Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 15th, 2012 #1
alicia_victoria

Post Please, can someone guess my ancestry by looking at my face?

I'm new to this whole ethnicities thing. I am doing some background research on my ancestry. I traced them (through extensive research done by family member, church registries, and the like) to the following places in Spain and Ireland:
-Burgos
-Navarra
-Andalucia
-Dublin

Also, my bodytype is "big": I am 1.76 and I have big muscles, broad shoulders, thick neck, but I also have a very feminine shape (a "handfull", small waist, larger hips). For those IQ obsessed people, mine's a 132 being math my strongest area.

Last edited by alicia_victoria; January 15th, 2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Got the answers I was looking for, but I am not here to get dates because I'm taken, but thanks to all the people who posted.

Old January 15th, 2012 #2
varg

Did you register just to post your photo?

Oh geez, another AG

Old January 15th, 2012 #3
varg

I'd place you somewhere in Bulgaria or Romania.. Some place with gypsys, not to say you are a gypsy. But something seems 'off' for me.

Then again I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by varg; January 15th, 2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: ..

Old January 15th, 2012 #4
alicia_victoria

Yes and no.

Yes-I posted the picture so it can be seen and "analyzed" since it seems y'all know more about this than me.

No-I'm also discussing other subjects of interest in here, especially in the language section because I am a polyglot (it seems the language section is my new home )

Old January 15th, 2012 #5
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Basque perhaps???

Old January 15th, 2012 #6
alicia_victoria

Talking thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
Basque perhaps???
My great grandparents (from my dad's side) spoke that language. AS for my mom's side, her dad's side is Irish/Corsican.

I had been asked if I'm from central/eastern Europe countries all the time, which I'm not because I was born in US.

Well, I guess I am more instructed in this subject.

Thanks for all your help.

Have a nice day.

-

Old January 15th, 2012 #7
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia_victoria View Post
My great grandparents (from my dad's side) spoke that language. AS for my mom's side, her dad's side is Irish/Corsican.

I had been asked if I'm from central/eastern Europe countries all the time, which I'm not because I was born in US.

Well, I guess I am more instructed in this subject.

Thanks for all your help.

Have a nice day.

-
Spain was settled by the Iberians a few thousand years ago; they gave their name to the peninsula that Spain is located on, the Iberian Peninsula:

The Iberians originated along the Black Sea, in a region that was once part of Scythia, which stretched from the Cacassus to the Ukraine in Eastern Europe. Here is a map showing the location of ancient Iberia:

Old January 15th, 2012 #8
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Is tranny a nationality?

Last edited by MikeTodd; January 15th, 2012 at 10:31 PM.

Old January 15th, 2012 #9
alicia_victoria

Maybe...I guess I might have been a man, but it seems the penis got cut off or something when I was born.

Old January 15th, 2012 #10
keifer

There is always the consideration of camera lens distortion, but it does appear that you have a wide Zygomatic, a trait I have noticed in Eastern European woman.

Old January 15th, 2012 #11
alicia_victoria

Default Again, thanks

I got the answers I was looking for; thank very much all of you for helping a curious woman.

Mods; this thread can be closed at anytime now. See y'all in the language forums.

Old January 16th, 2012 #12
keifer

Quote:
I got the answers I was looking for; thank very much all of you for helping a curious woman.

Mods; this thread can be closed at anytime now. See y'all in the language forums.
Sir may I?.....no disrespect Sir, but i don't think that's how things work around here....Sir.

Old January 15th, 2012 #13
Thomas de Aynesworth
Banned

More face pics, for... anthropology's sake.

Old January 15th, 2012 #14
Thomas de Aynesworth
Banned

It is funny, I typically associate Southern Europeans as short, stocky people with short limbs. You seem to be the opposite, I've seen Slavic women with almost your exact profile, sans the eye pigmentation. If I had to guess, those qualities would have been atavistic from the Germanic invasions into Spain, coupled with hardy genes from Ireland. The high cheek bones is the only thing that throws me off, possibly inherited from some kind of Western Slavic influence, or perhaps even atavism from the Proto-Slavic Vandal tribes.

At either rate, those saying to lack "Caucasoidalness" are quite off, to say the least.

Old January 16th, 2012 #15
alicia_victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas de Aynesworth View Post
It is funny, I typically associate Southern Europeans as short, stocky people with short limbs. You seem to be the opposite, I've seen Slavic women with almost your exact profile, sans the eye pigmentation. If I had to guess, those qualities would have been atavistic from the Germanic invasions into Spain, coupled with hardy genes from Ireland. The high cheek bones is the only thing that throws me off, possibly inherited from some kind of Western Slavic influence, or perhaps even atavism from the Proto-Slavic Vandal tribes.

At either rate, those saying to lack "Caucasoidalness" are quite off, to say the least.
I know some girls from Russia, Lithuania, and Kazakhstan who have dark eyes just like me; my brothers look like me as well, but they do have lighter eyes (but their skin is slightly darker, due to prolonged beach time).

Old January 16th, 2012 #16
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas de Aynesworth View Post
It is funny, I typically associate Southern Europeans as short, stocky people with short limbs.
You mean, like this:

Old January 15th, 2012 #17
Marcus
Banned

Quote:
Yes, very sure.
.....Huh. Well in that case, I would be inclined to make the assessment that you're of Near Eastern origin; you don't look very Caucasoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
I meant from Transylvania.
Oh, shut the fuck up.

Old January 15th, 2012 #18
alicia_victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
.....Huh. Well in that case, I would be inclined to make the assessment that you're of Near Eastern origin; you don't look very Caucasoid.
Middle Eastern makes a lot of sense, since Andalucia (where my mother's side of the family is) was inhabited by Moors, but the Amerindian one is soooo far fetch I mean, how can I be Amerindian when nobody in my bloodline is from Indigenous origin?!

Old January 15th, 2012 #19
Marcus
Banned

Quote:
Middle Eastern makes a lot of sense, since Andalucia (where my mother's side of the family is) was inhabited by Moors
Actually I was referring to a Mongoloid type indigenous to Asia; not Moorish (then again, I'm certainly no expert on this matter).

Quote:
but the Amerindian one is soooo far fetch I mean, how can I be Amerindian when nobody in my bloodline is from Indigenous origin?!

In my opinion, you look Amerindian.

Old January 15th, 2012 #20
alicia_victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Actually I was referring to a Mongoloid type indigenous to Asia; not Moorish (then again, I'm certainly no expert on this matter).

In my opinion, you look Amerindian.
Ok. Next.

Tags
advice, ancestry, question

Thread