Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 23rd, 2007 #81
J.Hartman

Quote:
YOu appear to have no combat experience whatsoever. If you did, you would not say such things.
You also indulge in the American stupidity of putting a weapon on automatic and spraying like an undisciplined nigger gangster, then wondering WTF you run of ammunition
Derrick, besides what you may see on TV or in news sources, full auto weapons don't exist here in the states for the masses. There are a few hundred thousand or so legally owned full auto ...and require special licensing/fees. The prices of the legal full auto weapons are through the roof and out of reach for the average shooter.

The best we can get are semi-auto versions of battle and assault rifles. So fire discipline with your semi-auto is the norm for any serious rifleman.

I too am a fan myself of the .308 (7.62 Nato) round and I have several civilian (semi-auto only) FAL rifles. But that is for a different discussion...we are talking about handguns here for personal defense.

Quote:
Yes in the winter you may carry a 45 but what about in the summer when it is shorts and t-shirts?
Doc, you must have missed the second sentence, in summer when the clothing is lighter I routinely carry a 5 shot Taurus .357...almost the same size as a .38. Real nice carry piece btw.

Old November 23rd, 2007 #82
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Hartman View Post
Doc, you must have missed the second sentence, in summer when the clothing is lighter I routinely carry a 5 shot Taurus .357...almost the same size as a .38. Real nice carry piece btw.
I did, good choice. Of course anyone reading any of my gun posts here will know what a huge fan of Taurus I am.

Old November 23rd, 2007 #83
Sean Martin

About 9mm’s bouncing off the heads of Negroes I would have to see several stories to back that up. Sure there is probably an urban legend floating around, contact Ripley’s for all sorts of strange survival shots.

I do know from experience that a 22lr will drop a 700-pound hog with one shot. That is through the skull. I also know that it will drop a calf with one shot and this is a calf that can smash a car door with it’s skull. I don’t think some darkie is going to deflect a 9mm.

About taking a lung shot and still fighting, adrenaline won’t do that. They taser people who are on adrenaline rushes and knock them down.

The tales you are telling can only be found in superhero comic books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick MacThomas View Post
A well trained and disciplined soldier will still do a fair job of it.
So if you are going to be calm and take the right shot then it doesn’t matter what caliber you have. Either a person is going to be calm or not. Under actual fire no one is calm except in the movies.

Quote:
I was referring specifically to a civilian on a street pulling out a pistol to save their life.
Shoot for centre of mass. Anything else is suicidal folly.
Then why bring up an M-14? A gut shot, or even a shot in the leg can swiftly kill. If you are calm then you only need one shot. If you have to aim for center mass and hope for the best then carry a gun that has several rounds.

Quote:
I have spent a lot of time in the bush with an FN rifle and I have never, ever, got mud or dirt in it.
Perish the thought!
That is a sign of a poorly trained soldier.
Carrying a rifle and actually being in battle crawling through mud in the rain and whatever are two completely different things. I have gotten dust and mud in a rifle while it hung in a gun rack in my truck. Unless you carry a rifle over your head it will get dirty in actual combat.

Quote:
A revolver will not jam and .38 or .357 will kill. If you need the 17 shots (or whatever it is) in the magazine of one of those dreadful 9mm Glocks you are dead meat anyway.
Revolvers have several things to go wrong and yes they do jam. The cylinder has to cycle and anything that prevents that can be considered a jam. The firing pin can snap as I have seen on S&W’s.

Dave Sveginy (SP?) who just won several world championships did it with an out of the box Glock with a few modifications. He didn’t even have $800 in his gun and he beat people using $3,000 guns. If you tune them up a Glock is just as accurate as any high dollar gun.

Quote:
The number of police here in Australia who have shot themselves in the feet with Glocks is pitiful.:krofl
There is a vid on VNNF of a Negro fed who shot himself in the foot in front of school children. I never give Kwaps much credit, one of the things is to keep your finger off the trigger of a Glock when it is chambered. Aside from that you can throw a Glock off a building and it won’t fire unless you actually pull the trigger.

Here is something else, a Glock has less moving parts than an average revolver and a lot less to go wrong. They are also more durable to mud, dust, weather and just about anything else you can throw at it.

