VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 11th, 2018 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default Star Wars mysticism and real-life equivalents

Now , as everybody can see by my avatar , I'm a Star wars fan ( not necessarily becaus I subscribe to the 'dark side' but merlely because I liked Ian McDiarmid's acting talent as the emperor . .)

This thread deals with the symbolism in Star Wars as this saga truly drew hard on real life equivalents . . .

First of all , there is the concept of a kind of universal energy field , 'the force' . . . .
The concept of a universal force can be found in the mythology of many cultures . . The antique philosophers already philosophised about a 'vis vitalis' , a life force which connects things , also called 'Anima mundi'

The Hindu people called it Prana and the Chinese referred to it as Qi . .

This force is said to have both a 'dark' and a 'light' side . .

Often , when pointing to the struggle between good and evil , there is a dark-light contrast involved . .

It started with Zoroastrianism to the Yin and Yang in Taoism to the belief about Christ and Satan in Christianity . .

In Star Wars Episode 1 the midi-chlorians are introduced , "microscopical beings dwelling in all living cells in communication with the force" . . George Lucas based this concept on Symbiogenesis , calling midi-chlorians a "loose depiction" of Mitochondria . .

Further Lucas said about this : "[Mitochondria] probably had something – which will come out someday – to do with the beginnings of life and how one cell decided to become two cells with a little help from this other little creature who came in, without whom life couldn't exist. And it's really a way of saying we have hundreds of little creatures who live on us, and without them, we all would die. There wouldn't be any life. They are necessary for us; we are necessary for them. Using them in the metaphor, saying society is the same way, says we all must get along with each other."

The Jedi Order ( or Jedi Knights ) in the saga could be interpreted as Buddhist monks who are into Martial Arts and are on a high spiritual level . .

They mostly dress like medieval monks , probably as an allusion that they are in league with a 'higher force' . .

Dagobah , for example , the planet where Jedi Master Yoda finds refuge after his exile , is an allusion to a Dagoba , the name of a Buddhist meditation temple . .

The supernatural powers Jedi possess are commonly referred to as Telekinesis and ESP . .

Also , Star Wars drew hard on many religious sagas . . Anakin Skywalker for example , who is the main character in the movies , is said to have been a virgin-birth , similar to the legends about Jesus , John The Baptist and Buddha . He later turns to the dark side but in the end fullfils the prophecy that he will be the one "who will bring balance to the force" by ultimately destroying the Sith . .

Parallels to the "act of redemption" by Jesus are hard to ignore in this act . .

Also , concerning the 'bad guys' in religions there are numerous allusions to be found in Star Wars . .

Darth Maul for example . . .

The horns which are visible are , in the movie , explained through the fact that Maul is a Zabrak , a human-like species which grows horns . . .

But the symbolism could , of course , be deeper than that . . Isn't that the way the Devil in Christian mythology is always portrayed ? I don't think it is a coincidence that Lucas chose a horned being to portray a bad guy . . .

Also , Darth Maul's body is tattooed in black and red . . Of course , red can also be interpreted as the colour of the Devil and as for black , Mara , the tempter in Buddhist mythology , is often depicted as a black being , especially on Buddhist mandalas . . .

Mara is also the surname of a woman in the Star Wars world , to be precise Mara Jade , one of the closest associates of and fighter for emperor Palpatine . .

The mythical Mara could be interpreted as "the devil of Buddhist mythology" . . . .

Star Wars also drew hard on the idea of witchcraft . .

During the Middle Ages it was believed that witches can produce lightning with their bare hands , an example Lucas also made true for the Sith . .

I think we should at least watch Star Wars with open eyes since it carries so much allusions towards real life. .

To me it is an interesting masterpiece based on human mythology . .

Old July 11th, 2018 #2
Ray Allan

That's true about examples of human mysticism George Lucas used in the fictional Star Wars universe. I did like the first three films in the series (actually Episodes IV, V and VI). Of the more recent ones, I've only seen The Phantom Menace. The whole thing just became too jewey like everything else in Hymiewoodland.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old July 11th, 2018 #3
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
That's true about examples of human mysticism George Lucas used in the fictional Star Wars universe.
I think they're hard to ignore . .

The 'force' has been deemed by many religious viewers as symbolising 'god' . .

