Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 12th, 2006 #41
Subrosa
Banned

I would prefer something you can attach a silencer to.

Old January 21st, 2007 #42
BANNISHEDWARRIOR
Fight the New World Order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrosa
I would prefer something you can attach a silencer to.

Old March 15th, 2007 #43
Christopher Drake

.380 two-tone by Hi-Point. Load it up with hydra-shocks and its the cheapest, most dependable pistol you can pack in small-caliber. I've owned three, had three stolen and didn't hurt in the wallet for it. First time I was out $60 +ammo, second $100 and the third was around $90. I think they hover at the $130 mark now though. Hi-point is a good brand except I wouldn't waste my time on the carbine. Its a decend trunk gun but I mean, its a 9mm carbine...I weapon I've never understood.

Old July 13th, 2007 #44
blueskies
Banned

I'm in the process of getting a gun permit. In jersey, it takes 4 to 6 weeks.

I'm looking for 357 magnum, either short barrel or a long one which is for accuracy and distance. Still though, the price range has triple in a decade.
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...n=&isFirearm=Y
Price: $830.00 *

*Suggested Retail, Dealer Sets Actual Pricing

Old July 13th, 2007 #45
blueskies
Banned

or this one:629 Classic (.44 Magnum/.44
S&W Special)

Old July 13th, 2007 #46
Sean Martin

Have you considered Taurus? They are about half the price of a S&W and from what I have seen the same quality or better. I have never known of a Taurus to misfire. I know they are made in Brazil but S&W has cut American gun consumers throats so many times that I would rather buy Chinese guns than support those wretches.

Personally I would get an Air-weight hammerless in the Taurus, for the money and the feel it can’t be beat. Pick one up someday and you will see.

One advantage of the 357 is you can plink with cheap 38’s while 44 special ammo costs more than 44 magnum ammo (at least here).

Taurus 605, 357 Mag ($375.00)

Compare

S&W 637, 38 SPL ($425.00)

Last edited by Sean Martin; July 13th, 2007 at 05:54 PM.

Old July 13th, 2007 #47
Frank Simmet
White Love Monger

The 44 Colt Anaconda was quite an impressive shot for me, but the problem with it is it takes a lot of training to really draw it quick and not miss the silhouette.

Long barrels are more accurate at longer ranges so I stay away from snub nose types.

The good ol' .45 acp is my fav. Fits the needs all around, imo. Excellent sidearm.

aka DresdenBurning
'If the passion drops from your voice , I ask that you kindly pick it back up'

Old July 13th, 2007 #48
blueskies
Banned

thanks for the tip, ya'll

I need to look into best suitable firearm I’m comfortable with. I want a pistol that stops the target dead on with one bullet while still have cartridges .

I was just talking to my neighbor, and he's getting a firearm too. He said, ghettos gangs have guns, why can’t I?... Good for him- Were locked and load!

Last edited by blueskies; July 13th, 2007 at 07:25 PM.

Old July 13th, 2007 #49
Sean Martin

The best gun is the one you have one you. The 45 acp just never impressed me at all. I like the 40 S&W much better, shot side by side the 40 outperformed the 45 like daylight and dark.

One huge problem with the 45 (unless you have the new thousand dollar Kimber) is the ability to conceal it. Unless one walks around in 100 degree weather with a coat on to hide said 45 I just don’t see carrying one concealed very easy.

A good mini-glock in the 40 S&W or a 38 airweight is all anyone would ever need in a real world situation. Provided he or she can shoot. If you hit your target with a 38 +P or 40 S&W I guarantee they won’t still walk towards you. The iron clad California bank robbers are not people we see everyday or every decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The good ol' .45 acp is my fav. Fits the needs all around, imo. Excellent sidearm.

Old July 14th, 2007 #50
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

This is personal preference here, but I wouldn't get a Glock smaller than a Glock 23. The 'subcompact' guns from Glock really hamper your ability to hold the gun properly and get satisfactory accuracy, especially 'under stress' when you already have enough shit to worry about.

If I had to pick between either a subcompact Glock 40 or a 38 snubby, I'd pick the 38 every time. It also has the added benefit of a 'point and click' interface that helps if there happens to be a misfire.

Old November 21st, 2007 #51
Subrosa
Banned

Any reviews on the Bersa 380? I'm looking for a gun for a woman. Please, no comments about loads or how it's a "mouse" gun, just anyone that has had experience with it or knows anyone that does. I know what to load it with, thank you.

