Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
I'm reading James Mason's Siege.
I will read it.

Old September 27th, 2016 #822
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefieldjohn View Post
I will read it.
The old paperbacks are going for $150, but you can get the pdf in various places on the web. I got mine at ironmarch.org, but I had to create and account to do it. It claims to be a new and updated edition, but I have no earlier one with which to compare it, so I can't say.

Siege heil.

Old September 28th, 2016 #823
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
I have one or two of King's around here somewhere. I put off reading them because I can't stand him politically; maybe I'll get around to them anyway.

I watched parts of the late '70s televitz movie of Salem's Lot. The bald, fanged, yellow-eyed vampire in that was truly horrible (as you can see): Max Shreck's Nosferatu on meth & in Technicolor....

I saw the movie too...

I specifically remember the part where that friendly-looking fella above (Shit, keeps giving me the willies; he's enough to scare the bejesus out of Wes Craven himself) jumped up out of nowhere and smashed the heads together of the kids' parents while they were sitting at the kitchen table, killing them instantly.

Remember James Mason's great line when the older of the two kids tried to get at the vampire and was foiled? "Silly boy...you can do nothing against the master." Great book; great flick.

Old September 28th, 2016 #824
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
I'm reading James Mason's Siege.
What's this? A mod who...reads?! Quick! Someone get the smelling salts before I, I...*thump*

Just fuckin' with ya, Jimbo.

Old October 13th, 2016 #825
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Yesterday started Will Durant's The Age of Napoleon, vol. 11 in his eleven-volume set The Story of Civilization. After this it's on to vol. III, Caesar and Christ (obviously I don't read the books in sequence) and then I'm finished with all. Thus far it's been one helluva ride, and I'm glad I took on the task.

Old October 15th, 2016 #826
Alex Whiteland

Currently I'm reading the book of russian antisemite V.A. Istarkhov "Strike of russian gods" (he's not only the antisemite, he's also wotanist)

Old October 23rd, 2016 #827
White Brazilian Boy

Old November 19th, 2016 #828
White Brazilian Boy

Old December 22nd, 2016 #829
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Picked up a shopworn hardcover of Montaigne's The Essays last weekend at a yard sale and will be cracking it in a day or two. Will Durant, the historian whom I admire most and rank above all others, ancient or modern, called it the greatest work of French prose ever; and that's all I needed to hear.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...omplete_Essays

Old January 3rd, 2017 #830
Mr. Deakin

As of present I am reading White Cargo, a book co-written by Don Jordan and Michael Walsh. I have never been disappointed by any of Michael Walsh's other books and if you are not familiar yo may want to check him out.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byli...=relevancerank

www.renegadetribune.com/author/mwalsh/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCju...CxOobdAadZxm8Q

Old February 14th, 2017 #831
Alex Him

Smile

Аристотель "Категории". /
Aristotle "Categories".

Иэн Моррис "Почему властвует Запад... По крайней мере, пока ещё: закономерности истории, и что они сообщают нам о будущем". /
Ian Morris "Why the West Rules — For Now: The Patterns of History, and What They Reveal About the Future".

Old February 14th, 2017 #832
Alex Him

Smile

Б. Меликэн, А. Проктор. "Английский язык. Иллюстрированная грамматика." /
B. Melican (?), A. Proctor. (?) "The English language. Illustrated grammar."

Наталья Черниховская "Современные английские слова и выражения + сленг" /
Natalia Chernyhovskaya "Modern English words and expressions + slang"

Collins English Dictionary.

And audiobook:
Rudyard Kipling "The cat that walked by himself":
The cat that walked by himself;
The Sing-song of old man kangaroo;
How the first letter was written;
How the alphabet was made;
The crab that played with the sea;
How the leopard got his spots;
The butterfly that stamped.

Old February 15th, 2017 #833
Ray Allan

You speak pretty good English, Alex. You probably started learning in primary school, like most other Europeans.

As a native Russian speaker, did you find the English use of indefinite articles such as "a", "an", "the" strange since Russian does not have them? They really are kind of unnecessary when you think about it, we could communicate perfectly well without them.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old February 16th, 2017 #834
Alex Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
You speak pretty good English, Alex.
Thanks Ray.
This is only the appearance of good language skills.
When I watch English-language video or listen audio I have some significant loss in understanding of a text.

Quote:
You probably started learning in primary school, like most other Europeans.

In my school there were three languages: German, French and English. I studied English.
But then not used it for more than twenty years.

Quote:
As a native Russian speaker, did you find the English use of indefinite articles such as "a", "an", "the" strange since Russian does not have them? They really are kind of unnecessary when you think about it, we could communicate perfectly well without them.

I would like to not only communicate but also good to know English.
It would be nice if somebody pointed out here on my very rough or typical errors in English.
For this I will open a blog without interfering with other forum topics.