Quote:
I did like the first three films in the series (actually Episodes IV, V and VI). Of the more recent ones, I've only seen The Phantom Menace.
Boy . . then you sure got a lot of catch-up to do íf you wish to keep track . .
Quote:
The whole thing just became too jewey like everything else in Hymiewoodland.

But you're right . .

Take this . .

. . a Negro Jedi ?

Watto was jewish though . . .

Old July 11th, 2018 #4
ColdFire
Banned

Funny thing is , more and more people sympathise with the idea in Star Wars . .

'The Force' is now a growing religion in the U.K. . . . .

And I think there might be something to it. .

To quote an old post of mine . .
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t12...5#post14143796
Quote:
I for one believe there to be a universal 'force' , indeed ..

Some kind of energy field comparable to a kind of 'universal intelligence' which penetrates the whole universe , a kind of universal thought ..

This 'universal thought' is steering things , which is why many people talk about 'It is fate' when things happen .. This 'universal intelligence' wants certain things to happen ..

The universe is filled with this force steering things just like an aquarium is filled with water and causes fish to swim ..

That 'universal intelligence' is often procalimed as 'god' ..

Actually I do not think this force just penetrates the universe , I think it is the universe ....
Lucas himself once said ( concerning the Star Wars universe ) . . "Star Wars is set in a far more advanced world . . Compared to now . .I think on a scale with a possibilty of maybe 1000 we may have reached 5 yet . . . . . ."

Who knows what the future brings . .

Old July 12th, 2018 #5
Ray Allan

Quote:
Boy...then you sure got a lot of catch-up to do if you wish to keep track...
I'm not too interested in the newer Star Wars films, I'm more of a Star Trek fan, since it was the more scientifically accurate of the two. I was 15 when Star Wars premiered in 1977, and after 10 years of watching Star Trek, I said, "Hey, why does Luke Skywalker's X-wing fighter have jet intakes when there is no oxygen in space (Bussard hydrogen collectors like the front of the Enterprise's warp nacelles?), and why does it fly like a WW2 fighter plane? Klingons were better shots than Imperial Stormtroopers, however the Klingons didn't have the Death Star, etc, etc. I still thought it was a fun movie. After seeing Samuel L. Jackoff as a Jedi Knight and alien nigger Jar Jar Binks, and jews Watto and Natalie Portman in Phantom Menace, that was enough for me. I realize Star Trek was quite jewey too, and there is even a thread about that elsewhere in the forum.

Old July 12th, 2018 #6
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
I'm not too interested in the newer Star Wars films, I'm more of a Star Trek fan . .

No , but seriously , I'm the exact opposite . . .

Btw, then I might have said "wish to keep Trek" . . . . .

Quote:
. . since it was the more scientifically accurate of the two.
Concerning technical posiibilities . .

Lightsaber may be a technical impossibilty . .

. . concerning hyperdrive , wouldn't be so sure though . .

Quote:
I was 15 when Star Wars premiered in 1977 . .
I wasn't even born when 'A New Hope' came out . . .
Quote:
. .and after 10 years of watching Star Trek, I said, "Hey, why does Luke Skywalker's X-wing fighter have jet intakes when there is no oxygen in space (Bussard hydrogen collectors like the front of the Enterprise's warp nacelles?), and why does it fly like a WW2 fighter plane? Klingons were better shots than Imperial Stormtroopers, however the Klingons didn't have the Death Star, etc, etc. I still thought it was a fun movie.
Well , well , movie mistakes . . .

Quote:
After seeing Samuel L. Jackoff as a Jedi Knight . .
This guy . .

Quote:
. . and alien nigger Jar Jar Binks . .

Headdesk . . because facepalms cannot express the stupidity of that creature . .

You know what's funny?

That bitch was Jamaican . .

Quote:
. . and jews Watto and Natalie Portman . .
Hmm . .

How 'bout another "I am your father"-scene in SW ?

Old July 12th, 2018 #7
ColdFire
Banned

The most bugging characters in SW are the Jawas though. .

I'm with Star Wars' "golden boy" on that one . .

