VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 25th, 2018 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Cool Favourite sports team

I know that today there are often other races taking over our sports , yet wondering . . ?

Do you have one ?

As for me ( a German ) . .

Football ( soccer ) is the number 1 sport in Germany . .

One of the football-nations of the world . .

Now , concerning my location some people may think that I , as someone from Bremen , of course hold to Werder . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SV_Werder_Bremen

. . yet not everyone hailing from there holds to them . .

Do not get me wrong , I love my town , yet concerning Werder . .

. . as it happens in my youth I lived close to the Weserstadion . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weser-Stadion

. . and TBH after being exposed to certain "fans" (((behaving most peculiarly))) when it came to their favourite team ( I witnessed things I better do not even tell here . .) I never truly developed an interest in them . .

I think those fans made the club look bad . .

I know ALL teams have fans which behave inappropiately yet the experiences in my youth just had an impact on me . .

That is not meant to speak ill of the club , yet it , in a way , took my interest . .

So what team do I hold to ?

It may seem strange for someone from my area , yet . .

Why ?

As it happens in my younger years I had a girlfriend who hailed from Bochum ( she and her parents moved ) , one of . . ahemm . . the first loves of my life

sry if the pic is a bit overhyped , of course we did not marry , lol . . Yet , most ironically , she even looked quite close to the one pictured . .

Her father was a total football fan . . .

In this way I kind of developed a taste for 'Ruhrpott'-football . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhr

( the German Ruhr area is commonly referred to as 'Ruhrpott' inside Germany ( the word 'pott' is close to the English word 'pot' and has the same meaning , just that it derives from the Westphalia dialect . .) since the whole Ruhr region has been an industrial complex for a long time , always steam showed above its surface , compared to a cooking pot . .)

Especially Gelsenkirchen . .

. . was often called 'the German Manchester' eversince . .

The situation was quite similar to that of the England of the Industrial Revolution . .

. . and naturally people were frustrated . .

Football has been a valve eversince . .

The main spots for football enthusiansm often were areas of societal problems , giving people a valve . .

So , in a way , even until this day I am influenced by my former ex when it comes to football

lol . .

Now you know the story . .

The VfL may not be in such a good position these days when it comes to scale , yet as an old saying goes "A fan is a fan in good as well as bad times" . .

True . .

And . . after all . . it's just football

One of the "incidentals of life" . .

No need to lose your head over it . .

EVERYBODY has the right to hold on to their favourite team . .

Or to . . ahemm . . paraphrase it . .

"Opinions are like assholes . . Everybody's got one"

lol

I do not have contact with this ex anymore ( it was when I was 16 . .) , yet , like I said , still a sucker for Bochum . .

Old November 30th, 2018 #2
FLEKTARN
Banned

Ludogorets FC

Old December 25th, 2018 #3
ColdFire
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEKTARN View Post
. . .that vid looks like it's been taken with a cell-phone. .

Anyway , researched that team a little bit and they truly seem to be 'local heroes' where they live

. . I even wondered if our friend FLEKTARN had taken that vid himself for VNN/ put in on YouTube ,yet . . suppose that won't be answered ....
Quote:
FLEKTARN
Banned

. . . whatever the reason for your being banned may have been (haven't really checked your posts . .) keep cheering for that team . . .

Old March 24th, 2019 #4
Todd Fletch

The defending Stanley Cup champs (finally), The Washington Capitals!

With the exception of two years at a boarding school, the first 27 years of my life were spent in the DC area. I root for all DC area teams.

While I might not care for the many insidious ways that BrainWashington DC permeates western culture, that does mean I can't still root for all the teams I did as a little kid/teenager.

Go Caps!

Old March 24th, 2019 #5
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Fletch View Post
The defending Stanley Cup champs (finally), The Washington Capitals!

With the exception of two years at a boarding school, the first 27 years of my life were spent in the DC area. I root for all DC area teams.

While I might not care for the many insidious ways that BrainWashington DC permeates western culture, that does mean I can't still root for all the teams I did as a little kid/teenager.

Go Caps!
What part did you grow up in? I live there.

I don't follow sports, but the Capitols are okay. I think the team is all Huwhite, but I could be wrong.

Old May 2nd, 2019 #6
Todd Fletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
What part did you grow up in? I live there.

I don't follow sports, but the Capitols are okay. I think the team is all Huwhite, but I could be wrong.
Springfield raised, NpVa boy to DC man.

Then to .Georgetown years. Moved on to Adam's Morgan in that town. (Well, the Mt Pleaaent edge of it).

Then years n Montgomery County. Rockville and sweetened and Silver Spring.

What part are you in?

(Been in AZ for decades now).

PS-- the last time I lived in Montgomery County was in 1999. I took a trip there for Old Times Sake in 2005. Some parts of it were getting to niggerfied. It's as if PG was movimg across the bordsr to MoCo. (Bur maybe that was just downtown Wheaton).

PSPS-- I look Baltimore or I should say it's County because now it sounds like the city is getting too much crap from black riots. I prefer cold pick up but when I want to date online dating systerms, back in the mid 2000s, I'd meet some cool chicks within the city limits.

Old May 2nd, 2019 #7
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Fletch View Post
Springfield raised, NpVa boy to DC man.

Then to .Georgetown years. Moved on to Adam's Morgan in that town. (Well, the Mt Pleaaent edge of it).

Then years n Montgomery County. Rockville and sweetened and Silver Spring.

What part are you in?

(Been in AZ for decades now).

PS-- the last time I lived in Montgomery County was in 1999. I took a trip there for Old Times Sake in 2005. Some parts of it were getting to niggerfied. It's as if PG was movimg across the bordsr to MoCo. (Bur maybe that was just downtown Wheaton).

PSPS-- I look Baltimore or I should say it's County because now it sounds like the city is getting too much crap from black riots. I prefer cold pick up but when I want to date online dating systerms, back in the mid 2000s, I'd meet some cool chicks within the city limits.
Kalorama, but near Adams Morgan. I bought the condo in December, 1997 for a song because of Marion "mayor for life" Barry.

Old May 2nd, 2019 #8
James Radov

My favorite sportsball team used to be Atletic Bilbao, when they had a Basque only player policy.
It was successful since they were 1 of only 3 teams never relegated out of the Primer (Fc Barcelona and Real Madrid )
But now Atletic has niggers on the team, so that great era is over...

FCBarca are still.ok.. or Messi FC..

Old May 14th, 2019 #9
Jay99

Motherwell Football Club with a soft spot for Lazio

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Radov View Post
My favorite sportsball team used to be Atletic Bilbao, when they had a Basque only player policy.
It was successful since they were 1 of only 3 teams never relegated out of the Primer (Fc Barcelona and Real Madrid )
But now Atletic has niggers on the team, so that great era is over...

FCBarca are still.ok.. or Messi FC..
Aren’t Bilbao large anti-fascist club now too? I see a lot of their fans supporting that cause.

Old September 9th, 2019 #10
Jack Dillenburger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay99 View Post
Motherwell Football Club with a soft spot for Lazio
Lazio is mine

Old January 19th, 2020 #11
Ireland14
Banned

Thumbs up

Bohemians!!!

Old January 22nd, 2020 #12
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland14 View Post
Bohemians!!!

. . . gotta admit, hadn't heard of that team before.

But . . . since you are from Ireland's capital . . good choice.

Thread