Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Uncensored Europe + > Africa
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old March 18th, 2008 #81
Alex Linder
Administrator

[Letter circulated by Eric Thomson, written by CM Mathey, [email protected] .]

Sent: 29 January 2008
To: '[email protected]'

Subject: Whites urged to condemn killings W/Argus 26/1

To the editor:

Dear Sir,

I read the comments of the SA Institute of Race Relations asking Whites to condemn the killings of Blacks in Swartruggens and had to shake my head.

I will condemn any murder from any quarter, however will not accept selective morality. In the last 14 years, 30 000 Whites were murdered in this country by Black people without an apology from those Black organisations. A young demented White kills four Black people and the press, the television is full of it, shouting racism over the roofs. But those 30 000 Whites are just statistics. The press and TV mostly ignore them. More than 1600 farmers and families were murdered in the most gruesome manner and the only things they got were a few lines at the bottom of some inside pages and were never mentioned on TV. After all they were only Whites. But I have seen the photos of some of those murders: a school boy in uniform hanging by the neck, a baby wrapped in newspapers and set alight, women raped and killed, old people battered to death, etc. Not pretty pictures to show the world. Kill the Boer, kill the farmer said the late Peter Mokaba, an advice followed by some of his followers. It is said that when a White man kills a Black man, it is racism, but if a Black man kills a White man, it is liberation. But if a Black man kills another Black man, it is Africa! I suppose that a White man killing Black people is news, because so few Whites do such things. It is so out of the normal pattern of things, that it must be splashed all over the media, while the opposite is so common that it is not worth reporting. This is racism of the worst kind, for it discriminate against sections of the population who are generally well behaved in favour of those whose behavior is criminal. If the SAIRR feels that it must apologise, so be it. Why should, for example, the entire Catholic Church apologise for a crime committed by one of its members? So why should a race be responsible for the misdeeds of one of its own. Maybe, on the other hand we should. After all there are so few of us who are criminals, that it would not take long. That of course on condition that all Black organisations and government spokesmen apolgise for every murder and mayhem caused gby their people to Whites South Africans. They would all spend their entire life on their knees. 30 000 dead, that is a lot of people to apologise for.

I do feel for those people who lost their loved ones but I feel also for those of all races whose life has been destroyed by criminals who, it seems, can strike with impunity as they are protected by our so called justice system.

C.M. MATHEY
BELLVILLE
[South Africa]

Old March 18th, 2008 #82
Alex Linder
Administrator

[Letter circulated by Eric Thomson, written by CM Mathey, [email protected] .]

Sent: 27 January 2008
To: '[email protected]'

Subject: Black and White - and right

Dear Ms MacDonald,

Your two articles on the above subject ended up on my desk and I must say that I had to smile. Indeed, we had 14 years of "freedom" and the school system is worse than ever. 80% of schools in South Africa are officially dysfunctional and it is not getting better wtih the years. They put everything on the back of apartheid education, unfortunately after 14 years they are forced to face reality, even if it is not politically correct. The Black child simply cannot compete. The previous regime was accused of promoting Bantu education, where children were taught in their own vernacular. The new regime changed all that and forced English education on children who could not speak a word of English. Now they want to go back to the vernacular. The claim of the present rulers when they were in opposition was abuot unequal education, so once in power they promoted equal education. What we saw was an emptying of Black schools in the townships as parents enrolled their children in formerly White schools, with the result thta there was an exodus of White and Asian children toward private schools. The reason was not necessarily racism, but the behaviour of Black children who brought their mores to the new school: assaults, rapes, murders, bad behaviour, etc and which the new law against enforcing discipline in schools made it impossible for the teachers to control their pupils. The regime, seeing thta Black pupils were unable to compete, first, dropped the standards and introduced a new syllabus, Outcome based education, whose purpose is not to teach anything worthwhile, but rather to keep the pupils "happy". The results were soon there for all to see. Some pupils could not read or write or count in Grade 10, but they were "happy". The maytriculation passes for Black pupils dropped to 29% while the other groups were flourishing. To compensate that, authorities all over boosted their results by sometimes 20% to enable the pupils to pass, or simply leaked the exam papers. It helped somehow but not much, so from next year the traditional matriculation will be abolished in favour of an "end of school certificate", not meaning much, which will be given according to the performance during the year. Everybody will receive a piece of paper so everybody will be happy. Of course that paper will be meaningless and those who want to go to university will have to attend bridging courses. The quality of university education has also sharply dropped to accommodate larger numbers of Black students, most of whom drop out after the first year. Some university diplomas which used to be accepted worldwide are not anymore. Interestingly, the top 20 matriculation pupils in the Western Cape, whose population is in majority Black and Mixed Breed, were all White, most of them girls. In the Coloured schools, it is vandalism, drugs, rapes, guns, stabbings, murders, gangsterism, etc. In the Blacks schools, girls are seduced or raped by both male pupils and teachers or sell themselves to the teachers in exchange for better marks. Teachers are uneducated and those with a bit of education find jobs overseas where at least pupils appreciate their efforts. We had schools for Blacks and schools for Whites. The Blacks in black schools did not like them and wanted to be in "White" schools. It is really amusing to see that in Canada they want to be among their own. The problem is not the school, or the teacher. It is the culture of the Black man, who cannot understand our so-called Western culture and never will. The tendency therefore is to bring down that culture to a level they can understand. But in doing so, they will destroy it and end up as they have been for thousands of years, at the bottom of the human ladder. We see that here everyday. After 14 years of "freedom", the average age of artisans has reached 59 years, most of them White, Coloured and Asians. We have run out of electricity because those "intelligent" idiots running the country, forgot that if you want to electrify a country, you must bulid power stations. Now the mines are closing down for lack of electricity. Worse, if one could build new ones instantly, there would not be enough stafff to man them as the products of our educational system are unemployable.

And by the way, if Canada wants more of them for the sake of diversity, I will be quite willing to organise their emigration....

All the best and good luck to Canada. I do not think it realizes what it is in for.

