VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 19th, 2007 #101
Bob in DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YANKEE_JIM View Post
I took my driver's training at the YMCA on Evergreen and 7 Mile Rd. back in 1970. (maybe it was 6 Mile Rd.?)

As much as I miss it...I'll never go back either.

-Jim
YJ -- Did you ever frequent the New Palmer Bar on 6 Mile? -- Bob

Old June 19th, 2007 #102
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in DC View Post

I seem to remember seeing that place. Don't remember ever going there though.

One of my favorite old haunts was the "Club S." (Schaefer Bar)

On Schaefer near Warren if I remember right.

-Jim

The Hudson Valley Freeman

Quote:
Carry a pocket knife ,wear steel toe boots and always make sure that you have the advantage or these savage simians will fuck you up! -- "White Minority" from VNNForum

“To destroy is always the first step in any creation.”

-E.E.Cummings

"We're seeing people wearing Skrewdriver (a white power band) shirts and sieg heil-ing around town."

-New Paltz, NY Mayor Jason West 08/18/2004

Old June 19th, 2007 #103
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Quote:

Actually...if that's the place that was near Biff's on 6 Mile and Schaefer...I remember it well. As a yout, I worked at that Biff's for a couple years. Started out as a busboy/dishwarsher...and on to short order cook.

-Jim

Quote:
Carry a pocket knife ,wear steel toe boots and always make sure that you have the advantage or these savage simians will fuck you up! -- "White Minority" from VNNForum

-E.E.Cummings

"We're seeing people wearing Skrewdriver (a white power band) shirts and sieg heil-ing around town."

Old June 19th, 2007 #104
Bob in DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YANKEE_JIM View Post
One of my favorite old haunts was the "Club S." (Shaeffer Bar)
I don't recall that one at all, but interestingly enough, my dad was desk sergeant at the 14th precinct -- Schaeffer Station -- in the 60s ... but I'm sure you've never heard of the place ...

zzzzzzzzzz

Old June 19th, 2007 #105
Lord Sidious
Dark Lord of The Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_in_cali View Post
Rob this cunt has avoided every single question, so don't get your hopes up.....
What I would REALLY like, is for him to accept that he did wrong and let it go. My criticism was of his actions, not him.
I am willing to live and let live. If he has contributions to make, I don't want him gone. I don't hold grudges over words on the net.

RIP Yankee Jim
James Leshkevich 1955-2008

"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children."
RIP David Lane

We Have Our Own Media Now.

Old June 19th, 2007 #106
Bill
Banned

Quote:
I went a couple times to a bar on Telegraph Rd., slightly S. of Six Mile, "The 24 Karat Club". It was a kind of on the rough side, [not too bad though] rock & roll bar. Myself & some friends also went a few times to a place called "JC's Rock Saloon" on Gratiot. [this is all in the 70's]

We didn't go to bars in Detroit very often, mostly in the suburbs. One night at JC's Rock Saloon, the Detroit Police raided the place, must have been about 30 cops, all Black, I guess they were looking for someone regarding an incident a day or 2 earlier.

I remember this one Black detective, who was not very tall, he was walking around without his suit coat on, & had a pistol in a holster that took up just about the whole side of his body, musta been a 44. mag or .357 with an 8" barrel at least. He was making sure the whities, some of whom were local biker types, had a good look at it.

Old June 19th, 2007 #107
Bob in DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD_Dragunov View Post
I went a couple times to a bar on Telegraph Rd., slightly S. of Six Mile, "The 24 Karat Club". It was a kind of on the rough side, [not too bad though] rock & roll bar. Myself & some friends also went a few times to a place called "JC's Rock Saloon" on Gratiot. [this is all in the 70's]
Never been to either; however, the 24 Karat sounds very familiar -- probably mentioned occasionally on the nightly news!

My era in those parts was from '68 to '74. Spent too much time at the Schoolcraft Bar and also, directly across Schoolcraft Road, the Stonewall Bar. Those, and the New Palmer were common haunts, along with Al Wendt's Mont Carlo Lanes on Plymouth Road, where I bowled.

Detroit is a great place to be from . . . . Bob

Old June 19th, 2007 #108
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

The Cloisters

-Jim

Quote:

-E.E.Cummings

Old June 19th, 2007 #109
Bill
Banned

Quote:
Never been to either; however, the 24 Karat sounds very familiar -- probably mentioned occasionally on the nightly news!

[...]

Detroit is a great place to be from . . . . Bob
The 24 Karat was on the East side of Telegraph Rd., just slightly south of 6 Mile Rd as I remember, not too long of a drive if you took the Jeffries. It was a hardcore rockers type of bar, one of several that featured popular area bands of the day.

I lived in Windsor, but we use to go to bars in Detroit sometimes, as well as other events > we use to got to the DRC racetrack, which was a couple more exits over from Telegraph road in Westland. I'm not sure what year you moved away, the Jeffries may not yet have been open when you lived there?

Old June 19th, 2007 #110
Bob in DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD_Dragunov View Post
I'm not sure what year you moved away, the Jeffries may not yet have been open when you lived there?
I left the area in '74 while the Jeffries was being completed. After moving back from '76 to '81 (Grand River & Southfield area), the Jeffries was my usual route to Ford's in Livonia. During rush hour the service drive was usually faster! I believe old Schoolcraft Road still runs to Southfield.

Bob

PS: The Iowa people just froze Ron Paul out of their 30 June Candidate Forum!

Old June 20th, 2007 #111
Jutlander

Default What happened to Geoff Beck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centerfire View Post
I guess I haven't been paying enough attention, but I thought Beck stepped aside. It's been a good while since I've even heard him mentioned. Is he still around? What happened?
I'd like to know the answer to this too. I like Beck's work on VNN Broadcasting alot, I felt he really did a good job at it all.

Old June 23rd, 2007 #112
centerfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutlander View Post
I'd like to know the answer to this too. I like Beck's work on VNN Broadcasting alot, I felt he really did a good job at it all.
I know what you mean. I almost feel out of place even asking.

Thread