. The United States attempted a satellite launch on December 6, using the NRL's Vanguard rocket, but it barely struggled off the ground, then fell back and exploded. On January 31, 1958, after finally receiving permission to proceed, von Braun and the ABMA pace evelopment team used a Jupiter C in a Juno I configuration (addition of a fourth stage) to successfully place Explorer 1, the first American satellite, into orbit around the earth.

Effective at the end of March 1958, the U.S. Army Ordnance Missile Command (AOMC), was established at Redstone Arsenal. This encompassed the ABMA and its newly operational space programs. In August, AOMC and Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA, a Department of Defense organization) jointly initiated a program managed by ABMA to develop a large space booster of approximately 1.5-million-pounds.thrust using a cluster of available rocket engines. In early 1959, this vehicle was designated Saturn.

On April 2, President Dwight D. Eisenhower recommended to Congress that a civilian agency be established to direct nonmilitary space activities, and on July 29, the President signed the National Aeronautics and Space Act, creating the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). The nucleus for forming NASA was the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA), with its 7,500 employees and Ames Research Center (ARC), Langley Research Center (LaRC), and Lewis Flight Propulsion Laboratory (later LRC, then Glenn RC) becoming the initial operations of NASA.

Although there was then an official space agency, the Army continued with certain far-reaching space programs. In June 1959, a secret study on Project Horizon was completed by ABMA, detailing plans for using the Saturn booster in establishing a manned Army outpost on the moon. Project Horizon, however, was rejected, and the Saturn program was transferred to NASA

The U.S. manned satellite space program, using the Redstone as a booster, was officially named Project Mercury on November 26, 1958. With a future goal of manned flight, monkeys Able and Baker were the first living creatures recovered from outer space on May 28, 1959. They had been carried in the nose cone on a Jupiter missile to an altitude of 300 miles (480 km) and a distance of 1,500 miles (2,400 km), successfully withstanding 38 times the normal pull of gravity. Their survival during speeds over 10,000 miles per hour was America's first biological step toward putting a man into space.

On October 21, 1959, President Eisenhower approved the transfer of all Army space-related activities to NASA. This was accomplished effective July 1, 1960, when 4,670 civilian employees, about $100 million worth of buildings and equipment, and 1,840 acres (7.4 km2) of land transferred from AOMC/ABMA to NASA's George C. Marshall Space Flight Center. MSFC officially opened at Redstone Arsenal on this same date, then was dedicated on September 8 by President Eisenhower in person. The Center was named in honor of General of the Army George C. Marshall, Army Chief of Staff during World War II, United States Secretary of State, and Nobel Prize winner for his world-renowned Marshall Plan.

MSFC is NASA's designated developer and integrator of launch systems. The state-of-the-art Propulsion Research Laboratory serves as a leading national resource for advanced space propulsion research. Marshall has the engineering capabilities to take space vehicles from initial concept to sustained service. For manufacturing, the world's largest-known welding machine of its type was installed at MSFC in 2008; it is capable of building major, defect-free components for manned-rated space vehicles.

In early March 2011, NASA Headquarters announced that MSFC will lead the efforts on a new heavy-lift rocket that, like the Saturn V of the lunar exploration program of the late 1960s, will carry large, man-rated payloads beyond low-Earth orbit. The Center will have the program office for what is being called the Space Launch System (SLS).[6]

Before it was cancelled by President Barack Obama in early 2010, the Constellation Program had been a major activity in NASA since 2004. In this program, MSFC was responsible for propulsion on the heavy-lift vehicles. These vehicles were designated Ares I and Ares V, and would replace the aging Space Shuttle fleet as well as transport humans to the Moon, Mars, and other deep-space destinations.[7]

Starting in 2006, the MSFC Exploration Launch Projects Office began work on the Ares projects. On October 28, 2009, an Ares I-X test rocket lifted off from the newly modified Launch Complex 39B at Kennedy Space Center (KSC) for a two-minute powered flight; then continued for four additional minutes traveling 150 miles (240 km) down range.

MSFC had responsibility for the Space Shuttle's propulsion engines. On February 1, 2003, the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster occurred, with the orbiter disintegrating during reentry and resulting in the death of its seven crew members. Flights of the other Shuttles were put on hold for 29 months. Based on a seven-month investigation, including a ground search that recovered debris from about 38 percent of the Orbiter, together with telemetry data and launch films, indicated that the failure was caused by a piece of insulation that broke off the external tank during launch and damaged the thermal protection on the Orbiter's left wing.

MSFC was responsible for the external tank, but few or no changes to the tank were made; rather, NASA decided that it was inevitable that some insulation might be lost during launch and thus required that an inspection of the orbiter's critical elements be made prior to reentry on future flights.

NASA retired the Space Shuttle in 2011, leaving America dependent upon the Russian Soyuz spacecraft for manned space missions.

The initial plans for the Space Station envisaged a small, low-cost Crew Return Vehicle (CRV) that would provide emergency evacuation capability. The 1986 Challenger disaster led planners to consider a more capable spacecraft. The Orbital Space Plane (OSP) development got underway in 2001, with a early version expected to enter service by 2010. With the initiation of the Constellation program in 2004, the knowledge gained on the OSP was transferred to Johnson Space Center (JSC) for use in the development of the Crew Exploration Vehicle. No operational OSP was ever built.[8]

The International Space Station is a partnership of the United States, Russian, European, Japanese, and Canadian Space Agencies. The station has continuously had human occupants since November 2, 2000. Orbiting 16 times daily at an average altitude of about 250 mi (400 km), it passes over some 90 percent of the world's surface. It weighs over 800,000 lb (350,000 kg), and a crew of six conducts research and prepares the way for future explorations.

NASA began the plan to build a space station in 1984. The station was named Freedom in 1988, and changed to the International Space Station (ISS) in 1992.. The ISS is composed in modules, and the assembly in orbit started with the delivery of Russian module Zarya in November 1998. This was followed in December by the first U.S. module, Unity also called Node 1, built by Boeing in facilities at MSFC.[9]

As the 21st century started, Space Shuttle flights carried up supplies and additional small equipment, including a portion of the solar power array. The two-module embryonic ISS remained unmanned until the next module, Destiny, the U.S. Laboratory, arrived on February 7, 2001; this module was also built by Boeing at MSFC. The three-module station allowed a minimum crew of two astronauts or cosmonauts to be on the ISS permanently. In July, Quest air-lock was added to Unity, providing the capability for extra-vehicular activity (EVA).

Since 1998, 18 major U.S. components on the ISS have been assembled in space. In October 2007, Harmony or Node 2, was attached to Destiny; also managed by MSFC, this gave connection hubs for European and Japanese modules as well as additional living space, allowing the ISS crew to increase to six. The 18th and final major U.S. and Boeing-built element, the Starboard 6 Truss Segment, was delivered to the ISS in February 2009. With this, the full set of solar arrays could be activated, increasing the power available for science projects to 30 kW. That marked the completion of the U.S. "core" of the station,

In March 2010, Boeing officially turned over to NASA the U.S. on-orbit segment of the ISS. It is planned that the International Space Station will be operated at least through the end of 2020. With the retirement of the Space Shuttle fleet in 2011, future manned missions to the ISS will depend upon the Russian Soyuz spacecraft for the immediate future.

Thread