C.M. Mathey

Old March 18th, 2008 #83
Alex Linder
Administrator

Current South African joke:

First we had White Power. Then we had Black Power. Now we have no power at all!

Old March 18th, 2008 #84
Hell Raising Woman
Jews are not superior

Location: USA - House of Babylonia where greed, immigration and homosexuality flourishes and the jews love it.
Default From 1999 to 2008 - Jews involved in ANC and are proud of it

Old news but proves a point:

Jews report how happy they are to be involved in the ANC. The same ANC who have/are mass murdering Whites in S.A. --- 30,000+

Jews will be a part of anything that has to do with mass murdering Whites and will report with glee of their accomplishments and call it "The Guts to Fight Back."

Friday June 11, 1999

Jewish legislator heads South Africa opposition party

SUZANNE BELLING
Jewish Telegraphic Agency

JOHANNESBURG -- For the first time in the history of South Africa's Parliament, a Jewish legislator will lead the opposition.

Final results from the nation's second democratic elections indicate that the Democratic Party, led by Tony Leon, will replace the New National Party as the official opposition to the ruling African National Congress. The ANC won a landslide victory under President-elect Thabo Mbeki. Running closely behind the Democrats was the Inkatha Freedom Party headed by Zulu chief Dr. Mangosuthu Buthelezi.

An elated Leon said he was "thrilled with the results. We've done so well -- much better than our expectations and than in the 1994 elections."
His party, which campaigned under the slogan "The Guts to Fight Back," more than quintupled its 1994 votes.

"We will now take the fight forward," Leon added. "People voted for us because they are concerned about the ANC and want a strong opposition, which any decent democracy needs."

The Democrats "overwhelmingly attracted the Jewish vote, because we stand where their concerns are -- but it was not just Jewish people who voted for us," Leon said, adding that his party had also attracted black and Indian voters.

Commenting on what it is like to be the first Jewish leader of an official opposition party in South Africa, Leon said, "It feels good. Being Jewish is part of me -- but I neither make a fuss over it nor deny it."

Leon said the New National Party had published scathing reports about him "because I am not a Christian." He added, however, that such statements did not affect "mature" voters and those for whom a candidate's "religion seems to be of secondary importance." [ethics take the least importance]

At Leon's side throughout the campaign was his Israeli fiancée, Michal Even-Zahav, whom he met when he visited Israel several years ago to attend a conference for Jewish legislators.

Even-Zahav and her two children, ages 12 and 14, will be settling in South Africa in August.

She betrayed her sympathy for Israeli Prime Minister-elect Ehud Barak when she said last week, on the day South Africa's elections were held, "We were lucky in the Israeli elections. I hope I have brought the luck with me."

Leon's brother, Peter, is leader of the Democrats in the Gauteng Province, which includes Johannesburg and Pretoria. As a result of the voting, the party will lead the opposition there as well.

"In a sense, we did get a lot of Jewish support," said Peter Leon. "Tony resonates well in the Jewish community.

"In a country which is largely Christian, the fact that Tony is Jewish did not harm him. Jews in South Africa have never been as unthreatened as they are now."

He added that South Africa's Jews come from a "European liberal tradition and have always found apartheid abhorrent.

"There are many white ANC and Communist Party leaders who are Jewish. Jews have always been on the right side in the struggle to fight apartheid," he said.

South Africa has between 80,000 and 90,000 Jews out of a total population of some 43 million. The approximately 45,000 Jews eligible to vote represent less than 1 percent of the total electorate.

Meanwhile, a Jewish member of Parliament from the ruling party claimed the election results indicate that Mbeki's party had received significant support from Jewish voters.

"I think the election results say it all -- especially the support we've received from Jews," said Andrew Feinstein.

"There are a fair number of Jewish representatives who have been voted in through the ANC," he added. "It is important that Jews engage with government and feel part of the changes in the country. The implications for the Jewish community are very good."

Echoing the sentiment of Peter Leon that the country's Jews have a proud record of fighting for democracy, Feinstein urged the Jewish community to "continue to put their shoulder to the wheel and become a full part of the process of reconstruction and development." [including mass murdering Whites]

http://www.jewishsf.com/content/2-0-...playstory.html

Jews -- tall, tall, tall, tales they tell. Famous fairytale storytellers of the Holocaust.

Old July 18th, 2008 #85
Alex Linder
Administrator

Sent: 01 June 2008
To: [email protected]
Subject: Even during apartheid it was still possible to be proud to be South African

Dear Mr. Weaver,

I read the above article with a bit of amusement at the naivety of a white liberal who suddenly sees his carefully constructed make believe world falling apart. The problem with all white English speaking liberal who opposed apartheid was that they could not understand how SUPERIOR WHITE MEN COULD TREAT INFERIOR OTHERS in such a ghastly way. Subliminal racism to the extreme! Their grandparents were the backbone of the Empire which was bringing the light to the lesser breeds beyond the law as Kipling called them. Those lesser breeds of course included their fellow Afrikaners who were not behaving like English gentlemen, wanting nothing of the light of the Empire. They had to be made to understand the benefits of British rule in the same manner as the Irish or the Indians, millions of whom were starved to death for the greater glory of the Empire. When those Afrikaners finally regained their fredom, the remnants of Empire joined their enemies and destroyed their country (talking about xenophobia!) in the firm hope that what they fought for would turn out to be paradise on earth. They could not understand that other people had other ideas on how to run their life and that in time they would spit on those so-called "values", aliens to them, and return to their merry ways. The Afrikaners having lived longer in Africa understood that you could not put two or more alien nations in the same concoction without ending in an explosion. They tried to find a solution - apartheid - which of course was anathema to the Anglo liberal mind which had just discovered a new vision, "democracy", allegedly rule by the people. Democracy as I have always stated, is the right to choose between two or more horses belonging to the same stable. In it, the people are always screwed and are forced to accept decisions which affect them in an adverse way. In order to control those masses, they must be made unable to oppose the elites and therefore must be atomise through competing political entities, race mixing, class struggle. The present resistance against the massive import of alien invaders in this country can be understood in that context. As an author once stated, in a Western context, the sheriff would be the republic, the judge the rule of law, and the lynch mob, democracy.