Old November 21st, 2007 #52
T.J. McAllister

Bersa has improved their quality control immensely since the late 80s. The reports that I am hearing are positive, across the board. They are much lighter than pistols of similar size and type (Makarov, Walther), and they are accurate.

As long as the user understands the limitations of the 9mm kurz, I would not hesitate to recommend a Bersa. The only downside is that magazines are phenomenally expensive! Spare factory mags are forty bucks! Don't be tempted by the cheaper ProMags, though- they are not sufficiently durable and dependable.

Old November 21st, 2007 #53
Freodheric Jameson
Reconquista Revanchist

The best carry gun is one you can hit the target with. If you're not comfortable with heavy recoil, then a .22LR is better that a .45ACP. While I definitely think the Colt 1911A1 is the finest carry handgun in existence, a Ruger MkII is an excellent choice for a less experienced shooter. Six or eight long rifles into the chest cavity will dissuade even the most resolute car jacker.

Old November 21st, 2007 #54
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

For a womans conceal carry I like the glock 26. 9mm holding 10 rounds
It is very small and is only a little over 6oz when loaded. It fits a womans small hands nicely.

9mm is a small enough round to give light recoil. Again, the best firearm is one that you can hit the target with, but if it is so big or heavy you leave it at home its worse than missing your target.

http://www.glockworld.com/glock_subcompact.htm
stats here

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Old November 21st, 2007 #55
SSanguine

Default What GUN should I buy?

Okay ... I'm trying to decide what gun I want for Christmas ... I have a few that I have picked out .... and I want pearl grips ;-/

So which one should I get --

Taurus 85

Colt Mustang 380 --- I REALLY like this one

Bersa Thunder 380

S&W Lady Smith

Old November 21st, 2007 #56
Freodheric Jameson
Reconquista Revanchist

I'd say get the Colt. It and the Smith will hold value better than the others, and Colt autoloaders are a smooth joy to shoot.

Old November 21st, 2007 #57
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

You should narrow the field down to a few based on caliber, style and aesthetics. (it looks like you have) then fire them all at the range. What fits best in your hand, what has a recoil you can live with, price, what are you most accurate with and what will suit your needs the best for your intended use.

I would rank them on all that, plus more on a 1-10 scale to find your best compromise.

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Old November 21st, 2007 #58
SSanguine

Hmmm I really want that Colt 380 ....

Do some damage bwaharhahar ...

Old November 21st, 2007 #59
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSanguine View Post
Okay ... I'm trying to decide what gun I want for Christmas ... I have a few that I have picked out .... and I want pearl grips ;-/

So which one should I get --
I would say get the Taurus but not the one you pictured. Here are my reasons. They are cheap, accurate, reliable, durable, and have an excellent warranty that exists to the lifetime of the gun not just the owner. This means you can buy a used Taurus and if it hasn’t been beaten with a hammer you can send it back to the factory for free repairs.

Unlike S&W, which holds value, Taurus is actually increasing in value. You may buy a new one now, keep it for a couple years and actually get more than you paid for it if you decide to sell it.

Now why I say not the one you pictured. Rubber grips are better if not as pretty as pearl grips. It is to fancy for a carry gun, you should get an airweight which is durable and makes a great carry gun. They feel like a few quarters in your pocket and if you have something heavy you won’t be carrying it. For a female the airweight is the best way to go. And remember just because something feels good in your hands in the gun shop doesn’t mean it is going to feel good in your pocket 12 hours a day. get a gun you would carry.

Old November 21st, 2007 #60
Derrick MacThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiZOG View Post
If you carry a handgun concealed -what is overall best choice -a snubby revolver, or a small auto -say in .32 or .380 caliber?
I like the flatness and compactness of the small auto myself..what are the advantages, if any of a revolver?
For up close and personal, a revolver is best every time.
A revolver will never jam and .38 special has killing power.
You can also leave a revolver loaded for long periods of time without having to worry about spring compression in the magazine.
There will also be no spent brass at the scene, which gives the ZOG troopers less physical evidence to work on.
.32 in auto has less hitting power than a .22. Look it up. .32 and .25 are useless calibres.
The smallest self-loading pistol calibre to consider is 9mm, but that is significantly inferior to .38.
A pistol is not an offensive weapon.
It is something you draw to either (a) kill yourself to prevent capture, or (b) as a weapon of last resort at close quarters.
In such situations, reliability and killing power are the primary considerations.
Go for a .38 with the longest barrel you think is appropriate to your concealment situation. The longer the barrel the more time the powder spends burning behind the projectile, so the more killing power it has.

Thread