In my life I have had $800 revolvers malfunction and I have only had 2 automatics malfunction and one of them was a $20 Lorcin.

Your arguments are classic Guns and Ammo arguments.

The anti-Glock argument.

The revolver is more reliable argument.

The high caliber Fal over the 223 argument.

The under power of the 9mm.

People taking shots to the lungs and still fighting.

Let’s not forget the classic 45 acp argument.

All of these things could have been lifted off the pages of Guns and Ammo magazine (I know I have a subscription) by writers paid to promote substandard guns. I have literally read everything you have said in guns and ammo magazine.

If you can’t hit anything with a Glock, an FAL isn’t going to help matters any.

I am not questioning where your heart is in terms of racism but I believe your firearms knowledge is limited to someone who got a subscription to Guns and Ammo and you are just quoting what they say. The arguments you make are so cliché and old.

Last edited by Sean Martin; November 23rd, 2007 at 07:29 AM.

Old December 6th, 2007 #84
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin View Post
About 9mm’s bouncing off the heads of Negroes I would have to see several stories to back that up. Sure there is probably an urban legend floating around, contact Ripley’s for all sorts of strange survival shots.

I do know from experience that a 22lr will drop a 700-pound hog with one shot. That is through the skull. I also know that it will drop a calf with one shot and this is a calf that can smash a car door with it’s skull. I don’t think some darkie is going to deflect a 9mm.
Hehehe....

Quote:
The officers said Tillie came out to the vehicle holding a blue steel 9 mm semi automatic and dropped the weapon when ordered to do so. Officers said they found Alexis huddled on the floor under the steering wheel, covered in blood, surrounded by spent cartridge casings, a spent bullet on the floor and teeth on the seat. There were bullet holes in the windshield and blood inside.
http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...ETRO/712050396

Old December 6th, 2007 #85
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

(Couldn't resist.)

Old April 7th, 2008 #86
Steel Heart 10K

Wink

Personally I prefer a hammerless 357 stub nose as a back up weapon or even as a primary weapon. It gives you the availability of choosing both .38 Cal or .357 Loads to fit your preferences and needs. A wheel Gun will rarely ever jam where a semi auto may jam or could jam when needed most. The trade off is lower capacity of ammunition to send down range and a bit of a slower reload time than a Semi-Auto, But the trade off for absolute reliability is the single strength of a Wheel Gun over a Semi-Auto. Thats my .02 Cents on the matter.

Old May 21st, 2008 #87
James Douglas

Default What's best?

Well, I see the the original posting was about .38 snub nose as opposed to small auto but it has evolved to a wider discussion. I do not have a subscription to Guns and Ammo but I would still like to respond.

For home defense shotguns are superior in close quarters and second to none. I have many guns and the one that is loaded and next to my bed is an old Winchester Model 12 - 12 gauge pump. The last thing anyone wants being shot at them at close range is buck shot.

For concealed carry by females i would say a .357 Mag revolver double action, Colt or Smith and Wesson. Use .38 special ammo and the bulkier frame should make the recoil acceptable. I know there are many ladies who can handle more but we are speaking in general terms. My personal preference for concealed carry on the street or a combat side arm would be a 1911 model .45 ACP made by Springfield Armory or Colt.

After that if social unrest suddenly struck and chaos took to the streets you would probably only use your pistol while trying to make your way to your rifle and only 2 cartridges would do the job AND be replenishable by our modern military in most situations. That would be the .308 and the .223. So that only means M1A-M14 and an M4 type.

Hey.... Just like the guy a few post back.... It's only my 2 cents.

Old May 24th, 2008 #88
l1235

Default Kimber

Kimber Stainless CDP Pro, 4" aluminum framed .45, firing 10 230 grain Corbon+P fragmentation rounds, 24 ounces empty, very concealable with Uncle Mike's scabbard, tritium night sights, will stop a charging 300lb. crack crazed buck fo-sho.......built in Kimber's Custom shop, I sold my other handguns as they were redundant and inferior.
http://www.impactguns.com/store/kimber_cdp.html

Old May 24th, 2008 #89
Richard H.
Banned

Well; I stated this before, my .25 auto worked very well; I have since added a S&W 9mm and last weekend, a .357 snub nose revolver, I did have the opportunity to purchase a hammerless, titanium frame .38 but didn't because of the cost. I got the magnum for just shy of $300, brand new, in the box. The gun store where I got it had some .45 cal. autos. for $169 + tax; had I seen them before I bought the magnum, I might have gotten one. It's my plan to go back and get one in the next 2 weeks.

