Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 5th, 2017 #861
Alex Linder
Administrator

Got these two books today, not started yet...

And this book

about the 1974 Ogden hi-fi shop murders

Old May 12th, 2017 #862
Alex Him

Smile

I bought a book A History of Celibacy by Elizabeth Abbott...

...after I read from Julius Caesar https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=860 about the Germans that they:

"Those who have remained chaste for the longest time, receive the greatest commendation among their people; they think that by this the growth is promoted, by this the physical powers are increased and the sinews are strengthened. And to have had knowledge of a woman before the twentieth year they reckon among the most disgraceful acts"

Book VI, XXI - http://www.forumromanum.org/literatu...lic_e6.html#21

Old May 12th, 2017 #863
N.B. Forrest

Default Time Life: The Barbarian Tides

I just finished it day before yesterday. I got several of this ancient civilizations series over a year ago at the Goodwill: decent history with very interesting photos of artifacts. Now into the one dealing with the very first civilizations (Sumer, etc.)

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old May 17th, 2017 #864
Alex Him

В. О. Печатнов, И. Э. Магадеев - "Переписка Сталина с Рузвельтом и Черчиллем в годы Великой Отечественной войны".

V. O. Pechatnov, I. E. Magadeyev - "Correspondence of Stalin with Roosevelt and Churchill in the years of the Great Patriotic War", in two volumes.

Old May 28th, 2017 #865
Alex Linder
Administrator

Reading Fox's Book of Martyrs. Nothing but descriptions of how pagans killed christians, and then how catholics killed protestants. Our ancestors acted like ISIS.

Old June 1st, 2017 #866
Michael Jeffrey

I am in the middle of listening to Der Ring des Nibelung, so I am reading a few books in relation to this masterpiece.

I am reading a section of this, before I begin each part of the musical drama.

I am reading this libretto translation while listening.

It is a landmark experience in my life.

I am also rereading The Oddysey by Homer and reading Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi for the first time.

Old June 30th, 2017 #867
N.B. Forrest

Default Crime & Punishment

Finished it today: a good read. Ol' Ted really knew his zhids: lawyer Luzhin, the fiance of Raskolnikov's sister Dunya, is portrayed as a scheming social-climber & would-be domestic tyrant who attempts to frame poor little Sonya in order to get back in Dunya's good graces after a falling out; all other jews are portrayed in negative terms. There is a hilarious passage with Luzhin mocking a young commie "idealist" shithead roommate who tells him about his efforts to convert a girl he likes:

"So you're 'developing' her. Heh. heh, heh!"

The infuriated shithead soon gets his revenge.

Dostoevsky - like most great men of our past - openly & artfully spoke the truth about kikes. Gradual jew infiltration & usurpation of the seats of power in our world neutered almost all white artists since.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old July 14th, 2017 #868
Alex Linder
Administrator

Am reading Emma by Jane Austen and Vol I of Les Miserables by Viktor Hugo. Both excellent. Extremely tiny type in Hugo but quick read because interesting.

I like Jane Austen a lot. Emma I've read about 60%, is a book in which basically nothing happens. It's all about social interaction. It's not as interesting (exciting) as Pride and Prejudice but it's still great stuff. If you want to read about serious white adults interacting unjewed, you pretty much have to go back to this era. All these people did was seek approbation, offer kindnesses, etc. In this book, as in Jane Eyre which I read earlier this year upthread, you get to see white men and women -- often 20-somethings interacting seriously without any kind of sex garbage. They take seriously the ability to read character. Emma tries to set up her friend Harried with a Mr Elton but Knightley correctly points out that he is actually interested in her. She doesn't believe it, but he is proved right. Leading her to reassess herself and the clownishness of matchmaking. She has actually got her friend to turn down a proposal from a good man, as she mistakenly thought Elton was a better one and about to propose. Austen's books prove the superiority of talk to action, as Oscar Wilde would say. Talk is more interesting. You can see white culture of a very different type in Austen's books, you can see where we came from and where we certainly aren't now. We are about 10x fatter and stupider than in the early 1800s when Austen wrote Emma. I spend most of today driving around god's country (missouri) and I seriously believe I can determine IQ within five points by watching someone operate a car. It is good that automated cars will be here soon because shortly at least half the population will too fat/stupid to operate a vehicle.

