Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 8th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 45,373
Blog Entries: 34
Alex Linder
Default #1 Life Outside Earth / Space Aliens Thread

[scanned this, looks interesting, not sure what to make of it]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...s-9782153.html
 
Old October 9th, 2014 #2
Ray Allan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8,471
Ray Allan
Default

This is interesting news and more study needs to be done to conclusively prove these objects/organisms are actually extraterrestrial. Back in 1996 there was the big story about a 4.1 billion year-old meteorite called ALH84001 discovered in Antarctica in 1984 which came from Mars and supposedly contained fossilized remains of microscopic bacteria. So far, this has not been proven 100 percent these actually are alien life forms, but the evidence is pretty strong.

It wouldn't be surprising at all that life of some sort, including intelligent life exists elsewhere besides on Earth, considering the same elements that make up our own planet and humans exists everywhere else in the universe. It's possible simple microbial life could still be found on Mars, probably underground protected from solar radiation or on Jupiter's ice-covered moon Europa where scientists believe a vast ocean of liquid water exists under the ice.

Just in the last 20 years hundreds of exo-planets orbiting other stars in our galaxy have been detected, some orbiting in what astronomers call the "Goldilocks Zone" the right distance away from the parent star for liquid water and possibly life to be present much like Earth's position in our Solar System. Frank Drake, the man who in 1960 led the first Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) using the Green Bank radio telescope in West Virginia, came up with the famous Drake Equation postulating millions of possible habitable planets and intelligent civilizations. So yes, life almost certainly has to exist outside Earth.
 
Old October 9th, 2014 #3
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Doom Fort II
Posts: 2,800
Sam Emerson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
[scanned this, looks interesting, not sure what to make of it]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...s-9782153.html
Even if these things are from space they could still originate on Earth, thrown into space millions of years ago by a volcano or meteor impact and finally falling back. But it's also possible they're from another planet in the solar system, or from outside. If that's confirmed, and these things prove to be the remains of life forms of some kind, that will suggest that life is extremely common since if it's rare the odds are against any of it showing up during one of the first searches.
 
Old October 9th, 2014 #4
Gerry Fable
Gottgläubiger
 
Gerry Fable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,281
Gerry Fable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Emerson View Post
Even if these things are from space they could still originate on Earth, thrown into space millions of years ago by a volcano or meteor impact and finally falling back. But it's also possible they're from another planet in the solar system, or from outside. If that's confirmed, and these things prove to be the remains of life forms of some kind, that will suggest that life is extremely common since if it's rare the odds are against any of it showing up during one of the first searches.
The Earth theory is 99.99% likely IMO. Not that I am an expert of course, just plain common sense.

Not too sure about the volcano theory from millions of years ago though. Me thinks they would have died out by now. Or, at the vest least, have evolved into something new and more complex. Assuming, that is, the laws of physics allow life to evolve at such an high altitude.
 
Old October 10th, 2014 #5
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Doom Fort II
Posts: 2,800
Sam Emerson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Fable View Post
The Earth theory is 99.99% likely IMO. Not that I am an expert of course, just plain common sense.

Not too sure about the volcano theory from millions of years ago though. Me thinks they would have died out by now.
They're dead.
 
Old October 10th, 2014 #6
Crowe
Senior Member
 
Crowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,433
Crowe
Default

I don't think its a matter of if, but when. It seems like basic common sense that something else being out there somewhere is a given considering the size of the universe. The only reason as a society that we don't assume we're not alone is to cater to religious sensitivities who's whole ideologies would be crushed if something else was proven to be out there.
 
Old October 10th, 2014 #7
Gerry Fable
Gottgläubiger
 
Gerry Fable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,281
Gerry Fable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
I don't think its a matter of if, but when. It seems like basic common sense that something else being out there somewhere is a given considering the size of the universe. The only reason as a society that we don't assume we're not alone is to cater to religious sensitivities who's whole ideologies would be crushed if something else was proven to be out there.
Not all religious ideologies are Earth bound, because all religions do not believe in the same ideal of divinity and nature. That the Earth is the centre of the universe where life was orignally created. Some religions are cosmic (Hinduism, Buddhism and the majority of pagan religions) and believe life exists throughout the universe, while other religions are Earth-centric such as Christianity and Islam. Which religion/s are you talking about!?

Last edited by Gerry Fable; October 11th, 2014 at 03:38 AM.
 
Old October 11th, 2014 #8
Ray Allan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8,471
Ray Allan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
I don't think its a matter of if, but when. It seems like basic common sense that something else being out there somewhere is a given considering the size of the universe. The only reason as a society that we don't assume we're not alone is to cater to religious sensitivities who's whole ideologies would be crushed if something else was proven to be out there.
The Brookings Report, commissioned by NASA in 1960 addressed that contact with an extraterrestrial species or civilization would have severe repercussions to human societal and religious systems if people discovered we are not alone in the universe to the point of anarchy and collapse. The common narrative espoused by court historians is that a less technologically or socially advanced society or group of people has always suffered after contact with a more advanced one and eventually disappears. This report has also been cited by various conspiracy circles and UFO researchers as one reason the government has been hiding evidence of past ET visitation and contact with Earth, such as the Roswell Incident, the many reports of alien abductions, cattle mutilations, crop circles, etc.

