Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 17th, 2013 #1
William Herring

Default Gordon Ramsey

Once again, I assumed I put this in the right section. I am a chef. I don't in any way consider it to be an important job. It's just my profession and I happen to be quite good at it. I consider cooking for 30 people at a time about as difficult as scratching my own backside. I love Gordon Ramsey and his show "Kitchen Nightmares." It always cracks me up that these arrogant restaurant owners contact him and ask him for his help because their business is going right down the shitter, and then have the audacity to yell at him and get pissed when he tells them exactly why their business is failing. Chef Ramsey owns no less than 5 restaurants, each with at least a two-star rating. If anyone with those credentials were to come to me and tell me the things that were wrong with my restaurant, not only would I listen, I'd be taking fucking notes and recording that shit....lol I would go out on a limb and assume that Gordon Ramsey knows what the hell he is talking about when it comes to running a profitable restaurant. I could be wrong, but I kind of doubt it. That's like asking a guy who worked on a NASCAR pit crew for 20 years to take a look at your car and when he tells you what's wrong with it, you tell him he is full of shit....lolololol

People are pretty goofy aren't they?

Old June 19th, 2013 #2
Stephen

I don't watch tv, it's mindless bullshit for the masses.

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...omikh-enisxysh

Old June 20th, 2013 #3
Togar mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't watch tv, it's mindless bullshit for the masses.
RT is the only one not jew fuxated, once you skip Larry King.

Old June 20th, 2013 #4
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Herring View Post
Once again, I assumed I put this in the right section. I am a chef. I don't in any way consider it to be an important job. It's just my profession and I happen to be quite good at it. I consider cooking for 30 people at a time about as difficult as scratching my own backside. I love Gordon Ramsey and his show "Kitchen Nightmares." It always cracks me up that these arrogant restaurant owners contact him and ask him for his help because their business is going right down the shitter, and then have the audacity to yell at him and get pissed when he tells them exactly why their business is failing. Chef Ramsey owns no less than 5 restaurants, each with at least a two-star rating. If anyone with those credentials were to come to me and tell me the things that were wrong with my restaurant, not only would I listen, I'd be taking fucking notes and recording that shit....lol I would go out on a limb and assume that Gordon Ramsey knows what the hell he is talking about when it comes to running a profitable restaurant. I could be wrong, but I kind of doubt it. That's like asking a guy who worked on a NASCAR pit crew for 20 years to take a look at your car and when he tells you what's wrong with it, you tell him he is full of shit....lolololol

People are pretty goofy aren't they?
I used to watch his show semi-regularly 5 or 6 years ago. I've watched some more episodes this week for the first time in ages, some new-ish, some older.

I have the same reaction as you. It's bizarre that a person would ask for help from a person with a track record of success, and then not do exactly what the successful person suggests. In every(?) case, the restaurant is about to go off the cliff: a true WTF situation.

It makes the whole thing seem staged (and assuredly it is to some degree), but I don't think most episodes are complete BS. When you deal with the public, you find that most individuals are delusional to one degree or another.

I watched one episode about a restaurant called 'Sebastian's' that some goof had left Boston to open in LA. Search online for the reviews. I did (Yelp!, I think). Turns out, this crazy fuck was really crazy in real life, and what was depicted on KN was pretty much the truth, though it looked staged for all the world. He may have been hamming for the cameras, but apparently not that much. He's since gone out of business, reverting to his old ways after the makeover that was seemingly turning things around.

Old November 24th, 2013 #5
Timothy Moore

I remember Kitchen Nightmares, USA. One episode, Ramsey was in a kaffir restaurant and he found a rat. The kaffir accused Gordon of planting it there. Typical kaffir. Won't take any responsibility for it's filthy kitchen.

Thread