Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > The Personal Solution: Living White > Fighting, Guns and Weapons
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

View Poll Results: which is better
white martial arts 3 100.00%
asian martial arts 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Display Modes Share
Old May 3rd, 2013 #1
moviecritic
Banned

Default white martial arts vs asian martial arts

which is better
white martial arts such as boxing wrestling savate

or asian martial arts such as aikido judo jutjitsu karate kung fu taekwando etc
which is better

Old May 3rd, 2013 #2
Armstrong
Banned

That would depend so much on the individual practitioner, I'd think. There's a great deal of difference between boxers and boxers, and levels of expertise among practitioners of other martial arts as well.

One person can be deadly with their art, and another basically worthless in a fight.

Old May 3rd, 2013 #3
cillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post
That would depend so much on the individual practitioner, I'd think. There's a great deal of difference between boxers and boxers, and levels of expertise among practitioners of other martial arts as well.

One person can be deadly with their art, and another basically worthless in a fight.
Pretty much, and it really comes down to how you train. Imagine 2 guys in the same boxing club, one spends his hour skipping rope and doing situps, the other spends his time doing combination drills and sparring. Obviously the second guy will be a better fighter at the end of the year, and the first will be great at jumping rope.

Old May 5th, 2013 #4
moviecritic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post

if they had the same exprenice

Old May 6th, 2013 #5
MikeQuigley
Banned

Even if they had the same level of experience and the same work ethic and desire to win, it STILL comes down to the individual not the art. The UFC and others are not completely realistic but they're pretty close and you never know what's going to happen. Is the wrestler going to take his opponent down and lay on him or is he going to pound on him? Is the boxer going to jab jab jab and jab again while the opponent laughs at him or will he start throwing big straight rights and left hooks. Is the Karate man going to hop around on one foot flicking his toes out at the opponent or is he going to make a well placed shot in the bread basket or under the chin or nose?

Old May 7th, 2013 #6
Crowe

Most of the Asian martial arts that are brought into America are "casual Americanized", and are dumbed down versions of those respective disciplines compared to their countries of origin. Taekwondo is probably one of the biggest ones. I don't think anyone respects American Taekwondo as a serious martial arts.

That doesn't mean I'm suggesting the Asians are better. The White martial arts like Systema and Sambo, for example were created for war, and to destroy your enemies. Not this tae-bo bullshit created for soccer moms.

I see learning a martial arts as improvement, regardless of its origins. But only if you are getting the real deal, and not some casualized American dumbed down shit for soccer moms.

Old May 8th, 2013 #7
Longbaugh

Systema is not a white martial art. It's not even a martial art. It is a load of crap cobbled together from various forms of kung fu. Ryabko and Vasiliev are bullshit artists making bank on Westerners' gullibility. During the time period when they claim to have been training top, K.G.B. and SpetsNaz thugs in "the System", I know for a fact that the K.G.B. and Alpha were training in something entirely different.

One of these days, those two shysters are going to get one of their true believers killed.

From our people: W.W.II combatives and dirty boxing. From their people: Muay Boran and its immediate relatives. For real fighting, nothing else matters.

Old June 10th, 2013 #8
Reus Ibrahim

it's all good.. it is depend on how you practice the art and how you reflected it on your life, especially on your discipline to do that

Old June 28th, 2013 #9
T-80

The most complete is MMA/Vale Tudo. Very recomendable Muay Thai. Against knife attacks I recommend Krav Maga and also interesting Jeet Kune Do and similars. Donīt care about if a martial art is white or not. The important is efficiency.

Old June 28th, 2013 #10
MikeQuigley
Banned

While I studied Japanese Jiu Jitsu I also practiced in Judo which is the competition version of Jiu Jitsu. We also had the privilage of learning a little bit of different arts from the different instructors and their MA adventures over the years...... Then I went on to Kickboxing. Like throwing meat to the wolves.

Old June 29th, 2013 #11
T-80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeQuigley View Post
While I studied Japanese Jiu Jitsu I also practiced in Judo which is the competition version of Jiu Jitsu. We also had the privilage of learning a little bit of different arts from the different instructors and their MA adventures over the years...... Then I went on to Kickboxing. Like throwing meat to the wolves.

Good combination! I think is better to do more on contact like kick boxing than in technical like Judo, but you have a complete source, sure!

Thread