Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 5th, 2016 #801
Alex Him

Smile

Жозеф де Местр - "Санкт-Петербургские вечера".

(Joseph de Maistre - "St. Petersburg Dialogues" (?) .)
The French title of this book: "Les Soirées de Saint-Pétersbourg ou Entretiens sur le Gouvernement Temporel de la Providence".

"Joseph-Marie, comte de Maistre (1753-1821) was a Savoyard philosopher, writer, lawyer, and diplomat. He defended hierarchical societies and a monarchical State in the period immediately following the French Revolution. Maistre was a subject of the King of Piedmont-Sardinia, whom he served as member of the Savoy Senate (1787–1792), ambassador to Russia (1803–1817), and minister of state to the court in Turin (1817–1821).

Maistre, considered by Masseau and Didier to have been a key figure of what they termed as the Counter-Enlightenment, saw monarchy both as a divinely sanctioned institution and as the only stable form of government. He called for the restoration of the House of Bourbon to the throne of France and argued that the Pope should have ultimate authority in temporal matters. Maistre also claimed that it was the rationalist rejection of Christianity which was directly responsible for the disorder and bloodshed which followed the French Revolution of 1789."

Text by Wikipedia.

Old September 6th, 2016 #802
White Brazilian Boy

Old September 6th, 2016 #803
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Brazilian Boy View Post
This is the book the 1971 Charlton Heston film The Omega Man was based on.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old September 7th, 2016 #804
White Brazilian Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
This is the book the 1971 Charlton Heston film The Omega Man was based on.
Yep, but I prefer the Vincent Price one. At least a nigger woman is not present on the first movie.

Old September 8th, 2016 #805
Ray Allan

Quote:
Yep, but I prefer the Vincent Price one. At least a nigger woman is not present on the first movie.
Ah yes, The Last Man on Earth. Forgot about that one. I'm pretending the horrid Will Smith movie doesn't exist.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old September 9th, 2016 #806
N.B. Forrest

Needed a brief break after plowing through the world's oceans in obsessive, wearying pursuit of Moby. So far, "Larry" is proving himself to have been an Actor and virtually nothing else, which he freely admits. He had his hands full with poor, crazy, aptly-nicknamed Puss (Vivien Leigh). He said that serious drama was no fun for him to perform, due to all the emotions he had to draw on & make manifest, that only light comedy was a pleasure. A clearly intelligent man obsessively limited to his "craft".

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old September 9th, 2016 #807
White Brazilian Boy

I've already read, but I will share here:

Published in 1925, La Raza Cósmica (The Cosmic Race) is an essay written by late Mexican philosopher, secretary of education, and 1929 presidential candidate, José Vasconcelos to express the ideology of a future "fifth race" in the Americas; an agglomeration of all the races in the world with no respect to colour or number to erect a new civilisation: Universópolis.

As he explains in his literary work, armies of people would then go forth around the world professing their knowledge. Vasconcelos continues to say that the people of the Iberian regions of the Americas (that is to say, the parts of the continent colonised by Portugal and Spain) have the territorial, racial, and spiritual factors necessary to initiate the "universal era of humanity".

Claiming that the Darwinist ideologies are "scientific" theories only created to validate, explain, and justify ethnic superiority and to repress others, Vasconcelos attempts to refute these theories and goes on to recognize his words as being an ideological effort to improve the cultural morale of a "depressed race" by offering his optimistic theory of the future development of a cosmic race.

This "book" is exacly the opposite of what we think. Vasconcelos praises the mongrel majority of Latin America and says that the mixing of the three race, white, black and yellow/red will create a people with power to change the world.

José Vasconcelos was a self hating white:

Old September 12th, 2016 #808
N.B. Forrest

Olivier proved to be something of a jew-snuggler: he recounted putting on The Merchant of Venice despite not liking the play for its "cruelty" (toward the jew Shylock); he decries the "trick" of the awful anti-semitic Venetians enticing Shylock's daughter to marry a lowly goy. Why? Because such was anathema to the kikes who disinherited & sat Shiva for "dead" apostate race traitahs.

So Luvvie Larry was prepared to heap scorn on White anti-jew feelings while saying nothing about anti-goyism.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old September 18th, 2016 #809
White Brazilian Boy

Old September 18th, 2016 #810
Alexander M.

White Power is hard hitting truth. I enjoyed reading it.

Old September 18th, 2016 #811
N.B. Forrest

A collection of O. Henry stories. The Love-Philtre of Ikey Shoenstein depicts a jew pharmacist as an outwardly helpful, friendly member of his neighborhood who tries to arrange the death of a rather dim Irish acquaintance/customer who's also an unwitting rival for the girl the jew loves.

