Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 9th, 2004 #1
Magog

Default AIDS TV Ad.

Have any of you sen the latest AIDS ad on TV? A boys voice says this is were my dad died... This is were my sister died, she was real strong and fought for a long time... It was a white kid in a mid class neighborhood... As if white people get AIDS, adn when we do it hits the whole family, so we better give all our money to find a cure. AIDS trying to make it a white issue. On a brighter note, I can't help but think, they did not want to show blacks with AIDS, cause it would show the world how they live and what they are like.

Old February 10th, 2004 #2
Georgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magog
Have any of you sen the latest AIDS ad on TV? A boys voice says this is were my dad died... This is were my sister died, she was real strong and fought for a long time... It was a white kid in a mid class neighborhood... As if white people get AIDS, adn when we do it hits the whole family, so we better give all our money to find a cure. AIDS trying to make it a white issue. On a brighter note, I can't help but think, they did not want to show blacks with AIDS, cause it would show the world how they live and what they are like.
Thats kind of funny that they would show it that way because today I was another commercial about AIDS. It started off like one of those tornado warning type of things but without all the loud beepings. It had all this "Attention African Americans" followed by how AIDS is the number one killer of "African American" adults ages 24-40 (or close to that). If theres a good reason not to have sex with niggers, then that should be it.

Old February 19th, 2004 #3
bedford

Blacks make up about 40% of the total reported AIDS cases in America.
They make up 40 to 50% of HIV infections. As of 12/03 there were approximately
870,000 reported cases of AIDS since the epidemic started in 1981. Of these,
350,000 were among black people.

Old May 11th, 2004 #4
Politico
Mau Mau Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedford
Blacks make up about 40% of the total reported AIDS cases in America.
They make up 40 to 50% of HIV infections. As of 12/03 there were approximately
870,000 reported cases of AIDS since the epidemic started in 1981. Of these,
350,000 were among black people.
Those stats seem rather surprising to me. I would have thought that at least 80 percent in both categories would have been black!

Thread