Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 28th, 2005 #21
brutus

I made a mistake posting a picture of that over-developed fellow. This thread has turned into a joke.

I really wanted this thread to be dedicated to the serious need for White men to get themselves in shape.

It’s not only mentally but physically as well that the jew is ripping us apart. We must give our brains the strongest platform from which to operate. The average young White man today is soft and weak. The benefits of a fit and strong body are many and can’t be over-estimated. When I was young and single the girls liked the way I looked, and I looked good because of body building...........it was a great ego trip having beautiful girls admire my physique. Must be kind of like how the niggers feel today, with the way the young White girls swoon over them. I had my share and so can you. With a powerful well-built body and the right amount of sensitivity, one can be a god among the ladies. Don’t you think a girl wants a great body to touch, also?

I was going to try to list the ways that the jew has hurt us physically, but my mind was stopped, kind of like gridlock, because the more I thought about it, the more there was to write and I could probably fill three pages. I decided against it. Most of us know anyway.

Instead, I will simply restate, that Dave Draper’s website is a most valuable resource and it is produced by someone who I personally endorse. He is a great guy and he or his wife will answer questions directly with wisdom from a life dedicated to building sound bodies that stand the test of time.

http://www.davedraper.com/index.html

Old June 29th, 2005 #22
Derrick Beukeboom

Default Manual labor does not train your body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kievsky
I've been getting a lot of exercise myself lately. Way too much manual labor, and not nearly enough yoga.

If manual laborers were forced to do yoga 3x a week, there would be far fewer workers compensation claims.

When I finally get a chance to do yoga after a week of thorwing around cordwood, my joints crack like crazy. I can feel the blood rushing into the abused muscles, the strained tendons let go.

Keep this in mind, folks. If you find yourself in 19th century Dickensian conditions, doing 10 hours of manual labor a day and wrecking your body, remember my words. If you do yoga a few times a week, you'll save yourself.

Rob
I think there may be a psychological aspect to training. No matter if it is weight lifting, yoga, cardio, etc.
Your mind is consciously aware that you are training your body and thus, helps compensate your tissues, joints and cells to grow stronger and/or more flexible.
Moreover, I'd say there is a spurious relation to training and overall better health. People involved in physical exercise tend to have an overall more healthy lifestyle, better nutrition..that sort of thing.
Plus, one of the greatest joys of training is the discipline and goal setting that you do for yourself. It's all part of the healthy lifestyle.

I read on here a long time ago about people doing something like 100 pushups every hour for 10 hours or things of this nature.
I would want to try this sometime in the fall so I am kind of training myself for this personal quest.

Manual labor usually involves complex movements that the body may not be ready for.
I have not tried Yoga yet, but enjoy weights and lifting.
I notice without adequate nutrition, all the training is almost useless for me so I have really hunkered down in writing down my daily meals and overall diet.

I have practically eliminated unnatural foods from my diet, don't drink alcohol or soda, and eat lots of protein....things are going well in my training.

Let's start a thread asking what is your all time favorite/most hated exercise movement?

Old June 29th, 2005 #23
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
You'd be much better off doing body weight exercise at home, better yet get Pavel's Naked Warrior for $40 and you may never go back to weights again. Just ask Doc A / Jesus Freak.
Or you could just ask me. I've built all the way up to doing one-arm, one-leg pushups. I've had people ask me if I lift weights, and I tell them no I just do bodyweight exercises. I've yet to personally meet anyone other than myself who can do a one-arm pushup or one-legged squat.

Old June 29th, 2005 #24
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus
I made a mistake posting a picture of that over-developed fellow. This thread has turned into a joke.

I really wanted this thread to be dedicated to the serious need for White men to get themselves in shape.

It’s not only mentally but physically as well that the jew is ripping us apart. We must give our brains the strongest platform from which to operate. The average young White man today is soft and weak. The benefits of a fit and strong body are many and can’t be over-estimated. When I was young and single the girls liked the way I looked, and I looked good because of body building...........it was a great ego trip having beautiful girls admire my physique. Must be kind of like how the niggers feel today, with the way the young White girls swoon over them. I had my share and so can you. With a powerful well-built body and the right amount of sensitivity, one can be a god among the ladies. Don’t you think a girl wants a great body to touch, also?

