VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 8th, 2020 #61
Alex Him

Smile

The annotation:

Together with the authors of the movie, viewers will visit Dikson Island and learn about people's lives in the high latitudes of the Arctic. [The credits indicate that the movie used paintings by local artist Vladimir Korolyov.]

01:10 - This movie we shot on Dikson island at a time when a polar night was replaced by a polar day.

05:15 - "A refrigerator"

05:35 - "People's art gallery"

Old January 12th, 2020 #62
Alex Him

Smile

The annotation:

The movie is about one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, Budapest (the capital of Hungary) and about spending time on the days of rest of the townspeople.

Old January 12th, 2020 #63
Alex Him

Smile

The annotation:

Actress and singer Antonina Zhmakova (Антонина Жмакова) admired fans with her talent in the 70s and 80s of the 20th century. She played in the theater, acted in movies, was a soloist in the vocal and instrumental ensemble "Singing Hearts / Поющие сердца". We suggest you watch a short television movie where Antonina Zhmakova reads poetry, sings and dances.

Old January 21st, 2020 #64
Alex Him

Smile

The annotation:

This is a fragment of the TV program "International Panorama / Международная панорама" narrating about the economic blockade of Iran by the United States. On the air June 8, 1980.

00:01 - This monumental arch at the entrance to Tehran is the only surviving symbol of the overthrown monarchy. It was called the Shahyad Tower ("Shah's Memorial Tower", [now it is Azadi Tower]). The runaway tyrant left about himself another memory very close to the arch.

00:16 - These slums of the urban poor and thousands of people still live here. And nearby are unfinished houses belonging to the Shah elite. On the sweat and blood of millions of Iranians, not only the Pahlavi regime was growing fat. Western banks and corporations based in Iran received here 400-500% of return on invested capital.

00:41 - Soon after the Iranian revolution, which expelled the Shah and deprived his American billionaire friends of the favorable conditions for plundering Iran, Washington declared an economic blockade on the country. US froze Iranian financial assets, ceased supply of grain, spare parts and equipment for Iranian industry.

01:02 - Recently, as a result of Washington’s pressure, countries of the European common market have joined in partial economic sanctions against Iran. The imperialist powers and, above all, the United States seek to starve Iran and bring it to its knees. The refusal of some western firms to supply Iran with parts and spare parts and other necessary raw materials has already led to increased difficulties in the country's economy. Industrial production fell, the number of unemployed increased, prices for essential goods jumped sharply.

01:33 - In Iran, there is a growing belief among leaders and people that it is necessary to end the country's economic dependence on foreign countries. 20 kilometers from the capital is the largest car assembly plant in the area, "Iran National", built many years ago by the British company Hillman. This plant produces Paykan cars that are in high demand in the country, buses and other cars.

02:00 - The plant employs more than 11 thousand workers, technicians and engineers. They are experienced professionals employed in one of the modern sectors of the Iranian industry. The economic intimidation of the West also affected the Paykan plant. Production here fell by a third. Since 35% of all parts (mainly to car engines) are delivered from abroad.

02:26 - A reporter: In the assembly shop of the "Iran National" plant, we met with the director of the plant Sheikh ul Islam (?).

02:37 - Sheikh ul Islam: Our company producing various types of cars was nationalized last year. This stimulated the production process. At the same time, due to the threat of economic sanctions from the Western powers, considerable fears and difficulties arose. We decided to create stocks of raw materials and spare parts in case of tightening the economic blockade of Iran. Now we are striving to establish our own production of imported parts domestically. Many Iranian enterprises have expressed their readiness to start producing the necessary spare parts for our plant. We have a hard job to rid our country of economic dependence.

Old July 17th, 2020 #65
Alex Him

Smile

The annotation:

Tundra at different times of the year.

The movie contains instrumental pieces by George Firtich, Zinoviy Binkin, Oleg Zvonarev performed by a pop orchestra.

Old October 21st, 2020 #66
Alex Him

Smile

The annotation:

A movie about the rest of Minsk dwellers on one of the early summer Sundays.

Old November 1st, 2020 #67
Alex Him

Smile

The annotation:

A report from the "Novosti / News" TV program about the tests (on the streets of Moscow) of a new car of the Volga automobile plant (VAZ) "Zhiguli" VAZ-2101. On the air 10.20.1970.

00:01 - I'm curious right now. Sorry, comrades, for such an uninformative beginning of my report. Apparently, my old habit affected. Having worked as a driver for many years, like my fellow drivers, I met each new model with great curiosity. And now I am extremely curious: what is the "Zhiguli" car of the Volga automobile giant plant?

00:23 - Since the beginning of October, the main conveyor has been producing 200 vehicles daily. 200 cars is one tenth of the full design capacity of the plant. And by the opening of the 24th Congress of the [Communist] Party [took place in Moscow from March 30 to April 9, 1971], VAZ will already provide 400 cars per day.

00:40 - We asked test driver Vladislav Safonov to show one of the cars that arrived in Moscow today.

[I will not translate what Safonov says because he characterizes everything in the car positively.]

