VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Showcase > Showcase
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old April 3rd, 2014 #61
John from Canada
Banned

I enjoyed the first show. Just downloaded the second will listen for a bit before going to bed. I usually download these shows to my phone so I can plug them into my car radio while I'm driving.

I'm also subscribing to this thread. So I will have a daily update and be able to download future episodes and listen to them in a timely fashion.

I was talking to a Jew a while back and he said that radio was the best medium for advertising because so many of us working schmucks have the radio on all day while we're working or driving to and from our jobs.

It's just too bad we don't have a WN channel on the satellite radio. I enjoy listening to Rich and Keith's Truth Militia and some of the hosts on Caroline Yeager's White Network. But I always have to remember to visit their sites and download some material. And I end up downloading a lot of old material and while it's still good, it would be nice to have the shows live, or at least as close to live as possible.

Short of having an actual WN broadcast medium running 24/7 what would really help someone like me is if we had a master list of WN programs with direct download links, and we could subscribe and receive updates by email whenever new material becomes available.

Old April 4th, 2014 #62
Thad Charles
Master Race

The second podcast is choppy as all hell for me to the point of being unlistenable. No problems with any other VNN broadcasts.

Old April 4th, 2014 #63
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad Charles View Post
The second podcast is choppy as all hell for me to the point of being unlistenable. No problems with any other VNN broadcasts.
On the streaming listen page? Try listening to just the mp3 file. It plays fine for me.

It is pure gold, pure meat. There is not a wasted word in it.

Last edited by varg; April 4th, 2014 at 04:39 AM. Reason: .

Old April 4th, 2014 #64
varg

Made a podcast feed for subscribing in iTunes, miro, gpodder, or whatever you use, so that you can have the broadcasts download automatically.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/HotdogPodcast

(I have to edit it manually, so don't expect an instant update once Alex publishes.. I'll probably update it on the same day though)

Old April 4th, 2014 #65
Alex Linder
Administrator

New show up today FRIDAY:

Pure Meat! Pure Gold! Show #003 (1:15), 4-4-14.

http://vanguardnewsnetwork.com/downl...-04-04-003.mp3

Last edited by Alex Linder; April 4th, 2014 at 11:14 AM.

Old April 4th, 2014 #66
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Langdon View Post
Great stuff Alex, just started on the second one now, funny you should mention the Goebbels "propaganda" on calvin.edu site, that's exactly what I was reading yesterday and it's truly amazing the similarities.
Notice how it's sharp as tho written yesterday. That can't be unless it's timeless truth.

Point second is it's more on point than anything conservatives have to say today. That shows they're withholding something or wrong about something.

Thanks for listening and letting me know.

I do shit for ears, not for my own benefit. I can sing and act like a monkey without recording it, believe me. I can also lecture to myself for hours on end and address people aren't technically "there," by the canons of customary representation.

Old April 4th, 2014 #67
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
You sounded comfortable and confident for those who don't already know you. For many people like myself, delivering facts is like playing one card at a time, whereas you played the entire deck. I can't think of too many people who are as committed at what they do as you are.
Well, thanks. I have raised up and trained to do this stuff my whole life, so hopefully I can get something across. I try to give people what I like. What I want to read, the points I would want to hear addressed. And to do it quickly, as most stuff seems too slow to me, I can smell the guy's point for hours before he gets there. And then lubricate it all with humor and music. That seems to work. But I would and will never speak in a way that will waste people's time. That's my ethic.

Last edited by Alex Linder; April 4th, 2014 at 08:50 PM.

Old April 4th, 2014 #68
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Were I you, I would keep banging that hot short chick Brevity. Always leave 'em wanting more, baby. Two 45 min single issue podcast are preferable to one 90 min broadcast.

