Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 1st, 2006 #1
Hibernian

Default Tech Advice

I have a question: If I were to produce a half-hour info/comedy show by simply talking into a digital tape recorder and sending it to VNN broadcasting, would something like that be able to be used?

Provided the content was deemed of quality, of course.

Old April 2nd, 2006 #2
Stan Sikorski
Returned

Absolutely would be able to be used and very welcome too. I can post produce it for balance and with intro/outro music of your choice and other embelishments. Let me know how I can help in that regard.

One question: will it be scripted and if so can you send that along as well? It will make it easier to work with.

:cheers:

Old April 2nd, 2006 #3
Hibernian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Sikorski
Absolutely would be able to be used and very welcome too. I can post produce it for balance and with intro/outro music of your choice and other embelishments. Let me know how I can help in that regard.

One question: will it be scripted and if so can you send that along as well? It will make it easier to work with.

I can write the script up, no problem. I did something akin to this many years ago (pre-internet) and was told I have quite the flair for it:

I would do weekly 5 min messages that played over a digital (tapeless) telephone answering machine. Our organization (a KKK faction) distributed 1,000 cards with the number to the hotline on it. A new message every Saturday morning.

It had humor ( I do a lot of impersonations/accents pretty well) cheap audio special effects, etc. It was so popular that many times the message literally played non-stop for hours at a time.

I see no reason I could not just expand that same concept into weekly half-hour programs.

I'll try and get my ducks in a row on this end over the next couple of weeks and let you know what I have come up with.

Tentative program title: "Fida Clavo" with the Hibernian.

Old April 2nd, 2006 #4
Stan Sikorski
Returned

Excellent! Let me know how I can help you any way. I like the title too.

Old April 5th, 2006 #5
Hibernian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Sikorski
Excellent! Let me know how I can help you any way. I like the title too.

Thanks, Stan.

"Fida Clavo" (Faith Always) is my family name's motto.

I would like suggestions from anyone on what would be considered a "good" quality digital voice recorder? Brand names, model numbers, Pricing, Features, etc.

It would have to have at least 30 min capacity. I am a total electronic luddite, so any and all help would be most appreciated.

I think I am going to do this, but only if I can set aside enough time to do a weekly program, never missing a week.

Sounds like fun.

Thread