Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 8th, 2014 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post How Does Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Wind Up in Organic Meat?

How Does Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Wind Up in Organic Meat?

Activist Post

Activist Post

January 8th, 2014

By Heather Callaghan

There is a dizzying and vicious cycle of the overuse of antibiotics in meat production. Animals make up over three quarters of antibiotic use which has helped create a public health crisis .

We are now on third-generation drugs that are not combating the bacteria they were designed to eradicate.

Resistant bacteria is even found in antibiotic-free meats . Now, multiple drug-resistant bacteria is contaminating organic chicken – but how? And how do we avoid exposure? Especially for those who cannot or choose not to eliminate meat from their diet.

Dr. Greger describes above some reasons why organic chicken is now tainted with antibiotic-resistant bacteria. One reason is the sheer amount of waste run-off from farms. But the information somewhat ends there.

The punchline at the end of the video shows not only how far consumers and store employees have become removed from food sources, but also just how hard it is to avoid serious pathogens in store-bought meats.

Cattle and poultry stand a better chance to withstand disease if they are being fed their native diets. Respectively, grass and bugs. Not grains! Not genetically modified grains and soy. Unfortunately, even organic companies continue to feed their animals grain, calling the products vegetarian-fed . One result is an overload of Omega-6 fatty acid which leads to chronic inflammation and disease in both the animals and human consumption.

Organic doesn’t necessarily mean better when it comes to meats – for one thing, animal treatment is highly questionable. For instance, when egg cartons say “Cage-free” or “Free-range.” Doubtful. The more small-scale and local – as in, your neighbor who raises chickens and harvests their eggs – the less likely they will be contaminated.

The best way eat the cleanest meats is to get closer to your farmer. Really close. Almost snuggling.

20 Places to Find Local Food and Family Farms Near You

Also see:

Chief Scientist: Act Now or Live Through Deadly Post Antibiotic Resistance Era USDA Lifts Ban on Chinese Processed Chicken Imports

read full article at source: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/how-d...ic-meat_012014

Old January 9th, 2014 #2
James Dovery

"Cattle and poultry stand a better chance to withstand disease if they are being fed their native diets. Respectively, grass and bugs. Not grains! "

---

Cattle don't eat bugs, and Chicken don't eat grass.... Respectively .

Old January 9th, 2014 #3
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Dovery View Post
"Cattle and poultry stand a better chance to withstand disease if they are being fed their native diets. Respectively, grass and bugs. Not grains! "

---

Cattle don't eat bugs, and Chicken don't eat grass.... Respectively .
The article didn't say that. It correctly stated that cattle - grass and poultry - bugs.

Old January 9th, 2014 #4
James Dovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
The article didn't say that. It correctly stated that cattle - grass and poultry - bugs.
You're wrong but im roo drunk to care

Old January 9th, 2014 #5
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
You're wrong but im roo drunk to care
How am I wrong?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/respectively
Quote:
in precisely the order given; sequentially.
Strip out the excess words from the lines under debate:

Cattle and poultry stand a better chance to withstand disease if they are being fed their native diets. Respectively, grass and bugs.

and we have

Cattle and poultry, native diets, grass and bugs, respectively.

or

Cattle and poultry, native diets, grass and bugs, in precisely the order given.

Old January 9th, 2014 #6
James Dovery

Grass and bugs produce clean meat but grain fed meat is dirty.

OK, respectively.

Old January 9th, 2014 #7
James Dovery

Quote:
How am I wrong?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/respectively

Strip out the excess words from the lines under debate:

Cattle and poultry stand a better chance to withstand disease if they are being fed their native diets. Respectively, grass and bugs.

and we have

Cattle and poultry, native diets, grass and bugs, respectively.

or

Cattle and poultry, native diets, grass and bugs, in precisely the order given.
Relax. Don't be so anal.

People who use "Respectively" in an article annoy me.

Old January 9th, 2014 #8
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
From vocabulary.com:

'Respectively is used to indicate order, like if you said "Michael Phelps and Michael Jordan excelled in swimming and basketball, respectively." '

From thefreedictionary.com:

"respectively (rɪˈspɛktɪvlɪ) adv1. (in listing a number of items or attributes that refer to another list) separately in the order given:..."

In other words Bev...you are correct.

Or in my words, Bev and Dovery posted with their usual intelligence and stupidity, respectively.

Mike

Old January 9th, 2014 #9
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Relax. Don't be so anal.