Old March 10th, 2017 #835
N.B. Forrest

Default Freikorps History

Just finished it: an account of a chaotic but murky part of German history. Inevitably, you have to put up with bias (especially from a Brit author): the Freikorps get most of the condemnation for brutality in universally brutal times; he gives their fucking kike-commie revolutionary enemies more of the benefit of the doubt. I learned about Ernst Junger, the highly-decorated "right-wing" WW1 war hero writer who wrote glowingly about the "purifying" ordeal of total war, only to turn up his nose at Hitler and to embrace the EU at the end of more than a century-long life. In support of cosmopolitanism, he said (slight paraphrase) "Who can take nationalism seriously when you can fly over the nation in 10 minutes?". Naturally Jones had a qualified admiration for one who'd "seen the light".

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old March 11th, 2017 #836
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:

Just finished it: an account of a chaotic but murky part of German history. Inevitably, you have to put up with bias (especially from a Brit author): the Freikorps get most of the condemnation for brutality in universally brutal times; he gives their fucking kike-commie revolutionary enemies more of the benefit of the doubt. I learned about Ernst Junger, the highly-decorated "right-wing" WW1 war hero writer who wrote glowingly about the "purifying" ordeal of total war, only to turn up his nose at Hitler and to embrace the EU at the end of more than a century-long life. In support of cosmopolitanism, he said (slight paraphrase) "Who can take nationalism seriously when you can fly over the nation in 10 minutes?". Naturally Jones had a qualified admiration for one who'd "seen the light".
That would be an interesting book but I don't trust the authors. I've read Burleigh's 'recent' history of NS, maybe 10 years ago it came out. He certainly has encyclopedic knowledge of the period, but he is a typical leftist puritan in that no "Nazi" is ever motivated by anything genuine or necessary. His interpretations are 100% Semitic. I don't know about Jones but if he gets Burleigh, probably similar.

I just don't see much use in history written from POV that jews are always and only victims. This discolors everything written about those fought them. Even people like Michael Jones and Paul Johnson will make a nod to the idea the Nazis had some justification for their objections to (((Weimar))) but not Burleigh.

Old March 11th, 2017 #837
Alex Linder
Administrator

There are two ways to criticize something. If I'm criticizing Malman's History of the Chartreuse Newt in Samoa, I can make careful factual criticisms, observations, etc. But if I'm dealing with something that has impacted decades of lies spread through government and media, as with Nazis, only the radical reversal works: the Nazis weren't just maybe slightly not wrong, they were completely right. Their enemy was a monster. Everything-you-know-is-wrong. That's how it has to be attacked in rhetorical terms. Only that is strong enough to get people to blink and think.

Old March 11th, 2017 #838
Alex Linder
Administrator

Currently reading this.

Britain in 1890-1900 period. You can feel the coming of modernity in the writing. It's pretty good, not as good as Jane Eyre. You can feel the yielding of all cultural standards to the power of Money. It's subtle, but given hindsight, you can see how it proceeds by degree. The Education of Henry Adams has some parallel observations from an American member of the elite.

Old March 12th, 2017 #839
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
That would be an interesting book but I don't trust the authors. I've read Burleigh's 'recent' history of NS, maybe 10 years ago it came out. He certainly has encyclopedic knowledge of the period, but he is a typical leftist puritan in that no "Nazi" is ever motivated by anything genuine or necessary. His interpretations are 100% Semitic. I don't know about Jones but if he gets Burleigh, probably similar.

I just don't see much use in history written from POV that jews are always and only victims. This discolors everything written about those fought them. Even people like Michael Jones and Paul Johnson will make a nod to the idea the Nazis had some justification for their objections to (((Weimar))) but not Burleigh.
It was a Goodwill find; hard to be choosy about historians in that limited selection, but you can't beat the prices.

Yes: only the jews, commies & their Useful Idiots are ever "idealists" who maybe "went a bit too far" in their noble quest for Equality & Social Justice. You get some of that from this Jones, but I've seen worse.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old March 12th, 2017 #840
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
It was a Goodwill find; hard to be choosy about historians in that limited selection, but you can't beat the prices.

Yes: only the jews, commies & their Useful Idiots are ever "idealists" who maybe "went a bit too far" in their noble quest for Equality & Social Justice. You get some of that from this Jones, but I've seen worse.
Jones is interesting. It's only his catholics who are properly motivated. Another man doing the same thing (if both catholics/nazis dislike sex-dreck) takes advantage of an opportunity cynically. He will blame the jew-commies for making it easy for Hitler, but never credit Hitler and Nazis with honest intentions. After all, they were a bunch of queers. He asserts that at a couple points, never mentioning names beyond Ernst Roehm.

Thread