As for Hugo, I've only read 100+ pages, just introduced Jean Valjean, who steal things, but mainly a priest who actually cares for his office and not money or boy-glutes. I have never seen that musical or read the book so trying to get a little less ignorant.

Old July 14th, 2017 #869
N.B. Forrest

Reading The Gulag Archipelago - or rather the first 2 parts: the cover doesn't say that, which makes it a kind of rip-off, but it was a Goodwill find, so...the kike Bolsheviks were surely the worst tyrants since at least Genghis Khan: every class, every conceivable, obscure subgroup were targeted for destruction; whole nationalities disappeared into their genocide machine. The scum cooked up every kind of savage torture imaginable; throwing victims into latrines in the dark; hot irons up the ass, on & on. Most were totally innocent people sent to agonizing death just because of arrest quotas: 200 here; 25,000 over there, until at the very least 66 million were exterminated. This went on without letup until Stalin finally got around to planning the same fate for the zhids: that was when they killed him.

Old July 14th, 2017 #870
littlefieldjohn

Kilby, Noyce, Schockley , transistors , semiconductors , silicon chips, about 275 easily - read pages of the history of how these unknowns (exc. Schockley)* transformed the world.
It also delves into Schockley's rationally correct but politically incorrect principled reasonings . I picked up this gem for 25 cents on a library's throwaway shelf.

Old July 24th, 2017 #871
cherie

I am re-reading American Gods, this version has an extra 30k words.
Making a bit more sense than the tv show!

Old August 10th, 2017 #872
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Reading Fox's Book of Martyrs. Nothing but descriptions of how pagans killed christians, and then how catholics killed protestants. Our ancestors acted like ISIS.
Read it quite a few years ago and found it to be a monotonous bore; a sleeping pill in book form and pretty much a crock of shit altogether.

Fox relates scores (hundreds?) of instances of protestants being burned alive at the hands of catholics. But, if memory serves, not once, according to Fox, did any of these victims cry out in pain or beg for mercy while being slowly roasted to a heap of ashes. No, according to Fox each and every one of them died with smiles on their faces and/or sung praises to their jew god instead. Not a one let out so much as an "Ouch!" Really, Johnny? But the b.s. story I remember most was the one in which a twentysomething female had her outstretched hand literally burned to the bone with a torch by two men who suspected her of being protestant. Supposedly she never uttered a peep while this was going on, but quietly, serenely suffered the excruciating torture like a trooper. Hell, I burn the tip of my finger with a match or cigarette and I'm howling like a banshee.

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; August 14th, 2017 at 02:03 PM.

Old August 10th, 2017 #873
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
Reading The Gulag Archipelago - or rather the first 2 parts: the cover doesn't say that, which makes it a kind of rip-off, but it was a Goodwill find, so...the kike Bolsheviks were surely the worst tyrants since at least Genghis Khan: every class, every conceivable, obscure subgroup were targeted for destruction; whole nationalities disappeared into their genocide machine. The scum cooked up every kind of savage torture imaginable; throwing victims into latrines in the dark; hot irons up the ass, on & on. Most were totally innocent people sent to agonizing death just because of arrest quotas: 200 here; 25,000 over there, until at the very least 66 million were exterminated. This went on without letup until Stalin finally got around to planning the same fate for the zhids: that was when they killed him.
Read books I and II in the early '70s and at first thought AS was exaggerating the horrendous conditions in the gulags. But as they were the first books on judeocommunism I'd read, this is understandable. What's not understandable, however, is why Stalin's hellholes have never received the mass exposure and notoriety in the West that Hitler's supposed death camps in Poland did. I'm wondering why that is... hmm, could the fact that Uncle Joe's jew-run joints -- er, wait a minute... I think I just answered my own question.

AS is just about the greatest writer of modern history I've ever experienced; and he's also a great writer of novels to boot. (Give Cancer Ward a shot if you get the chance.)

Old August 14th, 2017 #874
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Yesterday, started a reread of one of my all-time favorite novels: Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment.

The Brothers Karamazov is considered by most to be FD's masterpiece, but I beg to differ -- C&P is the better read IMO.

Old August 15th, 2017 #875
Rick Schmidt

Default Reading List

Reading a book on the Nazi economy in the thrall of the Gold Standard's demise, called "The Wages of Destruction."