I was going to try to list the ways that the jew has hurt us physically, but my mind was stopped, kind of like gridlock, because the more I thought about it, the more there was to write and I could probably fill three pages. I decided against it. Most of us know anyway.

Instead, I will simply restate, that Dave Draper’s website is a most valuable resource and it is produced by someone who I personally endorse. He is a great guy and he or his wife will answer questions directly with wisdom from a life dedicated to building sound bodies that stand the test of time.

http://www.davedraper.com/index.html
The site was very helpful to me Brutus.

I was always a basketball athlete, so I am skinny as hell. Took a few tips off the weight gain section, and I've gained 5 pounds in a week. Probably mostly fat, but I need it anyhow. I'm shooting to put on 30 pounds total by the end of summer.

Old June 29th, 2005 #25
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
What asanas do you do? Do you follow a routine or mix it up? My wife said she had to limit her yoga because it released so many toxins it made her feel lethargic and lousy for a day or so afterward. That's how I felt after the acupuncturist rubbed the back of my neck and upper back for fifteen minutes with a jar lid: Chinese folk remedy. The kwan authorites noticed Vietnamese kids had bruises on their upper backs and necks and started screaming "abuse" when it was this treatment. You're supposed to do it when you feel a cold coming on, the Chinese say that's where the wind enters the body.
Can you recommend a good Yoga site? Or maybe a few stretching exercises? Iv'e always had a bit of a problem with flexibility and once I got past age 40 it has gotten worse. The strength and stamina is still there but lately when I roll out of bed in the morning I'm stiff as a board(no pun intended).

Also, some knee and shoulder injuries in high school and college are starting to cause me a bit more pain. Can Yoga help? I don't know anything about it but I am willing to try anything short of pain killers.(the little gook kid, Anima, is probably chuckling to himself over this).

I went to the health food store a while back and the large breasted female who worked there sold me a concoction of Glucosamine/Chondroitin plus MSN. It really helped out! I don't know if it is the placebo effect or if the stuff really works but my joints feel 100 times better!

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Steve B; June 29th, 2005 at 05:07 AM.

Old June 29th, 2005 #26
brutus

RE: Moose

I’m glad to hear that you’ve been helped from info from Dave’s website.

I would encourage you to subscribe to his free newsletter. Many guys don’t want to go to a gym, they prefer to buy some equipment and workout at home, as I do. And it’s hard to stay motivated alone. Dave has a way of writing that is dynamic, simple and forthright and he makes it easy to stay focused. I’ve resumed a modest workout routine because of Dave’s advice and I’ve been at it for six months and I feel terrific.

We’ve known Dave Draper for many years. We knew him before his amazing rise to fame and we wondered where he had gone for many years when we lost touch with him. It was thirty years later that we learned of his humbling times when he hit bottom. This man literally picked himself up from the gutter and put himself right back on top. His story is an inspiration. And when he speaks, his words are those of a very wise man who deeply appreciates the difficulties that life can heap upon anyone. He has a way of lifting spirits and energizing with a can-do attitude that is utterly honest and sincere without a tinge of bullshit. I cannot give him enough praise other than to tell others to listen to him.

Old June 29th, 2005 #27
Kievsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
Can you recommend a good Yoga site? Or maybe a few stretching exercises? Iv'e always had a bit of a problem with flexibility and once I got past age 40 it has gotten worse. The strength and stamina is still there but lately when I roll out of bed in the morning I'm stiff as a board(no pun intended).

Also, some knee and shoulder injuries in high school and college are starting to cause me a bit more pain. Can Yoga help? I don't know anything about it but I am willing to try anything short of pain killers.(the little gook kid, Anima, is probably chuckling to himself over this).

I went to the health food store a while back and the large breasted female who worked there sold me a concoction of Glucosamine/Chondroitin plus MSN. It really helped out! I don't know if it is the placebo effect or if the stuff really works but my joints feel 100 times better!

Go to Amazon and get a video either from the Kripalu center (which is a gentler style, but very thorough) or Iyengar. If you are the athletic type, get Bryan Kest or Barone Baptiste. I leanred it mostly from videos, but I did take some Iyengar classes and they were very valuable.