As to your friends in Africa, do not worry too much, they are just as xenophobic as the crowd here. Have you ever seen the film Africa Addio, where you see how the Arabs were slaughtered on the beach? Uganda is a cesspool of tribal conflicts, Ethiopia will soon reach a point where it will not be able to sustain its population trying to make a meagre living on eroded mountain sides. When Bob Geldof got himself publicity trying to feed starving Ethiopians, the population was 60 million, now it is 80 million, by 2020 it will be 120 million. In Mozambique, the fight between Renamo and Frelimo was a tribal fight and the Shona massacred the Matabele in Zim. So what is new? Animals fight for turf, only the white man is too stupid today to understand this. We lost South Africa after WWII when the British wanted only British immigrants instead of importing the millions of displaced Europeans and of course in 1949 when the Afrikaners cut out immigration altogether. If you want to keep your land, you cannot allow aliens to take it over. It applies to all of us. If you want a flower garden, you must get rid of the weeds, whoever they are. If the flowers fall in love with the weeds, they soon will disappear. Nature has no mercy. the further one is from nature, the least one understand that rule. The Black man remains very near to nature and therefore understand those rules very well. To the local flowers, the kwerekwere are weeds. Full stop. Let nature take its course!

Indeed I like the people of Africa myself. If we could export our local lot and replace them with those so-called refugees (they are not of course) maybe we could have a better country, until of course they become just the same. As soon as their growth rate reaches critical mass, there will be an explosion. Everything is population and resources. As the population grows and the resources diminish, it is a fight for survival. There is just no other way. This is how nature works.

I knew Kaunda's brother when I was in Zambia. A nice man who was at the time Chancellor of Lusaka University, if I can remember. As to Nujoma, he just turned out as corrupt as all the others, but to his credit kept his country in reasonable shape.

Wishing you all the best, I am,

Yours sincerely,

CMM

Old August 19th, 2008 #86
Charles Black

Just to make it clear. I'm not sure what is meant by Dan Roodt, the scourge of the anc, however he is not one of us. He is and never was a white nationalist. He broke up the last standing white nationalist party the HNP a few years back.

Old August 30th, 2008 #87
John in Woodbridge

Default Police shoot family in horror ordeal

A HIGH-LEVEL investigation is underway following a robbery and shootout at a house in Meyersdal, south of Johannesburg. Two people were wounded and admitted to hospital.

The drama began last night, when a group of armed robbers fired shots through the bedroom of a house before making their way on to the property.

Police say the suspects tied up one of the occupants – a man in his 20s. They then ransacked the house and loaded several items onto a vehicle belonging to the family.

Things took a turn for the worse when the sister of the man tied up inside the house arrived home, and was startled to see the robbers there. She was then tied up and raped repeatedly.

The parents of the siblings, who’d been on holiday, then also turned up and were confronted by the robbers.

At this stage, somebody managed to press the panic button. Police raced to the scene, but came under fire as they approached the house.

At about the same time, a Land Cruiser reversed out of the garage at high speed, without lights. The vehicle sped down the road towards the police – and thinking the suspects were inside, the police opened fire, only to realise they had shot and wounded the parents.

The injured were rushed to hospital, and the suspects are still at large.

http://www.dispatch.co.za/article.aspx?id=243435

Old November 15th, 2008 #88
Alex Linder
Administrator

Hello Mr. Linder,

I would like to make you aware that the South Africa Sucks blog has been resurrected at its OWN domain: http://www.zasucks.com - the blog was taken down by Google originally on November 11th. It was brought back afterwards, but was deleted on November 12th. Now the new domain page has launched.

Old January 2nd, 2009 #89
KMRATHELL
deken

Default Stinking Jewess Helen Suzman dies-champion of nigger oppression

This Jewess, hailed as a hero by the NY Times and assorted other idiots, has finally died. She was one Jews who helped topple White rule in South Africa.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/02/wo...ref=obituaries

Old June 3rd, 2009 #90
wildbill

Default History: How South Africa Was Destroyed

http://news.ronatvan.com/2009/06/01/...kaaner-people/

Jews conspired to destroy the white South African government and murder the Boer-Afrikaaner people
Posted by asgard14
June 1, 2009

In the 19th century the British fought wars to subject the Boer states to British Rule. In 1948, the Boers took power democratically, with the election of the National Party.

In the 1960s the government of Hendrik Verwoerd took power and implemented the formal separate but equal policies in South Africa. These policies made South Africa the economically strongest nation in Africa, and gave the blacks in South Africa (and the whites) the highest standards of living of any African nation.

Verwoerd’s policies had two main opponents. One was a Jew named Harry Oppenheimer, the other a Jew named Anton Ruppert. Both controlled banking monopolies in the country, and wanted “rights” extended to black South Africans for the purpose of extending their money lending business. Oppenheimer had ties to the Rothschild banking family and to the US CIA, which throughout the 1970s through 1990s supported the overthrow of white South African rule, at the direction of the Jew Henry Kissinger.

Oppenheimer lobbied the Rothschilds to overthrow Verwoerd, who had publicly denounced the Jewish banking monopolies in Parliament. The Rothschilds secured the support of the Rockefeller, Carnegie and other “Anglo” families in the United States, and had those institutions lobby against the white government. Rockfeller influenced the Council on Foreign Relations and its members in the US government in particular to oppose white rule.

In 1963 a group of Jews founded the “African” National Congress. The ANC was founded by Lionel Bernstein, Bob Hepple, Dennis Goldberg, Arthur Goldreich, Hazel Goldreich and James Kantor, with a few African front men — Nelson Mandela, Walter Sisulu, Govan Mbeki (father of Thabo Mbeki), Raymond Mhlaba, and Ahmed Kathrada. In this, the ANC followed the model the Jews established when they founded the NAACP in the United States, with the exception that the ANC was a much more violent and openly communist organization. These Jews and their African National Congress received funding and support from both the Soviet Union and the US CIA.

