Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Radl View Post
This week:

Otto Rahn's 'Crusade against the Grail' and 'Lucifer's Court'
Arthur Penty's 'Post Industialism'
Richard Cavendish's 'King Arthur & the Grail'
Moses Luzzatto's 'Mesillat Yesharim' (- 'The Path of the Upright')
Jesus, Karl, you semiliterate, get your ass in gear and read a thing or two why don't you...improve your mind.

...the boobs they let in here...how embarrassing

Old October 18th, 2011 #82
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Hetzenauer View Post
Jesus, Karl, you semiliterate, get your ass in gear and read a thing or two why don't you...improve your mind.

...the boobs they let in here...how embarrassing

I know: I don't know quite how I can even type I am that illiterate (monkeys, typewriters, Shakespeare and all that).

Old October 18th, 2011 #83
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
I know: I don't know quite how I can even type I am that illiterate (monkeys, typewriters, Shakespeare and all that).
Umm...you kinda hit a sore spot with me...you see, I can't type; I have to peck this shit out two-finger style. Five-year-olds look at me like I'm stuuuu-pid!

That said, I have overheard people referring to me as "a real pecker"

Old October 18th, 2011 #84
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

King of the Hill...

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; December 30th, 2011 at 12:50 PM.

Old October 18th, 2011 #85
Evan Heathcliff
Is it good for Whites?

Quote:
Umm...you kinda hit a sore spot with me...you see, I can't type; I have to peck this shit out two-finger style. Five-year-olds look at me like I'm stuuuu-pid!

That said, I have overheard people referring to me as "a real pecker"

I learned to type in 1 day. It is one of the easiest and highest return on investment things to do for self improvement and it's like riding a bike too; once you've got it you never have to practice it again unless you want to increase your speed. Try it out. When you can type the word nigger in less than a second you'll never want to go back to hunting and pecking.

Old October 19th, 2011 #86
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Really, Evan? If that's the case -- and I'm sure you know what you're talking about -- can you recommend an online tutorial that will help me?

much obliged,
Matt

p.s. And if you folks think I run my mouth too much as it is, God help you when I do learn to type.

Old October 19th, 2011 #87
OTPTT
Banned

Currently reading Suzuki violin method book 1 and learning the various skill building exercises. Also All for Strings and its skill builders. And finally some songs I like written for violin.

Old October 20th, 2011 #88
ray bateson
baппed

Chat-rooms are ideal training-grounds for developing speed and key-placement memorization. It's how I learned.

Old November 21st, 2011 #89
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Just cracked God Against the Gods: The History of the War Between Monotheism and Polytheism by Jonathan Kirsch. So far, so good...

How many were aware that before the "One God" advent of the Abrahamic religions, that there were no wars of religion, no exterminations of those who chose to believe in whatever god or gods they had a notion to?...to worship whomever or whatever they damn well pleased without fear of retribution by those professing belief in the one and only true God? Judaism -- now here's a surprise -- was the first monotheist religion to initiate the mass genocide of non-believers (though contrary to what we've been indoctrinated to believe, not the first monotheist religion to take root). Gee, how unlike "God's Chosen People"; the "Benefactors of Mankind"; the "Light Unto the Nations"... my, my...

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; November 21st, 2011 at 02:07 PM.

Old November 21st, 2011 #90
Nate Richards

Quote:
there were no wars of religion, no exterminations of those who chose to believe in whatever god or gods they had a notion to?
I find that a little hard to believe. People fight over everything.

Old November 26th, 2011 #91
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Today they do, true. But hard as it is to fathom in this day and age, there was a time when people weren't persecuted for having religious beliefs that ran across the mainstream. And as I said, there are no recorded instances of mass persecutions, wars of religion or exterminations of those with differing religious beliefs; at least as far as I'm aware. But if you can cite any examples of such, then hey, I'm all ears. (And I'm not talking about isolated incidents, but persistent, ongoing persecutions of those who held religious beliefs differing from their tormenters.) Again: there were no known examples of religious intolerance and the ensuing penalties which followed until the Abrahamic religions arrived on the scene. It was God's Precious Darlings, the jews, who were the first to declare jihad, "holy war", against the infidels, and it was their spawn, Christians, who first instituted inquisitions and crusades; these charming practices were unheard of until that time.

Sure, common criminals in polytheist societies were tortured and put to death at the drop of a hat, and POWs were routinely sold as slaves, if not murdered en masse. But polytheists ("pagans" to all those not of the Abrahamic faiths) were very tolerant where religion was concerned. Ancient Greeks and Romans were free to practice whatever religion they wanted. (In the case of Rome, just look at the jews, monotheists, having the first Christian, Jeebo, brought up on charges in a polytheist society whose gods and practices bore no resemblance to either judaism or its offshoot.) And as none other than Sigmund Fraud (no typo), a firm believer in his race's/religion's superiority over all others, said, "Religious intolerance was inevitably born with the belief in one god."

Televangelists will spout their nonsense about paganism being an "abomination"; a "demonic, evil force" responsible for unspeakable horrors in the past. Bullshit. No other religions in human history were responsible for more deaths, more persecution than the first two Abrahamic religions -- judaism and Christianity.

