VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 9th, 2014 #1
Mike
reasonradionetwork.com

Default Best word for LGBT[ABC...XYZ]?

Is there a handy word for the generalized militant homosexual/transvestite movement? It seems like we could use one.

The militant homosexual/transvestite movement refers to itself as LGBT, which is used as an adjective to name the "community" or the movement. There are also longer, alphabet-soup initialisms like LGBTQQIAAP which are obviously not meant to be actually used but rather to make a point about diversity. These sexual/"gender" militants have put a lot more thought into their language, propaganda and tactics than perhaps some give them credit for, and there is a reason for the seemingly absurd initialisms, the rainbow-flag composed of a spectrum of colors, and for the preposterous 51 "genders" now available for self-labeling on Facebook, outnumbering the flavors of Häagen-Dazs ice cream. The reason is to encapsulate the diversity-awareness polemic within the militant movement's very symbols, and to plant in the public's subconscious mind the idea that there are many more equally valid varieties of sexual/"gender" identity than simply male and female.

Incidentally, before being appropriated to express a form of personal identity, the word "gender" was primarily used to refer to a grammatical category that some languages have -- normally adjective forms will agree with the gender of the modified noun, as in Spanish bueno amigo. English has lost almost all of that old stuff other than the pronouns he, she and it and related forms. That's why in my opinion "gender" belongs in scare quotes. When you get right down to it, humans "genders" are pretty much the figment of the imagination, whereas the sexes male and female are real and biologically manifest.

Anyway, to get back to what to call the broader sexuality/"gender" movement: I have seen "homosexualism" used to describe the pro-homosexual movement, much as "feminism" describes the purported pro-woman movement. However "homosexual" is far too narrow to describe all these varieties of things, and it seems that there are ever more bizarre things coming out of the woodwork everyday, such as polygamy (of all sorts: MFF, FMM, MMM, FFF), bestiality, incestuous "love" (no, I'm not kidding), and of course the holy grail of these sickos, pedophilia. The only common trait that I could come with is that they are all opposed to normal, healthy, appropriate heterosexual relations -- in a word, they are all perversions. So I have coined "perversionism" to cover these militant perverts in all their actual and potential variety.

Thoughts? Is there anything better than "perversionism" and "perversionist" to describe these militant sickos?

Unplug the Jewtube NOW. / My ideology: [1][2] / "Race is real. The Holocaust is a social construct." - Alex Linder.

Last edited by Mike; July 9th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

Old July 9th, 2014 #2
cillian

I like queer as an umbrella term, because it is the opposite of normal. You have normals, and you have queers. Simple.

Old July 9th, 2014 #3
Mike
reasonradionetwork.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillian View Post
I like queer as an umbrella term, because it is the opposite of normal. You have normals, and you have queers. Simple.
Yes, queer is nice and simple, but the term I want has to be able to cover normals who advocate for the perversionist cause -- just as there male feminists, there are also heterosexual perversionists. I suppose that queerism and queerist could be synonyms of perversionism and perversionist.

Also, I think that among perversionists, "queer" has come to mean something rather specific in the spectrum of perversions. I don't think we want to argue with perversionists about what "queer" means, we just want a label for their generalized worldview and cause.

Unplug the Jewtube NOW. / My ideology: [1][2] / "Race is real. The Holocaust is a social construct." - Alex Linder.

Old July 9th, 2014 #4
Randal Goode

I'd say just call the "normals" you are speaking of dumbasses. But the truth is you are mostly speaking of hypocrites and mostly the parents and/or relatives of queers. That pretty much covers it. Non-queers simply think the very same as we do. Contemptuously of peter puffers and dykes. Do you have any impulse to lead the queer movement? Why would any hetero man or woman? You don't. Panderers and idiots are all that do this.

Old July 9th, 2014 #5
cillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Goode View Post
I'd say just call the "normals" you are speaking of dumbasses. But the truth is you are mostly speaking of hypocrites and mostly the parents and/or relatives of queers. That pretty much covers it. Non-queers simply think the very same as we do. Contemptuously of peter puffers and dykes. Do you have any impulse to lead the queer movement? Why would any hetero man or woman? You don't. Panderers and idiots are all that do this.
And that's kinda queer, as in, not normal, so it fits them too.

Old July 9th, 2014 #6
Mike
reasonradionetwork.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Goode View Post
There are legions of bleeding-heart liberals who've made homosexual "marriage" and choose-your-own-pronoun options for transvestites their pet causes, and who will probably go along for the ride for even more extreme stuff. These are definitely perversionists in my opinion, even if they are married to an opposite-sex non-relative legally adult partner.

Likewise, although they are getting harder to find all the time, there are also homosexuals who are reasonably closeted and are not pushing any agenda on society. They are perverts but not necessarily perversionists.

Thread