I would also charge $20 to play a suggested song on The 'Dog, but I'm a salesman at heart.
Show 2, i started talking and next time i came up it was 54 minutes in. But like today, in 003, i went 1:15. And basically talked abotu 2 things. I'm still getting it all honed down, 45m to 2 hours is probably the natural range for me and most. It's like my language column, there I start off with 30 items, and by the time i've done 9 or 10, it's over 5,000 words. have to stop somewhere. here i had 6-7 pieces and used maybe 3 of them. but i have a whole thing i'm going to go into on Expertise. that will be for four, unless something intervenes. but it's like i said, sometimes you get the best out of yourself when you interrupt stuff to do it. because the bs departs. you get right to the heart immediately. like many times you write normally, you end up having to cut off the first half-dozen paragraph because it's boring prefatory bs. i blame college for this in part, the way they teach writing, to length, really distorts what is needed in the real world. which is short. and of course, colleges dont or cant teach aesthetic writing, which is basically just a talent. wilde would say genius is full born but mediocrity develops, but if you have a writing talent streak, you find others in your vein, and see how they produce their effects, and you can do it yourself. that will cmoe from private study, though, not from any kind of schooling. you can learn techniques or analysis from college, but not really artistry. you have to love something and feel it in you - and it's the same in painting and music, i would think. if you have those, then you're qualified to supply, if you can honestly do it, as always checking results against reality. often we love something, but it's not in us. then we are just fans, and that's fine.

Old April 4th, 2014 #69
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
You might open the next show with Immigrant Song by Led Zep: the ideal tune to induce in White men the urge to sack synagogues...
Well...just because you're you maybe I will. I find the Zep a real drag and downer. My sensibiliites are very poppy and light and quick compared to the heavy seventies stuff some of you are into. I like to try to talk about the most serious stuff in the lightest way. Again, it's a heightening effect as I talked about on today's show, 003. Need to confuse and disorient people. Scare them, tickle them, raise their hair, whatever it takes to get into them, to get them moving. Get their irises and vaginas to dilate so something new can get in there and begin percolating.

Old April 4th, 2014 #70
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Canada View Post
I enjoyed the first show. Just downloaded the second will listen for a bit before going to bed. I usually download these shows to my phone so I can plug them into my car radio while I'm driving.

I'm also subscribing to this thread. So I will have a daily update and be able to download future episodes and listen to them in a timely fashion.

I was talking to a Jew a while back and he said that radio was the best medium for advertising because so many of us working schmucks have the radio on all day while we're working or driving to and from our jobs.
Yep.

Like you, I often listen as last thing. I lie down when I need a nap and listen to a podcast for an hour. Not many I like though. I don't listen to any WN stuff, almost never. I've listened to some on minimalism or tv/movies, sometimes sports if there's a political angle.

Quote:
It's just too bad we don't have a WN channel on the satellite radio. I enjoy listening to Rich and Keith's Truth Militia and some of the hosts on Caroline Yeager's White Network. But I always have to remember to visit their sites and download some material. And I end up downloading a lot of old material and while it's still good, it would be nice to have the shows live, or at least as close to live as possible.
Live is ok... Podcasts are nice because they are simple to record and upload. Get into live and call-ins, it's always a technical hassle. But yes, a WN show on satellite radio would work just fine.

Quote:
Short of having an actual WN broadcast medium running 24/7 what would really help someone like me is if we had a master list of WN programs with direct download links, and we could subscribe and receive updates by email whenever new material becomes available.
I thought that was the rss stuff was. I thought all podcasts were on itunes or the other warehouses and you just signed up for them.

Well, our podcasts here, the hotdogs anyway, will be dated and numbered.

Old April 4th, 2014 #71
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I thought that was the rss stuff was. I thought all podcasts were on itunes or the other warehouses and you just signed up for them.

Well, our podcasts here, the hotdogs anyway, will be dated and numbered.
Yeah that's what podcasts are.. you can subscribe to them in itunes or other apps to automatically download and sync up with mp3 players.

He can subscribe to it to automatically download in a podcast program (itunes, miro, gpodder, etc) by adding this feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/HotdogPodcast

He's talking about a 24/7 live streaming radio I guess. I don't think they're all that great, unless you have fresh new content streaming the whole time they're not really worth it, plus they take more of a toll on bandwidth. Having old broadcasts queued up to stream on a 24/7 'live feed' is dumb, and you can't skip, fast forward, rewind, etc. like you can with downloaded podcasts.