Old December 3rd, 2011 #92
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Started on John Foxe's Book of Martyrs this morning and thus far it's pretty good. Can't wait till Foxe tears into BM's reign of terror; the book should really start to "heat up" then.

And speaking of the devil: You folks bring along the weenies and marshmallows; I'll supply the faggots and the Zippo (if I could only supply the former in the 21st century meaning of the term...*sigh*)

Old December 9th, 2011 #93
Alex Linder
Administrator

Reading a bunch of stuff, very slowly. Rereading this book, which I highly recommend:

Postmodern Times: A Christian Guide to Contemporary Thought and Culture. It's by Gene Edward Veith Jr.

It's good in an EMJsey kind of way (E. Michael Jones of Culturewars.com). His christ-insanity is irritating but he has very solid layouts of today's leftists and why and why they think as they do. They really aren't kidding when they say that there is no abosolute truth, everything is a matter of competing narratives. It's hard to believe that people actually believe this, but if you immerse yourself in leftist sites, eventually you come to realize they do. And that has consequences for the rest of us because these people dominate the idea centers and spreaders, leading to what Tyrrell called a perpetual prop-haze we all must live and breathe in - a real Kultursmog.

Old December 10th, 2011 #95
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Reading a bunch of stuff, very slowly. Rereading this book, which I highly recommend:

Postmodern Times: A Christian Guide to Contemporary Thought and Culture. It's by Gene Edward Veith Jr.

It's good in an EMJsey kind of way (E. Michael Jones of Culturewars.com). His christ-insanity is irritating but he has very solid layouts of today's leftists and why and why they think as they do. They really aren't kidding when they say that there is no abosolute truth, everything is a matter of competing narratives. It's hard to believe that people actually believe this, but if you immerse yourself in leftist sites, eventually you come to realize they do. And that has consequences for the rest of us because these people dominate the idea centers and spreaders, leading to what Tyrrell called a perpetual prop-haze we all must live and breathe in - a real Kultursmog.
Sounds as though it might be worth the while -- maybe I'll check it out.

Getting ready to crack Don Quixote: Part II. I read the first book years ago (a Harvard Classics edition), but didn't find out until fairly recently that Cervantes had actually written a second about ten years later (1615?); after some bozo had tried to cash in on his fame by publishing a continuation of sorts of the adventures of the Tilter of the Windmills.

I try to alternate my reading by doing shit like treatises/books on the Jew(ish) Question and the Holohoax, classic novels, classical Greco-Roman epics and histories, and European history from about the time of Rome's fall through the Napoleonic Wars; the French Revolution especially, as that was essentially the first real communist revolution.

Old December 10th, 2011 #96
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Currently re-reading Thomas de Quincey's complete works as a bit of a hobby.

As for my mainstream reading currently I am working my way through:

Vadim Birstein's 'SMERSH' (about Soviet counter-intelligence) [dry but interesting with a lot of relevant detail]
Mark Leier's 'Bakunin' (well written but the author is an anarchist himself)

I am reading Rosa Luxemberg's 'Werke' volumes at the moment as they shed a lot of light on the jewishness of the early KPD (particularly her innumerable letters to her [usually jewish] lovers).

Old December 12th, 2011 #97
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Currently re-reading Thomas de Quincey's complete works as a bit of a hobby.

As for my mainstream reading currently I am working my way through:

Vadim Birstein's 'SMERSH' (about Soviet counter-intelligence) [dry but interesting with a lot of relevant detail]
Mark Leier's 'Bakunin' (well written but the author is an anarchist himself)

I am reading Rosa Luxemberg's 'Werke' volumes at the moment as they shed a lot of light on the jewishness of the early KPD (particularly her innumerable letters to her [usually jewish] lovers).
What did you think of Quincey's Confessions of an English Opium-eater? I thought it a fascinating read.

Old December 12th, 2011 #98
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Old December 12th, 2011 #99
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Quote:
What did you think of Quincey's Confessions of an English Opium-eater? I thought it a fascinating read.
Quite an entertaining read even if I didn't massively approve of his apologetics; of a sort, for opium: I prefer his 'Murder considered as One of the Fine Arts', which is quite brilliant.

I think the description of him as 'Hunter S. Thompson' of the 19th century is fairly valid, but Quincey was mild by comparison if you believe everything Thompson ever claimed.

Old December 12th, 2011 #100
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Quite an entertaining read even if I didn't massively approve of his apologetics; of a sort, for opium: I prefer his 'Murder considered as One of the Fine Arts', which is quite brilliant.

I think the description of him as 'Hunter S. Thompson' of the 19th century is fairly valid, but Quincey was mild by comparison if you believe everything Thompson ever claimed.
What wowed me most about Confessions was the author's brutal descriptions of the effects of the drug on himself and the ensuing nightmares; terrifying stuff to say the least...

From what little I've read of ol' "Gonzo", I'd estimate that half of it is pure bullshit; especially a lot of the stuff in his book on the Hell's Angels. In fact, I saw an interview with past president and club founder Sonny Barger years ago in which he confirmed what I had at first suspected: Thompson was pretty much full of shit with his tales of the 1%ers.

Thread