......................... .

in some ours bars this bier is banned:

becouse it has red communist star...and that we dont like

Old January 11th, 2009 #82
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Grant View Post
I fell in love with the idea of brewing beer some 8 years ago… this thread is great and Donnie great writing… Just recently cancelled my subscription for beer of the month www.BeerMonthClub.com
I truly had no option… yet I am delighted by the selection of beers sent and they had this little piece of paper where they would outline the different brew's that were sent. I would grab a unique cold one and read the description of the beer and really have a good time. I believe that is the true responsible way to drink… well okay there are other reasons as well but to think that I didn’t have a formaldehyde watered down bud in my hand made it even better. And to this day, since I started brewing, I have set my sights on opening a brew pub. But first thing first. By this I mean that I must start growing hops. And when spring hits I will try my hand at it for the first time.. I think I’m a hop junkie too, who isn’t? When it comes to enjoying nature, the legal way, then a simple cascade hop starter kit can really bring a family together.

Thanks, bro.

If you can find it, check out Hop Devil IPA from Victory brewing.

www.victorybeer.com

I'll begin adding more reviews soon.

Old January 18th, 2009 #83
Ty Grant

Default Hop Devil

Victory brewing does have a good variety of beers. I was able to have “Hop Devil” brew sent to me in the different beers at beer of the month. I was able to enjoy the brew and it was very tasty… I live in an area that has an old brewing company, now converted to apartments, called Star Uion Brewing ompany. It operated in the late 1800 to about 1920, I guess it was during the prohibition times… I found the information on www.beerme.com and they have a very great list of many breweries around the world… I think that a good beer for one to brew would be a M*A*SH brew. It would be the Idea of the bottle only or even a line like the TV series… Though M*A*S*H is probably not a trademark because it is like using a USMC or ARMY logo… being a FAN of the series I would be the first to buy…
Lately I had the Sam Adams winter brew. I can’t describe the taste except that it is weak or something but high alcohol content. If anyone can taste it and describe how the taste is then I could use it to help in describing beers…

Old January 20th, 2009 #84
Ty Grant

Default A New beer

First I want to thank you all who provide the ability for us to have a place to go... Your fortitude to press on in this suck of a life that America has become is a godsent and, to me very welcomed.
As i have time now to enjoy my different brews that have adorned the shelves of my local grocery store, I have decied to use it to tell of a new one I have never heard of before... Hoegaarden , a winter brew from belgium I think, is unlike the Sam Adams winter brew and is much better. For even on the bottom there is settelment from the brewing process, I hope. Well ,any way... the brew is a winter style, now that I know what a winter brew tastes like but with body??? I guess.. very good...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	me and beer 002.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	5537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hoegaarden.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	5538   Click image for larger version

Name:	me and beer 003.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	5539  

Old January 28th, 2009 #85
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Default Mexican Malt Liquor

Anyone ever tried this:

We have one of those Meskin stores downtown that carry nothing but Meskin merchandise for those wayward Meskin's who are here doing the jobs that our unemployed (read: Dametrius and LaVarious) won't do, and who are a tad homesick.

Having nothing better to do, I went in yesterday evening looking for coca cola made in Mexico. I had heard that in Mexico, it's made with sugar, instead of the high fructose corn syrup they use here. I'd heard it tasted better, and bought a couple of bottles. Sure enough, it's made with sugar, not corn syrup, but I could taste no appreciable difference. The place is like a tiny little wal-mart, with everything from clothes to groceries, but all the merchandise is 'hecho in Mexico'. They have a whole isle full of nothing but dried peppers hanging from peg boards. Every color and shade and size of pepper you can imagine. It made my eyes water just hanging out in there for a few minutes.

The beer isle caught my eye. I thought I had tried most Meskin beers, but they had a dozen or more kinds that I've never had. The head Meskin in charge, who was obviously proud of his beer selection, came over while I was standing there and started telling me about all of them. I ended up buying a couple of the litre bottles of Corona Familiar. He said it was made by the same company that makes Corona Extra, but that this stuff was more akin to malt liquor and that it is what the common Meskin drinks.

