VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 13th, 2013 #121
Dan Smith
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breanna View Post
Then what is your suggestion Dan? I do have a tendency to lose large amounts of weight only to gain it back soon after loosening the restrictions on my diet.
Do you have cold hands and feet?

Old April 13th, 2013 #122
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Smith View Post
Do you have cold hands and feet?
No, not really, why?

Old April 13th, 2013 #123
keifer

Quote:
Then what is your suggestion Dan? I do have a tendency to lose large amounts of weight only to gain it back soon after loosening the restrictions on my diet.
Loosening the restrictions on your diet sounds like the barrier to your goals.

Old April 13th, 2013 #124
Dan Smith
Banned

If your body temp is normal then it's not your metabolism. You need to count your calories.

Old April 13th, 2013 #125
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
Loosening the restrictions on your diet sounds like the barrier to your goals.
I am only able to get myself to a low weight with extreme calorie restriction, and after a month or two of that I get tired of being hungry and I can't take it anymore.

Old April 13th, 2013 #126
Dan Smith
Banned

Quote:
I am only able to get myself to a low weight with extreme calorie restriction, and after a month or two of that I get tired of being hungry and I can't take it anymore.
How many calories?

Old April 13th, 2013 #127
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Quote:
How many calories?
Right now I am still nursing and I eat ~1800-2000 calories a day (milkmaking uses up ~500 cals/day or so I've read). I find it hard to measure exactly how much I am eating as I don't weigh the food I just measure it by cups. My BMI is 21.0 but I look my best when it is ~17-18; I have another 15 pounds I would like to lose.

Old April 13th, 2013 #128
Dan Smith
Banned

I suspect its your metabolism. Take your temperature under your armpit when you wake up in the morning. If its under 98.6° there is your problem.

Old April 13th, 2013 #129
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Quote:
I suspect its your metabolism. Take your temperature under your armpit when you wake up in the morning. If its under 98.6° there is your problem.
It is ~97 before ovulation and ~97.8 afterwards, does that mean I have a slow metabolism? I take it by mouth rather than under my arm though.

Old April 13th, 2013 #130
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
Dave Draper, a personal friend of mine of over 30 years, has a great website that has all of the information you will ever need to build a super Aryan body.
A "super Aryan body"? You're trying to look like people in India?

I don't know about Asian Indians, but I hope these American Indians can motivate you to be as athletic as them.

The Men Who Live Forever

Quote:
In the hills of Mexico, a tribe of Indians carries an ancient secret: a diet and fitness regimen that has allowed them to outrun death and disease. We set out to discover how the rest of us can catch up...

The phantom Tarahumara Indians are said to have found a way to party all their lives and never pay the consequences, living on a diet of carbs and beer but still being able to hop up and run more than 100 miles at a time, even in their 60s...

When it comes to the top 10 health risks facing American men, the Tarahumara are practically immortal: Their incidence rate is at or near zero in just about every category, including diabetes, vascular disease, and colorectal cancer. Age seems to have no effect on them, either: The Tarahumara runner who won the 1993 Leadville ultramarathon was 55 years old. Plus, their supernatural invulnerability isn't just limited to their bodies; the Tarahumara have mastered the secret of happiness as well, living as benignly as bodhisattvas in a world free of theft, murder, suicide, and cruelty.

Old April 13th, 2013 #131
Dan Smith
Banned

Quote:
It is ~97 before ovulation and ~97.8 afterwards, does that mean I have a slow metabolism? I take it by mouth rather than under my arm though.
Its important you do it under your armpit immediately after you wake up from a long sleep. Any other way don't give the desired result.

Old April 13th, 2013 #132
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Right now I am still nursing and I eat ~1800-2000 calories a day (milkmaking uses up ~500 cals/day or so I've read). I find it hard to measure exactly how much I am eating as I don't weigh the food I just measure it by cups. My BMI is 21.0 but I look my best when it is ~17-18; I have another 15 pounds I would like to lose.
Breanna!! If your BMI is 21.0 you are not overweight. In fact, you are pretty much perfect. 17 - 18 is, particularly for a woman, underweight.

Not my place to give advice, but think about it. Be careful.

When I got out of boot camp (US Navy) in 1968 I was 6' 1/2". I weighed 149 pounds. That's a BMI of 19.9. I'd say 17 - 18 is well underweight.

Mike

Old April 13th, 2013 #133
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Denver View Post
When I got out of boot camp (US Navy)
And what was your rate?

Old April 13th, 2013 #134
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.M. Valdez View Post
And what was your rate?
I went from boot camp in San Diego to communications school in Florida. I was a CTR. I left active duty in Dec. 71 a CTR2.

Mike

Old April 13th, 2013 #135
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Quote:
Breanna!! If your BMI is 21.0 you are not overweight. In fact, you are pretty much perfect. 17 - 18 is, particularly for a woman, underweight.

Not my place to give advice, but think about it. Be careful.

When I got out of boot camp (US Navy) in 1968 I was 6' 1/2". I weighed 149 pounds. That's a BMI of 19.9. I'd say 17 - 18 is well underweight.

Mike
I prefer being a little bit underweight. My waist is more defined and my figure gets closer to the desirable 'hourglass' shape when I am slightly underweight.

Those temps were taken orally first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. I used to record them on a chart to gain more awareness of my fertility cycles.

Old April 13th, 2013 #136
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

Quote:
I went from boot camp in San Diego to communications school in Florida. I was a CTR. I left active duty in Dec. 71 a CTR2.
And were you attached to any actual infantry units in Vietnam?

Old April 13th, 2013 #137
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
And were you attached to any actual infantry units in Vietnam?
Nope! I had three room mates at Texas A&M University. We all either got drafted, enlisted, or got commissions. One of my room mates died three months in; one died sooner than that...never found out the details; one was an artillery officer for 13 months in country and came back without a scratch. I spent two years in Southern Spain, living in a rental house a block and a half from the beach (Atlantic - not The Med.) with a super-model beautiful English girl, smoking hashish, drinking wine and traveling about. Then about a year in the Aleutian Islands to dry out.

I think I won the lottery.

Mike

Old April 13th, 2013 #138
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

Quote:
I think I won the lottery.
Maybe it's because you chose to be a POG who skated through the war without any real deployments instead of being a field corpsman.

Old April 13th, 2013 #139
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Maybe it's because you chose to be a POG who skated through the war without any real deployments instead of being a field corpsman.
Yep! It's a terrible burden I carry.

Mike

Old April 13th, 2013 #140
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

Quote:
Yep! It's a terrible burden I carry.
I don't hold it against anyone; at least you're more honest than Spew, who tries to brag of his campaign medals being personal decorations.

Thread