VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 12th, 2008 #61
Odell

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillian View Post
I agree, thats how its done, go for the kill do as much damage as posable with the least effort, and be 100 times more mean than your emeny.
Study the human anatomy and look at every encounter as a kill or be killed situation.

I stated previously that I saw my Ol' man in two fights that ender very quickly.
In one he hit the guy that was attacking him in the throat.
In the other he hit the guy in the lower abdomen area.
Those two different strikes droped both of them guys instantly.

'Knowledge of the Anatomy".

'

Old June 12th, 2008 #62
WIGANMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odell View Post
Ok if you say so but we train regularly with other men and woman and it is very affective.
If you where to large for me to bring you to the ground then I would have to reach back
with one hand and grab the back of your head/neck area to lift myself and then use the
other hand to gouge out your eye.

As well I could reach back with one hand grab a hold of your groin area and squeeze away.

We are talking about street fighting right?
Remember the street has no rules and regulations.

I know, I have fought in the street as well in comps, what I am talking about is if I sneaked up behind you and commit HADAKA JIME, I garauntee in a real life situation, the first thing you would feel, is panick and shock, before you responded, and a adreniline rush..

YOU CAN'T PREDICT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IN A REAL FIGHT, all this takes valuable seconds, precious valuable seconds, a choke is a painfull attack, a strangle isn't..

I remember a friend who was a brown belt of Karate, that actually use to teach how to get out of bear hugs from behind, I sneaked up b ehind him in my local town and did it to him, he panicked..

Also I remember a good thai boxer, infact 3 that have been battered by idiots,

On the streets is different, but you still can't predict what ya gonna do as people react different to different attacks, it sounds like your dad caught these people by surprised, also I'm surprised going off your theory that the best fighters in the world aren't doctors, as I assume they will know the human body better than anyone??

Old June 12th, 2008 #63
Akingu
Banned

14!

WIGANMIKE wrote:Ok the best martial art out there, and its proven, is MMA,

MMA is hardly the "proven" best martial art. Have you seen Masaaki Hatsumi in the octagon? Steven Hayes? Oh how about the direct descendants of O Sensei? There is no better than, less than. It's all about technique.

>>> but if you wanna learn ....a harder punch..

So will punching a hemp-wrapped 2X4. DUH! The hardest styles that I know of, which train on hitting boards, bricks, trees and hard-core conditioning are karates, Ninpo, Korean styles and Chinese Gung Fus like Wing Chun or Pa Kur.

>>>MMA is better but may take time to get the hang of it, as there's loads of martial arts thrown in there for the best effect..

But geeee, what about those myriad of katas and hyung one has to learn in "real" karate? Blocks, kicks, punches, that if actually thrown effectivley, would put the ring fighter on the deck. I don't know about you, but alot of those tough MMA guys or UFC pu**ies go away crying like little bitches when they lose a fight. I have NEVER seen a Karateka cry over a lost match!

>>>>I would not suggest to do KARATE, TKD, KUNG FU, or NINJITSU..

Why not?

>>>eSPECIALLY FOR QUICK RESSULTS..

Oh, THAT'S right! We're not in it for the long run! The benefits, the health reasons nor the mental clarity! Let's just learn ground-and-pound! F**k that!

>>>Thai Boxing is another,

How do you know? Ever taken it?? I have. 8 months. Not too conventional but the conditioning was incredible! Lots of pain!

>>>what is good, but BOXING, o

Leaves the lower body and legs open to attack as they train exclusively to cover ONLY the upper body. Nut shots, knee shots, leg sweeps, foot sweeps ad nauseum...ALL take out boxers.
How many years of dojo training do you actually have? Myself, I have had 14 total yrs actual experience, give or take a year or two.

A88

Old June 12th, 2008 #64
Akingu
Banned

14!

Trust me! THAT little move isn't as effective as you'd like it to be! Unless you go squeezing rubber balls all day and have Popeye forearm grips... Better to swing back and hammer fist his nasty bits or use the conditioned forearm i.e. boards and makiwara, to nail the nads or femoral artery in the juncture of the thigh.
Also, in that situation, stomping hard on the instep of the opponent is a very good distraction/weakening point.

A88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odell View Post
As well I could reach back with one hand grab a hold of your groin area and squeeze away..

Old June 12th, 2008 #65
cillian

Also, MMA isnt a 'style'. Its usually a combination of boxing or kickboxing with ju jitsu or wrestling, and the best fighters usually have a martial arts background, whether it is judo karate tae kwan do...

Ground and pound would work in a 1 on 1 fight untill his friend kicks you in the back of the head, in a street fight you want to stay on your feet as much as possible.

Last edited by cillian; June 12th, 2008 at 08:22 PM.

Old June 13th, 2008 #66
WIGANMIKE

The combination styles of MMA is making it a martial art in its own right, hence there is MMA clubs out there.

It is a hybrid of martial arts, but so is most martial arts now a days,

But I agree with everything else you said, about technique, and some martial arts I was talking about is mainly generalisation, also most martial arts if not modernised to modern day fighting are completely useless..

Old June 13th, 2008 #67
Odell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIGANMIKE View Post
I know, I have fought in the street as well in comps, what I am talking about is if I sneaked up behind you and commit HADAKA JIME, I garauntee in a real life situation, the first thing you would feel, is panick and shock, before you responded, and a adreniline rush..