Old May 25th, 2008 #90
Sean Martin

People think revolvers won’t jam or malfunction but that is a 1950’s mindset when automatic guns were still a fairly new idea to Americans. Today’s automatic guns are well built and most malfunctions can be traced back to user error.

To think a wheel gun is indestructible is wrong. There are 2 stops to hold your cylinder (one to cycle and one to hold it in place) and both wear very fast. If either one fails your gun will malfunction severely. Most revolvers have an internal firing pin with a safety so the gun won’t fire with the hammer down, if this fails the gun is no more than a rock.

Older revolvers have an external firing pin on the hammer and if this catches on anything it could bend it or break the pin holding it in place again rendering the gun useless. I have seen a pin break on a $700 revolver than hadn’t been shot 200 times.

Now gun companies are giving less and less warranty and not being liable for injuries due to malfunctions. This is of course because non-whites are building guns now. Guns are made shoddier and have a higher chance of malfunction.

The reason people distrust automatics is because back in the day they had tight tolerances, heavy springs and a bunch of moving parts. Not so today, some automatics like the Glock have less moving parts than a revolver. Murphy’s Law will tell you the more moving parts the more chances that something will break or malfunction.

So the idea that a revolver is more reliable than an automatic is just plain nonsense. If a person likes a revolver better because of the feel or nostalgia then great but don’t give out disinformation to back up a preference.

Old March 6th, 2009 #91
l1235

Default Kimber CDP Pro

.45 cal.; 4" barrel; aluminum frame, 26oz., tritium nightsights; all from Kimber's custom shop; mine fires 10 230gr. Corbons; artillery piece power and accuracy with collectible quality; real concealability in an Uncle Mike's scabbard due to light weight and compact size....... $850 from Gunbroker. Stop a 300lb. crack addled spook?
Oh, Hell Yeah!, and it's posse.
all my other pistols sold as were inferior/redundant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zCDP.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	5679  

Old March 9th, 2009 #92
John Cassidy
Homeward Yankee

Default Taurus sucks

I used to have a Taurus .357 magnum revolver. After about thirty rounds the cylinder would expand from the heat generated by the burning propellant. When that happened the trigger wouldn’t pull until the revolver cooled.

There is also a clip on youtube that shows a Taurus revolver’s barrel shooting off when the gun is fired.

S&W makes good revolvers but the built in safety mechanism is bad news. If you go with a wheel gun you should go Ruger. At least go Ruger until S&W gets their shit straight.

Old March 12th, 2009 #93
Greg Gerdes

J.C. - "I used to have a Taurus .357 magnum revolver. After about thirty rounds the cylinder would expand from the heat generated by the burning propellant. When that happened the trigger wouldn’t pull until the revolver cooled. There is also a clip on youtube that shows a Taurus revolver’s barrel shooting off when the gun is fired."

Long story short: Though I still own one Taurus firearm, I'll never buy another one again.

J.C. - "If you go with a wheel gun you should go Ruger. At least go Ruger until S&W gets their shit straight."

Though I still own one S&W firearm, I still haven't forgiven those cowards for selling out to the Clinton administration years ago. I haven't bought another since then and don't plan on it.

Yes, Ruger is the way to go.

BTW, the CEO of S&W is a dirty jew named Michael F. Golden.

Last edited by Greg Gerdes; March 12th, 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Old March 12th, 2009 #94
Greg Gerdes

As to the answer of the question that started this thread?

"What's Better - .38 Snubby or Small Auto?"

It depends on the .38 snubby or the small auto.

My suggestion - buy one of each and try them out for yourself. See what you like personally. But, if you have a bad experience with one, don't let that one bad experience sour you on one or the other. Keep buying / selling / trading until you find one of each that you like, as they both have their virtues and everyone who can affort it should have at least one of each.