Safonov says that within 20 seconds you can pick up a speed of 100 kilometers per hour.

03:32 - The correspondent testing the car.

Old November 1st, 2020 #68
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Him View Post
The annotation:

A report from the "Novosti / News" TV program about the tests (on the streets of Moscow) of a new car of the Volga automobile plant (VAZ) "Zhiguli" VAZ-2101. On the air 10.20.1970.

00:01 - I'm curious right now. Sorry, comrades, for such an uninformative beginning of my report. Apparently, my old habit affected. Having worked as a driver for many years, like my fellow drivers, I met each new model with great curiosity. And now I am extremely curious: what is the "Zhiguli" car of the Volga automobile giant plant?

00:23 - Since the beginning of October, the main conveyor has been producing 200 vehicles daily. 200 cars is one tenth of the full design capacity of the plant. And by the opening of the 24th Congress of the [Communist] Party [took place in Moscow from March 30 to April 9, 1971], VAZ will already provide 400 cars per day.

00:40 - We asked test driver Vladislav Safonov to show one of the cars that arrived in Moscow today.

[I will not translate what Safonov says because he characterizes everything in the car positively.]

Safonov says that within 20 seconds you can pick up a speed of 100 kilometers per hour.

03:32 - The correspondent testing the car.

The first "Zhiguli" arrived in Moscow (1970)
Do you notice any of these cars still on the road? I remember I commented a few years ago in your Moscow/Zelenograd thread about seeing an East German Trabant amongst the newer cars shown.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old November 2nd, 2020 #69
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Do you notice any of these cars still on the road? I remember I commented a few years ago in your Moscow/Zelenograd thread about seeing an East German Trabant amongst the newer cars shown.
I remember this

You wrote me a private message:

"Polski Fiat?
Blue car in Zelenograd post #914 photo 7 looks like a Polski Fiat. Must be collector items by now, like East German Trabants."

I wrote back to you:

"Apparently this model VAZ-2106.
Its predecessor VAZ-2103 was developed jointly with the Italian firm Fiat based on the Fiat 124 model."

As for your question, Ray, I am not a car enthusiast and I don't follow what cars are going in the traffic flow (my attention in it can only be attracted by some unusual car).

But the Russian Wikipedia says:

"For the release of this model in May 1972, the Volga Automobile Plant was awarded the International Golden Mercury Prize. In 2000, the VAZ-2101 was named the best domestic car of the 20th century according to the results of an all-Russian poll conducted by a magazine "Za Rulem". During the entire production period (from 1970 to 1988) the Volga Automobile Plant produced 4.85 million VAZ-2101 cars of all modifications with a sedan body."

As you can imagine, Ray, almost 5 million cars cannot simply dissolve in fog over a period of 32-50 years.

Old November 10th, 2020 #70
Alex Him

Smile

Now I show you two of the best KGB agents

The annotation:

US Senator Joe Biden gives an interview at the Strategic Arms Limitation Talks (SALT II) during his visit to the USSR. ("News" On the air 08.31.1979)

The Strategic Arms Limitation Talks (SALT) were two rounds of bilateral conferences and corresponding international treaties involving the United States and the Soviet Union, the Cold War superpowers, on the issue of arms control. The two rounds of talks and agreements were SALT I and SALT II.

Joe Biden became a U.S. senator in 1972 and visited the USSR a year later in 1973. Six years later, in August 1979, he returned on an official visit. His destination in the Soviet Union was Leningradand the purpose was to convince fellow American Senators to support the strategic arms reduction deal between the U.S. and the USSR.

The annotation:

Meeting of the Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet [Council] of the USSR Andrei Gromyko and US Senator Biden, which was mainly devoted to the upcoming ratification of the Soviet-American Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty. ("Time." On the air January 15, 1988)

00:00 - Today in the Kremlin, Andrei Gromyko met with the famous American Senator, member of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the US Senate Joseph Biden, who is in Moscow at the invitation of the USSR Supreme Soviet.

00:17 - The conversation mainly focused on the upcoming ratification of the Soviet-American Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF Treaty).

00:25 - Comrade Gromyko said: "Now our main task is to ratify the signed treaty. The Soviet Union would like to believe that the negotiations that are now being held between our countries will also end in success and it expects that the American side will show a constructive approach to them. After the signing of the Soviet-American Treaty in Washington, our relations rose one step higher. This should facilitate the ongoing negotiations between the USSR and the United States on the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START I)."

01:15 - The meeting report will be published in the media.

The annotation:

Report about a meeting of the Moscow government with US investors, including the businessman and future US President Donald Trump.

0:01 - Today’s meeting of Vladimir Resin with the largest US magnates engaged in real estate was devoted to the issue of investments by US companies in Moscow construction.

0:11 - The first deputy prime minister of the Moscow Government did not hide his joy from the guests about the essence of their visit, because the share of American capital in the Moscow business is still negligible.

0:19 - Vladimir Resin outlined in general terms the state of Moscow construction and proposed several programs in which the magnates could profitably invest their money.

