VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 12th, 2007 #21
Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Sikorski View Post
This rules...

Nice plate. I need that for my collection. We have those in Georgia, I ran them on my car for a couple of years awhile back, not a member of the SCV though. I'll try to post a pic of the Georgia version tomorrow.

Old November 13th, 2007 #22
Signal

DW Griffith's Birth of a Nation was the first feature length motion picture.

Old November 13th, 2007 #23
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
Just got in from work, missed most of the show but I'll catch the archive when it's posted. Damn I hate working on Monday nights!!!!

I'm also impressed, most people I mention Tommy Collins to think I'm ordering a mixed drink. :krofl

We gotta trade some vinyl sometime.
:krofl

I don't think they leave the music in the shows when they archive them.

Trade vinyl? I have a pretty serious collection up here! (25-30,000)

Chester's working now. I aoplogized to you on the show for not getting back to you.

Thanks again!

-Jim

The Hudson Valley Freeman

Quote:
Carry a pocket knife ,wear steel toe boots and always make sure that you have the advantage or these savage simians will fuck you up! -- "White Minority" from VNNForum

“To destroy is always the first step in any creation.”

-E.E.Cummings

"We're seeing people wearing Skrewdriver (a white power band) shirts and sieg heil-ing around town."

-New Paltz, NY Mayor Jason West 08/18/2004

Old November 13th, 2007 #24
Charles Martel
Banned

Location: The origins of jewish egalitarianism lies within the precepts of christianity itself.

What a great show guys! I'm not even a country music lover, but that was some incredible music! I guess I'm just used to hearing the watered down shit that poses as country nowadays. Anyways, kudos to you both!

My personal favorite is Folsom Prison blues since it's so close to me. Maybe you guys could play that one day?

Old November 13th, 2007 #25
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Quote:
DW Griffith's Birth of a Nation was the first feature length motion picture.

That's the one I was trying to remember!

-Jim

Quote:
Carry a pocket knife ,wear steel toe boots and always make sure that you have the advantage or these savage simians will fuck you up! -- "White Minority" from VNNForum

-E.E.Cummings

"We're seeing people wearing Skrewdriver (a white power band) shirts and sieg heil-ing around town."

Old November 13th, 2007 #26
Charles Martel
Banned

Location: The origins of jewish egalitarianism lies within the precepts of christianity itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YANKEE_JIM View Post
That's the one I was trying to remember!

-Jim
It's on google video btw. You can use keepvid.com to save it to your HD.

Old November 13th, 2007 #27
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
What a great show guys! I'm not even a country music lover, but that was some incredible music! I guess I'm just used to hearing the watered down shit that poses as country nowadays. Anyways, kudos to you both!

My personal favorite is Folsom Prison blues since it's so close to me. Maybe you guys could play that one day?

Thanks for the kind words!

ThisIsExecutor found this:

Quote:
Republic of New Afrika

The Republic of New Afrika, (RNA) is a black nationalist community and political lobby group established in Detroit, Michigan, United States in March of 1968. It claims sovereignty, but does not control its claimed territory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_New_Afrika

I have no clue how we went from nigger tissue boxes in the back window of a "Deuce an' a Quarter" (Buick Electra 225) to the RNA!

-Jim

Quote:

-E.E.Cummings

Old November 13th, 2007 #28
Charles Martel
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words!
-Jim
No prob. You guys deserve it for the dedication you put into the show. It is appreciated.

Old November 13th, 2007 #29
Signal

Quote:

I don't think they leave the music in the shows when they archive them.

Trade vinyl? I have a pretty serious collection up here! (25-30,000)

Chester's working now. I aoplogized to you on the show for not getting back to you.

Thanks again!

-Jim
Some of the archives I've downloaded had music I had suggested, those may have been archived by the broadcasters. If that's the case -- HEY ARCHIVES GUYS, WE APPRECIATE THE GREAT WORK YOU'RE DOING, LEAVE THE MUSIC IN!!

Yeah, I figured you to be a man with alot of vinyl. I have a little, not much compared to your collection. I do have some sort of obscure stuff.

No apology necessary, glad to hear Chester is working. Wish I could've been able to help.

And yes, Birth of a Nation was the first feature film, I believe 1913 or 1915. There were short films before that, maybe back into the 1890s(?), but it was the first long one. You can pick it up on dvd for 5 or 6 bucks.

What I heard of the show was great. I'll download the archive when there is one and hope for the music.

Many thanks to you and Stan.

Old November 13th, 2007 #30
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Some of the archives I've downloaded had music I had suggested, those may have been archived by the broadcasters. If that's the case -- HEY ARCHIVES GUYS, WE APPRECIATE THE GREAT WORK YOU'RE DOING, LEAVE THE MUSIC IN!!
Maybe there's a reason for cutting the music sometimes?

