Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 26th, 2020 #1
Jerry Abbott

Default Trademark Registration

Those of you who are considering the registration of a Trademark, be advised that the companies offering to do that for you have a nasty habit of piling on fees that you didn't suspect were coming. They don't do the entire job for the small ($69 to $99) that they present up-front. No, that's only to get them started. They will tack on additional fees for actions necessary to a proper registration, but presented to you as if they were options for enhanced service. These additional fees can run well above $1000, and probably the least you'll get away with is about $300 ($326 in my case).

Further, they'll commit you to at least some of the extra expenses by pointing out that they've already charged your bank account for the "basic service" that you already bought, meaning that you will have thrown away that much money if you don't spend more money. I just now had a such a shopping experience with Trademark Engine.

I really regret going through this trademark registration process, due to the "bottom line" cost being much larger than I was initially led to believe it would be. If I had known how much I'd be spending, I would not have gone through the trademark registration process. It was a whim in the beginning, to which I was amenable to spending up to $100.

Thread