VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 18th, 2009 #101
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin View Post
Bump.

Hey, how well do those things work?
They work great. Really work the shoulders, triceps and chest. I recommend 'em.

Old October 11th, 2009 #102
COTW
Overseer

Has anyone heard of or tried the GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) diet? It basically replaces your water intake with milk and is supposed to be a really fast method of building muscle mass when done along with strength training.

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Old October 11th, 2009 #103
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker oftheWhip View Post
Has anyone heard of or tried the GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) diet? It basically replaces your water intake with milk and is supposed to be a really fast method of building muscle mass when done along with strength training.
If you drink a gallon of milk a day it had better be organic.

Quote:
rBGH (recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone), is a genetically engineered (GE) potent variant of the natural growth hormone produced by cows. Manufactured by Monsanto, it is sold to dairy farmers under the trade name POSILAC. Injection of this GE hormone forces cows to increase their milk production by about 10%. Monsanto and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) insist that rBGH milk is indistinguishable from natural milk and safe to cows and consumers. However:

* rBGH makes cows sick. Monsanto has been forced to admit to about 20 veterinary health risks on its Posilac label including mastitis and udder inflammation. * rBGH milk is contaminated by pus from mastitis induced by rBGH, and antibiotics used to treat the mastitis. * rBGH milk is contaminated by the GE hormone which can be absorbed through the gut and induce immunological effects. * rBGH milk is chemically and nutritionally very different from natural milk. * rBGH milk is supercharged with high levels of a natural growth factor (IGF-1), excess levels of which have been incriminated as major causes of breast, colon, and prostate cancers. * rBGH factory farms pose a major threat to the viability of small dairy farms. Thus, rBGH enriches Monsanto while posing risks but no benefits to the entire U.S. population. Link

Old October 11th, 2009 #104
COTW
Overseer

It's only to be followed for 30 days as a cheap alternative to powders and so the idea is that there won't be any harmful side effects in a 30 day period. Organic would be too expensive, you might as well just buy powders.

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Old December 8th, 2009 #105
Karl Lueger

Quote:
Originally Posted by COTW View Post
The Squats and Milk routine has been around since Roman times, or thereabout..
the classic bulking method, because it works.

Theres an interesting alternative I'm gonna order and try, SKYR,
from that amazing country Iceland.

first heard about it on a JonPall Sigmarsson video;

no-fat, low carb, high protein.

"Skyr (pronounced skeer) is a remarkable dairy product unique to Iceland.
A smooth, rich flavour and creamy thick texture gives all-natural skyr a distinct place of its own on the dairy shelf!
Now in fresh-fruit flavours, children and adults all love skyr!"

http://www.skyr.is/products/blueberry/

"Iceland is attempting to change the limited pattern of skyr consumption by exporting it to the U.S. (and possibly other countries, too).
However, as there are only two manufacturers of skyr in Iceland, production is somewhat limited at present, with hopes to expand it.
The manufacturer with which I’m familiar is MS Iceland Dairies, located in Selfoss, Iceland.
The company website can be found at: Skyr.is; there is a tab to click on for an English translation, but only one page is available in English, so the information you’ll find is limited. "

Rambo, John J.

Last edited by Karl Lueger; December 8th, 2009 at 03:46 PM.

Old December 8th, 2009 #106
Robert Bandanza
Banned

I have been walking regularly everyday and losing weight.

Old August 24th, 2010 #107
Tom Stanley

I just run

Old September 2nd, 2010 #108
Call Of The Blood
Jewfish Soup Nazi

Climbing stairs and biking are good ways to stay into shape.

Old September 2nd, 2010 #109
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12_w...eo_trainer.htm

Quote:
Introducing your own Daily Personal Trainer on Bodybuilding.com! Every day for the next 12 weeks, you get your own personal time, one-on-one, to learn everything you need to know about nutrition, setting goals, tracking results, lifting weights, and even choosing the right equipment and supplements for you.

And you get it all from one of the most respected trainers in the business, Kris Gethin! For over 10 years, Kris has been training men and women, old and young, beginner and expert to transform themselves into the best shape of their lives. Not only that, but he also transformed himself from overweight and out of shape to runner-up in the 2006 Natural World Bodybuilding Championship.

