Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 21st, 2003 #1
PROG

Default Time's "Person of the Year" - The U.S. Soldier

I thought it was interesting, though expected, that the black and White woman are placed in the foreground, while the White man, who is in reality the majority on the front-lines, is regulated to the background.

It looks like a good example of propaganda/marketing to plant the seed, falsely, into the minds of the public that blacks and White women are doing the bulk of the fighting for White men.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/21/per....ap/index.html

Quote:
Time Person of Year: The American soldier
Sunday, December 21, 2003 Posted: 8:42 AM EST (1342 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- The American soldier, who bears the duty of "living with and dying for a country's most fateful decisions," was named Sunday as Time magazine's Person of the Year.

The magazine's editors chose the nameless soldier to represent the 1.4 million men and women who make up the U.S. military, which led the invasion of Iraq nine months ago and a week ago captured deposed leader Saddam Hussein...
Quote:
Soldiers were singled out as the top newsmakers of the year because "the very messy aftermath of the war made it clear that the mission had changed, that the mission had not been completed and that this would be a story that would be with us for months, if not years, to come," Time Managing Editor Jim Kelly said.

The selection echoes 1950, the year the Korean War began, when editors picked the American GI for the cover, writing that "it was not a role the American had sought, either as an individual or as a nation. The U.S. fighting-man was not civilization's crusader, but destiny's draftee."

The 2003 Person of the Year package, which hits newsstands Monday, focuses on a 12-person artillery survey unit stationed in Iraq to tell the story of the American soldier. Two Time journalists embedded with the platoon were injured in a grenade attack this month.

Three soldiers with the unit -- Marquette Whiteside, Billie Grimes and Ronald Buxton -- are shown on the cover...

Last edited by PROG; December 21st, 2003 at 01:04 PM.

Old December 21st, 2003 #2
Carol Brady

Front-line troops DISPROPORTIONATELY WHITE, not black

Numbers refute long-held belief

By Dave Moniz and Tom Squitieri

USA TODAY
2003/01/21

WASHINGTON -- The American troops likeliest to fight and die in a war against Iraq are disproportionately white, not black, military statistics show -- contradicting a belief widely held since the early days of the Vietnam War.

In a little-publicized trend, black recruits have gravitated toward non-combat jobs that provide marketable skills for post-military careers [yeah, whatever], while white soldiers are over-represented in front-line combat forces.

The tilt toward white combat troops is recognized by many senior commanders and a small group of scholars who study the military.

"If anybody should be complaining about battlefield deaths, it is poor, rural whites," says Charles Moskos, a military sociologist at Northwestern University in Illinois.

When Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., called recently for the return of a military draft, he evoked images of inequality raised during the early years of the Vietnam War, when black soldiers died at rates much greater than their share of the U.S. population.

Though Rangel is right that blacks and lower-income Americans still serve in disproportionate numbers, that fact misses another significant trend. While blacks are 20% of the military -- compared with 12% of the U.S. population -- they make up a far smaller percentage of troops in combat jobs on the front line.

In a host of high-risk slots -- from Army commandos to Navy and Air Force fighter pilots -- blacks constitute less than 5% of the force, statistics show.

Blacks, especially in the enlisted ranks, tend to be disproportionately drawn to non-combat fields such as unit administration and communications. They are underrepresented in jobs shooting rifles or dropping bombs.

Examples:

* Of the Army's 45,586 enlisted combat infantryman, 10.6% are black.

* Of the Air Force's 12,000 pilots, 245, or about 2%, are black.

* In the Navy, 2.5% of the pilots are black.

Senior Air Force officials say they are troubled by the number of black pilots and plan to do better.

* The Army's enlisted Green Berets are among the least diverse groups in the military. Only 196 of the Army's 4,278 enlisted Green Berets -- fewer than 5% -- are black.

The reasons for the racial divide are unclear, but several theories have emerged, including lingering racism in some quarters of the military and a tendency among black recruits to choose jobs that help them find work in the civilian sector.

[Pathetic excuse making for negroes who can't cut it mentally or physically.]

Here

Old December 21st, 2003 #3
William Robert
Banned

Default Wow, I never thought of it that way. my first impression was that.....

The 3 "incomplete" people all formed one "american" soldier.

The American soldier traditionally has been depicted as a White Male.

According to the Founders of the Country, so we hear, blacks were not complete with regards to their voting ability, women where not allowed to vote either, and communist zionists would have never been allowed to be represented.

I thought the "so-called white woman" was actually a mestizo lesbian, being "backed", if you will, by the Black and the "White looking" Jew in the background. Please tell me this guy is not a Jew?? and the White women is not a lesbian mestizo.

True, since the draft laws have been changed, white women will be the ones who will actually be drafted, deported, and destroyed. As opposed to the mestizo looking lesbians, that are infiltrating the country at unprecedented rates.

With regard to the new "American Soldier", I was quick to notice an asbsence of American identification.

I suppose these generically dressed new Soldiers are the new rent-a-cops of the global community, if you will, being able to be commanded by any U.N. authorized General from any country, at any time, in any place, for any reason.

I'm feeling so patriotic after seeing the cover of Time, makes me want to run out right now and offer my children to their most holy cause. NOT!

Just kidding, Wow what a great article, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROG
I thought it was interesting, though expected, that the black and White woman are placed in the foreground, while the White man, who is in reality the majority on the front-lines, is regulated to the background.

It looks like a good example of propaganda/marketing to plant the seed, falsely, into the minds of the public that blacks and White women are doing the bulk of the fighting for White men.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/21/per....ap/index.html

Old December 22nd, 2003 #4
Draco
Rational Realistic Racist

Draco

Well,

If the living glory hole of the jews Bush is given the election again, the draft will be coming back, and once again poorer whites will find themselves dying for the jew.

Patriotic, itz!

Old December 22nd, 2003 #5
Gott

Gott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco
Well,

If the living glory hole of the jews Bush is given the election again, the draft will be coming back, and once again poorer whites will find themselves dying for the jew.

Patriotic, itz!
Anybody know what percentage of combat troops over there are women or other minorities?

Old May 4th, 2004 #6
Miskatonic

Miskatonic

Just more irrefutable evidence that the media is not objective by any stretch of the imagination, and always does the bidding of the chosenites. David Lane was right when he said that Tyrannical deeds will be masked by jingoistic rhetoric. Let's just hope the lemmings get sent over to raghead land for a little first hand look at diversity and "democracy", I can think of several thousand at my college that I wouldn't mind seeing drafted.

Old May 11th, 2004 #7
Politico
Mau Mau Warden

Politico

Of course Time is going to support the war effort. Time is owned by a Jew. That war is killing off more Jewish enemies in the region. The spin on this war will always be pro-war as long as it serves Israel.

Thread