VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 15th, 2009 #21
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bandanza View Post
I am going to start doing this farmer's walk though. There is an exercise just like it where you stand in place and keep bending your knee forward and I you can even walk while doing it. I forgot what you call that type of stretch though, so forgive me if there is an actual name for it. I might of known what it was called before, but as of right now clueless.
Walking lunges with dumbbells.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...kingLunge.html

You can do it walking forward, or in place. Lots of videos on the web showing how to do this.

Mike

Old September 15th, 2009 #22
Karl Lueger

Yeah and while I recognize everyone on VNN is an expert on everything,
I would mention something about said OTC supplements thats probably in conflict with the experts..
but that shit does not work, its all a scam.

Anyone who just discovered 'farmers walks' would do better to buy a Rader,
Mark Berry or similar old-school book and almost work out once in your their life before increasing the price of your urine..
which is all those supps do anyway.

tried 'em all, they all suck.

nobody will share results because they do not exist
and anybody saying otherwise is a fucking liar,
which I know must be as stunning comment about the internet,
but it does happen.

any progress someone made, be it creatine, pre-workout, post workout,
shit they use when they fuck your girlfriend etc..was not related to the colorful mixtures, smoothies
and coated tabs.

Even Labrada and Gaspari have their own products now..
cool, except the gear they used when competing was real,
the shit they sell suckers is fake.

Performance enhancing drugs work wonderfully,
but you don't buy them in a store.

Rambo, John J.

Old September 16th, 2009 #23
John Cassidy
Homeward Yankee

Default Creatine works

I'm not looking for a fight Mr. Luger as you've written some good stuff on the forum and you have – if I might say it – a compelling avatar, but I really must disagree with your remarks about supplementation, at least in regards to Creatine supplementation.

The final common link in the energy transfer mechanism for every living thing on this planet is the perpetual conversion of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) into ADP (Adenosine Diphosphate) and then the replenishment of ATP stores by reconversion of ADP back into higher energy ATP. In the act of powering a living thing, an ATP molecule gives its energy when a biological system cleaves a phosphate ion from its molecular structure, an event that gives energy as well as changes the original ATP molecule into ADP.

When you exercise you transform your ATP into ADP and as you use up ATP you reach muscle failure. As you rest to recover between sets your body is working to convert the newly made ADP back into ATP so that you will be ready to do more work. The process of changing ATP into ADP and back again happens continually in your body but like many processes it has maximum natural limits. That is where Creatine Monohydrate comes it.

Creatine Monohydrate, when consumend, migrates to your cells (much like the Creatine you naturally produce) and becomes Creatine Monophosphate. What Creatine Monophosphate does is it donates its phosphate ions to any nearby ADP molecules and thereby transforms said molecules immediately back into ATP which is then ready to give energy to working muscle by going through the chemical change heretofore described.

Although your body makes Creatine the amount of Creatine Monphospate in your system is largely dependent on diet. Supplementing Creatine allows for an abundance of available phosphate ions which enables immediate transformation of ADP into ATP in your system. Your body's other methods of changing ADP back into ATP require much more time. The result of Creatine supplementation is a body that can continue to produce muscle energy longer than it otherwise could because it has more fuel available to for immediate ATP conversion. As a pratical matter that means muscles that can work longer, pump bigger, and move more more weight. It means the subject supplementing Creatine is stronger than he otherwise would be.

As you've alluded to, Creatine isn't that impressive to the big boys injecting testosterone enanthate and popping the occasional dbol pill. Creatine can't compete with that sort of supplementation. But for aging lifters looking for a legal suppliment, Creatine works.

Old September 16th, 2009 #24
Robert Bandanza
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Denver View Post
Walking lunges with dumbbells.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...kingLunge.html

You can do it walking forward, or in place. Lots of videos on the web showing how to do this.

Mike
Damn man, you got it. Now, I remember. Thanks comrade!

Thread