Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 14th, 2010 #1
varg

Woodpecker E-Activism: Youtube comment vulnerability

Is anyone else able to vote on youtube comments up repeatedly ?

Here's what i'm experiencing

1) post a video comment

2) click 'see all' comments

3) click the thumbs up icon on your post

4) refresh the page

5) vote again

6) repeat

Is this supposed to work? I'd figure they'd only allow one vote per username.

I got one of my comments with 10 thumbs up and listed on the top of the video comment page by myself.

Anyone else able to replicate this? We should post comments on the "Most Popular Youtube Videos" section with WN content and links to WN sites

Old June 14th, 2010 #2
varg

I believe this is a bug in the Youtube comment system. It only seems to work if you click the 'see all' link then vote comments up, refreshing the page lets you vote up more

Step 1:

----------------------------------------------------------

Step 2:

(all 10 votes by me)

Step 3: Refresh page, vote again, refresh, vote, refresh, vote, etc
---------------------------------------------------------

Of course the highest rated comment always gets listed at the top of the page.

Why don't we all post some WN related comments on the most popular videos that get tons of views? Lady gaga, etc and vote our comments or links to the top of the page

Most Popular Youtube Videos

Someone respond and let me know if this is working for them as well so I can draw more attention to it

Note: sometimes the first vote doesn't appear right away.. just keep refreshing and voting and after a minute or two you will see the vote count jump drastically. Even if your comment has more votes than the other 'high rated comments' it might take a while for the system to update and put yours on the top of the page, give it time and keep checking back.

** Some videos don't allow 'comment rating' and it wont show the top rated comments at the top of the page regardless of how many votes it gets

Old June 14th, 2010 #3
Bev
drinking tea

Works for me, though it wouldn't register more than 13 up votes on one comment. Doesn't seem to register thumbs down votes, either.

Old June 14th, 2010 #4
varg

Doesn't seem to limit the amount of votes I can give. I gave a comment 15+ votes until I got bored of clicking but I assume it woudlve let me keep going. I'm trying to figure out when it bumps the high voted comments up to the top of the page under the "Highest Rated Comments" at the top. It must be on a timer when it updates it because it wont put your high voted comment under that right away. You might have to wait an hour or more until it shows up. Also sometimes the "Highest rated comments" section disappears temporarily but usually comes back.

Here's some random comment by someone I voted up last night as a test run.

Old June 14th, 2010 #5
Elizabeth Fragale

It works for me too.

Old June 14th, 2010 #6
Bev
drinking tea

I've just gone back to the same comment I was rating, and can now vote it up to 21. Also, on comments that have a thumbs up, I can thumb them down, refresh and then repeat until all their thumbs ups have gone. Then if I click on the video again, it states the bloke I was rating has the highest rated comment and the only comments above it are comments from the video owner.

Last edited by Bev; August 4th, 2010 at 07:49 AM.

Old June 14th, 2010 #7
varg

The "Top Rated Comments" seems to update after a few hours. Keep checking back after you vote your comments up high.

Also, sometimes the top rated comments section completely disappears.

I left a comment on a Lady Gaga video with over 10 million views and voted it to the top and the "Top Rated Comments" section disappeared, I'm anxiously waiting to see when it comes back and if my comment will be up top

Old June 14th, 2010 #8
varg

God damn WN's are some lazy fucks in regards to actually doing something that matters. Here's a way to get our message heard by hundreds of thousands of people every day, displayed right up top on videos viewed by millions of people. All without getting out of your computer chair and doing it completely anonymously! Who even knows how much longer this trick will work before its fixed. To the best of my knowledge I'm the only one on the internet who has noticed this bug on youtube so far.

Stupid gossip threads and threads about nonwhites seeking attention get more of a response.

Old June 14th, 2010 #9
George Witzgall

Yeajh, but does anyone actually read comments? I know I don't.

Old June 14th, 2010 #10
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Witzgall View Post
Yeajh, but does anyone actually read comments? I know I don't.
I think most people read the top rated ones.. It's kinda inevitable since they're placed right under the video.

Old June 14th, 2010 #11
colleen

Do you need to have a youtube account for it to work?

Old June 15th, 2010 #12
August

LOL exploitable

Old June 15th, 2010 #13
August

Ten minutes later highest rated comments were removed.Fifteen minutes later that video was removed from the popular > most viewed page.

That's all right you fucking Yids,you can't be everywhere at once.

Old June 15th, 2010 #14
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Ten minutes later highest rated comments were removed.
I'm not sure what causes that or if it's a moderator intervening. It did it to me on some videos, and then comes back up if I wait a bit. It might just be related to when it updates the Top Comment votes, but I have no idea.

Old June 15th, 2010 #15
August

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
I'm not sure what causes that or if it's a moderator intervening. It did it to me on some videos, and then comes back up if I wait a bit. It might just be related to when it updates the Top Comment votes, but I have no idea.
I tried it on another video last and it immediately bumped the comment I was voting on up to the top,this afternoon all comments on that video were hidden,now they're all back up again.JewTubes's comment section is so buggy it's hard to tell what they're up to if they're up to anything at all.

Oh well,click F5 click F5 click F5 click F5 click F5 click F5 click F5 click F5 LOL.

Old June 17th, 2010 #16
Roy
Perception Manager

Another Youtube trick:

See the right hand column of recommended videos? How are these determined? Simply by Youtube keeping track of which video users watched previously.

You can use this to your advantage by clicking on and off two videos. I don't know the exact formula that Youtube uses, but I'm sure it ignores over-zealous clicking. You have to find the sweet spot.

As a rough guess, you have to click between two videos three times a day for about three days in order to see the results. If VNN'ers work together, I'm sure that we can get certain videos at the top of certain news stories.

I've seen it done with comedic results. A youtube video about backyard metal melting will have an Adolf Hitler speech as a related video. I'd like to see this little trick done with some of the videos with 1,000,000 hits. I'd like to link those videos about the Israelis kidnapping Palestinians and selling their organs on the black market with something like that congressman smacking the college kid upside the head.

OK. I'm going to link the two videos and let's see if we can get one or the other to have one video be the first recommended for the other.

Please watch one, and then watch the other right after it.

Thread