It no doubt would greatly affect some of the more primitive cultures and religions on this planet and many Christ-cultists in the White world if alien contact was made and realize we aren't the center of the universe, but I think the more intelligent among us would get over it, much like people eventually accepted that the Earth is round, not flat and that it orbits around the Sun, not vice-versa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookings_Report

Last edited by Ray Allan; October 11th, 2014 at 02:48 AM.
 
Old May 9th, 2015 #9
Crowe
Senior Member
 
Crowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,433
Crowe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
The Brookings Report, commissioned by NASA in 1960 addressed that contact with an extraterrestrial species or civilization would have severe repercussions to human societal and religious systems if people discovered we are not alone in the universe to the point of anarchy and collapse. The common narrative espoused by court historians is that a less technologically or socially advanced society or group of people has always suffered after contact with a more advanced one and eventually disappears. This report has also been cited by various conspiracy circles and UFO researchers as one reason the government has been hiding evidence of past ET visitation and contact with Earth, such as the Roswell Incident, the many reports of alien abductions, cattle mutilations, crop circles, etc.

It no doubt would greatly affect some of the more primitive cultures and religions on this planet and many Christ-cultists in the White world if alien contact was made and realize we aren't the center of the universe, but I think the more intelligent among us would get over it, much like people eventually accepted that the Earth is round, not flat and that it orbits around the Sun, not vice-versa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookings_Report
In a way I sorta agree Brookings Report. If we were to make contact with an ET species thousands of years more advanced than we are, I don't see how that would be beneficial for us. I'd prefer something else out there just leave us the hell alone until we're close to a similar technology level. We need to develop technology and advance by our own means, not jump 1000 years ahead in 20 years because of alien tech.
 
Old May 10th, 2015 #10
Ray Allan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8,471
Ray Allan
Default

Although I think it would be great if extraterrestrials introduced technology that would enable us to leave this rapidly screwed-up planet and relocate to a new world elsewhere in the galaxy, chances are it won't happen anytime soon given the immense distances of interstellar and intergalactic space and we will be left alone. Even if aliens have discovered Earth recently either through our radio and TV transmissions or by exploration, or came in the distant past, it's possible they have some type of non-interference directive or philosophy to let us and similar worlds progress on their own. If any hostile alien species discovered us, you'd think they would have conquered or destroyed us by now. So we will probably have to wait and get out there on our own assuming we don't self-destruct before reaching that technological level.
__________________
"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor
 
Old May 10th, 2015 #11
Gerry Fable
Gottgläubiger
 
Gerry Fable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,281
Gerry Fable
Default

I am convinced that mankind will venture into deep space in the near future. But it won't be human astronauts doing the traveling, it will be robots. The same for aliens. Our first contact with aliens will likely be with alien robots.
 
Old May 10th, 2015 #12
Crowe
Senior Member
 
Crowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,433
Crowe
Default

Stephen Hawking has reservations about contact with another species:

http://www.educatinghumanity.com/201...ng-Quotes.html

Quote:
“I think [contacting an alien civilization] would be a disaster. The extraterrestrials would probably be far in advance of us. The history of advanced races meeting more primitive people on this planet is not very happy, and they were the same species. I think we should keep our heads low.” (From the National Geographic Channel programNaked Science: Alien Contact, as quoted in The New York Times (24 November 24, 2004)
I don't agree 100% with his reason, but under the pretext of contact with ETs, I think he's right. Niggers, and spics got leveled up massively when Whites came to their shores. And most of the negative implications fell onto the more advanced race (Whites) for making the contact.

I'd be concerned about the cultural and societal implications of such a contact. Would we just immediately abandon our culture and heritage and adopt theirs? Who is to say the said species wouldn't cooperate with ZOGs around the world, and give them even greater capabilities to push their agenda? Who is to say after originally having benevolent intentions, they decide after a time that we're better off being eliminated before we become a threat? Think about it, we're an incredibly warlike species. Someone else might find that odd or threatening. And what happens the first time they get screwed by a jew, and that behavior gets applied to all of us? We could all be doomed. What happens if they turn out to be the equivalent of "space jews"? Scheming, conniving, manipulative, greedy, unscrupulous, psychotic, deranged, without morals, etc, etc.

Last edited by Crowe; May 10th, 2015 at 05:43 PM.
 
