Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 20th, 2004 #1
CadorBolin

Default Spanish fans shout racial epithets at Britannikwan football players

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004532921,00.html

In a saner world, most people would just shrug off attacks on their ethnicity in a sports setting.

I'm quite certain that the Brits like to insult players from other countries. But when the ridiculed players are nigs, the whole media establishment feigns moral outrage.

In reading the article, it reminded me of reading those ESPN.com sports articles that bragged about the superior divershitty of the Amerikwan sports teams.

Old November 20th, 2004 #2
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Default Peanuts are too light

Gives me an idea for a money making business. Instead of walking up & down the aisles peddling refreshments, peddle bananas and coconuts instead, as potential projectiles, Volks

Old November 21st, 2004 #3
Sumadinac

imagine those poor monkeys being compared to niggz by mean fans in Spain-
and Spain goes and wins anyway!:
-
Fifa have announced that they'll be contacting the Spanish Football Federation seeking an explanation into the racist chanting that dogged this week's U-21 and senior friendlies between Spain and England.
England's black players were subjected to a torrent of chants and monkey noises during Spain's 1-0 win in Madrid last night.

In a statement, Fifa said: "We are concerned about the latest surge of racism and harshly condemn this."
--
Spain coach Luis Aragones refused to criticise those guilty of racist chanting during last night’s clash with England.
Three England players were targeted for abuse by the Bernabeu support, and when repeatedly asked after the match if he would like to take the opportunity to condemn the chanting, Aragones simply said "No comment."

He added: "I am only interested in talking about football. I have always said it is something to do with my conscience."

The behaviour of the Spanish fans follows the remarks made by Aragones last month about Thierry Henry, ahead of Spain’s game with France.

Aragones claimed he was trying to motivate Henry’s Arsenal team-mate Jose Reyes in training when he made a racist slur against the Frenchman that was captured on TV.
Aragones has not personally apologised to Henry, and refused to comment on Wednesday’s incidents.

Old November 21st, 2004 #4
Xuxalina Rihhia
Banned

Hooray for Spain!!! BTW when the Latvians beat the "American" Team composed of Vandal Niggers, I cheered! I know that Latvians are more like the rest of us; Vandals are NOTHING like us at all!!!

Old November 24th, 2004 #5
Sumadinac

Real Madrid have made an official apology to Bayer Leverkusen’s Roque Junior for the racist taunts a small portion of the Bernabeu crowd dedicated to the Brazlian defender last night.
"Real Madrid ensure that if these kind of events took place, last night, during the game of the Champions League, they were so minority that nobody on the pitch and in the club was aware of them. However, Real Madrid rejects without palliatives such deeds, and this is the reason why Real Madrid has been the Spanish first club to condemn and repudiate the events that took place during the game played by the English and Spanish National teams," read a statement released by the Spanish club.
UEFA made it known today that they will need to wait for the referee’s report before taking any disciplinary action against the Merengues.
---
The General Sports Director of Real Madrid, Emilio Butragueño, also spoke about the events on Wednesday. In statements to the BBC, Butragueño confirmed that "at Real Madrid we are very sad, disappointed and angry about what happened. That incident does not represent Spanish football or Spanish football fans It was a good game of the National team tarnished by some idiots. Real Madrid, as a reference in the world of football, will work against racism and for unity for everybody. Spanish football cannot be represented by this group of savages

Thread