Just finished "Oil 101," a concise history of petroleum geology and
instructional on how vulnerable the oil/energy sector is to threats
such an a North Korean EMP attack.

Rick Schmidt
Please support the Jewish 500 boycott

Old August 16th, 2017 #876
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Am reading Emma by Jane Austen and Vol I of Les Miserables by Viktor Hugo. Both excellent. Extremely tiny type in Hugo but quick read because interesting.

I like Jane Austen a lot. Emma I've read about 60%, is a book in which basically nothing happens. It's all about social interaction. It's not as interesting (exciting) as Pride and Prejudice but it's still great stuff. If you want to read about serious white adults interacting unjewed, you pretty much have to go back to this era. All these people did was seek approbation, offer kindnesses, etc. In this book, as in Jane Eyre which I read earlier this year upthread, you get to see white men and women -- often 20-somethings interacting seriously without any kind of sex garbage. They take seriously the ability to read character. Emma tries to set up her friend Harried with a Mr Elton but Knightley correctly points out that he is actually interested in her. She doesn't believe it, but he is proved right. Leading her to reassess herself and the clownishness of matchmaking. She has actually got her friend to turn down a proposal from a good man, as she mistakenly thought Elton was a better one and about to propose. Austen's books prove the superiority of talk to action, as Oscar Wilde would say. Talk is more interesting. You can see white culture of a very different type in Austen's books, you can see where we came from and where we certainly aren't now. We are about 10x fatter and stupider than in the early 1800s when Austen wrote Emma. I spend most of today driving around god's country (missouri) and I seriously believe I can determine IQ within five points by watching someone operate a car. It is good that automated cars will be here soon because shortly at least half the population will too fat/stupid to operate a vehicle.

As for Hugo, I've only read 100+ pages, just introduced Jean Valjean, who steal things, but mainly a priest who actually cares for his office and not money or boy-glutes. I have never seen that musical or read the book so trying to get a little less ignorant.
Being somewhat intimidated at taking on a 1200+ page full-length edition of Les Miserables, about 20 yrs. ago I opted instead for a condensed version (roughly 550 pages). And remembering just how good that book really was prompted me to tackle an unabridged edition (1222 pages; Charles Wilbour trans., Barnes & Noble) a couple years back. With a tome that long you'd expect to run into more than a few dry patches along the way; but no, not with this bad boy. It was superb; and I rank it among the ten best novels I've read. People often say of a certain book that they "can't put it down"; such was the case with me and this uncut edition of LM. On a scale of one-four I rate it an easy four. You're gonna love it, Alex. On the other hand...

I read an unabridged edition (approximately 1300 pages) of War and Peace two or three summers ago, and though I found it pretty good, at times I was bored shitless. Tolstoy has a tendency to introduce certain characters early on in the book and then they suddenly drop out of sight only to reappear hundreds of pages later. You're left wondering, "Now who the hell is this clown?" And seeing as how it's a novel and therefore has no index, you're more or less fucked; you can't find the page on which the character was first mentioned and just where he fits in in the story. All in all I think Tolstoy's "magnum opus" is overrated and I give it a three on the scale.

Old August 31st, 2017 #877
Michael Jeffrey

Currently reading two books:

and

I am enjoying both of these books very much.

Old September 17th, 2017 #878
littlefieldjohn

French Policy And The American Alliance Of 1778 Edward Corwyn

About early American diplomacy and the motives of France.

Gruesome Harvest: The Allied Attempt to Exterminate Germany after 1945 Ralph Keeling

Quote:
On May 8, 1945 the shooting ended in Europe. But, shockingly, the war against Germany went on. Roosevelt, Stalin and Churchill had decreed that the German people must suffer—and suffer they did.
https://ostarapublications.com/produ...ny-after-1945/

Last edited by littlefieldjohn; September 17th, 2017 at 05:48 PM.

Old September 24th, 2017 #879
Kevlar Vest

Sniper Ace by Bruno Sutkus, who was a German sniper on the Eastern Front during World War 2. He sent over 200 Bolsheviks to Hell during his short career.

Last edited by Kevlar Vest; September 24th, 2017 at 11:09 PM.

Old October 6th, 2017 #880
N.B. Forrest

Richard Kuklinski: hitman, crook, creative murderer of over 100.

Thread