VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 25th, 2013 #1
HardHawk
Banned

Default Air gun corner

My new toy just arrived. A present from a friend who know I love air guns, but this I had no idea how fun it can be as well if used in close quarters a most effective city gun.

Judge for your selves and think garden fun.

Old August 26th, 2013 #2
Jae Manzel

Can this kill someone? It appears to be lethal, taking into consideration the damage...

Old August 26th, 2013 #3
HardHawk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae manzel View Post
Can this kill someone? It appears to be lethal, taking into consideration the damage...
Yes it can kill someone in matter of seconds. If you noticed the shooting on the TV screen that is a one inch thickness hardened glass and this toy shoots steel BBs so fast 1200 rounds pm and it shoots them at 900 fps. what is missing in pin point accuracy it make up in quantity of BBs raining on the target literally.

In my garden I have three palm trees that got the worm imported from africa and it kill them so I used them as target. The damage does to them is incredible. I was going to upload a photo of the trees but it keep telling me that my photo is bigger than allowed. It is lethal from 30 paces.

Old August 26th, 2013 #4
jaekel

Here's a pistol version:

http://www.airgundepot.com/steel-storm-bb-gun.html

Old August 26th, 2013 #6
HardHawk
Banned

Old August 26th, 2013 #7
HardHawk
Banned

In the process now to fit the gun with a cylinder with compressed air in it rather than CO2. Very much the same system as the PCP air rifles are using.

I ordered another one so we can play and modify it with out worry screwing it up and lose the fun of a fully operational garden fun toy.

You can get 900 fps only if you use the modified version. Not with CO2.

Last edited by HardHawk; August 26th, 2013 at 09:36 AM.

Old August 26th, 2013 #8
Jae Manzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHawk View Post
Yes it can kill someone in matter of seconds. If you noticed the shooting on the TV screen that is a one inch thickness hardened glass and this toy shoots steel BBs so fast 1200 rounds pm and it shoots them at 900 fps. what is missing in pin point accuracy it make up in quantity of BBs raining on the target literally.

In my garden I have three palm trees that got the worm imported from africa and it kill them so I used them as target. The damage does to them is incredible. I was going to upload a photo of the trees but it keep telling me that my photo is bigger than allowed. It is lethal from 30 paces.
You can upload it on Postimage.org and link it here...

Old August 26th, 2013 #9
HardHawk
Banned

Quote:
You can upload it on Postimage.org and link it here...
I will figure it out.

Old August 26th, 2013 #10
HardHawk
Banned

Default My most favored air guns for training and survival trips.

Always when considering an air gun remember the best caliber is .20 for all around use. You get the velocities and range of a .177 as well almost the bunch of a .22.

The way air guns evolved can easily compete with a .22 rimfire. Their difference to my opinion for fire arms is the limitation they have to bring big game down and also making kills beyond the 100 m. range. But for small game I have yet to use a fire arm on ducks - goose - rabbits and basically all kind of bird hunting always have done with one of my air guns.

I have two EVANIX the giant and the MAX Bullpup. This air rifles if you know how to modify them you get 1400-1600 fps on home made teflon coded pellets 25 grains.

Then is the gas ram powered air rifles we use for training as snipers. Getting into an age most of us we dont physically train any more our bodies to be in shape and maintain that rock solid hold off hand of a rifle.

BUT WE DO LOVE GUNS. So. get an air rifle like for example what I use HW90 gas ram, or an HW 98 spring powered, ( this one to bring all out what it can give meed to be fine tuned), and you can shoot 300-500 pellets in one afternoon. If you want to be able lift your arms the day after, start with 100 pellets a days for a week, then move to more shooting.

Both of this guns require an effort to load them HW90 requires 46-50 lbs cocking effort. every time you load change hands, one left one right. In effect shooting 100 pellets build your upper body while having fun like you press bench 250 lbs on each arm and all the muscles from stomach to upper body. And a 500 pellet tin is like $10.

Another part it does you good if you train to be a sniper is that every 10 yards of air gun range equals x10 on a firearm. Meaning if you have a gun that is able of one inch group of 5 at 50 meters is like shooting or training to shoot with a fire arm at 500 meters.

It used to be that powerful air guns was always european made that cost usually an arm and a leg to buy. But some very good air rifles now are made in USA as well. For example.

http://www.pyramydair.com/a/Air_guns..._1300_0T1650_0

at very affordable prices. Just remember like all guns and especially for air rifles your rifle is as good as the scope you put on it. The best scopes for air guns unless PCP it is heavy recoil scopes.

http://www.straightshooters.com/heav...il-scopes.html

Funny part most of the air guns I use cost less than the scope on them.

Old August 27th, 2013 #11
HardHawk
Banned

Default Hunting from far distance with air rifle

Old August 27th, 2013 #12
jaekel

Here's a .50 caliber air rifle:

http://www.pyramydair.com/article/_5...cember_2007/45

Old August 27th, 2013 #13
HardHawk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaekel View Post
The problem with heavy cal air guns is the need for filing up their reservoir, meaning carrying a scuba tank around where you go with them. We tested them but then discarded them for what I mention above and also because it make more sense if you go to this caliber to use firearms.

there you have the range as well the accuracy big bore air guns unless custom made will never reach. But what this guns can actualy be perfect for is to modify it, to use case less, self propellant ammo.

Old August 27th, 2013 #14
jaekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHawk View Post
The problem with heavy cal air guns is the need for filing up their reservoir, meaning carrying a scuba tank around where you go with them. We tested them but then discarded them for what I mention above and also because it make more sense if you go to this caliber to use firearms.

there you have the range as well the accuracy big bore air guns unless custom made will never reach. But what this guns can actualy be perfect for is to modify it, to use case less, self propellant ammo.
The main idea of air guns is an alternative weapon, if you can't get firearms or ammo for them. Dems want to price them out of reach. We need alternative weapons.
Here's another one. A slingshot that's been fabricated to shoot arrows.

Old August 28th, 2013 #15
Jae Manzel

Thumbs up Hunting with Air Guns

Old August 28th, 2013 #16
Jae Manzel

Thumbs up

Old August 28th, 2013 #17
jaekel

Here's a homemade one:

http://woodgears.ca/airgun/

Old August 28th, 2013 #18
Jae Manzel

Question

Is there any permit or license that you need to have to possess these Air Guns in Greece?

Old August 28th, 2013 #19
HardHawk
Banned

Quote:
Is there any permit or license that you need to have to possess these Air Guns in Greece?
I own via a proxy a gun shop and a gun dealers license, so for us to have any gun (fire arm) we want and use it is not a problem. But no air guns in greece can be bought over the counter and are not registered guns.

They have some laws against using a silencer on guns and things like that but since we build our own who are much better than factory there is not a problem there.

In Cyprus where most of my collection of air guns is, to won them you need to have an FAC (fire arms certificate). And you not allowed to have any cal beside 4.5 (.177).

Old September 7th, 2013 #20
HardHawk
Banned

Default Ajax Automatic Airgun

http://www.libertyairguns.com/

Thread