Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 17th, 2015 #1
Crowe

Default Should I make this trade?

Friend of mine has a S&W 460V revolver 5" barrel, and he's offering to trade it for my Glock 19 gen 3 + 2 15 round mags, 2 33 round mags & my ruger blackhawk .357 magnum. His gun retails for about $1000-$1100 give or take a few bucks. I reckon the Glock is worth about $550-$600 mags included (33 round mags are worth $100-$125 a piece now), and the Blackhawk is worth about $300-$350.

I've shot it before, and I prefer to shoot 454 casull out of it, because the recoil is slightly less, and I can't think of anything a 454 casull couldn't drop that a 460 mag could. I could definitely hunt with it, and I believe I got a spare scope laying around here somewhere that would fit on it.

Old March 17th, 2015 #2
notmenomore

It's not a bad trade at all.

The Smith will do far more along the same lines than the Ruger, and the Glock should easily be replaced for less than retail.

If you want a big bore wheel gun the Smith is very hard to beat, and the trade seems good. Eventually (if it was me) I would want to replace the Glock in some form or other: the compact 9mm as a PD weapon seems a better carry idea for general use.

Old March 17th, 2015 #3
Crowe

I'm probably gonna make the trade. I'll ask to borrow it so I can shoot it some more and get a better idea how it handles. Maybe setup a tree stand and shoot down at some jugs off in the distance. That's basically what I'd use it for.

Old March 21st, 2015 #4
Brooklyn Rick

What do you need something that big for? I live where things can eat you, and feel safe with a .41. Plus, I can shoot it with one hand if need be... It is a nice pistol though.......

Thread