In particular, Ruth First, the Jewish wife of Jewish Soviet KGB Colonel Joe Slovo, a leader of the South African Communist Party, was primarily responsible for funneling funds to this “African” National Congress.

In 1966 the CIA financed the assassination of President Verwoerd, through their “lone nut” operative Demetrio Tsafendas, a Greek immigrant to South Africa. In particular, Oppenheimer’s South African Foundation funneled CIA money to Hendrik Van Den Bergh of the South African Security Police and John Vorster, the Minister of Justice, who were the men who recruited Tsafendas to assassinate Verwoerd.

By the 1970s the Jewish campaign to subvert South Africa was having no effect. The economy was unaffected by sanctions and communist unrest was minimal — though much was made of it in the Jewish owned elements of the US press.

In 1978 the CIA recruited Pik Botha, the South African foreign minister, as a spy and used him to subvert the South African government, working with Samuel Huntington and Chester Crocker, Botha was assigned to undermine and alter the attitudes of the South African government regarding black rule.

Botha recruited Minister of Sports Piet Koornhof and Head of Military Intelligence General Tienie Groenewald to the CIA-Jew operation. Groenewald in particular passed on the names of Afrikanner nationalist and white rights activists to MI6 and the CIA, and arranged for acts of violence and harassment, COINTELPRO style, against Boer activists in the country.

In the late 1970s and the early 1980s the banking families, Oppenheimer in particular, began to speculate in the Rand for the purpose of devaluing the currency. Inflation rose to 7 percent and growth fell to 3 percent, with inflation reaching 16 percent in the early 1980s.

In 1989 a Freemason with ties to B’nai B’rith, the Jewish Masonic fraternity which controls the ADL, was elected President of South Africa. Presient Frederik De Klerk was a Jewish-backed candidate with ties to the international Zionist establishment. De Klerk worked for, and eventually achieved, the Jewish goal of black rule in South Africa.

Today, South Africa’s central bank is run by a Jew named Gill Marcus, with the black frontman named Tito Mboweni taking instructions. Trevor Manuel, a Jew, is the Minister of Finance. Alec Erwin, a Jew, is the Minister of Trade and Industry. Helena Dolny, the Jewish ex-wife of KGB Colonel Joe Slovo, runs the Land Bank. Ronnie Kasrils, a Jew, is the Minister of Water Affairs and Forestry. Louise Tager, a Jew, is chairman of the railway system, Spoornet. Michael Katz, a Jew,is the chief consultant on taxation. Meyer Kahn, a Jew, is the managing director of the police service. Three Jews — Richard Goldstone, Arthur Chaskalson, and Albert Sachs — sit on the South African Supreme Court

What has happened in South Africa under the name of “democracy” and “diversity” has been the Jewish takeover of their country. As with all Jewish governments, South Africa is now a failed nation. It is poor, it is crime ridden, and it is not safe to walk the streets.

The Jews wage war on anyone who opposes their total domination of the world’s economy. They also work to make sure they control the governments of every single developed country in the world. Jews use whatever tools they can — phony allegations of “racism” or pleas for “democracy”, for instance — to win stupid, thoughtless non-Jews to their cause, but all celebrated communist, socialist, “democratic” and/or anti-racist groups in the world are Jewish run and Jewish financed.

The only solution to the world’s Jewish problem is the extermination of Judaism. All other solutions, from expulsion to oppression, have failed, and the result is today’s total world domination by Jewish interests who are impoverishing, murdering, warring against and destroying the entire rest of the world’s six billion people.

Old June 3rd, 2009 #91
J.E.

Afrikaner_Broederbond Afrikaner_Broederbond

The Afrikaners were the German-Dutch rural Farmers of South Africa, who got sick and tired of the British colonialists riling up the negros against them,who would then come and rape their women and destroy their villages they decided to wrest control of the country from the British.

I would guess the only reason South Africa ever became a livable place was because Dutch farmers producing food in enough abundance to keep them alive.

to the British/Jewish colonialists, South Africa is a dank, dark hole from which to extract Gold Ore. the Boers actually started to make it a beautiful place. The niggers are always duped by Satan into attacking the people who are actually helping them by improving their standard of living, to the point they don't need to work down in that dank hole, which was the problem the Afrikaners were causing.

Quote:
This was the historical context in which the Broederbond emerged. The scorched earth policy of the British during the second Boer War devastated Boer (that is, rural Afrikaner farmer) lands. In British concentration camps, 27 000 Boer women and children had died. The Boer surrender at Vereeniging, though pragmatic, was deeply humiliating. Lord Milner's inflammatory policy of Anglicization simply rubbed salt into Afrikaner wounds, and a backlash was inevitable. The National Party and ultimately the Broederbond were the long-term and powerful results.[10]

Quote:
The precise intentions of the founders (Bruderbund) are not clear. Was the group intended to counter the dominance of the British and the English language,[7] or to redeem the Afrikaners after their defeat in the Second Anglo-Boer War? [8] Perhaps it sought to protect a culture, build an economy and seize control of a government[1]. The remarks of the organization's chairman in 1944 offer a slightly different, and possibly more accurate interpretation in the context of the post-Boer War and post- World War I era, when Afrikaners were suffering through a maelstrom of social and political changes: [9]
The Afrikaner Broederbond was born out of the deep conviction that the Afrikaner volk has been planted in this country by the Hand of God, destined to survive as a separate volk with its own calling.
In other words, the traditional, deeply-pious Calvinism of the Afrikaners, a pastoral people with a difficult history in South Africa since the mid-17th century, supplied an element of Christian predestination that led to a determination to wrest the country from the English-speaking British and place its future in the hands of the Afrikaans-speaking Afrikaners, whatever that might mean for the large black and mixed-race population. To the old thirst for sovereignty that had prompted the Great Trek into the interior from 1838 on, would be added a new thirst for total independence and Nationalism. These two threads merged to form a Christian National civil religion that would dominate South African life from 1948 to 1994.

