Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 15th, 2004 #1
Rob Roy MacGregor

Default Could The Image In The "Shroud of Turin" Be That of a White Man?

Here is something I found on the HEIGHT of the image...

http://www.shroud.com/faq.htm#1
Quote:
Q: How tall is the man in the image on the Shroud of Turin?

Editor's Note: I asked Isabel Piczek, noted monumental artist, theoretical physicist and Shroud historian to answer this question. Isabel's expertise is based on her many years of experience in figurative arts and human anatomy.

A: The figurative arts have, as their special subject of study, proportion, type, structure and style of a body, including bone and muscle structure. The size of a face from the top of the forehead to the bottom of the chin, the type and length of the arms, the type of the fingers, the type and structure of the torso, etc., absolutely determine the height of a man and nature shows no variations. One has to add to all these a keen sense of draftsmanship, which sees foreshortenings and how they effect the height.

To my knowledge, in Shroud studies only three researchers addressed the question with solid authority:

In the early 1960's, Professor Lorenzo Ferri studied at length and in depth the question of the height of the Man of the Shroud. He spent decades with these studies and created, with special permission of the Vatican, a full size statue of the Shroud which is very correct. He has been quoted as saying that "The body of Christ could not have been fully stretched out in burial." And again, "The measuring of the body (by scientific methods) did not allow for the body being in a slightly hunched position." Professor Ferri held that the man of the Shroud was 6'1" to 6'2". Professor Ferri looked at this problem from the structural-sculptural point of view.

Dr. Robert Bucklin, M.D., spoke on television and elsewhere about the height of the Man of the Shroud. He gave his opinion as a medical expert, not as a forensic pathologist. He judged the man to be 5'11˝".

The third person to study this problem with authority is myself. I have lectured on the subject at the New York International Symposium, the St. Louis International Symposium, in London at the British Society's special meeting, the Rome International Symposium and the 1996 Esopus Conference. The Rome and St. Louis Proceedings published my work on the subject.

I have approached the question of height from the design point of view - an image which describes a 3D object and vice-versa, including the problem of foreshortening. I have also analyzed body type, muscle structure and proportion. I determined the height to be 5'11˝" to 6'1", give or take 1" for linen stretch and shrinking, both of which are possible. Because of the body type, even with shrinkage, the man cannot be under 5'11˝". I lean more towards 6'0". Whether Jews in Jesus's time were smaller or larger is not relevant here. Jews were not small to start with, judging by the finds in the 1st century cemetery excavated near the wall of the Temple in the sixties. At any rate, there are many historical examples of tall people emerging out of nations with small stature: Goliath, King Arthur, Charlemagne, St. Ladislus the King of Hungary, etc.

Only WHITES (of that time period) are that tall... He certainly looks to have some white features. The last carbon dating places this artifact around the 12th century A.D.

What do you think?

Yes it has been proven as a fake only as it relates to it belonging to that time period and being "Jesus".

But what about the 12th century carbon dating? Could he be a Viking or Saxon?

Tolerance is how far a mechanical part can deviate from the
norm before it screws up the entire machine.
– Any Mechanic

The Jews hate us because of our FREEDOM!

Holocaust® is a registered trademark of "G-d's chosen" predestined to "Rule the Earth".
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Last edited by Rob Roy MacGregor; May 15th, 2004 at 11:22 AM.

Old May 15th, 2004 #2
FranzJoseph

I'll go with Jaques De Molay, the leader of the Templar Knights tortured and fried by the church. Grim jest if so, but old Jaques was white.

There's a case already made by Prince & Picknell in their book The Holy Shroud: In whose image? They believe it was an especially devious hoax perpetrated by Leonardo da Vinci to get back at the church for once arresting him for sodomy. Leonardo was also white.

I doubt anyone will ever know for sure.

Thread