Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 27th, 2005 #41
ngrh8r
Banned

After reading several posts in this thread comparing size with fighting ability, I have to put in my 2 cents. I'm 5'8" and 175 lbs. My max bench is about 225, curl is 130, and squat about 240. I'm 25 now, and I've trained in various martial arts since I was a kid. Now, my sparring partner is one of those freaks who has 20 inch biceps and can bench 500, all without regular strength training. When it comes to standup, he can't compare to my handspeed, and is rarely able to block my kicks. My punching power is also superior to his, HOWEVER, when it comes to grappling, he can throw me around like a ragdoll. I'm no slouch on the mat either, with experience in both wrestling and jiu-jitsu. It is also true that extra muscle is a good shock absorber. I've seen him take a good dozen leg kicks and stay on his feet. The last guy I fought who was my size suffered a brocken femur after 1.
Being huge will not guarantee that you can kick ass, but it sure doesn't hurt, either. The size is also damn intimidating, and personally, I'd rather have someone avoid me than challenge me and loose.

Old July 27th, 2005 #42
Nordraserei
Völkermord

His arms are out of proportion or something. Look at how big his biceps are and then look at how small his forearms are. There is an article says he was injecting into the muscle and the drug he was using causes localised growth at the site of injection.
http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=211hate
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus
Do any of you chumps want to arm wrestle?

Old July 27th, 2005 #43
Subrosa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie
As for getting in shape I have just recently (and finally) started riding my bicycle to school and to the library. Not only will it be healthy for me but much better for the environment and saves all the hassles of dealing with traffic, accidents, gas prices etc.

Its going to take me a few months to really get used to it after years of riding everywhere on the public bus but it will definately be worth it in the end. Pretty much ruins my chances with girls I guess since having a car is a big thing but I dont really care.
Georgie, just give them a ride on your handlebars

Bike riding is the best form of cardio, IMO. Just don't start looking like Lance Amerstrong, that is one skinny dude. Eat right, get the right combos of Protein, fats and carbohydrates. Do that and work out, and you'll be Mr. Conspiracy USA in no time!

Of course, I don't think that will go well with the musician look, which is mostly skinny longhaired hippy type personnel.

Old July 29th, 2005 #44
Lagergeld
Tard Corralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrosa
Bike riding is the best form of cardio, IMO. Just don't start looking like Lance Amerstrong, that is one skinny dude. Eat right, get the right combos of Protein, fats and carbohydrates. Do that and work out, and you'll be Mr. Conspiracy USA in no time!

Of course, I don't think that will go well with the musician look, which is mostly skinny longhaired hippy type personnel.
I've heard that about cycling being the best form of cardio. A guy I know at work is saying its amazing, and he's been a bodybuilder for years.

I still haven't learned about balancing foods very well though, just general common sense nutrition.

Old July 29th, 2005 #45
Faceless Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrh8r
After reading several posts in this thread comparing size with fighting ability, I have to put in my 2 cents. I'm 5'8" and 175 lbs. My max bench is about 225, curl is 130, and squat about 240. I'm 25 now, and I've trained in various martial arts since I was a kid. Now, my sparring partner is one of those freaks who has 20 inch biceps and can bench 500, all without regular strength training. When it comes to standup, he can't compare to my handspeed, and is rarely able to block my kicks. My punching power is also superior to his, HOWEVER, when it comes to grappling, he can throw me around like a ragdoll. I'm no slouch on the mat either, with experience in both wrestling and jiu-jitsu. It is also true that extra muscle is a good shock absorber. I've seen him take a good dozen leg kicks and stay on his feet. The last guy I fought who was my size suffered a brocken femur after 1.
Being huge will not guarantee that you can kick ass, but it sure doesn't hurt, either. The size is also damn intimidating, and personally, I'd rather have someone avoid me than challenge me and loose.

A man of 6' 4" stature or higher versus a 5' 8" man. Who do you think would win in a fight?

With your kind of thinking, you're bound to get yourself killed some day... Especially if your opponent is a nigger who hates racist Whiteys.

Old July 31st, 2005 #46
Subrosa
Banned

Default Oh Lagers, where would you be without me?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagergeld
I've heard that about cycling being the best form of cardio. A guy I know at work is saying its amazing, and he's been a bodybuilder for years.

I still haven't learned about balancing foods very well though, just general common sense nutrition.
Here ya go, you gymbunny you.

These two sites are one of the few good things your tax money buys. Check them out. Explore them.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/
http://hin.nhlbi.nih.gov/menuplanner/menu.cgi

At these sites you will find out about the relationships between carbs/fats/startches/proteins, exchanges, creating your own menu, all kinds of good stuff.