Old June 14th, 2009 #92
Alex Linder
Administrator

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosl...s-started.html
Quote:
South Africa World Cup 2010... and the shooting's already started

Only 70 miles from a 2010 World Cup football stadium, a farmer's wife and a boy aged 13 learn to defend themselves with lethal weapons. They say thousands of white landowners have been killed by Zimbabwe-style marauders; their black rulers accuse them of belligerence and right-wing tendencies. Aidan Hartley reports on the war of words you won't read about in your World Cup holiday brochure.

By Aidan Hartley

Last updated at 2:31 AM on 14th June 2009

Farmers' wives learn how to defend themselves on a farm-attack prevention course near the Zimbabwean border in South Africa

Bella wakes. She hears a strangled, gurgling sound. It’s the dog, she thinks.

‘Peter, there’s something wrong,’ she says to her husband. Noises emerge from the room of her mother-in-law, who’s 98 and confined to a wheelchair.

It’s 1am. Bella gets up and walks out of the bedroom. In the hall she sees a young man who at first she thinks is her son. Except he’s black, wears a balaclava and is pointing a gun at her.

‘He comes for me,’ says Bella, her hand before her tear-stained face.

‘He’s going to shoot me! I trip as I run back to the bedroom. Peter comes to the door but he has nothing in his hand, no pistol. I hear a gun go off. I hear my mother-in-law screaming. I lock the door and telephone my son. I tell him: “I think they shot Pa!”’

Two men are outside the bedroom window with a rifle. She loads the pistol Peter keeps by the bed.

‘I take the gun and say, “Come on! I’ll shoot you!”’

Back in the hall she finds Peter dead, a trail of blood across the kitchen floor. Her mother-in-law Gerda is bruised and beaten.

‘I can’t tell you how hopeless I felt,’ Bella says. ‘I will see it in front of me for weeks, months, years.’

Vet's son Barend Harris (right), 13, learns to shoot

Days after Peter is cremated, the attackers return. The survivors are sleeping elsewhere by now, so the gang finds only the dogs in the house. They torture the animals with boiling water before soaking them in petrol and setting them on fire.

I ask Bella for a motive and she says a group of black South Africans who are squatting on their farmland have repeatedly threatened them.

After the family find the dogs, Bella’s son Piet calls the police. Weeks later the attackers are still at large; police arrested one man in connection with the killing but he was later released.

I am in her home. The bullet holes are still clearly visible. I ask her what she is going to do.

‘If we stay here they will kill us. You can’t say this was a dream, or rewind what happened. They want our land.’

This is Bella’s account of an attack that happened last month in South Africa, in the north-east of the country. Her home is a long way from the vineyards and beaches of Cape Town, but South Africa is to host the 2010 World Cup and five of the centres for players and the hundreds of thousands of tourists who will come with them are here in the north.

Preparations are in hand but this is against the backdrop of a country gripped by ultra-violence. Officially there are about 50 murders a day, and three times that number of rapes. Most victims are poor blacks in South Africa’s cities: reported deaths last year totalled more than 18,000.

But among the casualties of the violence are white farmers, whose counterparts in Zimbabwe are singled out for international press coverage; here in the ‘rainbow nation’ their murders, remarkable for their particular savagery, go largely unreported.

Farmer's wife Ida Nel learns how shoot an AK-47 and a pistol on a 'farm protection weekend'

There are no official figures but, since the election of Nelson Mandela in 1994, farmers’ organisations say 3,000 whites in rural areas have been killed. The independent South African Human Rights Commission, set up by Mandela’s government, says the number is 2,500.

Its commission’s report into the killings does not break down their figures by colour; but it says the majority of attacks in general - ie where no one necessarily dies - are against white people and that 'there was a considerably higher risk of a white victim of farm attacks being killed or injured than a black victim.'

It states that since 2006, farmer murders have jumped by 25 per cent and adds: 'The lack of prosecutions indicates the criminal justice system is not operating effectively to protect victims in farming communities and to ensure the rule of law is upheld.'

I have lived and worked in Africa for 20 years, reporting from countries all across the continent. I know that the truth is very hard to find here. Stereotypes are everywhere. Blacks give no credit to successful white businesses. Whites give no credit to the black populace, refusing stubbornly to acknowledge that they themselves are physical reminders of a brutal colonial past.

What is certain is this: since the mid-Nineties, 900,000 mainly white South Africans have emigrated from South Africa - about 20 per cent of the white population - most of them due to soaring crime rates. In an eerie parallel with Zimbabwe, farms have been reclaimed by unqualified workers.

Sonette Selzer a violinist, on her farm near Ermelo. She is trained to use a variety of guns and always carries a rifle over a shoulder and a pistol on her belt

Commercial agricultural production has taken a massive hit where land reform has occurred. And as the attacks on white farmers continue, the police seem increasingly powerless and ineffective, and farmers are turning to vigilante behaviour as their way of life comes under violent assault.

The ANC government's response to this has been largely defiant. As Charles Ngacula, Safety and Security Minister under the previous administration of Thabo Mbeki, said: 'They can continue to whinge until they're blue in the face, be as negative as they want to, or they can simply leave this country.'

Ida Nel is learning to shoot an AK-47 and a pistol on a 'farm protection weekend'. The course is being held only 70 miles from the 2010 World Cup venue of Polokwane. Ida is married to farmer Andre. They farm guavas and macadamia nuts near Levubu in Limpopo province.
'I'm used to guns,' she says. 'My dad taught me how to use one when I was a kid but I need to get confident and to know what warning signs to look out for in a farm attack.'

On the course with her are farmers, and their wives and children. Among the children is 13-year-old Barend Harris, the son of a vet, who brought his family 9mm gun. Those taking part in the weekend courses for about 50 people at a time learn to leopard-crawl with a gun and are taught self-defence (with knives and guns), how to look for signs that their homes are being targeted, bush tracking and how to shoot from a moving vehicle. They are given target practice with AK-47s, pistols, R4 and R5 assault rifles and 308 hunting rifles.

Driving around Mpumalanga Province, east of Johannesburg, in what used to be the Transvaal, I found myself called by the farmers to a string of grisly murder scenes. In some the blood was still drying on the furniture or the street. In others, witnesses gave me accounts of killings involving rituals of extreme brutality: of victims boiled alive, forced to kneel and shot execution style and tortured in ways so unimaginable they are too horrendous to print. The same goes for the many pictures I have been shown of the barely identifiable corpses and horrific crime scenes.