Maybe this is what makes them so crazy when they get drunk. I haven't tapped into it yet -- saving it for Friday in case it causes a massive hangover or something.

Anyone ever tasted this stuff?

Last edited by Marse Supial; January 28th, 2009 at 09:06 AM.

Old January 28th, 2009 #86
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

I lived in California for a few years in the early '80s and the closest store to me was a Mexican grocery two blocks down.
It was there that I first noticed Corona cervesa.
I tried it and like it and I liked the price (cheaper than Bud) until Sean Penn and the other Hollyvitz rat-packers popularized it.
I stopped drinking it after that as the price jumped up to that of Heineken.
I figured if I'm going to spend money on an import it might as well be Euro.
(I'm a big fan of Guinness stout.)

Old January 28th, 2009 #87
Jett Rink
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
Having nothing better to do, I went in yesterday evening looking for coca cola made in Mexico. I had heard that in Mexico, it's made with sugar, instead of the high fructose corn syrup they use here. I'd heard it tasted better, and bought a couple of bottles.
They actually sell that mexican coke in glass bottles in the Walmarts here in SoCal, sometimes displayed right next to the checkout line.

Old January 29th, 2009 #88
Maxine Grey
Banned

Steinlager was first brewed in response to a challenge by then Finance minister Lord Nordmeyer. In his "black budget" he threatened to cut International beer imports to boost the flagging economy, and laid down the challenge for New Zealand's leading brewers to "come up with an International style lager beer". So Steinecker was born. In 1962 it changed it's name to Steinlager.

Steinlager is now exported all around the world. Steinlager won the Les Amis Du Vin competition four years in a row in the late 1970's, after which the organisers politely asked if it could refrain from entering "to give the others a chance". In 1985 at the Brewers' International Exhitibition in London, it was judged the World's Best Lager. In 1998 it was awarded two Monde Selection gold medals in Belgium. More recently Steinlager won a gold medal and 'Best in Class' in the lager division at the 2006 Australian International Beer Awards.
Steinlager's success around the world is credited to its distinctive taste and use of only pure, natural New Zealand ingredients. It has a dry, tangy finish and the green bullet hops deliver a clean, crisp bitterness.
Steinlager compliments any spicy dish, such as a Thai curry and it's characteristic bitterness sweeps the palate leaving it refreshed and ready for more. Steinlager is also perfect with tomato based pasta dishes, as the herbacious nature of the hops enhances the herbs, bringing subtlety to the meal.

Key Facts
Websitewww.steinlager.com
Date of launch1958
StyleLager
ABV5%
Standard drinks1.3
Total carbs g/100mL3.10
Energy kj/100mL167
Energy cal/100mL40
Major sponsorshipsNew Zealand All Blacks Rugby Team www.allblacks.co.nz

Old January 30th, 2009 #89
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Grant View Post
First I want to thank you all who provide the ability for us to have a place to go... Your fortitude to press on in this suck of a life that America has become is a godsent and, to me very welcomed.
As i have time now to enjoy my different brews that have adorned the shelves of my local grocery store, I have decied to use it to tell of a new one I have never heard of before... Hoegaarden , a winter brew from belgium I think, is unlike the Sam Adams winter brew and is much better. For even on the bottom there is settelment from the brewing process, I hope. Well ,any way... the brew is a winter style, now that I know what a winter brew tastes like but with body??? I guess.. very good...

Thanks for the review, Ty.

I see you like Anchor Steam. It's one of my favorites. I think I reviewed it on this thread, but if not, I'll get a review up soon.

Yea, the sediment you see on the bottom of the bottle is due to the fact that Hoegaarden (they also brew an excellent summer Wheat beer) is bottle-conditioned, meaning that a bit of live yeast is added during the bottling process, allowing the beer to naturally carbonate.

Many of the better ales/beers do this.

Winter brews are heavy on the malt, so I think you are picking up on that when you describe "with body".

Old January 30th, 2009 #90
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

As you can see by what I review, I'm pretty much an ale kinda guy, but Steinlager is very tasty indeed. I drink a least a couple sixers of this lager every year.

