VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 9th, 2007 #1
janewhite88
aka nazibunny

Default What are you reading?

I decided to re read The Bonfire of the Vanities.
I was reminded what a good writer Tom Wolfe is. I read it years ago but thought it would be worth re reading. I read it when I was still in the liberal camps, still young. I thought I would see what I missed the first time. I finished the first chapter this morning. It has sucked me in again, like only Tom Wolfe's novels can.

I like novels.

a jane white portfolio

Old February 9th, 2007 #2
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt

It's about Venice,the city and the people.I like real stuff,fiction bores me.
I especially like reading about places I've lived or worked or places I plan to go to.

I find I read a lot more now,since TV has gone into total garbage,and movies aren't much better.

I do read a lot of health related books and always have.It's a subject that has interested me for many years.

Old February 9th, 2007 #3
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

I can't read novels...no time...But I am working on an extensive e-book for WN's. WN survival guide. It is getting REAL extensive.

Old February 10th, 2007 #4
Miskatonic

My business law textbook, which has shown me so far that the law in this country is simply how one (federal jew-controlled judge) chooses to interpret the meaning of words, as well as the intentions of those who wrote them. Regardless of how many centuries have flown by. Reading some of these case decisions as written by the judges themselves reveals what is essentially a bunch of ramblings that could be easily summed up in a paragraph or two.

I've also been reading my C# programming textbook, but not much to say about that.

WN related, I've been reading The Crowd by Gustav Le Bon. An excellent work on the psychology of crowds, very relevant to modern society and something I would suggest every WN read at some time or another. It also goes into some detail on what the modern education system does to people, which primes them for servitude.

Ironic how white minds of the past can so accurately predict the circumstances of the world today by just observing how history repeats itself. Just goes to show how completely enslaved the average white person is. I doubt many of them could even comprehend a world before Marxism and all its bastard children.

Old February 11th, 2007 #5
Karen Z.
VNNr since '05

I just read Treasure Island, and it was great! You do have to translate from pirate to english for most of it, but it's still a good read.

Old February 12th, 2007 #6
steven clark

I just finished reading Joe Queenan's IF YOU'RE TALKINMG TO ME, THEN YOUR CAREER MUST BE IN TROUBLE...kind of funny observations about the media and culture. Queenan is a columnist and I first found him through AMERICAN SPECTATOR. I mostly read him for style. I am reading Thomas Hardy's JUDE THE OBSCURE. It's a well-written story of a man who can't achieve his ambition to be a scholar, and how women and his own inability to break out of his social stratus keep him down. Really good writing. Hardy's last novel...the public went crazy over his nihilism, but it's really a strong work, as is all of hardy's writing. He went onto poetry after JUDE, and if you can't read his novels, read his poetry. His sense is very fatalistic, very tied to the earth. A lot of people say JUDE is an example of fate destroying man, but I look at it more as Jude being unable to overcome his earlier screw-ups...and of course the hypocrisy of English divorce law at the time.

Old February 13th, 2007 #7
Aimee
R.I.P. Yankee Jim

I'm reading Christopher Paolini's Eldest, the sequel to Eragon. I'm also in the middle of Bag of Bones by Stephen King and The Face by Dean Koontz.

Rest in peace,
my friend.

1955-2008

Old February 15th, 2007 #8
Karen Z.
VNNr since '05

^ I just finished S. Kings Cell, i'm a bit dissapointed with the ending..

Old February 15th, 2007 #9
High Speed Nazi
Banned

I read "The Great Gatsby". I read it in school but got nothing out of it at the time. Now I can see the point of the story is "Crime Does Pay in Modern America - If you are a Jew".

My copy of the book explains in a note that the Jewish gangster using the swastika in the book is not a Nazi, that the swastika was an innocent symbol in those days. But I think the swastika had already been officially adopted as an Aryan, anti-Semite, proto-Nazi symbol at the time the book came out. I say, the use of the swastika DOES mean the Jew Gangster in the story was connected to/supporting the Nazi movement, probably for Zionist gangster purposes.

Old February 16th, 2007 #10
Dasyurus Maculatus
Banned

'Fundamentals of Air Pollution" 3rd edn. by Boubel,Fox,Turner and Stern.

Its........its a gas!

Old February 17th, 2007 #11

Eats, shoot and Leaves by Lynn Truss.

Old February 17th, 2007 #12
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

The online book One Sheaf, One Vine by Robert S. Griffin, who also wrote Fame of a Dead Man's Deeds -- a bio of WLP.

