Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 15th, 2014 #1
Cora McGuire

Default Dr. claims she cured her MS through diet

Apparently TEDX is being pressured to delete this video and the like. Hence the warning on it:

http://www.thepaleomom.com/2014/01/c...city-talk.html

Old January 15th, 2014 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

Not saying it's not true, but I assure you that you can find similar claims for every single serious/chronic disease out there. I've researched it for ulcerative colitis. Guys weighing 140 pounds eating 90% lettuce and bananas have 'cured' their colitis. Sure they have.

Developing a serious or chronic disease often leads to despair. In that state, even rational people become susceptible to bogus claims.

Old January 16th, 2014 #3
Cora McGuire

Yes, I've seen quite a few myself, and was skeptical of this one too, but the woman who recommended her (and is a big supporter of hers) is a PhD who has healed herself of her own autoimmune illness *in as much as chronic illness can be 'healed', more like 'successfully manage'*, plus she lost a crapload of weight as well.

Her new book is available for pre-order, but there is a ton of free info on her page anyways. She is the one who has done the heavy scientific lifting behind the 'Autoimmune Protocol'.
I've been trying it since January 1st as I have Hashimotos , it's supposed to be really good for all kinds of autoimmune illnesses, of which I see ulcerative colitis is listed as one as well:
http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmunity

Tags
autoimmune illness, dr. terry wahls, food, multiple sclerosis, nutrition

Thread