BTW, the most unreliable small auto I've ever owned was a Taurus.

Old March 13th, 2009 #95
Geoff Kelch
WHITE WARRIOR

Hate to think about the fight I'm scheduled for tomorrow night. Cold and rain for the last 4 days and couldn't get in rythum to train.

Old May 2nd, 2009 #96
S.N.

Default Pros vs Cons

Ok, let the gun nut take a spin.

Revolvers: Reliable, solid, guaranteed to fire. .38 snubby is small, lightweight, packs a [U]close-range[U] wallop (emphasis on the close).

however, it only has 6 shots, so you must make them count. This, in turn produces its own pro, you learn to shoot! but the 6 rounds only leaves you stuck when you need to reload - revolvers are slow at the best of times.

Semi-autos: Accurate, lightweight, easy maintenance and quick to reload, and have the same bang for the buck and a larger clip size (9 rounds usually), therefore more confidence that if a larger gang of shit skins decides to 'have-a-go' the more you can drop.

Being this as it may, semi-autos are not the most reliable thing on the planet, prone to jamming (a single bullet get jammed in the breech and cannot be fired nor removed), mis-firing (randomly firing when a minor force is applied tot eh gun ie, being dropped when loaded) and even hang-firing (pulling the trigger and nothing happens), but most of these points are pretty well taken care of by the gun companies, as they have pressure to produce more accurate, reliable heavy-hitting firearms.

So, my personal opinion would be to ditch the piss-ant calibres and go the smith and wesson .45 long slide with a laser sighting - the ultimate point and click interface lol.

Old May 3rd, 2009 #97
wildbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Gerdes View Post
As to the answer of the question that started this thread?

"What's Better - .38 Snubby or Small Auto?"

It depends on the .38 snubby or the small auto.
I'd add it also depends on the circumstances of use. In the winter when I'm wearing a coat, packing even a full- or medium-size auto is no problem. In warm weather, I switch to a small auto. I know some people might laugh, but the little Beretta mini pistols are nice for carrying in hot weather or any other time when carrying anything bigger is a pain. These still give you seven in the clip and one in the chamber. Yes, these are anemic calibers, but we're talking belly guns, right?

Beretta_21_Bobcat Beretta_21_Bobcat

Beretta_3032_Tomcat Beretta_3032_Tomcat

I do agree with the opinion that revolvers have the edge in simplicity. You grab it and its ready to go. Everybody knows how to operate a revolver. But the small autos definitely have the edge on concealability and ammo capacity. Like with everything else, it boils down to personal choice. That's why there's so many kinds of guns. In any case having any kind of gun is better than having no gun. Agreed?

Cops quit carrying revolvers. I think that says something about reliability of modern autos.

Old May 3rd, 2009 #98
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.N. View Post
however, it only has 6 shots, so you must make them count. This, in turn produces its own pro, you learn to shoot! but the 6 rounds only leaves you stuck when you need to reload - revolvers are slow at the best of times.
Most nigger and spic thugs travel in packs and carry high capacity semi-autos. A six shot revolver is going to get you killed if you're relying on that for defense of your life or the life of your family.

An auto loader chambered in either .40SW or .45ACP is your best best for short range personal defense.

Old August 18th, 2009 #99
Jack W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
32s and 380s are women's guns man. I assume that you are not female. Neither of them is really powerful enough. Snub nosed guns are for women also.

Revolvers are less likely to jam, require less maintenance and do not leave empty cases. They have a longer barrel in a gun of the same length. However they have too low capacity and are too slow to reload. If one is left handed one has to change hands to reload them. They are less well-balanced, they 'hang forward' in the hand due to their shape, and they have a heavier trigger pull. With a few exceptions they cannot be effectively silenced. They are bulky. I recommend a 9mm semi-automatic, or if you insist on a revolver then a .357.
How is a snub nose for a woman? It is for concealment. If you are going to pocket carry (I do realize he did not say pocket carry but pointing that out anyhow), how the hell would you do it without a snub nosed?

I however agree if you are going with revolver go with a .357 magnum.

Thread