The subtle impression given: don't trust kikes, no matter benign they act.

Henry was a pharmacist, by the way.

Old September 19th, 2016 #812
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
A collection of O. Henry stories....
I read some O Henry short stories when I was in high school (back in the paleolithic). Good stuff. The Ransom of Red Chief was my favorite. I don't remember the titles of most of them, there was one about a bum trying to get arrested so he could spend the coming winter in a warm jail instead of on the streets, one about a young newly wed couple who wanted to buy each other a xmas gift, all with O. Henry's signature twist at the end.

Mark Twain, O Henry, H.P. Lovecraft, Poe, Ambrose Bierce, America produced some great writers during the last half of the 19th century and early 20th century. There was nothing pretentious about their writing, it was readable by the average teenager, just well written literature. Bierce's Oil of Dog is pure art, the prose distilled down to its purest essence not unlike the "dogs" in the story, the horror of the events related in the story made even more terrible by the dispassionate and amoral manner in which they are recounted.

Old September 20th, 2016 #813
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Sometime today I'm starting a reread of Nietzshe's ultra-superb The Antichrist.

If you're cursed with the last vestiges of belief in X-tianity and want to rid yourself of that jew-conjured slave religion once and for all, this is the book to read. Runner-up is Thomas Paine's almost as brilliant The Age of Reason. And if after you read either of these, with an open mind, and yet remain firm in your belief in that jew on a stick and the pussified religion which bears his name, well then, you're about the stupidest sonofabitch on this or any other WN forum, and I have no pity for you whatsoever.

Old September 25th, 2016 #814
White Brazilian Boy

Old September 27th, 2016 #815
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

^ Never was much into authors who cranked out a new novel virtually every other month; especially those who consistently make the New York Times bestseller list. Why the bias against the NYT hit parade? Because a bestseller is, by definition, a book read by a large segment of the populace; and the average American is, well, fucking stupid; therefore odds are the book will cater to his/her intelligence level.

That said, I have read two of King's novels: The Shining and Salem's Lot. I found the former pretty good; the latter scary as all get out. The part that really made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck was when that kid's dead younger brother, now a vampire, was floating in the air outside the bedroom window, lightly scraping his fingernails on that window, and calling for his brother to come to him. Whoa! That freaked me the fuck out.

Old September 27th, 2016 #816
White Brazilian Boy

I've decided to read King's books(Im a fan of horror/suspense) and the first one that came to my mind was "Carrie".

Old September 27th, 2016 #817
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
I've decided to read King's books(Im a fan of horror/suspense) and the first one that came to my mind was "Carrie".
Hope you like it. As I said, I did enjoy the two that I've read.

A girl I was dating in the late '80s just happened to be reading King's The Tommyknockers at the time. It scared her to the point where she couldn't sleep at night; afraid that if she did fall asleep she'd have nightmares. Strong testimony indeed to the potency of the books penned by the reigning king of horror.

Old September 27th, 2016 #818
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthaus Hetzenauer View Post
Hope you like it. As I said, I did enjoy the two that I've read.

A girl I was dating in the late '80s just happened to be reading King's The Tommyknockers at the time. It scared her to the point where she couldn't sleep at night; afraid that if she did fall asleep she'd have nightmares. Strong testimony indeed to the potency of the books penned by the reigning king of horror.
I have one or two of King's around here somewhere. I put off reading them because I can't stand him politically; maybe I'll get around to them anyway.

Quote:
That said, I have read two of King's novels: The Shining and Salem's Lot. I found the former pretty good; the latter scary as all get out. The part that really made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck was when that kid's dead younger brother, now a vampire, was floating in the air outside the bedroom window, lightly scraping his fingernails on that window, and calling for his brother to come to him. Whoa! That freaked me the fuck out.
I watched parts of the late '70s televitz movie of Salem's Lot. The bald, fanged, yellow-eyed vampire in that was truly horrible (as you can see): Max Shreck's Nosferatu on meth & in Technicolor....

Last edited by N.B. Forrest; September 27th, 2016 at 08:02 PM.

Old September 27th, 2016 #819
littlefieldjohn

The Great Fear Of 1789, Rural Panic In Revolutionary France , Georges Lefebvre

Ironweed , William Kennedy

Parts of Vol. 1 -Colonial and Revolutionary Lit. , Cambridge History Of American Literature

Old September 27th, 2016 #820
Jimmy Marr

I'm reading James Mason's Siege.

Thread