Interesting book. It's a cross-section of White race-conscious Americans (men and women betwwen the ages of 20-60, blue collar and white) describing just how they came to be awakened and how's its effected them in their lives. As an added bonus, our very own Alex Linder was interviewed (he's the subject of the "News without Jews" in chapter 13).

check it out:

http://www.solargeneral.com/pdf/OneSheaf.pdf

Old February 23rd, 2007 #13
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I'm reading Christopher Paolini's Eldest, the sequel to Eragon. I'm also in the middle of Bag of Bones by Stephen King and The Face by Dean Koontz.
Bag of Bones went to slow for me. I put it down after about 200 pp. I did read Gunslinger series about 4x, thought.

Currently, Setting The World Ablaze which is about Madison, Washington and Jefferson and their role in the Revolution. The author states that he is bucking the multicult trend by writing about dead White men.

Patriots by AJ Langguth is also a very good book on the Revolutionary War if you like history.

Old February 27th, 2007 #14
John Bender
Banned

The Devil's Horsemen, a history of the Mongol Invasion of Europe.

Old February 27th, 2007 #15
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichmann View Post
The Devil's Horsemen, a history of the Mongol Invasion of Europe.
I read it back in the '70s -- awesome book. The study of Mongol battle strategy is required reading for cadets at West Point. Mongols were brilliant tacticians.

Have you gotten to the part where a Mongol captain had enemy captives sealed in a box to suffocate while he used he used this as his dinner table? (Did I mention that they were also a tad on the sadistic side? )

Old March 1st, 2007 #16
John Bender
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoaxThis View Post
I read it back in the '70s -- awesome book. The study of Mongol battle strategy is required reading for cadets at West Point. Mongols were brilliant tacticians.

Have you gotten to the part where a Mongol captain had enemy captives sealed in a box to suffocate while he used he used this as his dinner table? (Did I mention that they were also a tad on the sadistic side? )
Yes, I read that part the other night. Terribly brutal!

Old March 3rd, 2007 #17
janewhite88
aka nazibunny

I actually just picked up a copy of that today. I read in it High School. I was just thinking about giving that another read.

Since I have been re-reading BONFIRES, I noticed I missed quite a bit of Wolfe's race use. I probably didn't think nothing of it the first read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Speed Nazi View Post
I read "The Great Gatsby". I read it in school but got nothing out of it at the time. Now I can see the point of the story is "Crime Does Pay in Modern America - If you are a Jew".

My copy of the book explains in a note that the Jewish gangster using the swastika in the book is not a Nazi, that the swastika was an innocent symbol in those days. But I think the swastika had already been officially adopted as an Aryan, anti-Semite, proto-Nazi symbol at the time the book came out. I say, the use of the swastika DOES mean the Jew Gangster in the story was connected to/supporting the Nazi movement, probably for Zionist gangster purposes.

a jane white portfolio

Old March 3rd, 2007 #18
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

Quote:
I thought it was about white decadence and decline. Hence the ironic references to racial historicism by Tom Buchanan: Fitzgerald isn't ridiculing Stoddard, but the modern state of white men.

Quote:
None of Fitzgerald's symbols is coincidental; that must be especially true of one as obscure as the Swastika.

Old March 3rd, 2007 #19
Todd in Ohio

Unfortunately I have no time for casual reading, so I am confined to, "Understanding Basic Statistics", "Microbiology, a Human Perspective" and "Culture and Values, a Survey of the Humanities" all of which are for college.

Stats and Micro are great, the humanities course (fine arts) is not toooo bad...we had to skip two chapters because of some missed classes so I suggested we jettison the chapters on Africa, everyone agreed.

Old March 3rd, 2007 #20
janewhite88
aka nazibunny

Would reading a novel be considered casual reading?

I often have other books, like Gödel, Escher, Bach, which I mentioned on another thread, which I pick through. This seems to be more like a text book to me, very ‘heady’ but written for the layman. I take it in small doses and have been copying the Escher pictures.

I have also been using Art through the Ages as a reference book.

It is hard for me to keep interested enough in one book; my brain needs to be fed. Unless it is a very good novel, then I read it quickly.

I whipped through The Godfather and The Last Don by Mario Puzo last month. I got so into his writings that I picked up a couple of other of his books recently. I often start collecting a certain writer if I enjoy his books.

a jane white portfolio

Thread