Why, even our two resident 400 and 600 pound hefers on this board could benefit from this knowledge.

One thing though. You can eat right 'till the err...cows come home but if you don't do some kind of exercise it will be in vain.

May I suggest some hindu pushups and two legged pistol squats

Old August 23rd, 2005 #47
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
You know, I had thought that before, but said to myself, "Not even a bonesmuggler with purple/pink triangle for his business logo could be that fruity."

But I was wrong.

That is the most pencil necked faggot I've ever seen. How he does he keep his head up?
That head looks photoshopped doesnt it?

Old August 23rd, 2005 #48
brutus

I don’t know John Basedow or whether or not if he’s a fag. But there is something to be said for his emphasis on the abdomen exercising.

When the abdomen is distended from lack of exercise and or obesity this causes many other physiological problems. Primarily from the various internal organs becoming misshapen. The liver, kidneys, spleen, stomach, and the rest of the internal organs give their optimum performance when they are in their proper and natural shape. The sagging and expansion of the abdomen will exert pressure that will cause these organs to either expand or impinge their natural shape and invariably impede many of the their normal bodily functions. The distended abdomen will also cause the diaphragm to push up into the plural cavity and reduce lung capacity. There can also be shifts in body alignment that will put stress on the skeletal and other soft connecting tissues of the body that hinder balance and further reduce overall bodily functions.

The abdominal muscles are unique among muscle groups as they can be vigorously exercised on a daily basis with no need for a recuperative day in between workouts.

Old September 1st, 2007 #49
Alias1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kievsky View Post
Keep this in mind, folks. If you find yourself in 19th century Dickensian conditions, doing 10 hours of manual labor a day and wrecking your body, remember my words. If you do yoga a few times a week, you'll save yourself.

Rob
Another good source is www.mattfurey.com. He has alot of stuff. I have his combat conditioning and his Gama fitness. And believe me, combat conditioning is all you'll need from this guy. I guarantee that combat conditioning alone will kick your ass. From my experience, I find that it's good to work out with weights and do combat conditioning at the same time. And the only supplements I use is "WHEY IsoBurst". (protein supplement).

Old September 1st, 2007 #50
John in Woodbridge

I can stand to loose about 20 pounds, so I've been getting back into bicycling (along with some diet change). I bought a Rans Bike. These guys also make airplanes. The Fusion is a crank-forward design, which is a cross between a recumbent and a hybrid. It's an excellent bike.

Old September 22nd, 2007 #51
H.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
When the abdomen is distended from lack of exercise and or obesity this causes many other physiological problems. Primarily from the various internal organs becoming misshapen. The liver, kidneys, spleen, stomach, and the rest of the internal organs give their optimum performance when they are in their proper and natural shape. The sagging and expansion of the abdomen will exert pressure that will cause these organs to either expand or impinge their natural shape and invariably impede many of the their normal bodily functions. The distended abdomen will also cause the diaphragm to push up into the plural cavity and reduce lung capacity. There can also be shifts in body alignment that will put stress on the skeletal and other soft connecting tissues of the body that hinder balance and further reduce overall bodily functions.

The abdominal muscles are unique among muscle groups as they can be vigorously exercised on a daily basis with no need for a recuperative day in between workouts.
Thanks for this information, Brutus.

There is a huge fallacy about training the abs. People say if you want to have a smaller waist, doing ab work isn't going to help you because it doesn't "burn fat on the waist." Well, of course it does not, but if you keep your abs in shape, your waistline will actually shrink - I have seen this from personal experience.

About six months ago, I was getting hernia-like symptoms. It turns out nothing was torn, just stretched - while I had trained hard for many years in many areas, I neglected abs. I started doing leg raises and sit-ups regularly and those symptoms never came back.

Also, I have had acid reflux for at least eight years. As of the past six months, that seems to have been reduced greatly by doing ab work.

Old September 22nd, 2007 #52
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

No shit? The blond Bomber himself?

Old December 14th, 2007 #53
Zyonasan
The last hope for humanity

Here's something that pretty cool I thought i'd share. Negative calorie foods.

basically, its a food that takes more energy to digest than what it is worth. for example these foods are mainly high fiber densly packed dark green vegetables like broccoli celery and spinach.

for each of these vegetables, eating about a cup will yield roughly 75 calories but it takes a little over 200 to digest. Of course i'm talking about the raw vegetable with no extra oils or "dressings" added.

Old December 14th, 2007 #54
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Beast View Post
Thanks for this information, Brutus.