Sonette Selzer, who lives on a forestry holding with her husband Werner, has made sure that she and her two boys are weapons-trained. At home in Mpumalanga province, Sonette, who is a trained medic, claims she usually gardens with a pistol at her side and a rifle strapped to her back. She is fully armed as I arrive - rather conveniently, I think.

'It's very tiring but even in the garden you have to be alert to what's happening around you all the time. You can never, ever relax your guard,' she says.

When she hears of a man who got into a gunfight with three robbers she shakes her head: 'I'd hate to get into that situation. You need to finish it quickly.'

She gestures to her vicious-looking Ninja knives and I realise the chilling intent behind her words - you need to finish 'them' as quickly as possible.

She says she and Werner sleep in separate beds at either end of the house, with their guns and knives within easy reach. Their children Francois, 18, and Jaques, 16, are at boarding school in the nearby town.

'When they were very small they learned how to use guns and how to reload,' Sonette says of her boys.

Each dawn and evening the Selzers check in on the VHF radio with other members of the Farm Watch organisation, neighbours whom they find more reliable than the South African Police Service (SAPS). The couple are heavily armed, but what good will that do them if a group of attackers assault the house in the dead of night? The home is an ill-fortified outpost 40 minutes' drive from the nearest Farm Watch neighbours or SAPS station that could respond in the event of an attack.

'You must carry your gun and your Bible together at once,' says Werner Selzer.

And at the farmers' houses I visited, when grace was said at table, a semi-automatic rifle or pistol with extra magazines was prominently on display. (Once again, it's hard to say if they are just placed there for effect.)

Werner is adamant that only he can protect his family: 'The police say don't fight back. But you must fight back. It's the bullet or be slaughtered. If you're going to rape my wife and kill my children you must understand I have nothing to lose. But you can run away. And if I shoot back you will run away.'

Since the 19th century, Boer farmers were organised into farm militias known as Commandos. These defended rural communities from assault and, just over a century ago, they formed the vanguard of the rebellion against the hated British Empire.

'We kept the British busy until they killed our women and children in the concentration camps,' one man told me. The two Boer wars were as much of a catastrophe in their minds as the crisis now facing them.

'The Afrikaner Boer doesn't like war but we will fight if we have to - and the Africans are scared of us.'

Such right-wing sentiments have done the Boers no favours under the ANC, which suspected them of links to white extremist groups such as the neo-fascist AWB. In recent years the government has moved to disband the Commando units as part of a security plan to improve policing nationwide.

The Commandos had been accused of brutality towards black farm workers; indeed, there have been reports of belligerence and abuse by white farmers, leading to a sense of reciprocity about some of the recent attacks.

Danzel Van Zyl, a senior researcher at the Human Rights Commission, says: 'There is a feeling among black people that many white people have not come to the party yet. Reconciliation has only come from one side, and this is felt especially with regard to the farming communities. They are perceived to be conservative, with a block of them voting right-wing and for parties like (the ultra-right wing) Freedom Front Plus.

'Old ways still play out in a lot of rural South Africa, where you will see farmers keeping the seat next to them in their truck for their dog, while workers sit in the back. A lot of farmers were killed by disgruntled farm workers who had been maltreated by them.'

The family of murdered farmer Nico Boonzaier at his funeral

He adds: 'The increase in farm murders is also due to the removal of the Commando system. They were notorious and feared by farm workers. But the problem is, nothing came in place of them.'

He insists there is no concerted political campaign to drive out white farmers; but all parties agree on one thing: land ownership is the burning issue.

Twenty years after the end of apartheid, whites still own about three-quarters of the country's agricultural land. The ANC has sought to redistribute land to black South Africans by legal means. In this it has followed a radically different path to that of Robert Mugabe in neighbouring Zimbabwe, where the rule of law collapsed in the last decade as gangs of state-sponsored thugs drove off 6,000 white families.
In Mpumalanga, black South Africans are lodging hundreds of legal 'land claims' in which they must prove their rights to property based on family historical records. The land claims are adjudicated in court and, if successful, the state buys out white farmers at what the property owners themselves told me was a fair price.

But as a tribe of farmers, the Boers are resisting the loss of their land because, they say, it spells the end of a way of life for a community.

And this is what they claim has sparked bloody violence that they say is politically motivated all the way to the top of the ANC. The TAU, or Transvaal Agricultural Union, draws a link between land claims and attacks.

'When there is a farm claim I say "Look out!" because attacks may follow to scare the farmers,' says TAU regional director Piet Kemp.

This after all is the country where the President, Jacob Zuma, used as his election campaign song an old war chant from his days in the ANC's military wing, Mshini wami - 'Bring me my machine-gun'. And where YouTube posts include footage of Mandela singing another song, 'Kill the Boer, Kill the Farmer'.

Mugabe may be a pariah across the world but in South Africa he has long been given standing ovations and rapturous applause at ANC events.

Widow Tracey Pemberton is 41 but looks 20 years older and appears to be malnourished. She dreams of emigrating to the UK but her British husband died five years ago and she lives on a 200-hectare farm in a ramshackle cottage. The area, set among huge forests of planted pine, is so dangerous that on the main road outside Tracey's gate there are big signs that warn CRIME ALERT - NO STOPPING!

'I'm stupid to stay but I don't know where to go,' she says. 'It's awful to have to say "Who's that over there? What's that noise?" I definitely want to go. Because you're a woman and alone they take advantage of you. My husband had a British passport when he passed away. He'd had enough of struggling and failing in this country...'

By the eve of the elections that brought Zuma to power earlier this year the family had already been robbed six times over the years. Then one night Tracey was woken by noises from her mother Yvonne's room. She found a man sitting on top of the 65-year-old woman. 'I can't get that picture out of my mind.'

