VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 18th, 2005 #21
Jenab
Senior Goatly One

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence dennis
National White Network News (NWNN, gets the -NN suffix without being actionable by CNN)
A trademark lawsuit by CNN against a competitor named VNN should not be winnable by the plaintiff. If it were winnable, ABC, BBC and NBC could sue each other over the "BC", and obviously they don't.

Jerry Abbott

Old March 19th, 2005 #22
Hibernian

I say just stick with VNN. Simple, powerful.

Old March 21st, 2005 #23
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Sikorski
Hence, taking a bit of time in farming naming ideas so that before they hit the poll, they can be checked with copyright and trademarking arms of zog for any clashes. I and my band partners in crime went through a week long process to secure our band name based on our conceptual ideas. That instructed me on how to streamline the process to save time and energy as it can be quite frustrating.

As far as using VNN for the network moniker, as long as we don't infringe on cnn's logo design or step on another broadcasting networks use of VNN, then it is a good bet we could trademark it and its logo without objections.
the only use of VNN by any media is by Vietnamese. The markets dont overlap, there's no chance of confusion. Really, considering the goofy letters the Vietnamese use, there is a ZERO chance of anybody confusing VNN and VNN (Vientam) and so I have always thought VNN a safe name.

However, there is some question as to whether or not Vanguard News Network is so general that it is not trademarkable. However, Alex has been using it steadily since 2000 with a minimum of fuss, save only from the clowns at Vanguard financial services, who dropped their slanderous claims, and the short-lived and unconsummated threats by Anarchy Bill to hijack the names, so it seems clear to me that he has firm and undisputed common-law trademark rights in that name.

I say stick with VNN radio. "KISS" principle.

Old March 24th, 2005 #24
Frank Toliver
Formerly Cowboy Zeke

VNN is good, but what about the slogan. We ain't 'fair', and we sure aint gonna be 'balanced'. More like 'Jew Free TV', or 'News for the Majority', or something along the lines of how we deliver the unflattering truth. Somebody get ready to buy the old Amos n' Andy shows, as well as Song of the South from Disney.

Any other properties we can get our hands on would be good. Any positive movies at all, because people will need a break from commentary. Or here is a great frickin' idea; a show where the blurbs come on analyzing commericals or movies showing how they've been jewed. Like a balloon would pop up when the black character enters saying "O.B.G. 'Obligatory Black Guy'", like the VH-1 video show does.

Get a lawyer who knows all about copyright and fair use laws as well. Get 2.

Thread