YOU CAN'T PREDICT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IN A REAL FIGHT, all this takes valuable seconds, precious valuable seconds, a choke is a painfull attack, a strangle isn't..

I remember a friend who was a brown belt of Karate, that actually use to teach how to get out of bear hugs from behind, I sneaked up b ehind him in my local town and did it to him, he panicked..

Also I remember a good thai boxer, infact 3 that have been battered by idiots,

On the streets is different, but you still can't predict what ya gonna do as people react different to different attacks, it sounds like your dad caught these people by surprised, also I'm surprised going off your theory that the best fighters in the world aren't doctors, as I assume they will know the human body better than anyone??

HADAKA JIME is a constriction technique of Kodokan Judo or in other words a rear naked choke.

First you said "I garauntee in a real life situation, the first thing you would feel, is panick and shock, before you responded, and a adreniline rush.."

Then you said "YOU CAN'T PREDICT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IN A REAL FIGHT"

For the last time I am a woman and my Ol' man is not my father.
My Ol' man is the same as what a Xtain would call their husband.

"Knowledge of the Anatomy" is just one tool in a fighters arsenal, not the only tool.

BTW my Ol' man was attacked by those people and I'm sure they were surprised when just one strike dropped them.

We train in wrestling, grappling, escaping from holds, defense in confined spaces, hand to hand combat, defense of multiple attackers,
defense and survival in and around your vehicle, improvised weapons, breathing drills, stick, knife, gun use and disarming etc..
My Ladysmith .357 is a great tool as well.

Enough said I'm done with this thread.

Old June 13th, 2008 #68
cillian

Quote:
The combination styles of MMA is making it a martial art in its own right, hence there is MMA clubs out there.

It is a hybrid of martial arts, but so is most martial arts now a days,

But I agree with everything else you said, about technique, and some martial arts I was talking about is mainly generalisation, also most martial arts if not modernised to modern day fighting are completely useless..
Did you ever notice how karate blocks are used to deflect away from the body as if the forearm is a shield, and in boxing it’s a cover to absorb the impact. The reason is that karate was developed for unarmed men to fight armed men, the block in boxing was developed for unarmed vs unarmed. The karate defence against a punch is less effective, and the boxing cover against a spear would get you killed.

In short, you are right about modernising technique, and using the right tool for the right job.

Old June 13th, 2008 #69
WIGANMIKE

[QUOTE=Odell;788578]HADAKA JIME is a constriction technique of Kodokan Judo or in other words a rear naked choke.

I know what it is, I'm a X Judo player.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

First you said "I garauntee in a real life situation, the first thing you would feel, is panick and shock, before you responded, and a adreniline rush.."

Ok my mistake, you can't predict physically what will happen in a real fight, sorry hun, I didn't think I had to explain that bit to you, mentally, you would feel the above..

It doesn't make any difference thats not waht the debate is about, and I appologise for the mix up there, but I'm still right about the main topic..

"Knowledge of the Anatomy" is just one tool in a fighters arsenal, not the only tool.

Didn't you say some one who has knowledge of the anatomy would win??

BTW my Ol' man was attacked by those people and I'm sure they were surprised when just one strike dropped them.

I agree, that would be what happened, and my respect to him for doing that..

We train in wrestling, grappling, escaping from holds, defense in confined spaces, hand to hand combat, defense of multiple attackers,
defense and survival in and around your vehicle, improvised weapons, breathing drills, stick, knife, gun use and disarming etc..

Sounds good, but I wouldn't like to try those disarming techniques in real life, but I would in a dojo..
My Ladysmith .357 is a great tool as well.

I would say you could disarm anyone with that lol..

Enough said I'm done with this thread.

Aw don't be like that sis....

TAKE CARE 88

Old June 13th, 2008 #70
Odell

Quote:
HADAKA JIME is a constriction technique of Kodokan Judo or in other words a rear naked choke.

I know what it is, I'm a X Judo player.
The definition was for those not aware of what HADAKA JIME is.

Quote:

Ok my mistake, you can't predict physically what will happen in a real fight, sorry hun, I didn't think I had to explain that bit to you, mentally, you would feel the above..
Really how to you predict a persons mentality? ESP...

Quote:

It doesn't make any difference thats not waht the debate is about, and I appologise for the mix up there, but I'm still right about the main topic..
Are you?

Quote:

Didn't you say some one who has knowledge of the anatomy would win??
No, I said "A highly skilled fighter can be defeated by
a less skilled fighter that knows the human anatomy".

Quote:

Sounds good, but I wouldn't like to try those disarming techniques in real life, but I would in a dojo..
Dojo's teach an array of techniques that would never work in a real life situation. Just another get the next belt system.

This is why we study SYSTEMA, no belts just proven and tested real life techniques. Check it out here at http://www.russianmartialart.com/

Good day to you bro...

Old June 13th, 2008 #71
WIGANMIKE

How do I predict what a person's mentality is?

Cos unless your a complete nutcase, the average person would shit themselves, if someone was serious about doing them damage, so I'm speaking statistically, even boxers have admitted feeling fear before a fight..

Old August 10th, 2008 #72
cillian

bump

Thread