Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 14th, 2014 #141
N.B. Forrest

Gourmet coffees, craft beers, artisanal breads....you fags're gonna start wearing thick black plastic glasses 'n' skinny jeans next...

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old March 15th, 2014 #142
M.N. Dalvez

I see coffee much the same way as I see alcoholic drinks; the whole point is to get a drug (caffeine, or ethanol) into your system, where it can works its wonders.

I think the only thing that really matters with coffee is, how strong is it?

And the way to make it properly strong (to get a proper extraction of the caffeine from the beans), is to quickly extract it from the bean under high temperature - that means, boiling the water at, or above (using pressure - remember, water boils at 100 degrees at Earth's normal air pressure; if you increase the pressure you increase the boiling point), 100 degrees Celsius, and then forcing that boiling water/steam through the beans as rapidly as possible.

Old March 15th, 2014 #143
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
I see coffee much the same way as I see alcoholic drinks; the whole point is to get a drug (caffeine, or ethanol) into your system, where it can works its wonders.

I think the only thing that really matters with coffee is, how strong is it?

And the way to make it properly strong (to get a proper extraction of the caffeine from the beans), is to quickly extract it from the bean under high temperature - that means, boiling the water at, or above (using pressure - remember, water boils at 100 degrees at Earth's normal air pressure; if you increase the pressure you increase the boiling point), 100 degrees Celsius, and then forcing that boiling water/steam through the beans as rapidly as possible.
Yep.

And with experience your palate comes to recognize that pungent flavor as "good".

Unless you want to drop a couple grand on a good espresso pump, these little puppies are the best way to get maximum extraction. Anything else is just pissing into the midwestern wind, and I don't want to hear anymore about it.

I'm traveling. I haven't had my coffee yet this morning. I'm in a hotel. I don't have my pot. I don't have a stove to put it on even if I did have it, so don't fuck with me, Donnie. Mkay?

Old March 17th, 2014 #144
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post

I'm traveling. I haven't had my coffee yet this morning. I'm in a hotel. I don't have my pot. I don't have a stove to put it on even if I did have it, so don't fuck with me, Donnie. Mkay?
It's cool. I don't want any trouble, man.

Great job with the recent protest. Outstanding, Jimmy.

Old March 17th, 2014 #145
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
It's cool. I don't want any trouble, man.

Great job with the recent protest. Outstanding, Jimmy.
Thanks. I'm better now.

Old May 7th, 2014 #146
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

In the cup this morning is Starbucks Caffè Verona Coffee.

From their website:

Quote:
Caffè Verona® is a seductive blend of beans from Latin America and Indonesia, with a gentle touch of Italian Roast lending depth, soul and sweetness.
Because this delectable combination pairs so very well with chocolate, it has become a Valentine’s Day favorite – and the coffee most associated with romance. Bella, Bella!
Sheesh. I just want to drink it, not fuck it.

It's good. Does have a bit of sweetness to it. Great aroma.

Old June 10th, 2014 #147
Jimmy Marr

Attention Admin:

It's 2014 for chrisakes: Time to move Donnie's drinkist bullshit thread to Nutzpah Lounge.

Tags
coffee, keurig brewer

Thread