Old April 4th, 2014 #72
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Yeah that's what podcasts are.. you can subscribe to them in itunes or other apps to automatically download and sync up with mp3 players.

He can subscribe to it to automatically download in a podcast program (itunes, miro, gpodder, etc) by adding this feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/HotdogPodcast

He's talking about a 24/7 live streaming radio I guess. I don't think they're all that great, unless you have fresh new content streaming the whole time they're not really worth it, plus they take more of a toll on bandwidth. Having old broadcasts queued up to stream on a 24/7 'live feed' is dumb, and you can't skip, fast forward, rewind, etc. like you can with downloaded podcasts.
yeah... it would make sense for The White Network maybe.

by the way, anyone can record podcasts and post them here. hell, we can host them on our server if need be, i don't see why not.

i use this, it's free: Sound Capture
http://download.cnet.com/SoundCaptur...-10079089.html

Old April 4th, 2014 #73
Thad Charles
Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
On the streaming listen page? Try listening to just the mp3 file. It plays fine for me.

It is pure gold, pure meat. There is not a wasted word in it.

that's what the problem was. I was streaming it. mp3 is fine of course

Old April 4th, 2014 #74
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Well...just because you're you maybe I will. I find the Zep a real drag and downer. My sensibiliites are very poppy and light and quick compared to the heavy seventies stuff some of you are into. I like to try to talk about the most serious stuff in the lightest way. Again, it's a heightening effect as I talked about on today's show, 003. Need to confuse and disorient people. Scare them, tickle them, raise their hair, whatever it takes to get into them, to get them moving. Get their irises and vaginas to dilate so something new can get in there and begin percolating.
Consider music choices for the podcasts like you would color choices for a flag: as you say, one may prefer light blue, but red is the color of Energy & Action; likewise, tunes with thunderous beats & riffs stir the blood, while Patti Smyth just stirs the loins....

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old April 5th, 2014 #75
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
New show up today FRIDAY:

Pure Meat! Pure Gold! Show #003 (1:15), 4-4-14.

http://vanguardnewsnetwork.com/downl...-04-04-003.mp3
All three shows have been dynamite so far man, truly enjoyable to listen to, and there ain't a lot of that out there in the WN media.

Listening to the 'dog is like watching Jeopardy! whilst engaged in a baby oil-lubricated game of naked Twister®. It's informative and entertaining.

Old April 5th, 2014 #76
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
I find the Zep a real drag and downer.
/shakes head

What the fuck is wrong with you musically? I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Old April 5th, 2014 #77
313Chris

I liked Forgot Your Name. Linder's made some good picks so far.

Zeppelin is kinda melancholy a lot of the time, Fool In The Rain being one exception.

Old April 5th, 2014 #78
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
/shakes head

What the fuck is wrong with you musically? I mean that in the nicest possible way.
What's wrong is I let the seventies die a natural death. Jesus. I can practically smell the Seeger around here.

Old April 5th, 2014 #79
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Chris View Post
I liked Forgot Your Name. Linder's made some good picks so far.

Zeppelin is kinda melancholy
Zeppelin is unrelievedly awful, depressing, decades-old, let-it-die classic-rock horrrorshit.

But my love for Donnie and NBF is so great...I'm going to play some Zep next show...because I care THAT MUCH.

Old April 5th, 2014 #80
Alex Linder
Administrator

The problem is everyone today is a big green fag. So if I play a bunch of music, then someone bitches about copyright or something. Then it's in the middle of a podcast, and I gotta ask Varg to go in and cut it out. No one can be cool about anything. Everyone is scared of guilt through association. Everything has to be legally considered, nothing can just be done and left alone, ever again it seems.

Last edited by Alex Linder; April 5th, 2014 at 05:18 PM.

Tags
#1, alex linder, broadcast, radio

Thread