VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Loxist Culture > Movies
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old January 5th, 2020 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Thumbs up 'Star Wars - The Rise Of Skywalker' - for me the best of the whole saga

Well . . you may know I'm a Star Wars fan because of that Palpatine-avatar I user to have . .

- - - - - -

. . concerning that movie . . .

Au contraire.

"I have a good feeling 'bout this . . "

- - -

Truth be told , I think out of the whole saga it was the best ! !

Best special effects , best plot . .

I know today even Star Wars is multiculturalised and there are still disputes within our movement how Star Wars is to be evaluated but , concerning the plot . .

The plot summed up : The whole plot is similar to 'Return Of The Jedi' ( episode 6) but , much more loaded with better special effects . .

I do not know if this particular storyline is planned to be continued , but , again , it is , in my opinion , the best of the whole saga . . and the most conclusive.

Anybody else ? Who has already seen it ?

- - -

"May the force be with you"

Haha . . .

Old January 6th, 2020 #2
Sartt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
Well . . you may know I'm a Star Wars fan because of that Palpatine-avatar I user to have . .

- - - - - -

. . concerning that movie . . .

Revenge of the Sith - "I have a bad feeling about this,"

Au contraire.

"I have a good feeling 'bout this . . "

- - -

Truth be told , I think out of the whole saga it was the best ! !

Best special effects , best plot . .

I know today even Star Wars is multiculturalised and there are still disputes within our movement how Star Wars is to be evaluated but , concerning the plot . .

The plot summed up : The whole plot is similar to 'Return Of The Jedi' ( episode 6) but , much more loaded with better special effects . .

I do not know if this particular storyline is planned to be continued , but , again , it is , in my opinion , the best of the whole saga . . and the most conclusive.

Anybody else ? Who has already seen it ?

- - -

"May the force be with you"

Haha . . .

Return of the Jedi Ending Credits (HD)

naa.... the only good part was the emperor. " i am all the sith " the entire movie was a attempt to fix the last 2 movies and J.J Abrams knew it. I'd give it a 6.5 / 10. Strangely they took more idea from star wars legends and that was good, just too late.

Old January 25th, 2020 #3
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartt View Post
naa.... the only good part was the emperor. " i am all the sith " the entire movie was a attempt to fix the last 2 movies and J.J Abrams knew it. I'd give it a 6.5 / 10. Strangely they took more idea from star wars legends and that was good, just too late.

. . ahhhh . . blacks and Star Wars

. . . apparently you do not recognise true quality when you see it.

Last edited by ColdFire; January 26th, 2020 at 09:34 PM.

Old January 25th, 2020 #4
Hugh Akston
Banned

Personally, I've always preferred the Director's Cut of The Revenge of the Sith:

Old January 25th, 2020 #5
ColdFire
Banned

Cool . . an attempt of sarcasm , I sense . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
Personally, I've always preferred the Director's Cut of The Revenge of the Sith:

No , but seriously . . . I've always seen some kind of antagonism between Star Trek and Star Wars. One deals with a fleet of humans being "out there" and not finding earth , i. e. 'being lonesome' and one has a whole galaxy united. .

So , I think one could say a dystopic space-vision vs an optimistic space-vision .

Last edited by ColdFire; January 26th, 2020 at 12:28 AM.

Old January 25th, 2020 #6
Hugh Akston
Banned

Quote:
So , I think one could say a dystopic space-vision vs an optimistic space-vision.
Original Star Trek was not dystopic. True, it injected a number of leftist talking points over the course of the series, but it was more right-wing (at times) than all the other incarnations. It's main premise and theme (original series) was about interstellar colonization. On the other hand, Star Wars was about constant war among various groups of aliens. And it too was larded with leftist talking points. But one thing above all that was true was the ongoing feud between Kirk and Yoda...

Old January 25th, 2020 #7
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
. . But one thing above all that was true was the ongoing feud between Kirk and Yoda...

Old January 25th, 2020 #8
Ray Allan

Default Star Wars vs. Star Trek 43rd anniversary

Spock seems more on Yoda's wavelength than Kirk (and they both have pointed ears). Kirk is more of a Han Solo-type guy.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old January 28th, 2020 #9
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Spock seems more on Yoda's wavelength than Kirk (and they both have pointed ears).
Yup . . . somehow it seems to be some kind of pattern to portray 'old wise people' with pointed ears . .

. . . on a side note . . Yoda always reminded me of some old Kung Fu sensei . . .

Somehow also a pattern to portray 'mystical creatures' with pointed ears. .

See also the elves in 'Lord Of The Rings'.

Quote:
Kirk is more of a Han Solo-type guy.
. . space-cowboy

Old January 28th, 2020 #10
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
. . there are still disputes within our movement how Star Wars is to be evaluated . .
. . two threads I started on that subject . .

Star Wars mysticism and real-life equivalents

Star Wars = racist ?

. . .