"I can't abide these Jawas. .Disgusting creatures . . ."

https://www.starwars.com/news/6-of-c-3pos-best-insults

Old July 13th, 2018 #8
Ray Allan

Who's butthurt? I said I liked both Star Trek and Star Wars. But my personal preference was Star Trek. Apples and oranges, you know.

Old July 13th, 2018 #9
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Who's butthurt? I said I liked both Star Trek and Star Wars. But my personal preference was Star Trek. Apples and oranges, you know.
Sorry man , you got the 'butthurt' picture wrong . .

That was in reference to the makers of Star Wars. . .

No beef with you

Old July 13th, 2018 #11
ColdFire
Banned

Old July 13th, 2018 #12
ColdFire
Banned

Oh , I just wanted to respond to a post 'Goldbergstein' put in here . . . .

Think it was this one . . .

Why delete that post ,man ?

It was hilarious . . .

lol

The language Jar Jar spoke in was clearly Patois ( Jamaican dialect ) . .

Makes me think of this . . .

(Sry for once again adding a jew ( Sacha Baron Cohen ) to this thread . . .)

Old July 13th, 2018 #13
Ray Allan

I thought Eddie Murphy did Jar Jar's voice. I guess not.

I haven't seen the re-mastered versions of the original 3 films. So they re-shot the hologram scene in The Empire Strikes Back with Ian McDiarmid.

How did they re-work the scene in Return of the Jedi when Luke removes Vader's mask? Did they use the guy who played young Annakin Skywalker from the later films?

Old July 13th, 2018 #14
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
I thought Eddie Murphy did Jar Jar's voice. I guess not.

Eddie Murphy ?

He was more busy portraying that vampire at that time

Stuff à la Blackula . .

It was this . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Best
Quote:
I haven't seen the re-mastered versions of the original 3 films. So they re-shot the hologram scene in The Empire Strikes Back with Ian McDiarmid.
Yep . .

The times , they are a-changin'

Quote:
How did they re-work the scene in Return of the Jedi when Luke removes Vader's mask? Did they use the guy who played young Annakin Skywalker from the later films?
Nope . .

Darth Vader grew older. .Between the plot of Episode 3 and 4 about 20 years have passed. .

They changed the image of his 'spirit' appearing at the end though . .

Old July 13th, 2018 #15
Adolf Goldbergstein
Banned

Yeah they changed the force ghost. I assume since that was back when he was good? Otherwise, why not change Ben's force ghost as well?

Old July 13th, 2018 #16
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolf Goldbergstein View Post
Yeah they changed the force ghost.
"Force ghost". .

Such occurances are , by esotericists , referred to as 'familiar spirits' . .

Some realistically , some . . ahemm , not so realistically . . .

Quote:
I assume since that was back when he was good?
Maybe they just wanted to give Hayden Christensen some more screen time ?

Quote:
Otherwise, why not change Ben's force ghost as well?
It was , in a way , illogical , since when 'going over to the force' people are said to remain in the shape in which they 'passed' . .

On a side note . . In 'Indiana Jones and the temple of doom' , also one of Lucas' works , he made allusion to the Star Wars movies. .

( fictitious name of a night club in Thailand . .)

Old July 14th, 2018 #17
ColdFire
Banned

LOL , the fact that they didn't make 'Jar Jar' look like that in the movie makes me wonder . .

With a language like that he could have become a Reggae star . .

Old July 14th, 2018 #18
Adolf Goldbergstein
Banned

I have the unaltered original trilogy. The prequels I may have the unaltered ones as well, not sure. If not, then they are the
2004 edits. The Phantom Menace still has the puppet Yoda.

As a side note, Jar Jar needs his own trilogy.

Old July 14th, 2018 #19
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolf Goldbergstein View Post
I have the unaltered original trilogy. The prequels I may have the unaltered ones as well, not sure. If not, then they are the
2004 edits. The Phantom Menace still has the puppet Yoda.

Dude ,it always has some kind of nostalgia to it when you own "the original stuff from back then" . . .

On a side note, I wouldn't wanna miss that scene though. . .

Quote:
As a side note, Jar Jar needs his own trilogy.

Sorry ,no beef with you dude , but what are you smoking ? ? ?

He was already bugging as fuck in Ep. 1 . . .

Old July 14th, 2018 #20
Ray Allan

Use the Force, Jeremiah!

Thread