If I could, I would study Iyengar yoga. it focuses on perfect form of the asanas. once you learn the asanas (poses) you can just make up your own routine. If you are out of shape, do a lot of standing poses, and try to hold them for 1 minute, maybe 90 seconds, even 2 minutes at a time. It takes between 90 seconds to 2 minutes for a stretch to really work through your muscles and joints. Also, breathe deeply while in t he pose.

Rob

Old June 29th, 2005 #28
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Beukeboom
..........are going well in my training.

Let's start a thread asking what is your all time favorite/most hated exercise movement?
favorite exercise; that would be sex.

least favorite: windsprints at the end of high school football practice.

Old June 29th, 2005 #29
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B

I used to feed that shit to my dog before he went down the tubes. Go back there and exchange it for some "horny goat weed." Tell that chick you got a pecker problem. You get laid so much you're bored with it now. Maybe she will give you some "hands on therapy."

Old June 29th, 2005 #30
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
You know your stuff, I was hoping you'd show up. Would you please tell the nice people how you went from huge and muscular with weights to trimmer, stronger and healthier with pistol squats, etc.?

I can do a couple of one arm push ups, maybe a few. I'm working on going all the way down on the pistol squat. On a good day I break parallel. I find them easier with a weight to counterbalance.
Body tension and breathing is very important for doing both the one-arm pushups and pistol squats.

When you get in position to do the pistol squat, exhale on the way down, then inhale, hold, and make your entire body tense as you go back up. Same with the one arm pushup. Pavel does a lot better at describing the technique than I do. Make tight fists for the way up on the pistol squat, it'll increase your body tension.

It helps to elevate your hands when doing the one-arm pushup from the beginning on a bench or a box, and do the same with the pistol squat, squat onto a bench or box and get back up on one leg.

Do sets of 5, 2-4 times a day. I do fine with twice a day myself. Feel free to take the weekends off, or at least Sunday. Pavel recommends that you try to find the max reps you can do at a time perhaps once a month at the beginning and then once every three months when you get good at it. I don't do this anymore because when I do, my body is so tired and sore for the rest of the day.

Hope this helps.

Old June 29th, 2005 #31
Georgie

As for getting in shape I have just recently (and finally) started riding my bicycle to school and to the library. Not only will it be healthy for me but much better for the environment and saves all the hassles of dealing with traffic, accidents, gas prices etc.

Its going to take me a few months to really get used to it after years of riding everywhere on the public bus but it will definately be worth it in the end. Pretty much ruins my chances with girls I guess since having a car is a big thing but I dont really care.

Old June 29th, 2005 #32
Imperivm_Evropa

Dude Dave Draper is awesome, hes pretty old and is still giving it his all.

http://www.davedraper.com RULES! I got some good advice from his site on proper nutrition and lifting etc.

Old June 29th, 2005 #33
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie
As for getting in shape I have just recently (and finally) started riding my bicycle to school and to the library. Not only will it be healthy for me but much better for the environment and saves all the hassles of dealing with traffic, accidents, gas prices etc.

Its going to take me a few months to really get used to it after years of riding everywhere on the public bus but it will definately be worth it in the end. Pretty much ruins my chances with girls I guess since having a car is a big thing but I dont really care.
I rode my bicycle to work and back for a good nine months straight a couple years ago. It's a 3 mile ride there and another 3 coming back. I rode in below zero weather a couple times and once I rode with 6 inches of freshly fallen snow on the ground on the way home before the streets got plowed.

Don't be so sure about it ruining your chances with women. You might be able to find a girl who enjoys bike riding. Don't hold your breath waiting, though.

Old June 30th, 2005 #34
Derrick Beukeboom

Default Pistol squats

Is it incorrect to bend your knee on the way down instead of keeping it more or less straight ahead of you (when I bend my knee, my lower leg is behind me)...looks almost like a ballet movement of some kind.
I've been incorporating this sort of one legged squat in my exercise program for a couple of weeks now....very challenging...I've tried the pistol squat the normal way but can not balance or do a below parallel rep without falling on my ass...

advice appreciated.

About one arm pushups: I've been told that you are only asking to tear up your shoulders doing them.
I still enjoy weights though. I like the sound of the iron clanging around.

Bike riding is great, just beware of the many idiot drivers out there.