Farmers learn rural survival techniques on the farm-attack prevention courses

The attacker stabbed her mother 17 times, but miraculously she survived. Sonette Selzer rushed to the scene to help save her. But, insists Tracey, the harrassment continues. 'They switch on all the taps outside in the middle of the night to try to persuade you to go outside.' And she thinks they climb about on the roof, although it could be the branches from the oak tree brushing against the tiles.

My visit to Mpumalanga came immediately after crossing the frontier from Zimbabwe and what struck me was how similar the landscapes were after redistribution had taken place. Once productive maize fields now grow only weeds. Citrus orchards are dying, their valuable fruit rotting on the branches. Machinery lies about rusting. Irrigation pipes have been looted and farm sheds are derelict and stripped of roofing. Windbreak trees have been hacked down and roads are potholed.

Few of those being resettled on former white farms are qualified to work them. Commercial properties are becoming slums where the poor live a hand-to-mouth existence in mud huts, surrounded by subsistence patches of maize. Meanwhile, black workers are put out of their jobs without compensation.

'Now we are in big trouble,' says Messina, a black foreman at what was Figtree farm.

He says his employers had to sell, 'because their lives were in danger, definitely. This place is not safe any more.'

Messina says the land resettlement on his employers' property was orchestrated by black elite figures from town, not people close to the land.

'If you look at them they are driving smart cars. They want to look big in their four-by-fours. They say they will help us - but nothing. No job. We are suffering.'

For all South Africa's aims to be following the rule of law, there are comparisons here with Zimbabwe and other calamitous reforms under the banner of 'Africa for the Africans'.

'I saw people with heads cut off, horrible things,' says farmer Ockert van Niekerk as he sits his toddler daughter on his lap at home.

'The aim is to scare white people. The attacks are not just crimes. They're political. You don't wait for a farmer for eight hours, kill him and steal a frozen chicken. In warfare you learn to soften the target, and the aim is to break us mentally and spiritually.'

But he then tells, in alarming detail, how he would respond to an attacker: 'I will cut in seconds all the main arteries: the neck, gut and groin.' He whips out two knives from either pocket. 'I feel quite safe with these.'

What the farmers dub 'hit squads' are well armed with AK-47s, deploy in gangs and if they are ever arrested they are allegedly found to be from outside the district - 'recruited', the farmers say, from cities hundreds of kilometres away.

At a farmers' day, or Boerdag, in a marquee tent surrounded by maize harvesting machinery, I meet a string of farmers with attack stories. One elderly man too scared to be identified tells me how a gang broke in at five in the morning, tied him and his wife up, then got an angle grinder from the workshop and sawed into the flesh of his legs with the blade, demanding, 'I want money! You must talk!'

One of the gang picked up the couple's mobile phone and inadvertently called their daughter, who then had to endure hearing the robbery unfold in screams and shouts.

The more brutal and incredible the stories, the more doubt creeps in: are they over-egging this for political impact? Are they perhaps deeply racist at heart? But then I remind myself: I have seen the pictures and read the local newspaper reports. I've been to the funerals.

It is said that the signs always lead down a road to the farmstead: bunches of long grass knotted like corn dolls, the strands of wire fences twisted into cat's cradle configurations, and stones, tin cans and plastic bags stacked in circle and arrow patterns.

These 'attack signs', which can supposedly warn if trouble is coming to your farm, are a macabre coded language. Farmers widely believe in their existence; they have been decoded by Special Forces veterans.

At first I wondered if the 'attack signs' story was a result of mass hysteria. But the hairs on the back of my neck stood rigid when I began to see what appeared to be sets of signs outside farms near where attacks had already occurred.

Each sign is said to mean something: a forked stick signifies a woman in the house, the corn dolls map out the farm buildings and signs dubbed 'triggers' are set to either 'off' or 'on' - meaning 'attack'.

White farmers read these runes and arm themselves because they have nothing else. New police units promised to substitute the old Commando system have yet to be formed. And people isolated on remote properties are worried by the fact that licenses for their firearms are not being renewed.

Two young men suspected of being involved in the murder of a white farmer in the North West province are arrested

As a South African Police Service (SAPS) officer, Derek Jonker investigated 52 separate farm attacks and he says, 'There has been a decline in the abilities of the police. There is a power struggle in the police and investigators are not qualified.

'Crime prevention has collapsed totally,' he adds. 'And cops tracking cases lack experience and resources to gather evidence and arrest oenders. Dockets vanish and criminals get let out of jail.'

In the provincial town of Ermelo, I meet a policeman who's tired and angry. He says SAPS can't be bothered to fight crime any more. Only four out of 16 police vehicles at the station are still in working order. I ask what happens with the vehicles that are in working order. He shrugs and points across the street to Ermelo's main supermarket. And there they are: four police prowlers parked in a row. The police are inside doing their shopping while at a street corner crime scene that we've just come from, the blood still glistens wetly in the sunshine.

And at that murder scene I met another police officer who dismisses the idea that the ANC was involved in a conspiracy against white farmers.

It is much worse than that for South Africa as a whole, 'It's worse among the black people - all those rapes and killings,' he says. 'I feel sorry for these people. Everybody suffers, not just white people.

'You can buy an AK for a bag of maize meal. This causes hatred between blacks and whites - and this is boiling up to what? Every time it's very emotional because it's black against white, but you must think with your head and not your heart.'

As we talk I'm looking at the blood on the ground. It's the policeman's brother-in-law who just got shot.

'The whole criminal system is a balls-up for white and black people,' he says. 'We just don't need this.'

South Africa's proposed new law and order plans include better policing for those urban areas expecting visitors during the World Cup next year. It will be the most heavily policed World Cup in history, with 200,000 specially recruited officers and equipment ranging from surveillance cameras to water cannon.

But it will remain unnerving for those who travel that these brutal killings are happening within just a couple of hours' drive.

