VNN Broadcasts

Old December 17th, 2011 #81
A.G.

Untouchables

Old December 17th, 2011 #82
A.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
I don't think anyone considers Gypsies to be the "norm" as far as what the typical, average, inhabitant of India looks like.

Gypsies left India long ago, like the Jews who left Israel and migrated west into Europe. Over the centuries, there has been some European admixture in both groups, which has resulted in a less "native" look.
I was never in India i dont know how many really look how. I just know there are Indians and even more so Pakistanis who look like Gypsies and Genetics showed Gypsies are from Greater Punjab area and thats how the bulk of them looks like, a mixed-half gypsy usually looks like an european or southern to central european. a wholly gypsy person looks like an rajput.

Old December 17th, 2011 #83
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
What i acutally refer to is that there were many tribes called scythians who resembled them in lifestyle just like there are many tribes called gypsies but who are not roma. The original scythians were iranics, but also slavs and germanics were called scythians at times. However the Scythians are most probably the Slavic Race.
Scythia was a vast and somewhat loosely defined region; so the ancient writers tended to call any group living in Scythia by the name "Scythians"; and the Gallic people at one time lived in part of what was once Scythia (the eastern European Galicia is on the Polish-Ukranian border). Other tribes that were considered to be Scythians included the Cimmerians/Cimbri/Cymry; the Geta/Geats/Goths, and the Iberians.

The Gallic tribes conquered most of Western Europe, including Spain and from there Ireland.

The Cimmerians migrated into Denmark where they settled in what became known as the Himmerland (Jutland Peninsula), and there they were known as the Cimbri. They were closely related ethnically and culturally to the Gallic people, as they shared the same language and religion. Some of their descendants who were driven out of Jutland by the invading Danes, went to Belgium and aligned themselves with the Gallic Belgae, and from there migrated to Britain where their descendants became known as the Cymry.

The Geta ended up migrating into Scandinavia where they became known as the Geats; while another group that migrated into Europe later became known as the Goths.

The Iberians, who originated to the east of the Caucasis, migrated west and settled in what is now Spain, giving it the name of their home-country, Iberia.

Old December 17th, 2011 #84
A.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
Scythia was a vast and somewhat loosely defined region; so the ancient writers tended to call any group living in Scythia by the name "Scythians"; and the Gallic people at one time lived in part of what was once Scythia (the eastern European Galicia is on the Polish-Ukranian border). Other tribes that were considered to be Scythians included the Cimmerians/Cimbri/Cymry; the Geta/Geats/Goths, and the Iberians.

The Gallic tribes conquered most of Western Europe, including Spain and from there Ireland.

The Cimmerians migrated into Denmark where they settled in what became known as the Himmerland (Jutland Peninsula), and there they were known as the Cimbri. They were closely related ethnically and culturally to the Gallic people, as they shared the same language and religion. Some of their descendants who were driven out of Jutland by the invading Danes, went to Belgium and aligned themselves with the Gallic Belgae, and from there migrated to Britain where their descendants became known as the Cymry.

The Geta ended up migrating into Scandinavia where they became known as the Geats; while another group that migrated into Europe later became known as the Goths.

The Iberians, who originated to the east of the Caucasis, migrated west and settled in what is now Spain, giving it the name of their home-country, Iberia.
Are you Gaellic?

Old December 17th, 2011 #85
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Are you Gaellic?
Many of my ancestors were (Scots-Irish) and that is the ethnic group that I identify with most; although I also have Welsh and English ancestors. Most of my family left the British Isles in the 17th century and migrated to the American colonies.

Old December 17th, 2011 #86
A.G.

Default The fierce God Rudra

HYMN XXXIII. Rudra.

5 May I with praise-songs win that Rudra's favour who is adored with gifts and invocations.
Ne’er may the tawny God, fair-checked, and gracious, swifthearing, yield us to this evil purpose.

8 To him the strong, great, tawny, fair-complexioned, I utter forth a mighty hymn of praises.
We serve the brilliant God with adorations, we glorify, the splendid name of Rudra.

15 O tawny Bull, thus showing forth thy nature, as neither to be wroth, O God, nor slay us.
Here, Rudra, listen to our invocation. Loud may we speak, with heroes, in assembly.

--

I read on wikipedia that his hair are like yellowish-white, but cant find the vedic verse, i just found "the one with braiden hair".....
The God Indra is described as the one with "yellow hair and yellow beard" but its because he is "waxed in might" --> dyes his hair yellow from soma. So i guess its the same with Rudra in another verse he is called "soma head"*

why would he be tawny skinned if he is an blonde man naturally?

*9 Soma! head, central point, love these; Soma! know these as serving thee,
Children of thee Immortal, at the highest place of holy law.

Last edited by A.G.; December 17th, 2011 at 06:36 PM.

Old December 17th, 2011 #87
A.G.

Default Soma

The plant is often described as growing in the mountains (giristha, cf. Orestes), notably Mount Mūjavant. It has long stalks, and is of yellow or tawny (hari) colour. The drink is prepared by priests pounding the plants with stones.

Old December 17th, 2011 #88
A.G.

taw·ny (tôn)
n.
A light brown to brownish orange.

Old December 17th, 2011 #89
A.G.

Old December 18th, 2011 #90
A.G.