Most of the time Stan and I make music a part of our show. If there's a way it could be left in the archives without causing any problems...We'd appreciate it.

A good time to thank the guys (again!) who archive all the shows on VNN!

-Jim

Quote:

-E.E.Cummings

Old November 13th, 2007 #31
James Hawthorne

I was going to post this while the show was on .... However here you go. You notice it starts off like a 60's Star Trek episode Ha ha !!!

I have heard the original interview of Haley with the Commander, the coon typing away on his typewriter coming across as a total ape, not like the smoooth coon as portrayed by James Earl Jones!

VNN Media

Old November 13th, 2007 #32
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post
I was going to post this while the show was on .... However here you go. You notice it starts off like a 60's Star Trek episode Ha ha !!!

Brando - Does Lincoln Rockwell ( not even )

WOW! Brando played the part well...he came across as being very "nutty," while the nigger came across as being very intelligent. :krofl

THANKS!

BTW...I once placed literature on James Earl Jones' car! (I didn't know it until after the fact! Long story!) I'll tell our listeners all about it on one of our future shows!

-Jim

Quote:

-E.E.Cummings

Old November 13th, 2007 #33
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

"Nudie suits" were discussed briefly during the show.

Quote:
Bobbie Nudie, July 29, 1913 - April 7, 2006

Bobbie Nudie, the Original Rhinestone Cowgirl enters Hillbilly Heaven. Bobbie Nudie passed peacefully from this world on April 7, 2006 in Valencia, California. She was 92.

http://www.nudiesrodeotailor.com/

Gram Parsons in Nudie suit on A&M Lot

Thanks again for listening!

-Jim

Quote:

-E.E.Cummings

Old November 13th, 2007 #34
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Thumbs up

One of the recalled shirts we were talking about on the show:

You can pick one up HERE

-Jim

Quote:

-E.E.Cummings

Old November 13th, 2007 #35
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Pamela Anderson begins her special 2007 diet by gnawing on Usher's ear at the New Year's bash at Tao in Las Vegas. Editor's note: She says he tastes just like chicken!

-Jim

Quote:

-E.E.Cummings

Old November 14th, 2007 #36
Charles Martel
Banned

Was just reading about Merle Haggard today. He did a stint at Preston School of Industry! I never knew that. I've been there. What an eery place....There is even a band named after that place.

I heard once that Ozzie Osbourne wanted to buy it lock, stock and barrel. And then have it moved to Hollyweird as his new home. But the state said fuck off to him. He must've been sniffing ants at the time.

Old November 14th, 2007 #37
William Burcker
Itz

Ay Yo! Let me axe you sumptin: Can ah yooz da bafroom! Cummon, you be in mah commnoonity with dis all Nigga house n' shit, and you caynt lemme yuz da damn bafroom? SHEET!

Old November 16th, 2007 #38
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Wink

Stan...you'll get a kick outta this!

Quote:
Owens ascended to country's throne during the age of AM radio, and his producer, Ken Nelson, encouraged him to tone down the bass and turn up the treble sounds in his recordings to provide a boldness that would cut through the static on the tiny speakers that came standard with car radios in the 1950s and '60s. Owens, whose career took off after country had experienced a dip at the onset of rock 'n' roll, injected much of his material with a driving energy influenced by early rock artists and by the demands of the raucous California club scene. He must have done something right, racking up nearly 50 Top 10 hits during his career.

Above found HERE

-Jim

Quote:

-E.E.Cummings

Old November 16th, 2007 #39
Stan Sikorski
Returned

Quote:
Stan...you'll get a kick outta this!... ...encouraged him to tone down the bass and turn up the treble sounds in his recordings to provide a boldness that would cut through the static on the tiny speakers that came standard with car radios in the 1950s and '60s.
-Jim
And much like the 50's and 60's, I found that the end product of broadcasting over the Internet through shoutcast at a 24 kps mono (needed to reach those that still have dialup) sounds just like early car radio. So what I do on my end is give the upper mids and highs a boost on a graphic eq so that the signal brightens up a bit and sounds less like its coming out of a garbage can.

I can't wait for the day when we are all equally endowed with high speed broadband so I can send out a signal at 128 kbs Stereo.

Old November 16th, 2007 #40
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Sikorski View Post
And much like the 50's and 60's, I found that the end product of broadcasting over the Internet through shoutcast at a 24 kps mono (needed to reach those that still have dialup) sounds just like early car radio. So what I do on my end is give the upper mids and highs a boost on a graphic eq so that the signal brightens up a bit and sounds less like its coming out of a garbage can.
This is what White men do! Niggers turn up da bass! :krofl:krofl

-Jim

Quote:

-E.E.Cummings

Thread