People who use "Respectively" in an article annoy me.
I don't think it's "anal" to correct a misleading statement. I thought the article was enlightening and it annoyed me to see someone quibbling and nitpicking over part of it, especially when they were wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Denver View Post
From vocabulary.com:

'Respectively is used to indicate order, like if you said "Michael Phelps and Michael Jordan excelled in swimming and basketball, respectively." '

From thefreedictionary.com:

"respectively (rɪˈspɛktɪvlɪ) adv1. (in listing a number of items or attributes that refer to another list) separately in the order given:..."

In other words Bev...you are correct.

Mike
Thanks Mike, that's what I thought. Your explanation is even clearer than the one I found.

Old January 9th, 2014 #10
James Dovery

It's reakly easy to flush out the grammer Nazi's here. Lol.

The artikle is saying cows nibbling grass near feces on the ground in a field produces clean meat whilst cows eating grain from a bin in a feed lot produce "dirty" meat.

Eat a chicken that ate bugs or eat a chicken that ate corn? I know what I'd choose.

Old January 9th, 2014 #11
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Grass and bugs produce clean meat but grain fed meat is dirty.

OK, respectively.
I don't think that's what he' saying. I took it to mean - if an animal eats its optimal diet, it's better equipped to fight off infections and disease. I don't think he meant that bugs were more hygienic than GM soy or grains.

Old January 9th, 2014 #12
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
It's reakly easy to flush out the grammer Nazi's here. Lol.

The artikle is saying cows nibbling grass near feces on the ground in a field produces clean meat whilst cows eating grain from a bin in a feed lot produce "dirty" meat.

Eat a chicken that ate bugs or eat a chicken that ate corn? I know what I'd choose.

No ' in "Nazi's". It wasn't possessive. It was also not a question of grammar. You tried to imply he had said the exact opposite of what he actually said. This could have discredited the entire article.

I would choose the chicken that had eaten bugs. I don't trust GM corn.

Cooking the meat thoroughly will kill any germs on the bugs that might have survived through the digestion process and the death of the host.

In any case, we probably eat thousands of bugs ourselves over a lifetime without noticing.

Old January 9th, 2014 #13
James Dovery

Quote:
I don't think that's what he' saying. I took it to mean - if an animal eats its optimal diet, it's better equipped to fight off infections and disease. I don't think he meant that bugs were more hygienic than GM soy or grains.
Are cattle men to consider the long term health consequences of a high carb diet for an animal that will be harvested at the ripe old age of 2 years old?

Why dont we provide Obama-care to cattle too? Make sure their LDL and HDL levels are being managed before they get a pneumatic bolt to the head at age 2 and end up on a dinner plate

Old January 9th, 2014 #14
James Dovery

Quote:
No ' in "Nazi's". It wasn't possessive. It was also not a question of grammar. You tried to imply he had said the exact opposite of what he actually said. This could have discredited the entire article.

I would choose the chicken that had eaten bugs. I don't trust GM corn.

Cooking the meat thoroughly will kill any germs on the bugs that might have survived through the digestion process and the death of the host.

In any case, we probably eat thousands of bugs ourselves over a lifetime without noticing.

I don't know about you, but I've never sliced into and found a corn kernel (nor even so much as a grit) in a chicken breast fed by GM corn.

Old January 9th, 2014 #15
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Are cattle men to consider the long term health consequences of a high carb diet for an animal that will be harvested at the ripe old age of 2 years old?

Why dont we provide Obama-care to cattle too? Make sure their LDL and HDL levels are being managed before they get a pneumatic bolt to the head at age 2 and end up on a dinner plate

Unfortunately the import of cheap meat means that traditional farming and quality meat has had to take a back seat in favour of mass/cheap produced meat. When there are thousands or even millions more consumers in a country, then there is more demand for meat and less room for the meat to be produced in ideal conditions.

It's not the health consequences for the animal that I am quite so concerned with as the health consequences of the consumer. There are some very worrying and very definite health trends that are only just emerging and it is my firm belief that these can be linked - along with other things - directly to the way we have produced and eaten meat and its substitutes in recent years.

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I've never sliced into and found a corn kernel (nor even so much as a grit) in a chicken breast fed by GM corn.
Are you deliberately being obtuse? It's the effects of eating meat that has been raised on genetically modified produce that is of concern.

Old January 9th, 2014 #16
James Dovery

In the 50s/60s you would come home after work building the best cars ever made and your personal slave...er, I mean Wife, would have a fat-marbled chunk of juicy American beef waiting for you at the table like a King.

Today you spend most of your free time commuting in traffic to meet your co-equal partner who gets home after you and microwaves you a lean cut of shoe leather that you scarf down on the tv tray in between commercials of the latest no - talent show on the telescreen.

They have progressively taken away everything.

Tags
Genetically modified food, Antibacterial, Food, Bacteria, Activism

Thread