Old May 11th, 2015 #13
Ray Allan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8,471
Ray Allan
Default

Quote:
What happens if they turn out to be the equivalent of "space jews"? Scheming, conniving, manipulative, greedy, unscrupulous, psychotic, deranged, without morals, etc, etc.
No thanks, I wouldn't want the Ferengi here. A species like that would assist and empower our own jews to completely take over the planet. We would all be slaving away mining gold for them, or something. Or cooperate with ZOG, as you say. They are already doing a good job of that without ETs helping them.
__________________
"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor
 
Old May 11th, 2015 #14
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Morrison Hotel
Posts: 9,396
Blog Entries: 11
Donnie in Ohio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

I'd be concerned about the cultural and societal implications of such a contact. Would we just immediately abandon our culture and heritage and adopt theirs? Who is to say the said species wouldn't cooperate with ZOGs around the world, and give them even greater capabilities to push their agenda? Who is to say after originally having benevolent intentions, they decide after a time that we're better off being eliminated before we become a threat? Think about it, we're an incredibly warlike species. Someone else might find that odd or threatening. And what happens the first time they get screwed by a jew, and that behavior gets applied to all of us? We could all be doomed. What happens if they turn out to be the equivalent of "space jews"? Scheming, conniving, manipulative, greedy, unscrupulous, psychotic, deranged, without morals, etc, etc.
You're joking, right?
__________________
"When US gets nuked and NEMO is uninhabitable, I will make my way on foot to the gulf and live off red snapper and grapefruit"- Alex Linder
 
Old May 11th, 2015 #15
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Doom Fort II
Posts: 2,800
Sam Emerson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
What happens if they turn out to be the equivalent of "space jews"? Scheming, conniving, manipulative, greedy, unscrupulous, psychotic, deranged, without morals, etc, etc.
Jews are parasites on White societies because Whites are more capable than jews. Aliens with interstellar spacecraft would be far more capable than us. They wouldn't need slaves, and even if they did they wouldn't do 1000 light year slave raids, they'd breed and raise slaves on their home planets or space stations.

The same applies to any earth resource. The astronomical cost (in energy and time) of transporting anything light years would discourage any would-be Ferengi.

They'd be stopped before they began by their favorite question, "Where's the profit?"

The one thing they might want is the whole planet. If earth like planets are rare the most valuable thing in our solar system is real estate. They'd wipe us out and settle here with their own robot or gene engineered slaves.

There's no way to defend against that so there's no point in worrying about it.
 
Old June 2nd, 2016 #16
Ray Allan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8,471
Ray Allan
Default

Alien Civilizations May Number in The Trillions, New Study Says

Quote:
The possibility that we earthlings are not truly alone in the universe has gained some added credibility, thanks to a new study that coincides with NASA's recent planetary discoveries. The research published in the journal Astrobiology last week suggests that more planets in the Milky Way galaxy may harbor [more] advanced civilizations than we previously imagined.

Study co-authors Adam Frank and Woodruff Sullivan looked at recent discoveries of potentially habitable exoplanets and considered the odds of sophisticated civilizations existed on them in the past or present.

"What we showed was the 'floor' on the probability for a civilization to form on any randomly chosen planet," Frank, a University of Rochester physics and astronomy professor, told The Huffington Post in an email. "If we are the only civilization in cosmic history, then what we calculated is the actual probability nature has set. But if the actual probability is higher than that floor, then civilizations have happened before."

Frank says the potential number of planets orbiting their parent stars within a habitable distance is staggering.
http://www.tvnewslies.org/tvnl/index...tudy-says.html
__________________
"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor
 
Old October 31st, 2016 #17
Ray Allan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8,471
Ray Allan
Default Possible ET signals detected

Paper states 234 stars' signals probably from ETIs

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/in...?topic=41431.0

Chances are it's not aliens. Anomalous signals from space have been detected before and turned out to be false alarms. One occurrence was in the 1960s when satellites designed to detect Soviet nuclear explosions on Earth and near-Earth space picked up huge radiation signatures from distant stars thought to be evidence of an interstellar war in the far reaches of space which led to the discovery of pulsars. One exception was the so-called "Wow Signal" picked up on radio telescopes in 1977 which has so far remained unexplained. In SETI, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, as in any other scientific investigation, specific protocols exist for anything to be proven as fact. Empirical evidence has to be repeatable through various means and confirmed by different scientists, of which these signals have yet to be done. But it would be pretty amazing if we did tap into some galactic federation's communications network, though.
__________________
"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor
 
Old October 31st, 2016 #18
Crowe
Senior Member
 
Crowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,433
Crowe
Default

I don't really know what they expect to find with radio telescopes? Seems to me like they're looking for a civilization that's achieved a level of tech to use radio waves as communication, but nothing more advanced to the point where they moved on from using radio waves as communications. For example, they could use using something like this to communicate.
__________________
Low-IQ bible scholars are legion, the big book o' bullshit is catnip to the underbrained. --ALEX LINDER
 
Old November 3rd, 2016 #19
Ray Allan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8,471
Ray Allan
Default

With our planet and solar system sitting out here in the boondocks of the Milky Way galaxy, 2/3 of the way to its edge, it may be a long, long time before we discover another intelligent civilization or they discover us. Those civilizations may be located amongst stars situated more toward the galactic center or in the star clusters containing more older stars than our Sun and hence a bigger chance of them having planets that developed intelligent, spacefaring beings and civilizations.
__________________
"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor
 
Old June 23rd, 2017 #20
Ray Allan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8,471
Ray Allan
Default 70th anniversary of first modern UFO sighting

__________________
"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.
Page generated in 0.09752 seconds.