Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Uncensored Europe + > United Kingdom
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old February 13th, 2013 #81
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson View Post
Boy, sometimes it is hard being right.

How common it the "explosive" term in the supplement world?

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...w=1366&bih=655

I'm sorry, but the people that are making a big deal about this product name sound like a bunch of whiny jews who cry at every perceived injustice in the world.
That's distasteful marketing, whichever way you look at it. I'm not as enraged as some over it, but then I haven't had a relative blown to bits by explosive semtex.

Caffeine (from Anhydrous Cocoa, Guarana) 328mg
Brazilian Cocoa Extract 240mg
Capsicum (Cayenne) Extract 190mg
Green Tea Extract 40mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) 35mg NE. RDA 218%
Guarana Extract 24mg
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 20mg
Boperine 9mg

Take two of these quantities every day. Lovely. Wired on caffeine and guarana - migraines and (less likely but possible) heart attacks here we come.

One would do a lot better simply drinking green tea for the anti-oxidant properties.

Old February 13th, 2013 #82
22 G

Default Victims of Semtex and Power Gel

Old February 13th, 2013 #83
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
That's distasteful marketing, whichever way you look at it. I'm not as enraged as some over it, but then I haven't had a relative blown to bits by explosive semtex.
Distasteful or not, the term "explosive" is one of the biggest buzzwords in the entire nutrition/supplement/exercise world, and has been so for many years. That word can be found in the majority of products' or exercise routines' description, and has been commonplace for years in the industry.

I see no difference with the Semtex name brand, than say the Mega Blast name brand. Bottom line, this is nothing but the result of an oversensitive society where everything is offensive, and should therefore be stopped.

As far as taking that garbage, I wouldn't recommend it.

Old February 13th, 2013 #84
The Truth At Last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson View Post
Distasteful or not, the term "explosive" is one of the biggest buzzwords in the entire nutrition/supplement/exercise world, and has been so for many years. That word can be found in the majority of products' or exercise routines' description, and has been commonplace for years in the industry.

I see no difference with the Semtex name brand, than say the Mega Blast name brand. Bottom line, this is nothing but the result of an oversensitive society where everything is offensive, and should therefore be stopped.

As far as taking that garbage, I wouldn't recommend it.
To be honest I think it was more of non story on a no news day and they just gave some tart who's famous for being famous some free publicity and filled a page in the paper. ( not got a clue what she's supposed to do or be )

They should nip down to my local club and order a Chernobyl ( vodka and irn bru ) make up a story and fill two pages about how outraged some passing Ukrainians are .

Old February 16th, 2013 #85
Zander

Anybody who wants to look like Jodie Marsh deserves to be blown-up anyway!!

Old February 17th, 2013 #86
Bob 88
This Time The World !

I was browsing the latest Jacamo catalogue earlier on -I buy a lot of gear from them its quite good

One of their sports gear labels is called ADDICT they even have the label on front of the clothing!.

Old February 17th, 2013 #87
Bev
drinking tea

I don't find "Addict" as disturbing as "Semtex" maybe because addicts are unlikely to buy sports gear? I dunno how to rationalise it.

Thread