It's the quintessential summertime beer.

Thanks for the great review. I'm going to make it a point to do more lagers/pilsner reviews this summer.

Old January 30th, 2009 #91
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Anyone ever tried this:

Anyone ever tasted this stuff?

Never seen it, and I've been around the beer universe for a while. However in all fairness to Mexico, brewing is not one of the things that leaps to mind when one thinks of Mexico.

Man, you gotta post a review of that stuff.

Old January 30th, 2009 #92
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Man, you gotta post a review of that stuff.
Here goes: I said I was going to wait till tonight to drink it, but the anticipation got to me so I broke into it last night.

It's malt liquor. That's all there is to it. Malt liquor with a little more twang than an American malt liquor would have. But none-the-less, malt liquor. No hops at all. And that's what the Meskin told me, that it was similar to malt liquor.

But that's ok with me because I like some malt liquor every now and again. I just hate that I paid $12 for two quarts of imported malt liquor.

Last edited by Marse Supial; January 30th, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Old January 30th, 2009 #93
William Hyde
Someday Never Comes

Quote:
Here goes: I said I was going to wait till tonight to drink it, but the anticipation got to me so I broke into it last night.

It's malt liquor. That's all there is to it. Malt liquor with a little more twang than an American malt liquor would have. But none-the-less, malt liquor. No hops at all. And that's what the Meskin told me, that it was similar to malt liquor.

But that's ok with me because I like some malt liquor every now and again. I just hate that I paid $12 for two quarts of imported malt liquor.
You must have been in a good mood the day you bought that Grel. Ya know you can't really expect those brown squat subs to have a discerning palate. Meskins will always fuck up everything beer included, + their devious and dishonest! Once you get that shit outta your system getcha some Warsteiner Premium Dunkel -it'll make it all better!

Old January 30th, 2009 #94
William Hyde
Someday Never Comes

Talking Never heard of this one, but - it is a funny beer commercial!

Old January 31st, 2009 #95
bmwbiker

In name of Christ.......fight against communist

Old January 31st, 2009 #96
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

I'll keep my eye out for those Croatian brews, Adolf.

The Tomislav sounds very good indeed.

Old January 31st, 2009 #97
bmwbiker

Quote:
I'll keep my eye out for those Croatian brews, Adolf.

The Tomislav sounds very good indeed.
Tomislav is goood...

maybe you will see in store this bieer:

it is most saled bieer in Croatia.....Karlovacko

Old January 31st, 2009 #98
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolf Croata View Post
in some ours bars this bier is banned:

becouse it has red communist star...and that we dont like

Not a big fan of Jewish communism myself, either.

Heineken is one of those beers that seems to be always light-struck or "skunky" when you purchase it.

Sunlight (actually UV rays) spoils beer, and the green glass used by Heineken does not offer much protection.

I've heard it is much better if tasted fresh in Holland.

That is one of the problems with imports here in America. They have to travel great distances, and usually the freshness of the beer suffers.

Old January 31st, 2009 #99
bmwbiker

Quote:
Not a big fan of Jewish communism myself, either.

Heineken is one of those beers that seems to be always light-struck or "skunky" when you purchase it.

Sunlight (actually UV rays) spoils beer, and the green glass used by Heineken does not offer much protection.

I've heard it is much better if tasted fresh in Holland.

That is one of the problems with imports here in America. They have to travel great distances, and usually the freshness of the beer suffers.

you have good beers in US...that Coronas are good....

how many sorts of beer do you have in US?

Old January 31st, 2009 #100
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolf Croata View Post

how many sorts of beer do you have in US?

Thousands of brands at this point.

There are 3 major brewers in the U.S.: Anheuser-Busch, Miller & Coors. They once enjoyed a tremendous market share, peaking in the 1970s with selling almost 90% of the beer purchased in the states.

That has changed dramatically.

In the late 1980s many small local breweries (micro-breweries) began opening up all over the United States.

There are hundreds of them now, each crafting many styles of beer.

The big 3 are losing market share every year, as the small breweries and imports continue to gain ground.

Tags
beer, small breweries

Thread