Old January 29th, 2020 #11
Sartt
Banned

Quote:

. . ahhhh . . blacks and Star Wars

. . . apparently you do not recognise true quality when you see it.

the part where sidious was shown to be behind everything was good, then it feel apart, When Rey shot lightning out of her hand i wasn't shocked because i already had a feeling they were going to say who she was apart of, and yes this was something i figured out in the first movie.

The Only thing J.J Abrams could do was attempt to piece the 3 movies together from the last screw up movie, and he did O.K on that part. Taking source material from Star Wars Legends and the Old Republic was the smartest thing he did,
Someone finally had the fucking brains to show Sidious's TRUE UNLIMITED POWER that have been talked about in Legends for years and this alone is why i say the ending part of the movie was the best part, they even took the Throne from The Old Republic Sith.

The last reason why i say the movie was bad, was because they KILLED THE EMPEROR, they could have done more movies where he actually used that massive fleet and retook a majority of the galaxy.

Old February 11th, 2020 #12
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartt View Post
. . .that's what I meant by 'best special effects' , among other scenes . .

Last edited by ColdFire; February 12th, 2020 at 09:09 PM.

Old February 24th, 2020 #13
Donncha Dennis

None of them come close to Khan Noonien Singh

https://imgur.com/gallery/tyX0o0z

Old February 26th, 2020 #14
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donncha Dennis View Post
None of them come close to Khan Noonien Singh

https://imgur.com/gallery/tyX0o0z

. . is this quote supposed to be 'pacifist' ?

Yes , there have been technological advancements in human history , but is , by this quote , meant that 'man hasn't changed his savage nature' . . ?

Well . . . if you look at some (((tribes of man))) I tend to agree . .

Last edited by ColdFire; February 29th, 2020 at 04:22 PM.

Old February 27th, 2020 #15
Sartt
Banned

Quote:

. . is this quote supposed to be 'pacifist' . . ?

Yes , there have been technological advancements in human history , but is , by this quote , meant that 'man hasn't changed his savage nature' . . ?

Well . . if you look at some (((tribes of man))) I tend to agree . .

https://norse-mythology.org/viking-raids-warfare/

" The raid that really established the Vikings as a force to be reckoned with, and not merely a piratical nuisance, was the attack on the Monastery of St. Cuthbert at Lindisfarne in 793. The ninth-century Anglo-Saxon Chronicle gives us a sense of how vivid an impression the attack made on the minds of the English:

In this year dire portents appeared over Northumbria and sorely frightened the people. They consisted of immense whirlwinds and flashes of lightning, and fiery dragons were seen flying in the air. A great famine immediately followed those signs, and a little after that in the same year, on 8 June, the ravages of heathen men miserably destroyed God’s church on Lindisfarne, with plunder and slaughter. "

Old February 29th, 2020 #16
Jack Dillenburger
Banned

I haven't seen that movie yet. All I know so far is that it didn't receive too well critiques

Old February 29th, 2020 #17
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dillenburger View Post
I haven't seen that movie yet. All I know so far is that it didn't receive too well critiques
A lot of people still don't seem satisfied with the fact that Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney. But in a way one can understand, considering Lucas' age.

It still seems a bit unusual to go watch Star Wars when you know Disney is in the background . .

But in my opinion that last part was great . . I even had the luck of being able to watch it in 3D . . the cinema I visited had changing presentations , 3D and non-3D . .

. . but . .one did notice that from the entry-prize . .

. . if I'm not mistaken even back when the first Star Wars films were made in the 70's / 80's Lucas said that the plot would be concluded , just that one would wait until technical possibilities would be ready . .

Lucas once said in an interview something like "The episodes from the 70s / 80s were very simple . . The prequels though take the viewer into a bigger world . . When the Empire ruled in episodes 4-6 everything was held simple . . The prequels tell the story of the galactic republic with all its marvels . ."

Old March 1st, 2020 #18
Jack Dillenburger
Banned

Quote:
A lot of people still don't seem satisfied with the fact that Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney. But in a way one can understand, considering Lucas' age.

It still seems a bit unusual to go watch Star Wars when you know Disney is in the background . .

But in my opinion that last part was great . . I even had the luck of being able to watch it in 3D . . the cinema I visited had changing presentations , 3D and non-3D . .

. . but . .one did notice that from the entry-prize . .

. . if I'm not mistaken even back when the first Star Wars films were made in the 70's / 80's Lucas said that the plot would be concluded , just that one would wait until technical possibilities would be ready . .

Lucas once said in an interview something like "The episodes from the 70s / 80s were very simple . . The prequels though take the viewer into a bigger world . . When the Empire ruled in episodes 4-6 everything was held simple . . The prequels tell the story of the galactic republic with all its marvels . ."

i remember seeing the old ones... ah, that was long time ago you certainly don't get younger

Old March 1st, 2020 #19
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dillenburger View Post
. . you certainly don't get younger
. . . one is only as young or old as one feels . . . . old proverb.

. . . ask none other than this guy

Last edited by ColdFire; March 7th, 2020 at 11:25 AM.

Old March 2nd, 2020 #20
Stewart Meadows

The best Star Wars memes:

Thread