Quote:
Hymn 3.1.3 reads of Agni, "Bull, who beholdest men, through many mornings, among the dark ones shine forth red, O Agni."
His eyes are black, as is his hair. http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Agni

Old December 19th, 2011 #91
A.G.

Thumbs up

We have basically all 4 Races in India

-The Caucasian or White Race represented by the Caste Population both in South and North.

-The (Proto)Mongoloid represented by Tibeto-Burman Minorities [Adivasi]

-The (Proto)Australoid represented by Austro-Asiatic Minorities [Adivasi] and Untouchables who are of ancient stabilized Proto-Australoid/Caucasian [Indo-Melanid] Blend

-The Negroid Race represented by Ancient Black Slaves or Siddis

Summary by Indian Anthropological Census [Delhi]
http://www.athelstane.co.uk/tchodson..._ethn.htm#q024

Kashyap (2006)[11] designates 23 out of 54 Indian populations studied as Australoid, of which one speaks an Indo-European language (Dhangar of Maharashtra), 4 speak Austro-Asiatic languages (Kurmi of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar Kurmi of Bihar, and Juang and Saora of Orissa), and 18 speak Dravidian languages. 7 populations were designated as Mongoloid, and the remaining 24 as Caucasoid. No Proto-Australoid category was used. Note: Some mislabeling of Balgir's categories has occurred. Proto-Australoid embraces Dravidian speakers, whereas Australoid differs from these latter two.

-Southindians were never Proto-Australoid and/or Negroid like White and Black Supremacists trying to proove, they were meditteranoid stock caucasians just with darker skin because southindia is sunheater than northindia --> adpation of skin colour to climate

The Proto-Australoids are a hypothesized group of ancient hunter-gather people descended from the first major wave of modern humans to leave sub-Saharan Africa ~100,000 years ago. This hypothesis of human migration was developed in the 1950s, but more recent scientific evidence suggests that the first still-extant wave of modern humans to leave sub-Saharan Africa did so ~65,000 years ago rather than ~100,000 years ago.

Proto-Australoids are characterised by gracile body types, and are thought to have had deep dark-brown skin color and wavy, curly or frizzy black hair. They are also thought to have had long heads and broad, flat noses.[1]

Southindians didnt had broad flat noses and frizzy hair.

Arrian, Anabasis, Book 8:

The appearance of the inhabitants, too, is not so far different in India and Ethiopia; the southern Indians resemble the Ethiopians a good deal, and, are black of countenance, and their hair black also, only they are not as snub-nosed or so woolly-haired as the Ethiopians; but the northern Indians are most like the Egyptians in appearance.

Tamil Actresses of an Caucasian Nordindid Racial Type

Conclusion:
-BOTH Ancestral Northindian as well as Ancestral Southindian were Caucasian White Race --> the White Race can have an darker skin tone due to climate adaption not every white person is actually white skinned just like not every non-white person is dark skinned [japanese, albinos, north chinese etc.].

-Caste Hindus are not Hybrids between White,Black and Yellow like claimed by various Non-Hindu Supremacists.
-Minorities do exist, but they are minorities not the bulk of the Population.

---
THANK YOU!

Old December 19th, 2011 #92
A.G.

Pure ASI [Ancestral Southindian] are not australoids, and Onge are not ASI either.

once again:

The Reich et al paper had Nigerians-ASI distance at 1772, and Andaman-ASI distance at 1199

80,000-60,000 yrs BP (4,000 gens) split between Sub-Saharan Africans and Eurasians
40,000-30,000 yrs BP (2,000 gens) split between Western and Eastern Eurasians
34,000-25,500 yrs BP (1,700 gens) proto-Indian-Andamanese Onge split.
8000-6000 yrs BP (400 gens) split of Europeans and Adygei

so basically, ASI are so distant from Onge and australoids in australia and papua that you cannot consider them related at all, unless you consider that caucasoids are related to mongoloids as well as negroids.

ASI are unique to South Asia and in their pure form they probably already had caucasoid facial features. Btw its possible that ANI originated in south asia as well and spread out into west asia and europe instead before mixing within south asia with the ASI took place.

consider these facts:

"Thus, regardless of where this component was from (the Caucasus, Near East, Indus Valley, or Central Asia), its spread to other regions must have occurred well before our detection limits at 12,500 years. Accordingly, the introduction of k5 to South Asia cannot be explained by recent gene flow, such as the hypothetical Indo-Aryan migration. The admixture of the k5 and k6 components within India, however, could have happened more recently—our haplotype diversity estimates are not informative about the timing of local admixture."

http://www.cell.com/AJHG/fulltext/S0...2811%2900488-5

so that means that ANI [Ancestral Northindian] must have been in south asia long before any theoretical invasion, so long in fact that you can consider those people as locals, and that means all the civilization and inventions associated with south asia where made by the locals, not invaders.

and like i said earlier, nothing has been confirmed yet so its very possible that ANI is indeginous to south asia as well, and spread out into west and central asia, as well as Europe before local mixing with ASI took place.

@Originally Posted by the User treopod on anthroscape

Old December 19th, 2011 #93
A.G.

About ANI/ASI from Reicht et al

These results do not mean
that the Indian groups descend from mixtures of European and
Austro-Asiatic speakers, but only that they derive from at least two
different groups that are (distantly) related to CEU and Santhal.

http://www.genome.duke.edu/seminars/...ature08365.pdf

Thread