Old December 31st, 2020 #71
Ray Allan

Default Don't forget to turn off the TV - Soviet TV sign-off

I'm posting this at 0230 Pacific time. It's all right Alex, you can post more videos at sign-on time (0600 Moscow time?).

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old December 31st, 2020 #72
Paul Anthony
Banned

I have to be honest. Alex Him was correct. I have asked 25+ people in the past 4 months and Bulgaria was never part of the "Soviet Union" although they did have Hardcore communism, and they did business with Russia.

Alex you were correct!

No Bullshit!! And Happy New Years!!

Old December 31st, 2020 #73
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I'm posting this at 0230 Pacific time. It's all right Alex, you can post more videos at sign-on time (0600 Moscow time?).
I don't understand why I should pay attention to time, Ray

In any case, more than 5 hours have passed in Moscow since the new year began

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Anthony View Post
I have to be honest. Alex Him was correct. I have asked 25+ people in the past 4 months and Bulgaria was never part of the "Soviet Union" although they did have Hardcore communism, and they did business with Russia.

Alex you were correct!

No Bullshit!! And Happy New Years!!
Happy New Year, Paul!

The annotation:

The Mexican folk song "No señor" (in Spanish and Russian) is performed by the Academic Twice Red Banner Alexandrov Song and Dance Ensemble of the Soviet Army.

The annotation:

The movie introduces the work of the Academic Twice Red Banner Alexandrov Song and Dance Ensemble of the Soviet Army.

00:00-02:48 - A song about Soviet army / Песня о Советской армии.

03:00-06:02 - In The Field Stood a Birch Tree / Во поле берёза стояла.

06:04-09:07 - Under the Oak, Under the Elm Tree / Из-под дуба, из-под вяза.

09:15-11:33 - A fantasia on the theme of Russian folk song "Kamarinskaya" for balalaika and orchestra.

11:41-16:27 - A dance.

16:38-21:22 - Oh, the rye / Ой, ты, рожь.

21:32-26:57 - The Song Of Stenka Razin or From beyond the wooded island / Из-за острова на стрежень - Песня Стеньки Разина.

27:06-31:12 - Yo, heave ho! or The Song of the Volga Boatmen / Эй, ухнем.

31:21-34:37 - Varshavyanka / Варшавянка.

34:49-40:00 - Listen / Слушай.

40:13-43:44 - Covered by the battle wind / Кроет ветер боевой.

43:52-46:30 - The Field / Полюшко-поле.

46:40-51:35 - A Cossack dance.

51:45-54:29 - Along Petersburgskaya Street / Вдоль по Питерской.

54:41-56:29 - Let's sing a merry song (Ukrainian) / Заспiваймо пiсню веселеньку.

56:31-01:01:20 - Kalinka / Калинка.

01:01:30-01:07:05 - A dance "Zaporozhets [i.e. Ukrainian Cossacks]" / Запорожцы.

01:07:15-01:10:45 - What a moonlit night (Ukrainian) / Ніч яка місячна.

01:10:59-01:14:32 - The gray cuckoo sang (Ukrainian) / Закувала та сива зозуля.

01:14:33-01:18:17 - Let's go / В путь.

Old January 3rd, 2021 #74
Alex Him

Smile

The annotation:

This is a landscape movie about winter Moscow, it introducing many interesting historical monuments, architectural masterpieces of old masters and works of Soviet architects, about museums, theaters, parks, stadiums and other sights of the capital.

[When this movie was not yet available, I posted a fragment from it - https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=...2&postcount=11 ]

Old March 4th, 2021 #75
Alex Him

The annotation:

A report from Paris on the rise in crime in France. (An informational plot of a program "Time".) On the air 05.02.1978.

00:00 - "2 million crimes per year"; "Shootout in the center of Paris"; "Robbery murders increased by 20% over the year"; "Kidnapping for ransom" - Things like this have become commonplace in France.
"One in 25 French people are victims of crime every year."

[It was I who put these sentences in quotation marks. I believe these are the headlines of the French newspapers. - Alex Him]

00:24 - The French press from where these facts and photos were taken writes more and more often and more alarmingly about the growth of crime in France. The once calm Paris is now more dangerous than other capitals of the world.
According to statistics, the number of crimes committed per thousand inhabitants is equal to:
in Tokyo - 19;
in Rome - 71;
in Brussels - 78;
in Paris - 102.
On this scale, only American cities are ahead of Paris.

00:56 - However, it can not be said that Paris is left unattended. More than 100,000 policemen and 70,000 gendarmes keep order in France. As they say in the same newspapers, the police are not idle. They manage to solve up to 40% of crimes and offenses. But the rise in crime in France in recent years has taken on unprecedented proportions.

01:25 - Over 15 years, the number has increased:
armed attacks by 3000%;
burglary by 300%;
car theft by 400%.
Robberies and assaults are carried out on trains and at metro stations which have never happened before in Paris.

01:46 - The rise in crime worries the French. Most of them (this was shown by opinion polls) put the problem of crime in second place after unemployment and consider the fight against crime as the primary task of the government.

Thread