Kris has also worked as a writer and model for some of the largest health and fitness magazines and websites in the world. And he recently published his own book, "12 Weeks to Your Future Physique".

So get ready! You've always wanted to get in the best possible shape, but you've just been waiting for someone to help you make that first step and keep you moving down the right path. Well now you've got it with your own Daily Personal Trainer on Bodybuilding.com!
BodyBuilding.com has a huge site stuffed with information for any goal. Plans such as the one above all laid out for you, meal plans, videos showing how to properly complete more exercises than I have ever heard of, and a big forum. They also have good prices on supplements, blows gnc away.

If your interested in dropping a few pounds, or just toning up a little, its worth a look.

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Old April 11th, 2013 #110
keifer

I would like to try and breath some life back into this thread.

Old April 11th, 2013 #111
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
I would like to try and breath some life back into this thread.
Our son has lost 35lbs on Atkins and P90x , in the last month and a half.

Old April 13th, 2013 #112
Breanna
Eternal Glory

IMO the key to getting in shape is a high protein diet. Eat a lot of chicken, fish, meat, eggs, and so on.

Old April 13th, 2013 #113
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breanna View Post
IMO the key to getting in shape is a high protein diet. Eat a lot of chicken, fish, meat, eggs, and so on.
I have also changed my stance on steroids. I used to believe they were unnatural and unhealthy, but I think that they can benefit modern men if done in moderation as there is so much soy in foods and chemicals that artificially increase estrogens in the body. Extra testosterone is needed to balance those effects in my opinion.

Old April 13th, 2013 #114
Dan Smith
Banned

Quote:
I have also changed my stance on steroids. I used to believe they were unnatural and unhealthy, but I think that they can benefit modern men if done in moderation as there is so much soy in foods and chemicals that artificially increase estrogens in the body. Extra testosterone is needed to balance those effects in my opinion.
Extra artificial testosterone is simply converted into extra estrogen. I hear ads on radio trying to sell men a "boost in their manliness" and laugh, all they are boosting is their chances at gynecomasty.

Fat stores more estrogen than soy or chemicals leeching into the enviroment. Its easier to believe a fat guy can take a pill to increase his testosterone than it is to lose fat and lower his estrogen. So they take the t and it turns into estrogen and nothing happens.

Old April 13th, 2013 #115
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Whenever I think back to my 20's when I was in the best shape of my life, I look at where it got me and what it got me out of life, which makes the idea of trying to get back in good shape again pretty much pointless.

Old April 13th, 2013 #116
Dan Smith
Banned

Quote:
Which will cause your body to secrete stress hormones as it attempts to make blood sugar from protein instead of carbs. You will then burn muscle and store fat when you exercise. The pounds on your scale you see losing will be water, bone and muscle, while the fat stays put.

Old April 13th, 2013 #117
keifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ramsey View Post
Our son has lost 35lbs on Atkins and P90x , in the last month and a half.
This is an important confidence builder that will last a lifetime.
He will value your support all the way.

Old April 13th, 2013 #118
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Smith View Post
Extra artificial testosterone is simply converted into extra estrogen. I hear ads on radio trying to sell men a "boost in their manliness" and laugh, all they are boosting is their chances at gynecomasty.

Fat stores more estrogen than soy or chemicals leeching into the enviroment. Its easier to believe a fat guy can take a pill to increase his testosterone than it is to lose fat and lower his estrogen. So they take the t and it turns into estrogen and nothing happens.
It can have a positive effect on guys who are already in shape though.

Old April 13th, 2013 #119
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Smith View Post
Which will cause your body to secrete stress hormones as it attempts to make blood sugar from protein instead of carbs. You will then burn muscle and store fat when you exercise. The pounds on your scale you see losing will be water, bone and muscle, while the fat stays put.
Then what is your suggestion Dan? I do have a tendency to lose large amounts of weight only to gain it back soon after loosening the restrictions on my diet.

Old April 13th, 2013 #120
Dan Smith
Banned

Quote:
It can have a positive effect on guys who are already in shape though.
In shape, yes. The less bodyfat, the less artificial testosterone converts to estrogen, so that is why you can build huge muscles with it that way, if you are fat, t is useless and probably counter productive. Is increased agitation, aggressiveness and mood swings a positive effect? You can build bigger muscles than nature allows, with it. Its not a supplement though, (unless you are castrated.)

Thread