Old June 18th, 2009 #93
Alex Linder
Administrator

South Africa's rape epidemic

It isn't news that rape is an enormous problem in Sub-Saharan Africa, where victims are also highly likely to be exposed to HIV. But even knowing that, the results of a new survey conducted by South Africa's Medical Research Council (MRC) are still horrifying: More than one in four of the country's men admit to being rapists. And that's just the beginning. The heartbreaking statistics just keep coming: Three-quarters of rapists had committed their first offense as a teenager. Five percent had raped a woman or girl in the past year. Almost half were repeat offenders. And "men who are physically violent towards women are twice as likely to be HIV-positive... Any woman raped by a man over the age of 25 has a one in four chance of her attacker being HIV-positive."

And it isn't only women who have been affected by South Africa's rape epidemic. While 28 percent of men admitted to forcing themselves on a woman or girl, three percent confessed to raping a man or boy. Of those surveyed, a shocking one in 10 said they had been raped by another man.

MRC speculates the alarming statistics spring from the country's inability to shake off traditional ideas about the way men and women should relate to one another. " I think it is down to ideas about masculinity based on gender hierarchy and the sexual entitlement of men. It's rooted in an African ideal of manhood," said Professor Rachel Jewkes, who conducted the study's research. South Africa's Guardian & Mail notes that "Many [men] find it difficult to report such attacks to the police in subcultures where the concept of homosexuality is taboo."

Unfortunately, it's hard to know where to begin working for change in a country where supporters of new president Jacob Zuma protested outside the then-candidate's rape trial by proposing (in song) to "burn the bitch," his accuser. There should be aid and education, certainly, as well as an ample supply of female condoms to protect women from contracting HIV. But all of these Band-Aid solutions end up sounding like out-of-touch Western responses to a crisis that is years -- and perhaps generations -- away from subsiding.
― Judy Berman

http://www.salon.com/mwt/broadsheet/...h_africa_rape/

Old October 12th, 2009 #94
Marwinsing
Self-rated ***** 5 Star

Thumbs up South Africa: Agitprop Material- circulate far and wide

Folks, these are signature graphics that I've produced for a WN agitprop campaign preluding to the South Africa 2010 World Cup. They're also for general circulation purposes to get the black-on-white genocide message out that has been taking place in my country these last fifteen years. Feel free to download and circulate far and wide. Thank you. M. (PS: to Alex & VNN Admin. I've run off my own bat to do these, and have done them for another WN site also. I hope you don't mind, but it is for Our Cause - and the copy is clean - no slanderous language, etc)

Old July 10th, 2010 #95
alex revision

Painting of a Dead Nelson Mandela Sparks Controversy

CAPE TOWN, South Africa (July 10) -- A painting showing Nelson Mandela dead, half-naked and undergoing an autopsy has sparked outrage here amid speculation as to whether the ailing 91-year-old anti-apartheid hero is well enough to preside over the end of the World Cup this weekend.

http://www.aolnews.com/article/paint...frica/19549142

Old July 27th, 2010 #96
alex revision

White students plead guilty in racism video case

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...ljkoQD9H7FIDO2

BLOEMFONTEIN, South Africa — Four white former students pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges surrounding a video they made humiliating black university employees in a case prompting bitter protests that racism remains entrenched in South Africa more than a decade after the end of racist white rule.

The men pleaded guilty to charges of illegally and deliberately injuring another person's dignity. The video showed the employees being forced to consume food and drinks that appeared to be tainted with urine. The students later described it instead as a "harmless" liquid.

The court accepted the guilty plea and adjourned to Wednesday for closing arguments from attorneys on sentencing that is unlikely to include imprisonment.

The video, which was shot in 2007 at the University of the Free State some 250 miles (400 kilometers) southwest of Johannesburg, used the university employees to re-enact the initiation rights normally given to students trying to get into the residence hall. The employees included four middle-aged women and one man.

After the video first emerged in 2008, police dispersed stone-throwing students on the sprawling campus and classes were cancelled.

Students Roelof Malherbe and Schalk van der Merwe were banned from the campus and two fellow students living in the university accommodation known as the Reitz men's residence, Danie Grobler and Johnny Roberts, were implicted in making the video after they graduated and had left the campus.

The men's residence was also shut down after video received worldwide publicity.

The university in the city of Bloemfontein has been regarded as a bastion for Afrikaners, descendants of Dutch settlers who are often most closely linked with white apartheid rule.

Commentary on the video in the Afrikaans language included sarcastic references to the university's policy of integrating the campus dorms years after the end of apartheid.

Black students make up 60 percent of the Free State university's 25,000-strong student body. Most of the support staff are black but the teaching staff are mainly white.

Multiracial elections in 1994 ended decades of white rule in South Africa but racial undercurrents remained strong.

Amid tensions on the campus in 2008, lawyers for the students said although it appeared as if the food had been urinated on, a "harmless" liquid had been squirted from a bottle.

Apologizing in the statement, two of the students said they had been "crucified as racists" and regretted making the film, meant as a "satirical slant" on the issue of racial integration at the university hostels.

In a sign of the gravity of the case, South Africa's most senior prosecutor, Johan Kruger, appeared for the state Tuesday. Renowned defense attorney Kemp J. Kemp, who represented Jacob Zuma before he took office as president last year, represented the students. Prosecutors dropped the corruption charges against Zuma.

(This version Corrects that the video emerged in 2008)

Old August 25th, 2010 #97
alex revision

Holocaust centre for Jozi

FROM a costume museum to a holocaust and genocide centre. Joburg is to get its first holocaust centre, to open at the end of 2011.

Work on the Johannesburg Holocaust and Genocide Centre (JHGC), to be built on Jan Smuts Avenue in Forest Town, has begun, supported by the City of Joburg.

http://www.joburg.org.za/content/vie...#ixzz0xd70fUTS

Old December 12th, 2010 #98
alex revision

Petition seeks Goldstone’s ouster from Holocaust centers

December 12, 2010

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (JTA) -- Several hundred people have signed on to a petition seeking the removal of Richard Goldstone and Desmond Tutu as patrons of two Holocaust centers in South Africa.

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2010...locaust-center

Old December 23rd, 2010 #99
Alex Linder
Administrator

[came across this political cartoon, it's not recent]

Old December 23rd, 2010 #100
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

What's up with the shower nozzle on boss' head? I don't get that.

Thread