Old June 30th, 2005 #35
Subrosa
Banned

When I was a poor boy in Sacramento I used to ride my bike 20 miles a day minimum, between school and my two part time jobs. I never wore a helmet either, just my Robert Plant-like mane flowing in the breeze. I wouldn't do that now though.

If you are on flat land, a "racer", the ones with the thin wheels and turned down handles are best. DO NOT get a mountain bike for city riding. Carry a patch kit and a pump and you'll never get stuck. If you go to a gym, riding your bike is an excellent way to warm up before working out.

As far as the ladies went, I worked at a bar so I never had a problem, I'd just play the poor student angle and they were happy to give me a lift. Sheer Terror is right, the older women really were the hottest. Just leave my bike in the Stockroom and away I'd go

Old June 30th, 2005 #36
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Beukeboom
Is it incorrect to bend your knee on the way down instead of keeping it more or less straight ahead of you (when I bend my knee, my lower leg is behind me)...looks almost like a ballet movement of some kind.
I've been incorporating this sort of one legged squat in my exercise program for a couple of weeks now....very challenging...I've tried the pistol squat the normal way but can not balance or do a below parallel rep without falling on my ass...

advice appreciated.

About one arm pushups: I've been told that you are only asking to tear up your shoulders doing them.
I still enjoy weights though. I like the sound of the iron clanging around.

Bike riding is great, just beware of the many idiot drivers out there.
It sounds like you are doing the pistol squats right. I have to bend my knee a bit when I do them, too, because its hard to get my leg completely straight. Just try to keep your foot off the ground. There is another variation of the one legged squat that I did for a while to build up to doing the pistol squat: Bend your knee to where your foot is behind you and bend down to your knee and come back up with out using your other foot to boost you. Some people who are too heavy to do the pistol squat find that this works fine for them, but mastering the pistol squat gives you an excellent workout.

I would highly recommend you read Pavel's book "The Naked Warrior" before trying one arm pushups. If you can get the form right every time, you won't have to worry about tearing up your shoulders.

Old June 30th, 2005 #37
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
I have this stretching machine,

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/superfoot/newimve.html

it does wonders for me. About the only time I watch tv is when I'm on that thing. It's not cheap, but it will open up your hips, without which you won't achieve real flexibility. ............
Superfoot bill machine! We used to sit in those racks alot around the TKD gym. They work pretty well. You can also use your body weight same way by alternating a couple minutes Chinese splits then American splits, left and right.

Old June 30th, 2005 #38
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
WTF? I wasn't expecting that! AE: bedroom athlete.

Steve B: Rob knows what he's talking about for sure. One of the main tenets of yoga is that keeping the spine supple retards the aging process. I would recommend a swiss ball, aka fitness or stability ball.

http://www.bodytrends.com/balls.htm

Hundreds of different exercises you can do with that that are great for core strength. Bending over backwards on it - bridges - for a few minutes a day is great for your back: really increases flexibility and decompresses those discs. I use one instead of a chair in front of the computer: works those stabilizer muscles.

I have this stretching machine,

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/superfoot/newimve.html

it does wonders for me. About the only time I watch tv is when I'm on that thing. It's not cheap, but it will open up your hips, without which you won't achieve real flexibility.

Then there's Bob Anderson's Stretching, the classic text.
Tanks! Will give it a try. (The Swiss ball, not AE's "horny goat weed.")

Old July 4th, 2005 #39
Herman van Houten
Ausrotter

I have to say all those extremes on the photos look like freaks. Who wants to look like that, and what does does it have to do with health?

There is nothing wrong however with being muscular and strong, in order to be able to crack some jew or nigger skull.

I wonder if there are exercises one can do while working in front of a computer?

Old July 4th, 2005 #40
einzelwesen...

Things I agree with:
Glucosamine for joint pain
'Mega B' for general energy and vitality
Pilates for muscle flexibility and endurance

Something that hasn't been explicitly mentioned, as far as I can see:
Fixed weights machines are crap. Free weights and 'opposing tension' exercises are the way to go. That way, the onus of balancing and stabilising the weight is on you, and you'll make your tendons and bones as proportionately strong as your muscles: and thus you'll be much less likely to rip a tendon or pick up a joint injury.

Thread