There is a huge fallacy about training the abs. People say if you want to have a smaller waist, doing ab work isn't going to help you because it doesn't "burn fat on the waist." Well, of course it does not, but if you keep your abs in shape, your waistline will actually shrink - I have seen this from personal experience.

About six months ago, I was getting hernia-like symptoms. It turns out nothing was torn, just stretched - while I had trained hard for many years in many areas, I neglected abs. I started doing leg raises and sit-ups regularly and those symptoms never came back.

Also, I have had acid reflux for at least eight years. As of the past six months, that seems to have been reduced greatly by doing ab work.
Here's the neat thing about the science of exercise...if you wait long enough, something will come out and reverse what you thought you knew.

For example, for many many years, folks advocated targeting specific body parts for 'spot reduction'...like doing abs to get rid of belly fat...then some studies came out that pretty much negated this, saying that fat loss was a full-body affair...

Now...there are some relatively recent studies that cite some pretty good evidence that targeted 'spot reduction' is indeed possible. Not with laser-like precision, but with enough of a result to be measureable.

Bottom line is just to eat right and move your ass...and a lot of the rest will take care of itself.

Old December 14th, 2007 #55
cillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelWithACause View Post
Bottom line is just to eat right and move your ass...and a lot of the rest will take care of itself.
exactly, any form of exercise is better then no exercise

Old August 9th, 2008 #56
COTW
Overseer

I recently decided that it was time to get rid of the extra pounds that I was carrying and have changed my diet drastically. Gone are the daily breakfast/lunch trips to some fast food place, gone are the near daily intake of junk food. I’ve gone the organic route for several weeks now along with a weight lifting regimen 3 days a week and have lost several pounds thus far. So, with that said I’d like to pose a question or two to anybody that can answer.

I’d have no problem with eating the same foods everyday and such a diet would be a lot easier to keep stocked and quickly prepared.
Is there a fixed daily meal plan that I could follow that would provide all the essential nutrients for building muscle?
Is there an accurate method to determine how many calories I should consume to keep from gaining fat again?
I’ve read that high reps with low weights tones the muscles and low reps with high reps builds muscle but is there any truth to that or does weight lifting gain muscle mass regardless?
At the moment I’m on a full body workout covering the muscles groups of the chest, shoulders, arms, legs and abs. I’m lifting as much as I can for 2 sets of 12 on an average of about 4 exercises per muscle group. Should I do anything differently?

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Old August 9th, 2008 #57
Dan_O

Love Draper and all but, that guy has eaten more Dianabol than I could possibly get my hands on right now. Same for Arnold, Franco, Lou, etc. Back in the 60's/70's gyms sold d-bols at the front desk.

Dianabol / D-bol (methandrostenolone)

Dbol - Methandrostenolone

This was more or less the second Anabolic Steroid ever produced. The first, as we all know was Testosterone, which was produced in the early 1900´s and experimented with by Nazi´s in WW2, in an attempt to produce a better soldier.

Russian Dianabol and Team Sports History

Russian athletes in the 1953 World Championships as well as the Olympic games then used testosterone with great success. After that, John Zeigler, who was a doctor working with the US Weightlifting Team, began a cooperative project with Ciba to develop an equalizer for US atheletes. Flash forward to 1956 and enter Dianabol ; the original trade name for Ciba´s Methandrostenolone... but called "Dbol" by athletes. The original package insert said that 10mgs/day was enough to provide full androgen replacement for a man and Dr.Zeigler recommended that athletes take 5-10mgs/day. Incidentally, this is also the dose that Bodybuilders were reputed to take from then until roughly the 1970´s. Yeah, this was allegedly Arnold´s dose, Zane´s dose, etc... simply stacked with some testosterone. (For any trivia buffs out there, Dan Duchaine´s mail order steroid business operated under the name "The John Zeigler Fan Club").

Dianabol Steroid Use

Enough with the history lesson, lets get into what this stuff is, and what it does. Well, first off, it´s usually found in pill form, though it can be found as an injectable also (Under the Trade name: Reforvit-B, which is 25mgs of methandrostenolone mixed with B-vitamins). It is a 17aa steroid, which means it has been altered at the 17th Carbon position, to survive its´ first pass through your liver, and make it into your blood stream. It´ll raise your blood pressure (4) and is also hepatoxic (Liver-Toxic), so be careful with it. Although I have known people to take up to 100mgs/day of this stuff and not suffer any ill-effects, and one study looked at that exact dose, and the people involved didn´t suffer any intolerable side effects ( 7). Lets examine this particular study a bit further, though:

In this study, done in the early 80´s, a very high dose of Dbol (100mgs/day for 6 weeks) decreased plasma testosterone to about 40% of it´s normal value, plasma GH went up about a third, LH dropped to about 80% of it´s original value, and FSH went down about a third also (these are all approximate numbers, for the sake of brevity, but you get the idea). Body fat did not go up significantly and Fat Free Mass went up anywhere between 2-7kgs (3.3kgs average gain). The researchers concluded that Dbol increases Fat Free Mass as well as increasing strength and performance. I can only agree, having found this to be the case for me when I did my first cycle (which was 6 weeks of dbol alone at 25mgs/day), I gained roughly 25lbs and kept nearly ½ of it. Since then, Dbol has always had a special place in my heart.

Dianabol Side Effects

As with many other 17aa steroids, Dianabol is also a very weak binder to the Androgen Receptor, so most of it´s effects are thought to be non-receptor mediated, and are attributable to other mechanisms (i.e. protein synthesis as indicated by the production of muscle tissue with very high levels of nitrogen, etc... which was indicated in the 100mg/day study). This also means it only has a modest aromatase activity (2).

How strong is Dbol? Well...on a mg for mg basis, most people agree that it´s stronger than A50...but the reason most people don´t get the same gains off of Dbol is that almost nobody takes equivalent doses (I mean...I´ve heard of people taking 150mgs of A50, but not Dbol, even though the dbol would probably provide more solid gains and be less toxic, I suspect).

So how do we incorporate this stuff into our AAS regimen? Clearly, the inclusion of Dbol at any point in a cycle would contribute to gains, however, I´d speculate that Dbol is most regularly used for 2 reasons:

At the start of a cycle to "Kick Start" gains
As a "Bridge" between cycles, to maintain gains

Old August 9th, 2008 #58
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker oftheWhip View Post
I recently decided that it was time to get rid of the extra pounds that I was carrying and have changed my diet drastically. Gone are the daily breakfast/lunch trips to some fast food place, gone are the near daily intake of junk food. I’ve gone the organic route for several weeks now along with a weight lifting regimen 3 days a week and have lost several pounds thus far. So, with that said I’d like to pose a question or two to anybody that can answer.

I’d have no problem with eating the same foods everyday and such a diet would be a lot easier to keep stocked and quickly prepared.
Is there a fixed daily meal plan that I could follow that would provide all the essential nutrients for building muscle?
Is there an accurate method to determine how many calories I should consume to keep from gaining fat again?
I’ve read that high reps with low weights tones the muscles and low reps with high reps builds muscle but is there any truth to that or does weight lifting gain muscle mass regardless?
At the moment I’m on a full body workout covering the muscles groups of the chest, shoulders, arms, legs and abs. I’m lifting as much as I can for 2 sets of 12 on an average of about 4 exercises per muscle group. Should I do anything differently?
One of the reasons why I stopped posting in the Fitness area on Stormfront is because of all of the armchair 'experts' that absolutely KNOW they are the end-all, be-all authority on whatever it is they're posting about.

Simply put - I got tired of people that were full of shit.

There's no easy answer to give you. Personally, I'd suggest against a full body workout and go to a 5 or 6-day workout schedule that hits something different every day.

A lot of this stuff is 'personal preference' as everyone's body is different and will react differently to the same workout/diet plan.

I strongly suggest you go to bodybuilding.com and use their excellent search engine for their site to find the information that will work for you. Their site provides a valuable resource for me on a daily basis.

(They also have online calculators to help you figure out your optimum caloric intake, etc. Just keep in mind that everyone is different and there's no such thing as a cookie-cutter plan that helps and works for everyone. You're going to need to play with different things to see what works for you.)

Above all - keep a written log and journal of your nutrition, workouts, and stats. It helps you maintain focus and it also lets you look back to see what was really working and what wasn't. (Providing you include complete data.)

Old August 9th, 2008 #59
cillian

This is what I do:

Monday Lats
Tuesday Triceps
Wednesday Calves
Thursday Biceps
Friday Chest
Saturday Quads
Sunday Shoulders

Wednesday and Sunday are practically days off, and the workouts tend to be short, but should be done to exhaustion.
Or you can group lats with biceps, and chest with triceps.

Last edited by cillian; August 9th, 2008 at 12:01 PM.

Old August 9th, 2008 #60
COTW
Overseer

Most articles that I've come across state that the body only needs one day off after a workout to "recover". What would be the advantage of working one group of muscles per week as opposed to all groups 3 times a week?

Thx for the link rebel, I'll check it out.

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Thread